BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mars009']So you guys think I could pick KOA tomorrow or wait until the 15th to go to BB?[/QUOTE]

You can do either. If you're worried about not being able to find a copy then buy it now.

I know people are hoping for a $10 tiger woods, I see it possibly going on sale for $30, making it $5. Honestly I'll pay up to $15 for it.

[quote name='technicalstylez']wait til midnightmetal posts next weeks ad and see if any games u wanted are marked down to 29.99 and go from there.[/QUOTE]

there are none marked down to $29.99 , other than some nintendo ds games, I have the ad. Maybe there will be some unadvertised sale

[quote name='Brother Daz']I know people are hoping for a $10 tiger woods, I see it possibly going on sale for $30, making it $5. Honestly I'll pay up to $15 for it.[/QUOTE]
Have you played it already? Never played the series, but for $10 I'd try it out.

[quote name='technicalstylez']wait til midnightmetal posts next weeks ad and see if any games u wanted are marked down to 29.99 and go from there.[/QUOTE]Next week's ad has already been posted here, and there's nothing in the form of individual games on sale. :cry:

[quote name='Jodou']Well for one I plan on tossing the mag soon as I have the coupons, but the main reason being since its inception I've yet to use a coupon from them. People seem to measure the value of the sub on the coupons, when in reality they should be paying for the editorials. Pretty funny how they don't realize they're paying for a piss-poor coupon subscription.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, FF XIII-2 for $15, Batman: AC for $10, Bulletstorm and Mass Effect 2 for $5 each, Resistance 3 for $10, Deadliest Warrior for free, etc. have been such terrible coupons. Because of your post, I now know what a mistake it was to buy such cheap games and enjoy them so much. I must atone for my blunder by throwing myself off a building!

/sarcasm

Your post was absolutely terrible, and you should feel absolutely terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I'm a bit new here (just started really checking this site daily about 2 weeks ago), and don't know much about this Best Buy gamer magazine, but I REALLY want to get $10 KoA.

Currently, I do not have any best buy subscription at all, nor do I live close to one (but I can go to the city for about maybe two days of my choosing if need be). What will I need to do to get KoA for $10 bucks?

Based on what I've been reading, I should drive down to the city where the closest best buy is on July 15th, walk in the store, buy the July issue of "Gamers Unlocked", flip the pages to find the coupon, and just buy KoA right then and there for the $10 bucks right then and there? I don't think I will be able to make much use of the subscription, because I'm not willing to drive to the city for very many games, KoA is just the exception.

Would the above plan work, or is there some error or flaw I might be missing? As I said before, I REALLY want KoA, it's the main reason I've been checking this site so much within the past 2 weeks, trying to find this game for $30 bucks or less new. Some answers would be much appreciated.

[quote name='vickers500']Okay, so I'm a bit new here (just started really checking this site daily about 2 weeks ago), and don't know much about this Best Buy gamer magazine, but I REALLY want to get $10 KoA.

Currently, I do not have any best buy subscription at all, nor do I live close to one (but I can go to the city for about maybe two days of my choosing if need be). What will I need to do to get KoA for $10 bucks?

Based on what I've been reading, I should drive down to the city where the closest best buy is on July 15th, walk in the store, buy the July issue of "Gamers Unlocked", flip the pages to find the coupon, and just buy KoA right then and there for the $10 bucks right then and there? I don't think I will be able to make much use of the subscription, because I'm not willing to drive to the city for very many games, KoA is just the exception.

Would the above plan work, or is there some error or flaw I might be missing? As I said before, I REALLY want KoA, it's the main reason I've been checking this site so much within the past 2 weeks, trying to find this game for $30 bucks or less new. Some answers would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]Your plan should work, though you should expect to pay an additional $5 for the magazine.

u already figured it out, theres no trickery involved. go in, buy the mag, use the coupon, buy the game. all in one transaction if u like. if u want u can sign up for a digital sub and then the coupons are emailed to u.

[quote name='vickers500']Okay, so I'm a bit new here (just started really checking this site daily about 2 weeks ago), and don't know much about this Best Buy gamer magazine, but I REALLY want to get $10 KoA.

Would the above plan work, or is there some error or flaw I might be missing? As I said before, I REALLY want KoA, it's the main reason I've been checking this site so much within the past 2 weeks, trying to find this game for $30 bucks or less new. Some answers would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Amount of mistakes in this thread is dreadful...

The game is NOT called "Kingdoms of Amalur", "KOA", "Amalur" or "Kingdoms".

The game is called RECKONING.

Do people call Skyrim "TES", "Scrolls" or "Elder"?
No they do not, because that is not what the game is called.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a prefix referring to the lore, just like The Elder Scrolls.

I will be buying Reckoning for $10, great deal.

Vickers500, coupons only work in store for now (not sure if there are plans to change this) so you would have to make a trip to BB. You can buy the @gamers magazine for $5 and then use the coupon inside to buy KoA for $10. If KoA is the only game you can see yourself buying then just buy the mag, but Unlocked also has other advantages like getting $20 in reward certificates for pre ordering certain games and not too mention other coupons that might interest you down the road.

[quote name='lochdoun']Amount of mistakes in this thread is dreadful...

Kingdoms of Amalur is a prefix referring to the lore, just like The Elder Scrolls.

I will be buying Reckoning for $10, great deal.[/QUOTE]

Dude...really? This is your beef?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Dude...really? This is your beef?[/QUOTE]
Not a beef, but I see this mistake everywhere and it should be pointed out to those who may not know, that's all.

[quote name='lochdoun']Not a beef, but I see this mistake everywhere and it should be pointed out to those who may not know, that's all.[/QUOTE]

Well considering this game will never get a sequel KOA: Reckoning will be the only entry so I think we are safe using the prefix.

[quote name='lochdoun']Not a beef, but I see this mistake everywhere and it should be pointed out to those who may not know, that's all.[/QUOTE]
But the thing is, how many people actually give a shit to know it's 'proper name'? Raise your hands.

I know I don't care, that's for sure.

I'm trying to keep up with the thread but the amount of post's are adding up too quick. My question is anyone receive their magazine in the mail yet?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But the thing is, how many people actually give a shit to know it's 'proper name'? Raise your hands.

I know I don't care, that's for sure.[/QUOTE]
Who asked if you cared, oh holy one?

Funny how every place that sells it lists it as Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

I guess the big letters on the box are all that matter. BIG LETTERS.

[quote name='NoodleN1nja']I'm trying to keep up with the thread but the amount of post's are adding up too quick. My question is anyone receive their magazine in the mail yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I will hope it arrives next week sometime. I think the earliest I have gotten it is 3-4 days before the coupons were active. They are not normally sent out much earlier.

[quote name='TooPoor']Have you played it already? Never played the series, but for $10 I'd try it out.[/QUOTE]Yeah I played it for a minute when target had the CE for $35. Sold it off pretty quick and have been wanting it again since. Definitely worth $10

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Funny how every place that sells it lists it as Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

I guess the big letters on the box are all that matter. BIG LETTERS.[/QUOTE]
The big letters are to signify that's what it's supposed to be called.

The developers obviously wanted the game to be referred to as Reckoning just as Bethesda wants The Elder Scrolls V to be referred to as Skyrim (also "big letters").

the only mistake in this thread worth mentioning is your post.

[quote name='lochdoun']The big letters are to signify that's what it's supposed to be called.

The developers obviously wanted the game to be referred to as Reckoning just as Bethesda wants The Elder Scrolls V to be referred to as Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

I refer to it as Douchebag McGee's Bankrupt Game. Is that better?

dude nobody cares.

[quote name='lochdoun']The big letters are to signify that's what it's supposed to be called.

The developers obviously wanted the game to be referred to as Reckoning just as Bethesda wants The Elder Scrolls V to be referred to as Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing, if you go into any store (GameStop, Target, Best Buy, Walmart, etc) that has games and you ask for "Reckoning" they will wonder what the fuck you are talking about.

The moment you say "Kingdoms of Amalur" they will likely still look at you funny, but will be able to assist you.

"Oh, you mean Kingdoms of Amalur? Yeah, we got that."

[quote name='lochdoun']Who asked if you cared, oh holy one?[/QUOTE]

who asked for the proper title of the game?

Get the f*ck outta here..

The developers obviously wanted the game to be referred to as Reckoning just as Bethesda wants The Elder Scrolls V to be referred to as Skyrim (also "big letters").[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the developers care more about finding new jobs right now.

But I did enjoy reading your banter back and forth with others. Very entertaining good sir.

The developers obviously wanted the game to be referred to as Reckoning just as Bethesda wants The Elder Scrolls V to be referred to as Skyrim (also "big letters").[/QUOTE]
While you call KoA a prefix I call Reckoning a subtitle. Do people refer to Dragon Age: Origins by the title Origins? no.... it's Dragon Age because it's the first.

man i've been wanting to play KoA for soooo long! The graphics look so neat, Amalur for sure is gonna be my favorite game this year. i might even get 2 copies of Kingdoms so I can have one for both consoles. Kingdoms of Amalur is the best coupon deal this month.
KoA #1: The Reckoning is gonna be awesome guys! KoA KoA KoA!!!......War Amalur!

fucking idiot.

nah, pretty much everyone got picked up by Epic and started another Epic studio in Baltimore, so they're good.

[quote name='waldo21212']Pretty sure the developers care more about finding new jobs right now.

But I did enjoy reading your banter back and forth with others. Very entertaining good sir.[/QUOTE]

man i've been wanting to play KoA for soooo long! The graphics look so neat, Amalur for sure is gonna be my favorite game this year. i might even get 2 copies of Kingdoms so I can have one for both consoles. Kingdoms of Amalur is the best coupon deal this month.
KoA #1: The Reckoning is gonna be awesome guys! KoA KoA KoA!!!......War Amalur!

fucking idiot.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You can do either. If you're worried about not being able to find a copy then buy it now.[/QUOTE]

More worried about them doing the price match :)

[quote name='mars009']More worried about them doing the price match :)[/QUOTE]
You'll be fine, just don't use the coupon until you get the price adjustment.

[quote name='mars009']More worried about them doing the price match :)[/QUOTE]
I've actually had pretty amazing results with PMing. I even stopped them from doing a return/rebuy to avoid losing my pre-order promotion and they were totally cool with it. I think it just depends on the mood of the person and how awesome your manager is.

tumblr_m6evj6Ngnd1qe2lde.gif

Write Reckoning, and no one knows what this is about. Write, Kingdoms of Amalur, or KoA, and its 100% clear. Its as simple as that

[quote name='kouleefoh']btw, what happened to namispep??? lol i miss him already[/QUOTE]

He is helping his Dad draft all the lawsuits against us. I think he does the spell checking. :lol:

There is no mistake...This guy is a virgin.

[quote name='kouleefoh']btw, what happened to namispep??? lol i miss him already[/QUOTE]

I just saw he was banned...I guess he visited my profile also...dodged that bullet. :bouncy:

[quote name='technicalstylez']ya i saw that thread but didnt realize that was "it" so to speak. fiddlesticks. was hoping they'd pm gs' price for lollipop chainsaw. oh well[/QUOTE]

Hahaha you said ”fiddlesticks” :)

You sound like one of those smelly fat guys who butt-in to someone's conversation just to correct them on a useless fact about movies, TV, games, and/or comic books.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']You sound like one of those smelly fat guys who butt-in to someone's conversation just to correct them on a useless fact about movies, TV, games, and/or comic books.[/QUOTE]
I think I found his picture.
comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

bread's done
Back