BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kyden139']Not in the same trip you can't. When you pick up an instore order you can't do any return/pm on that item for an hour or so. Its a quirk of their computer system.[/QUOTE]

Really? Well thats a buzzkill. Guess I'll have to hope its in stock one night next week after the 15th and then I'll drive up after work to pick it up.

C'mon guys. Drop the pointless argument. Call the game whatever the hell you want and leave it at that. Or take it to PM.

[quote name='lochdoun']Reckoning is the title of game.
Amalur is the universe that the game is set in.
It can't get clearer than that.[/QUOTE]

We were never confused.

[quote name='lochdoun']hahaha

People take things way too seriously; much to my entertainment.

Gotta love the internet.[/QUOTE]

says the guy who went on a rant about the official name of a video game. :applause:

Anyone think Revelations or Brotherhood will go on sale? Those two games are in the Assassin's Creed universe for those who only know them by their improper title.

[quote name='lochdoun']Amount of mistakes in this thread is dreadful...

The game is NOT called "Kingdoms of Amalur", "KOA", "Amalur" or "Kingdoms".

The game is called RECKONING.

Do people call Skyrim "TES", "Scrolls" or "Elder"?
No they do not, because that is not what the game is called.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a prefix referring to the lore, just like The Elder Scrolls.

I will be buying Reckoning for $10, great deal.[/QUOTE]

What an absolute tool.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anyone think Revelations or Brotherhood will go on sale? Those two games are in the Assassin's Creed universe for those who only know them by their improper title.[/QUOTE]

Very funny. Anyway, Revelations was already on sale in the last magazine. It was available for $10. I do want to find Brotherhood for $5-10, though. $20 is a bit too much.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anyone think Revelations or Brotherhood will go on sale? Those two games are in the Assassin's Creed universe for those who only know them by their improper title.[/QUOTE]

Please refer to them as Assassin's Creed 8 or Assassin's Creed II sub game 4 AND Assassin's Creed 7 or Assassin's Creed II sub game 3.

Or to keep it simple: Assassin's Creed II Renaissance Period games E and D.

In my next post I will break down the Final Fantasy series by proper name in its entirety.

Come to think of it, my local store might have already sold out on KoA. They were sold out of NG3 even before the $20 DotD.

Ok one last thing. The first TES was called The Elder Scrolls: Arena or its more common name Arena as everyone referred to it.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Very funny. Anyway, Revelations was already on sale in the last magazine. It was available for $10. I do want to find Brotherhood for $5-10, though. $20 is a bit too much.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if the game "Pets" was listed as an @Gamer coupon yet? Just to be clear, that plays in the Sims 3 universe.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You can do either. If you're worried about not being able to find a copy then buy it now.[/QUOTE]

Alright, can someone explain to me exactly how to do the purchase now, then return/buy back later? I'm more than happy to pick up now and deal with the return/buy back, I've just never done it, and want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.

Specifically, what do I tell them when I'm doing the return, and how do I buy it back immediately? And is there anything I need to tell them to make sure it works, and they don't give me a hard time?

[quote name='INCyr']Alright, can someone explain to me exactly how to do the purchase now, then return/buy back later? I'm more than happy to pick up now and deal with the return/buy back, I've just never done it, and want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.

Specifically, what do I tell them when I'm doing the return, and how do I buy it back immediately? And is there anything I need to tell them to make sure it works, and they don't give me a hard time?[/QUOTE]

You should not need the game but just the receipt. Go to CS and say I bought this x days ago and now I received a coupon for $30 off. I would like to do a return/rebuy. They should take care of the rest. If you are really worried, do not open the game and bring it with you. At worst they take the return and you just buy it with the coupon. It won't be a problem really.

[quote name='INCyr']Alright, can someone explain to me exactly how to do the purchase now, then return/buy back later? I'm more than happy to pick up now and deal with the return/buy back, I've just never done it, and want to make sure I know what I'm getting into.

Specifically, what do I tell them when I'm doing the return, and how do I buy it back immediately? And is there anything I need to tell them to make sure it works, and they don't give me a hard time?[/quote]

You can just ask for a price adjustment, they may have to end up voiding the original purchase and have you re-buy it in the process. I spoke to the girl at CS today and she said she doesn't know much about the magazine, but once I get it I should just bring back the receipt with the coupon and they will do a price adjustment for me.

You have to be careful with who you are dealing with as well, some managers will do it with only the receipt while others require you to have the game in its original condition of being factory sealed. In your case I would make sure not to open the product until you can get it adjusted as they will most likely ask you to have the game present when you do it.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Do you know if the game "Pets" was listed as an @Gamer coupon yet? Just to be clear, that plays in the Sims 3 universe.[/QUOTE]

No but there was a recent deal on "11."

[quote name='TooPoor']Come to think of it, my local store might have already sold out on KoA. They were sold out of NG3 even before the $20 DotD.[/QUOTE]
My store had pretty much a full row of Reckoning. Almost a comical amount.

Surprising that not many people bought Reckoning in my area, as I live in New England and people worship Curt Schilling around here.

Anyway, EA always over-distributes which is why you see so many coupons on EA games. There was also a full row of Bulletstorm before the $5 special.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a prefix referring to the lore, just like The Elder Scrolls.

Douchebag? Mmmmmhhhhhmmmm

Cool story bro, im excited about KOA as well!

[quote name='craig.courtney']Cool story bro, im excited about KOA as well![/QUOTE]
You mean Reckoning? :lol:
ahahaha
You guys are entertaining! :applause:

[quote name='lochdoun']You mean Reckoning? :lol:
ahahaha
You guys are entertaining! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I think we have an attention whore guys!:ziplip:

Wait this was your 1st post after opening this account 18 months ago? Are people creating sleeper troll accounts just for this purpose? Gargus? :booty:

lol he's calling out izanagi for immaturity in another thread. this dude has posted more today than ive seen him post all year... i hope this isnt going to be a regular thing.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I think we have an attention whore guys!:ziplip:[/QUOTE]

I think I've used the 'ignore' option more this month than all previous months combined. Seriously, is it just troll accounts, something in the water, a passing comet?!

Shame that 38-Studio's got shuttered, so we'll probably never see anymore games in the KoA series.

Oh well...In for KoA, and possibly SFxT if it ends up being

[quote name='cancerman1120']Wait this was your 1st post after opening this account 18 months ago? Are people creating sleeper troll accounts just for this purpose? Gargus? :booty:[/QUOTE]
Calling the game KoA must have bothered him that much for him to finally start posting. :lol:

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I think I've used the 'ignore' option more this month than all previous months combined. Seriously, is it just troll accounts, something in the water, a passing comet?!

Shame that 38-Studio's got shuttered, so we'll probably never see anymore games in the KoA series.

Oh well...In for KoA, and possibly SFxT if it ends up being

[quote name='Scorch']You can call it KoA if you want, it's not like there's going to be a second one or anything.[/QUOTE]

There could be, I believe Activision or some other company bought up BigHugeGames. 38 Studios is what went under, all they did as far as I know is bought BHG to help make/fund the game. I am sure I am missing some details, but I don't think the KoA series is dead 100%.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Wait this was your 1st post after opening this account 18 months ago? Are people creating sleeper troll accounts just for this purpose? Gargus? :booty:[/QUOTE]
Ironically you've contributed the most posts in this exchange.

So who's the real troll/attention whore here?
Look in the mirror buddy. ;)

[quote name='lochdoun']So when's Skyrim 2 coming out? :lol:[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is he was using proper logic and you are just too trollish to know.

Using your Skyrim example it would be like this

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Elder Scrolls VI: Rimsky

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Kingdoms of Amalur 2: Wreckoning

So yes the name would be KoA2 if we go by "Skyrim" rules.

What Saix said.

If we can link the correct game to whatever nickname or abbreviation people choose (SCV, AssBro was my favorite nickname), then it suffices.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The funny thing is he was using proper logic and you are just too trollish to know.

Using your Skyrim example it would be like this

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Elder Scrolls VI: Rimsky

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Kingdoms of Amalur 2: Wreckoning

So yes the name would be KoA2 if we go by "Skyrim" rules.[/QUOTE]
Sarcasm doesn't translate well to you sir.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There could be, I believe Activision or some other company bought up BigHugeGames. 38 Studios is what went under, all they did as far as I know is bought BHG to help make/fund the game. I am sure I am missing some details, but I don't think the KoA series is dead 100%.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they got the license with that deal, but there could be a "spiritual" sequel in a way.

Guys its called Among Thieves, duh! You are wrong when you use its prefix as the game name.

If you haven't heard of Among Thieves you must have been living under a rock for all of 2008 and 2009.

"Have a toast for the douchebags" - kanye west

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There could be, I believe Activision or some other company bought up BigHugeGames. 38 Studios is what went under, all they did as far as I know is bought BHG to help make/fund the game. I am sure I am missing some details, but I don't think the KoA series is dead 100%.[/QUOTE]

Not 100% certain, but I thought that (as laughable of a concept as it may be) the state of Rhode Island ended up owning the rights to the series after all was said and done, or something to that effect.

I grabbed a copy of KoA today. My BB only had 2 for PS3, so I didn't want to miss out.

Oh, and I will get 13 if it comes down to $10-15 (that is Tiger Woods 13...It is called 13 based on the logic laid out a few pages back, lol).

bread's done
Back