Back to the Future Trilogy Blu-Ray $25 @ Amazon, $15 @ Target

sobjw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE 6/15 11:06am PST: Price on Amazon is back to $24.99 and it will be in stock on Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-A...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307261007&sr=1-1

There was a bundle with a Delorian Hot Wheels car for the same price but Amazon quickly sold out of it.
http://www.amazon.com/Future-Trilog...KY0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308154093&sr=8-3"

Price at Target should still be $14.99, not sure of the current Best Buy price.

[quote name='toshii22']I got it from my local Target for 14.99 + Tax so the Sunday deal is for the Blu-ray set for sure.

Here is the picture I took.

imag0105et.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='robodaddyo']Not always the case. There's a good possibility that this will be sold out and as stated in the ad, they are not doing any rainchecks for this collection.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're right -- I hadn't seen the ad scan yet, but it does say "no rainchecks". Huh. Well, if you want it then, plan on getting there as early as possible on Sunday to see if they've gotten any new stock.

Libbie Ave. Target in Richmond had plenty of (new style case) copies today during lunch and were ringing up $20.
I nabbed one to PM on Sunday.

[quote name='nightmare452']Wow, $15! Gonna try to get this come Sunday. Hopefully Amazon matches and saves me a trip.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to be going for the pricematch at Best Buy + $5 off coupon, so $9.99 out the door. I figure, worst case if they deny me the coupon on top of the pricematch, I will take the pricematch, then go over to customer service and see if they can apply the coupon then. :lol:

The thing is the coupon says it is valid on regular price items. I can see a clueless employee allowing it, but overall I can't see this happening more then 5% of the time. But worst case you get the PM for $15.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The thing is the coupon says it is valid on regular price items. I can see a clueless employee allowing it, but overall I can't see this happening more then 5% of the time. But worst case you get the PM for $15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with the slim odds, but I figure I'll give it a shot - this way I will get 2 chances with my store visit. #1 at checkout, and #2 at the CSR.

Saw 3 and picked up 1 at Murrieta CA off of Clinton Keith Super Target. $20 buckeroonies and will PM Sunday. Thanks again!

Just opened up my Amazon copy bundled with the Hot Wheels since the best I might be able to do is beg for a discount if Amazon decides to price match Target come Sunday. The case is the newer kind without the spring. Definitely a plus.

Went to another Target off Calif Oaks for other reasons and checked if they were there too but they didn't have any there.

meant to pick one up at $19.99 today but they were sold out. Will chance it at the next closest Target on Sunday.

Tried my local Target, they didn't have any in stock. In fact, I couldn't even find the product plate on the shelf for where it should have been, so I don't even know if they EVER had any in stock.

Will retry on sunday, hopefully they'll get some in for the $15 sale. That, or Amazon will price match.

Wow, if Target has it for $15 you can PM it at BB and use the $5 off BD coupon to get this set for $10. And I thought getting it for $25 on BF was an amazing deal. . .

Picked up mine yesterday at Target for $20, though it it's $15 on Sunday, I'm just going to bring my receipt back in and tell them to price match it and charge me back $5 :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

Keep in mind guys, it's likely they are holding extras in the Store Room in the back, I know my Target was. I would ask them to check.

[quote name='Xellos2099']What exactlly was LOTR fiasco?[/QUOTE]

I think it was BD Set was advertised as super cheap and it turned out to be for the DVD (misprint)

I picked up the old version (w/ digital copy) at the first Target that I checked. They had 2 copies total. If I can find another one on Sunday, I'll probably pick up a second copy to use as a gift. Thanks OP.

[quote name='ISUmark']I think it was BD Set was advertised as super cheap and it turned out to be for the DVD (misprint)[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, this is not the only fiasco that the Lord of the Rings and Back to the Future trilogies on Blu-ray could potentially have in common. The first fiasco the two shared was a crappy old transfer with so much DNR applied that the picture quality was completely destroyed.

Here's what the old Lord of the Rings theatrical Blu-rays look like compared with the new transfer for the extended set coming later this month:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/58228
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/58229
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/58250

If only there were Back to the Future Extended Editions so maybe we could get a proper re-release for this trilogy too... Back to the Future's transfers were raped even harder than Lord of the Rings theatrical's...

They had 10+ copy's at my Target, I'm going to wait until Monday to buy so I can check out the clearance game price drops. Time and gas = Money. If they are sold out I know Target gives out rain checks and I also hope Amazon price matches because I have credit.

[quote name='Stimes']They had 10+ copy's at my Target, I'm going to wait until Monday to buy so I can check out the clearance game price drops. Time and gas = Money. If they are sold out I know Target gives out rain checks and I also hope Amazon price matches because I have credit.[/QUOTE]

Can you rain check a sale?

Imanoob.

Went to my local Target last night and they had a few. Went through each one to find the best looking package (I'm weird like that). They only had one kind of packaging so I am curious as to what some people are talking about. If someone could clarify it for me that would be great.

EDIT: OK now I see what people meant about the springs. Does the packaging look different from the outside so I can tell the difference? The ones at my Target all looked the same and look like this
xmas413.jpg
except it has a sticker on the front, not sure what the sticker says.

[quote name='Lhallfin']Can you rain check a sale?[/QUOTE]

You can raincheck most sales (though that's hit or miss on some things, because it depends on them actually getting more in later), but yes, this particular one does specifically say "no rainchecks" in the ad.

I've seen them PM target often. This morning I noticed Amazon had Dexter season 4 for 16.99. Then I went to target.com and saw that price in their weekly ad. You're right that they seem to pm BB and WM more often though

Hopefully Amazon does price match them but it's been 5 days now and Amazon is still sitting at $24.99. They are out of stock till Tuesday anyway, so maybe they are waiting till then. When I cancelled my order I put that I found it for $20 at Target as my reason for cancelling, hopefully they catch on.

[quote name='sobjw']Hopefully Amazon does price match them but it's been 5 days now and Amazon is still sitting at $24.99. They are out of stock till Tuesday anyway, so maybe they are waiting till then. When I cancelled my order I put that I found it for $20 at Target as my reason for cancelling, hopefully they catch on.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. I wonder if anyone was successful in PM at Best Buy and using that $5 off coupon...

[quote name='ISUmark']I think it was BD Set was advertised as super cheap and it turned out to be for the DVD (misprint)[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, this is not the only fiasco that the Lord of the Rings and Back to the Future trilogies on Blu-ray had in common. They also shared a common problem: crappy old transfer with so much DNR applied that the picture quality was completely destroyed.

Here's what the old Lord of the Rings theatrical Blu-rays look like compared with the new transfer for the extended set coming later this month:

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/58147
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/58228
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/58229
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/58250

If only there were Back to the Future Extended Editions so maybe we could get a proper re-release for this trilogy too...

Afraid they would be out tomorrow. So I bought one today to price match later. A weird thing I noticed was that the slipcover is too large and the case holding the discs would fall out really easily. Is anyone else's copy like that? Also they had those dumb security things on them. So the slipcover is in a little rough shape.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']Afraid they would be out tomorrow. So I bought one today to price match later. A weird thing I noticed was that the slipcover is too large and the case holding the discs would fall out really easily. Is anyone else's copy like that? Also they had those dumb security things on them. So the slipcover is in a little rough shape.[/QUOTE]

Just received mine from Amazon today, Got it for $25 =(

I too notice that the slipcover is SERIOUSLY SLIPPING out like a SLIPPERY JOE! :bouncy:

So how positive are we that the $15 one is the Blu-Ray and not the DVD?

EDIT: Did some looking around and found this. A bit of the way down it says the following:
Back to the Future Trilogy Blu-Ray+Digital Copy $14.99

So it seems everything is good to go to get the $5 back.

So I ordered this from Amazon this week for 24.99. Unfortunately it has already being shipped so I can't cancel the order. Anyone have advice about what I should do? Should I just return the Amazon order when I get it? Should I wait and see if they price match and try asking for credit or something? Will they even do something like that?

bread's done
Back