BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a good month. TW13 will likely go on sale too, so it could be a $20 title (but that's pure speculation).

[quote name='ijustw1n']7 coupons? Weird.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we got a mystery, gang! Although i think priority is figuring out when this Steam sale starts.

another thing to mention is the $29.99+ b2g1 starts next week and people unaware of the coupons would be happy to get amalur thru that promotion..hopefully theres a restock before the coupons go live

[quote name='Bosamba']I just got back from Best Buy myself and did exactly what you're thinking about doing. I also picked up another copy of :360:Kingdoms of Amalur and will leave it sealed to do a return/rebuy. At the time of purchase my closest store had 5 Xbox copies and 6 PS3 copies left, didn't see any PC copies anywhere.

I'd advise anyone who wants in on this deal to buy ahead now or hide the game if you can. I haven't spotted any mention of this deal yet over at Slick Deals.[/QUOTE]

BLAHHH. I bought KoA a week ago for $23 after the used coupon. Has anyone had experience on what I can do? Would they let me get a discount? I opened it, didn't use it yet. I figure it's used so I can return it, but I don't know.

Not at ALL interested in most of those...but $10 for KoA is pretty great, and $5 off a $20 or less preowned game? I'm sure there's something cheap that will be worthwhile slightly cheaper. Decent coupons overall. I'm happy with the @gamer thing...having to pay for the coupons is annoying, but they *do* seem to be better than the free coupons (usually) were.

If I get KoA during the B2G1 but then need to go in and buy a magazine would I have to keep the game sealed in order to do the return/rebuy thing people are talking about or will they PM an opened copy with just the receipt?

BB is far away for me so I would prefer to limit my trips there, but could use the B2G1, the RZ cert, and eventual $30 back would be great. I mostly just want to make sure I get KoA, but if I could get some other games for a little more I'd be fine with that as well.

[quote name='Enuf']
Your main mistake was asking the pc should automatically zero out the the $5 mag cost when the barcode for the subscription is totaled. Once that happens it's pretty hard from them to say "it doesn't come with the sub"
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'll have to check my receipt. She wasn't even going to ring up the magazine when I subscribed and I think she put it on a separate transaction anyway. Will have to know for next time.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Where is this extra credit promo for gamestop detailed?[/QUOTE]Sorry, I can't find the info on the GS website, but there's a promotion for 50% extra trade-in credit this weekend only (7/6-7/8) on any game traded in.

It doesn't really matter, though, because I called a GS in my area and was quoted $12 for the :360: version :)cry:), so it looks like Amazon ($24.30 for both versions) might be the best way to go.

KOA is tempting.

The rest of the coupons have potential. I foresee SFxT dropping to $10 at the end of the month like SSX/SCV.

Tiger Wood's hits $10, I'll def. grab me a copy. But probably won't happen. Then again, fingers crossed :D

And if THAT coupon for $5 off 19.99 or LESS is correct as described and not "or MORE". HUGE POTENTIAL.

My wallet and car keys are indeed on stand-by.

If someone answered my question then I must've missed it. If I go to the store today will they have the magazine (assuming they didn't run out)? I don't want to make the trip for nothing.

I believe that this is their July/August issue and nothing comes out next month (since they do 10 issues a year), can anyone else confirm this?

I'm just happy for another $10 game. Yeah, I'll prolly play this KoA:R for 30 mins and never touch it again, but its the point that matters. I can't recall a month were at least one coupon wasn't used. I get really excited for these @gamer deals, and they've been phenomenal.

[quote name='ooga']If someone answered my question then I must've missed it. If I go to the store today will they have the magazine (assuming they didn't run out)? I don't want to make the trip for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Old coupons are good until 7/14. New coupons are not valid until 7/15. Most likely they will not have the new magazines out yet.... sometimes they may put them out early but that is YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HDShadow']BLAHHH. I bought KoA a week ago for $23 after the used coupon. Has anyone had experience on what I can do? Would they let me get a discount? I opened it, didn't use it yet. I figure it's used so I can return it, but I don't know.[/QUOTE]

No return if openned. You could go trade it in for about 25 and get your money back.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Why is that? Assuming you won't be going a great deal out of your way it makes total sense to do it if you ask me. I'm no flipper but this is one of those deals that when it falls in your lap you should take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]
Except that I think KoA was one of the games(along with Skyrim and some other titles) that I picked up at MSRP of $59.99 back in March when I got the banned notice when trying to trade in some games. I wanted to burn through my remaining credit as quickly as possible and be 'done' with BB at that point. So trading my current copy does make no sense, since I'm already in it for $60.

That is, unless BB would lemme use my old receipt and return the $59.99 copy I bought. But that purchase was made before I even got the notice that I had somehow been bumped to RZ Silver and even that's only another 15 days on the usual 30 day return window.

Tiger Woods will hit $10 for sure. EA is probably letting them blow it out instead of eating a stock return. They've already done it to SSX and Madden.

[quote name='Havok83']You'll get your first issue in the mail 6-8 weeks after signing up. They'll give you whatever issue is in the store at the time and right now it most likely is still the old one so dont sign up this weekend

Haha, same here. After learning my lesson from UMvC3, I wasnt buying SFxTk till it was $30 or below. Will definetly get it at $20, but holding out till the last week of this promo, hoping it goes on sale. Can you imagine it for $10? Thats what Im waiting on[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This puts me in a bit of a tough spot. Nearest BB is an hour away from me but it's close to my gf who I'm visiting tomorrow. Can't make it out next weekend cause of a grad party and the weekend after is a friend's 21st...guess I'll have to make the trip one night after work. Any way I can do an in-store pickup at BB and then use the coupon afterwards? Might be my best shot to get Amalur.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just buy it today. You have 30 days to PM the coupon. I am going to do this for sure.[/QUOTE]

Good call! They only had 4 left for PS3.

[quote name='@FIF']Tiger Woods will hit $10 for sure. EA is probably letting them blow them out instead of eating a stok return. They've already done it to SSX and Madded.[/QUOTE]
On a somewhat related note the BBY in Mt Juilet TN had Madden on clearence for 20 today along with some other random stuff. I'm sure its ymmv.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that I think KoA was one of the games(along with Skyrim and some other titles) that I picked up at MSRP of $59.99 back in March when I got the banned notice when trying to trade in some games. I wanted to burn through my remaining credit as quickly as possible and be 'done' with BB at that point. So trading my current copy does make no sense, since I'm already in it for $60. [/QUOTE]

That makes NO sense. Regardless of the cost of your KoA, you WILL profit $14 by trading it in.... you trade it in for $25.20 (after 100% and GCU) and rebuy for $9.99 plus tax... brings down your $60 cost to $46. Again assuming you're not spending a lot on gas, it's a NO BRAINER.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Thanks. This puts me in a bit of a tough spot. Nearest BB is an hour away from me but it's close to my gf who I'm visiting tomorrow. Can't make it out next weekend cause of a grad party and the weekend after is a friend's 21st...guess I'll have to make the trip one night after work. Any way I can do an in-store pickup at BB and then use the coupon afterwards? Might be my best shot to get Amalur.[/QUOTE]
You cant use the coupon on an online order. If you are really worried about them running out of stock, you can do the in store pick up and do a return and repurchase using the coupon at customer service when you go to get it

Kingdoms of Amalur for $10!? Yes please. I might have my save file on my PS3. Fair warning, this game is pretty easy on normal. I'd suggest playing it on hard if you want a challenge.

In for KOA. Sold my release copy a while back and hasn't gotten to finish it.

Will also pick up a woods golf if it goes on sale for 10$.

I just never could get into Tiger Woods (the game that is...) - I had friends who played them for hours and hours upon end. Just didn't click with me, but if it actually does go on sale, I might give it another try.

[quote name='Havok83']You cant use the coupon on an online order. If you are really worried about them running out of stock, you can do the in store pick up and do a return and repurchase using the coupon at customer service when you go to get it[/QUOTE]

Yeah I might just do that after the 15th. It's a pain cause the nearest BB's are over an hour from me so I try to plan trips there efficiently.

[quote name='joker______']awesome, i knew holding out would pay off for KoA...thanks OP[/QUOTE]

aside from the fact that the sales of the game were bad enough and their will not be a second game in the series now

[quote name='cheapfrag']Old coupons are good until 7/14. New coupons are not valid until 7/15. Most likely they will not have the new magazines out yet.... sometimes they may put them out early but that is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

so no point in trying to get KOA this weekend then?

I signed up for my @Gamer mag about 5 weeks ago, does anyone know how long the mag takes to arrive home? Also, is there a way I could get my coupons online and just print them?

[quote name='brauma']This is a little disappointing tbqh. I'm sure there'll be a deal on SFvT but after last months $25 for SSX/SCV/DA2/DW combined, this just feels weak.[/QUOTE]
last months game were crappy games though.

[quote name='shieryda']Hoping Amazon pms some of these deals (especially KoA). That way, I won't have to drive to BB in this godforsaken heat.[/QUOTE]
I may be wrong but I don't think Amazon has EVER pm a gamer coupon.

[quote name='Woocls']I may be wrong but I don't think Amazon has EVER pm a gamer coupon.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. Just wishful thinking.

Does anyone know if you can use RZ coupons for the single issue of the magazine in-store? Not sure why you couldn't, but I'm just curious.

I've already beaten KoA but I'd love to get it again for free if it goes on sale. I'm also interested in TERA, I've heard good things but $30 is still too much for me. If it goes on sale I'll pick it up for $10.

[quote name='shieryda']You're probably right. Just wishful thinking.

Does anyone know if you can use RZ coupons for the single issue of the magazine in-store? Not sure why you couldn't, but I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's just not in their best interest to PM a paid coupon deal (but I hear they pm paid discount clubs like Sam's so who knows....)

[quote name='sninh']since this month's coupons go for two months i think i'll wait for a sale to use the koa coupon[/QUOTE]
Hopefully if it does go on sale you'll still be able to find a copy at Best Buy. Personally, I just got back from a trip to pick it up because I don't expect them to have any copies of it ten days from now, let alone a month and ten days from now.

Now SFxT and Tiger Woods, if those never go on sale I won't be too disappointed. However, I'll gladly pick them up at the magic $5-10 mark.

[quote name='Havok83']You cant use the coupon on an online order. If you are really worried about them running out of stock, you can do the in store pick up and do a return and repurchase using the coupon at customer service when you go to get it[/QUOTE]

Not in the same trip you can't. When you pick up an instore order you can't do any return/pm on that item for an hour or so. Its a quirk of their computer system.

[quote name='akir']last months game were crappy games though.[/QUOTE]

I bought SSX, DA2 and SCV. So far I've only played SSX and it has been easily worth $20 of fun.

In for 2 copies of KoA, if I can use the coupon twice. I've been wanting one and I know someone it would make a great gift for. Too bad my 'local' BB is 50 miles away.

Looks like I'll be trading in KoA before the 110% promo ends tomorrow ($12 before, $24 after or $25.20 with GZU). I'm assuming the DLC is in all new copies, not just as a preorder bonus.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Looks like I'll be trading in KoA before the 110% promo ends tomorrow ($12 before, $24 after or $25.20 with GZU). I'm assuming the DLC is in all new copies, not just as a preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

The 110% off ends tomorrow right? But tomorrow, you can still go into the story and get the 110% until the end of day, right?

bread's done
Back