Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
also found this:

Me:This has been seen and was wondering if this will be applied to my pre order which i made a few weeks ago?
"Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive."

Stephanie:Hello, my name is Stephanie. I'll be happy to help you. I'm going to check if this applies to your pre-order.
One moment, please.

Stephanie:Yes, I can see that $20 promo credit were applied to your order
and the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack

Me:Awesome. There are many people asking about this. Is it safe to say everyone who has pre ordered through amazon will get this deal? your page hasn't updated yet and they are all wondering. many are basing there pre-order over this

Stephanie:This is for all pre-orders of this game, yes.

Me:thank you very much. You have made me and man many others happy

Stephanie:They need to make sure the item is ONLY shipped and sold by Amazon.com. NOT FROM ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY SELLERS.
Thanks for shopping with Amazon, we hope to see you again soon.

Me:will let them know thank you

Stephanie:Ok, you're welcome. Have a great day!

[quote name='CyReN']John:Thank you. Let me check this first.
Ray I've found out that the $20 promotion runs out if you place the order on October 20 between 6pm and 12mn.
In your case, you've placed the order last October 19, it is not qualified for the one day promotion.

Me:Wait you guys only had a promotion for 6 hours? and because I pre-ordered earlier I am getting punished?[/QUOTE]

Wow this is bull crap if this is true. This wasn't even advertised, WTF AMAZON ? ! my love for them continues to drop :(

My Amazon chat ended differently than others did. The guy said the $20 credit only applied to certain people who made new pre-orders on October 20th between 6pm and 12am PST. Does not apply to existing pre-orders or anything outside of that date/timeframe.

Just wow.

Edit: Nevermind. I guess I was typing as you guys were posting. So I guess my chat confirmed all of yours.

[quote name='Jodou']Ha well, don't even get me started on that issue because I'll filibuster you. ;)

I'm just oldschool and like having a shiny new box to open, so we'll leave it at that. And you're right, it's corporate greed that inflates PC pricing but the retailer still has the option to lessen the blow. I think nobody would agree Amazon should harbor such a divide on who deserves credit more: console or PC gamers.[/QUOTE]

It's irrational but I feel the same way. :) I will pay a few dollars more for a physical copy than digital one just so I can put it on the shelf.

I honestly wish that they would just turn the console market into the same as the PC with every game being locked with a CD key, completely killing the used game market and pissing off console gamers. I own consoles but I really am a PC elitist and think things really should be equitable between PCs and consoles.

I was told (from an outsourced rep) that the promo was true....but after a lengthy wait...he comes back and then says that the promo was for the Xbox 360 only (even though the email says both PS3 and 360). But get this, as this is the really hilarious part...

...that the deal is already EXPIRED! It expired yesterday, Oct. 20!

I asked him how that is possible. How it is possible for a deal to expire the day before the actual email promoting the promo is sent to customers?

He obviously had no logical answer, but forwarded my issue to the marketing department to see if they could give me the $20 promo. Thing is, I have the PC version pre-ordered.

This guy was all over the place. Personally, I don't think he knew what he was doing. Wait and see I guess. A part of me wants to just cancel my PC pre-order and see what comes out of this. And if nothing comes out of it, I'll just wait for the game to hit $40 or below simply due to how annoying this all is.

EDIT: Wow...based on some others here I guess my rep was telling the truth. Seriously? So no promo credit for the PC version. And no promo credit if I pre-order the PS3 version now because I didn't have it pre-ordered before Oct. 20 because I'm not fucking clairvoyant! Good job Amazon...I've been holding back a lot of annoyed feelings from you lately due to your slacking....but this really tops it.

Whoever is responsible for this ridiculously stupid marketing decision should be packed into a cannon and shot straight into the fucking sun!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']If that was true, then the email would have contained a promo code or a special link just for those customers.[/QUOTE]
i bet it may ONLY be to people who already preordered, hence why they aren't advertising it on the product page, but telling everyone yes that chats with them (as the chatters seem to all have it ordered already).

I'm sorry for the confusion if the promotion was not clearly stated. In as much as we want to give you the promotion, we no longer have the option to do that.

Me:I know this isn't your fault but this REALLY leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I will not be getting the game through you guys and will not renew my prime membership in the coming months. I used to love you guys but this is really bad. Again this isn't your fault, you've been great and helped me. Just tell Amazon or your higher ups there will be a lot of pissed of fans like me.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Ok I'm reading conflicting results with these chats. What the fuck is going on ?[/QUOTE]

Have a chat with them and see what they say.

I see this more often then not and seems to be the rubberstamp answer amazon is giving out..

Ashwin:Hello, my name is Ashwin. I'll be glad to help you today.
Me:Does pre-ordering Battlefield 3 come with $20 of promotional credit?
Ashwin:please hold on while I research on this.
Perez, The promotion is only applicable for the orders placed on October 20, 2011 between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT .
This is a limited time offer Perez.

[quote name='bk187']It's irrational but I feel the same way. :) I will pay a few dollars more for a physical copy than digital one just so I can put it on the shelf.

I honestly wish that they would just turn the console market into the same as the PC with every game being locked with a CD key, completely killing the used game market and pissing off console gamers. I own consoles but I really am a PC elitist and think things really should be equitable between PCs and consoles.[/QUOTE]
so you want others to suffer for your gain? you must be a democrat?

that's so wrong in so many ways in my opinion, i can't even begin to dissect that nonsense.

i knew we were all gonna be waiting for nothing. wtf? for 6 hours yesterday with no letting us know? that's CRAAAAZY!

[quote name='CyReN']I'm sorry for the confusion if the promotion was not clearly stated. In as much as we want to give you the promotion, we no longer have the option to do that.
Me:I know this isn't your fault but this REALLY leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I will not be getting the game through you guys and will not renew my prime membership in the coming months. I used to love you guys but this is really bad. Again this isn't your fault, you've been great and helped me. Just tell Amazon or your higher ups there will be a lot of pissed of fans like me.[/QUOTE]

Yep, bestbuy black friday purchase it is then

What a clusterfuck of a mess. I'm not going to waste my time on this anymore. This some messed up stuff though. I guess I'll follow others and see if I can grab this for 40 on Black Friday or whatever.

Lol. So as my chat was ending, the guy apologized for the inconvenience and asked if he could offer me a $5 promotional credit.

Given that I was going to Gamestop where I would have to pay taxes anyways, I said sure. A savings of $10 is better than none, I guess.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']From the sound of these chats, you'd think Amazon was out-sourcing customer service from Dell.[/QUOTE]

LOL Dell Customer Service AKA India.

Just got out of a chat myself, and the chat rep. said I will receive the $20 credit after the game ships.

amazon_bf3_credit.png

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']

...that the deal is already EXPIRED! It expired yesterday, Oct. 20!

I asked him how that is possible. How it is possible for a deal to expire the day before the actual email promoting the promo is sent to customers? [/QUOTE]

They need to figure out what is going on over there, their answers to people here and on slickdeals are all over the place. I have $60 credit I want to use but not unless it has the deal because I also have $60 credit at BB and would rather use the amazon credit for Skyrim if there is no BF3 credit.

And who the hell has ever hear of a 6 hour timed preorder deal, with emails after the time window?

Very poor way to handle this situation on their part.

[quote name='bk187']It's irrational but I feel the same way. :) I will pay a few dollars more for a physical copy than digital one just so I can put it on the shelf.

I honestly wish that they would just turn the console market into the same as the PC with every game being locked with a CD key, completely killing the used game market and pissing off console gamers. I own consoles but I really am a PC elitist and think things really should be equitable between PCs and consoles.[/QUOTE]
Oh, it's coming. Online passes are just the start and (tapping into my inner-Pachter) I predict cd-keys will become a reality with the next generation of consoles.

I also predict that gamers will finally abandon Nintendo, forcing them to go 3rd party like Sega after they release Zelda: Twilight Sword of the Mask of Windwaker Part II 3D and people say, "Wow, this is just another Zelda with a dumb controller."

[quote name='JungleRot']LOL Dell Customer Service AKA India.[/QUOTE]

Calling them and talking to them over the phone is far worse than dealing with them over chat. They all sound the same and it's hard for them to understand anything that comes out of your damn mouth. Had to deal with that crap because Amazon screwed me over with a trade in one time. I sent out my Wii Fit for trade in, they sent it back because a piece was "missing" which was bs because the value at the time was over 60 and the next day it went down to 20 something. When I got it back, the box was all cut up, damaged and etc. and I was pissed off about it. I got a 30 dollar credit just for that which was cool but I had to call a bunch of times to get that shit done.

[quote name='greggysasaki']Teach Amazon a lesson...buy games from KMart.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

Amazon has really been pretty apathetic lately

[quote name='greggysasaki']Teach Amazon a lesson...buy games from KMart.[/QUOTE)]

I've benn using amazon credit for flips. Wonder if I should use all of it. Too bad kmart doesn't do trade ins

Just got done with my chat session:

You are now connected to Naveen from Amazon.com.
Me:$20 promotional email
Naveen:Hello, my name is Naveen. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:Hello
So some of my friends received an email this morning stating that there is a $20 promo credit for the pre order of battlefield 3
I preordered mine yesterday, but I see no pomo applied.
Hello?
Naveen:Seth,
I see that this $20 promotional credit will be applied to your account 2 days after the order ships.
Me:Ok, so I did receive it? Thats great news!
Well that's all that I wanted
Thanks for your help

Sounds like it's hit or miss.

It's already heading that way with the way that WB Games handled the Catwoman content on Arkham City. If you didn't buy new(or used from GS), then you don't get to play her supposedly seperate storyline AT ALL unless you fork over $10 to WB Games. Not only that but for the completionists you can't even grab some of the collectibles in the game(Riddler trophies in particular) unless you have Catwoman unlocked via the code.:roll:

But the day that console games end up being exactly like PC games with either a 'key' to lock them to the original console or they end up only being sold download only is the day I stop buying newer console games. fuck the devs for trying to FORCE people to buy new to get a full game nowadays.
[quote name='greggysasaki']Teach Amazon a lesson...buy games from KMart.[/QUOTE]
Does Kmart do trade-ins where I can use CREDIT to buy my games from there? If not, then no, as I refuse to pay CASH for games unless it's something I REALLY want(and that's few and far between anymore).

[quote name='Odinsfury']This was handled so poorly that I think I'll just stick with my Newegg pre-order.[/QUOTE]

You ordered from newegg? Did you hear what they did?

It's always this way with Amazon CSRs. You get a different answer depending on who you talk to. Who knows where they are getting their information from. I wouldn't take anything they say as fact unless/until the $20 credit actually shows up on the item page.

So did Amazon just shit all over their Pre-Order Price Guarantee? Or, since it appears this was only offered to a select few, does this not fall under that protection?

[quote name='TheBomb69']Me:Will I be getting the $20 gaming credit?
Mai:Hello Michael, my name is Mai.
Me:hi
Mai:Hi, Michael. I'll be happy to look into your question.
Me:got the following email
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.
so I ordered
didn't see the credit during the buying process
will I still receive it?
Mai:Let me go ahead and check. Just give me few moments.
Me:k
Mai:Thanks.
Thanks for waiting, Michael.
You still receive the $20 promotional credit once the item ship out.
Me:awesome, thanks a bunch!!![/QUOTE]

You really believe what they are saying huh? I had them tell me something and never was true or they never followed through. When i complain to them after the fact and it ships i usually get it fixed with multi reps i have to talk to first depending on problem. Do not count your chickens before they hatch is all i am saying and not take what reps say until it shows on the page. There are a few exceptions but nice rule of thumb in my book.

Just FYI i talked to 2 reps 1 email and 1 chat and they both said there is no $20 credit and if there is my order will update with it... This does not happen much with my orders i always got to cancel and reorder or deal with contacting them after i never getting the stuff.

They won't sell out of pre-orders so what's your angle? Just wait until the deal goes live. Simple enough. Chatting with outsourced 3rd party CS won't speed up the process.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Just got out of a chat myself, and the chat rep. said I will receive the $20 credit after the game ships.

amazon_bf3_credit.png
[/QUOTE]

Well I have never pre-ordered a game from amazon or any new game for that matter. I have ordered from AWD. This just confirms that while great in many areas video games is not one of them. I will have to give BBY my money and actually fulfill my preorder next week.

[quote name='eugaet']So did Amazon just shit all over their Pre-Order Price Guarantee? Or, since it appears this was only offered to a select few, does this not fall under that protection?[/QUOTE]
I don't think it covers promos, no. Usually Amazon just extends it to everyone, but if this was some sooper-sekret deal then we are probably just SOL.

Also, has CAG (or should I say LAG) been slow all morning for you guys? I can barely keep up with threads because everything takes forever to load. Just checked other sites, so it's not on my end.

[quote name='capt autastic']Just got done with my chat session:

You are now connected to Naveen from Amazon.com.
Me:$20 promotional email
Naveen:Hello, my name is Naveen. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:Hello
So some of my friends received an email this morning stating that there is a $20 promo credit for the pre order of battlefield 3
I preordered mine yesterday, but I see no pomo applied.
Hello?
Naveen:Seth,
I see that this $20 promotional credit will be applied to your account 2 days after the order ships.
Me:Ok, so I did receive it? Thats great news!
Well that's all that I wanted
Thanks for your help

Sounds like it's hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

I got a similar response from a different rep named Amit. With that said I won't believe it until my account is credited.

[quote name='Jodou']I don't think it covers promos, no. Usually Amazon just extends it to everyone, but if this was some sooper-sekret deal then we are probably just SOL.

Also, has CAG (or should I say LAG) been slow all morning for you guys? I can barely keep up with threads because everything takes forever to load. Just checked other sites, so it's not on my end.[/QUOTE]

CAG has been pretty slow in general for me lately.

I just contacted amazon. The promotion is only available to people who placed their preorder on October 20, 2012 between 18:00 and 23:59.

I told them to fuck off and I'll take my business elsewhere. Bullshit. 6Hr window.

[quote name='InvaderZim']You ordered from newegg? Did you hear what they did?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered from NewEgg when it was $47.99. What did NewEgg do?

Seriously considering canceling my AMZN preorder and going w/ Kmart. I'll see how it plays out over the next few hours.

[quote name='XF Gator']They won't sell out of pre-orders so what's your angle? Just wait until the deal goes live. Simple enough. Chatting with outsourced 3rd party CS won't speed up the process.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered back in August, and was about to e-mail them last night to ask them to apply my Arkham City credit to the order. I went to the product page, and noticed it was exactly the same price as when I ordered it in August, so I canceled my August pre-order and re-ordered instantly with my $10 credit.

That was yesterday. Since then, obviously this deal has shown up. So, I simply just contacted Amazon Chat like everyone else in this thread has pretty much done. I'm not going to cancel and re-order a third time, so I don't know what you mean by "what's your angle?".

Either way, an outsourced 3rd party CS obviously did speed up the process, as they confirmed it for my order. If I don't get it after the game ships, then I'll just need to contact them again and show them the chat I had saying I was confirmed for it.

Well i just chatted with Amazon and they said....

"I've checked and see that the item is not eligible for the promotion of $20.00, if you pre-order now. I'm sorry about that."

Im not seeing anything on Target about a $10 credit promo they are doing with Dr. Pepper either which is also being mentioned here on CAG. As far as I can see, Battlefield 3 is full price anywhere you look with no extras outside of skins or whatever

Out of principle, I think I may just cancel my pre-order and wait until the game sells for $40 or less. I really wanted to play this, but I'm a patient individual, not to mention I have lots to play until it drops.

Seriously, what the fuck is happening to Amazon? they were once so awesome. It's one thing to not have as many great deals/promo credits as they once did...but to pull this shady, unannounced 6 hr. window crap is purely pathetic.

[quote name='kellyjaye']Well i just chatted with Amazon and they said....

"I've checked and see that the item is not eligible for the promotion of $20.00, if you pre-order now. I'm sorry about that."

Im not seeing anything on Target about a $10 credit promo they are doing with Dr. Pepper either which is also being mentioned here on CAG. As far as I can see, Battlefield 3 is full price anywhere you look with no extras outside of skins or whatever[/QUOTE]

It's in the weekly ad. I saw it yesturday as we get the Target ads around my area early

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Out of principle, I think I may just cancel my pre-order and wait until the game sells for $40 or less. I really wanted to play this, but I'm a patient individual, not to mention I have lots to play until it drops.

Seriously, what the fuck is happening to Amazon? they were once so awesome. It's one thing to not have as many great deals/promo credits as they once did...but to pull this shady, unannounced 6 hr. window crap is purely pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is becoming complacent sadly :(

bread's done
Back