Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

Guys._._._.gif

:rofl:

Anyone else not get the best buy pre order skins? No code on my receipt and no email yet... Loving the game!

Played the PC version for a little over 3 hours last night, the install went fast but the patch took close to 2 hours to download through Origin (on a 12Mbps connection). I had the same experience I had with BF2: the first time any map was loaded, and did the texture optimization thing, the server booted me for taking too long to connect. Once a map had loaded at least once though I had no further problems.

Played Recon on the large open area maps and Engineer on the close-quarters/indoor maps. Only disappointment is that after 3+ hours of playing on 64 player maps I never once heard a single other person with a headset. Maybe i'm missing something, but I didn't see any headset settings in the Options menu? Xbox Live handles in-game communication so well that it seems shocking that PC games&gamers still lag behind in this area.

I was completely unable to connect to the EA servers last night. Damned annoying. I'm hoping it works tonight. Or else I'll just keep playing Gears 3...

There was a 2 hour block where I couldnt do anything, then my friend and I were able to do some coop. Today, I cant do either.

I get that release day is always training for servers but again....for fucks sake I didnt buy the game to look at the title menu.

I don't play a ton of games so sorry if this is a ridiculous question. I rented this from Blockbuster. I am not able to play multiplayer unless I pay $8.00 for a EA pass or something? Does it work for all EA games or just this one if I pay?

[quote name='seanr1221'] I was only able to look at the attackers weapons. How do I check the defenders?[/QUOTE]

So anyone know how to switch over to the defenders loadout at the main menu section? Or was this overlooked and needs to be addressed in another patch?

Turns out the Gamestop guns are pretty damn nice. That shotgun will fuck people up. Support machine gun is nice as well, easy to whore points as support class.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']When you at the menu at looking at My Soldier and are scrollling through the guns and attachments, the screen has this little flicker to it. Whoever had the idea to make the screen flicker every time should be hurt very badly.[/QUOTE]

That flicker is the fucking worst! Trying to set up my kit and instead i'm having a epileptic seizure, why?!?!

[quote name='schuerm26']I don't play a ton of games so sorry if this is a ridiculous question. I rented this from Blockbuster. I am not able to play multiplayer unless I pay $8.00 for a EA pass or something? Does it work for all EA games or just this one if I pay?[/QUOTE]

Blockbuster only got the standard edition and I didn't see the pass in my copy (and this BB usually leaves them in) So yep you likely will have to pay for the pass.

[quote name='razgriz24']is there a BF3 group for CAG? Want to try playing as a squad/team vs randoms.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for this too. My game is scheduled to arrive on Friday (forgot to check release date delivery...). Hopefully the server issues are fixed before then.

[quote name='razgriz24']is there a BF3 group for CAG? Want to try playing as a squad/team vs randoms.[/QUOTE]

would very much be down for this. also if anyone wants to join me in some co-op just add me. i'll be on pretty much all night

Played a bit of the single player, didn't hook me. Played a few hours of multiplayer and it seems just like Bad Company 2. I guess Battlefield just isn't my thing. Didn't really like Black Ops either though. I think the whole military shooter has gone the way of
Guitar Hero for me...

[quote name='sublime90']would very much be down for this. also if anyone wants to join me in some co-op just add me. i'll be on pretty much all night[/QUOTE]

I'm game too. I'm usually on at night too. I hope EA has the server issues fixed.

Don't have a bullshit MP Pass and can't even start a 2-day Multiplayer trial like in other games, thanks a lot GreeDy Games and your money-grubbing ways.

I'll be down someone needs to set that cag group up. I'll see about making the tag late tonight if Noone else has. I'm annoyed by randoms driving off as I try to repair their tank or dumbasses crashing copters full of people.

Shady859 is mine, I am on late nights east coast into the weeee hours of the night.

Congrats to whoever knifed me like 15 times in a row, I eagerly await a Youtube video.

I was letting my nephew play it earlier and he was zipping all over the place like it was COD.
Sat there and watched as he kept running past the same person only to get stabbed in the back.
:lol:

Played quite a bit today. Man, it's a blast! I'm actually liking Conquest now and I despised it in Bad Company 2. Team deathmatch is fun as well but I always get lag in those matches for some reason.

Also, does anyone know if I can pick up my GS reservation and then return it? I kind of want the guns but already have the game so....

So the biggest crutch I find with BF is the same ol same ol of stupid team mates. You mind actually throwing down some ammo crates? Health? Healing the tank? No? Ok then.

In the 5 hours I have played I think I have only been revived 5ish times.

Not complain just saying.

Heals and ammo? How about people learning to spot so games don't turn into snipers gone wild.

I figure support must be the OP class of the moment as that's what most people are playing. Fire hose of sniper bullets ftw?

[quote name='Soodmeg']So the biggest crutch I find with BF is the same ol same ol of stupid team mates. You mind actually throwing down some ammo crates? Health? Healing the tank? No? Ok then.

In the 5 hours I have played I think I have only been revived 5ish times.

Not complain just saying.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky to find a good group of players tonight. I will probably play as every class in a match depending on how the game is going. I wasn't playing with a mic but we all seemed to know where to go and what to do at any given time. Those games were very enjoyable but I know that won't always happen :(

I like playing as a medic well from back in my Wolfenstein days. I did it near exclusively on release day before going engineer but I tend to hop classes. Battlelog is awesome btw: 25 revives, 1187 heals in basically one night.

I created a BF3 gamertag. If you add it to your friends list you can view it's friends and find other CAGs to play with.
Send request to: CAG BF3 GROUP
I'll accept all requests and hope it's successful as others have been.

I've never understood why ammo and health is hard to come by. If I spawn on you, I'm dropping something becuase if nothing else it's free and easy points...

Now that I've actually been able to play, I've got to say that there are some really odd map layouts going on. I suppose I just have to get used to them, but man some of these are strange.

Tanks feel really weird compared to Bad Company 1/2 tanks. Helo's too.

Outdoor areas seem to have a whitewash that isn't solved with a brightness adjustment.

Teamwork is oddly absent and the lack of talking just makes it worse. I think I got used to BC2 as an "old game" that was played by people that were really into it and the newbies had drifted off. With BF3 being the new game now, those clowns haven't dropped off to the next new thing yet and seem to be a plague.

Remember in the first day or two of release, a lot of people are level 1 and haven't unlocked defibrillators, etc, yet. Also, for the first couple weeks, you'll have a lot of casual (read, COD) players who aren't familiar with the BF teamwork actions. I actually think BF3 will be more fun to play AFTER COD:MW3 releases.

Having trouble with aircraft.

Might be my controller but even with the sensitivity at the lowest, one slight movement and I'm upside down.

Threw in the towel for co-op last night when trying the air support mission.
Was barely off the ground for two seconds before crashing.

Only thing I wish this game had was an in-game video tool like Halo/BLOPS. I had an epic game of Rush last night I would love to have saved.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Heals and ammo? How about people learning to spot so games don't turn into snipers gone wild.
[/QUOTE]

amen to that. i swear most games i feel like im the only one spotting.

Well I finished the campaign last night, and needless to say it really was meh. It felt like a mix of a bad season of 24 and Mirror's Edge. The only redeeming factor was the jet-fighting mission. I haven't been immersed into a level like that since CoD4. Other than that, I'm loving the multiplayer so far and can't wait to keep leveling up!

As a medic/assault class, I spend more time healing and reviving than anything else. Too bad you can only revive people once.

I've been MVP 3 times since I unlocked the defib and 3rd place once. Now I need the achievement for second place.

And K/D matters more in this game than CoD because of the ticket system. Take Conquest and compare it to Domination. In domination you can have a horrible K/D and still win if you control 2 out of 3 flags. In BF you have to hold the points AND not die. My team lost last night even though we had all three flags. My squad go the Ace Squad ribbon though. It wasn't our fault.

[quote name='sublime90']amen to that. i swear most games i feel like im the only one spotting.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I was playing conquest last night in metro seemed like everyone was content sitting at "B" shooting at each other. I managed to get past the gun fight and take "A" by myself. People fail to see the point in pushing forward. Drives me nuts. And dropping ammo, health, and repairing stuff makes it way easier to level. I played an hour and a half last night and made level 3.

Quick question, I just got my 360 copy. If I open it can I play the single player without using the code? Reason I ask is if I don't like it, I'll swap it for the PS3 version so I can play it with my friend. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Quick question, I just got my 360 copy. If I open it can I play the single player without using the code? Reason I ask is if I don't like it, I'll swap it for the PS3 version so I can play it with my friend. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can play the campaign without entering the code.

[quote name='KrizB']Having trouble with aircraft.

Might be my controller but even with the sensitivity at the lowest, one slight movement and I'm upside down.

Threw in the towel for co-op last night when trying the air support mission.
Was barely off the ground for two seconds before crashing.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember which map it was, but you get to launch off of a carrier with the jet. One of my dogs jumped in my lap while I was launching and made me steer into the tower on the carrier and blow up.

Hey man, at least you got off the ground!

Yea I was a mess with aircraft at first as well untill I realized everything was inverted. Tried to change it but you can't... I like flying but I don't do alot of good lol.

Getting everyone added on the GT as I can: CAG BF3 GROUP

how's MP compared to BFBC2? I had more fun (when no lag) than playing MW2 especially if I was Engineer and had people constant drive tanks over my mines oh some how went on a spawn killing spree with Recon sniper lol :D I never had a chance to practice using vehicles in a match expect using guns or a standard jeep. I do know vehicles are key to wining most of the time

bread's done
Back