BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I wish I lived near a BB. Last month's SSX, SCV and Deadliest Warrior were awesome deals, and KoA would be great at $10. The >45 minute drive isn't worth it though.

KOA is a very fun game, shame there won't be a sequel. I'd definitely consider buying it back for $10 to play again sometime and take a stab at the DLC I never had a chance to get into.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Definitely in for Amalur.

However, I am wondering what the missing coupon is... Assuming there will be the normal quantity of 8.[/QUOTE]

$50 off Turtle beach px3

[quote name='FFWRX']Wow really? I got the magazine on the spot, and got the next one free in the store. I just hope I get this months before the 15th. There are only a few copies of KOA in my store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after signing up I asked the girl if I should get the magazine because I knew a few friends who signed up for GCU and got that month's copy for free. She said, "No, you'd have to buy a copy, there's really no way that I could do that."

Now I know that wasn't true, but I didn't really feel like causing a scene because maybe she really didn't know. I went to use my coupons from the one I bought that day for SSX and DA2 and she couldn't get them to work so she called over the manager to show him that they weren't working.

First thing he said, before looking at anything, was "Usually when this happens the games that they are getting aren't a part of the promotion."

Again, knew this wasn't the case, and when he got there he just saw that she didn't hit a button or something. He asked if I was GCU for some reason, I told him I just signed up and bought the magazine, again telling him I thought it was included with the registration like it was for other people and how it is when signing up at GS. he flat out told me "We're not Gamestop, these are much different programs. You'll get future issues in the mail but you have to buy the current issue."

Again, didn't feel like making a scene at the store and the guy seemed pretty upset for some reason so I just paid the extra $5.

$40 for SF Vs Tekken AFTER COUPON? How lame. It's $40.00 at Wal-Mart, though they claim they can match any price from any competitor so maybe I can get it for $20.00.

[quote name='Japanaman']$40 for SF Vs Tekken AFTER COUPON? How lame. It's $40.00 at Wal-Mart, though they claim they can match any price from any competitor so maybe I can get it for $20.00.[/QUOTE]
I thought the universal price for SFxTK was $40 now. Just looked on BB and shocked to see it $60. Did they raise the price?

Good luck trying to PM for $20. Thats YMMV bc generally you either take the PM price or whatever promo they are doing. BB doesnt stack as thats double dipping

Is the magazine in the store already? My store always runs out of them by the time I learn about these deals.

They probably will have a week when SFxTK will go on sale, then use the coupon to get it down to 20. As of right now, save it until it goes on sale.

[quote name='TheRyno665']Even with an additional $5 for getting the magazine, that's still a great price for KoA.[/QUOTE]You should subscribe unless it's a far distance to get to BB there's hasn't been a reason not to be a subscriber for over a year now. Most people are enjoying this yr for free from the upgrade coupon. Hopefully, the coupons will be able to be used online
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/283/page/5

[quote name='weeman43302']Damn I wish I lived near a BB. Last month's SSX, SCV and Deadliest Warrior were awesome deals, and KoA would be great at $10. The >45 minute drive isn't worth it though.[/QUOTE]^^^you should vote in the above link then to avoid the drive.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Yeah, after signing up I asked the girl if I should get the magazine because I knew a few friends who signed up for GCU and got that month's copy for free. She said, "No, you'd have to buy a copy, there's really no way that I could do that."

Again, knew this wasn't the case, and when he got there he just saw that she didn't hit a button or something. He asked if I was GCU for some reason, I told him I just signed up and bought the magazine, again telling him I thought it was included with the registration like it was for other people and how it is when signing up at GS. he flat out told me "We're not Gamestop, these are much different programs. You'll get future issues in the mail but you have to buy the current issue."[/QUOTE]Your main mistake was asking the pc should automatically zero out the the $5 mag cost when the barcode for the subscription is totaled. Once that happens it's pretty hard from them to say "it doesn't come with the sub"

[quote name='eugaet']I'm in for $10 KoA. Guess I need to go ahead and subscribe.[/QUOTE]yeah, you should LOL

[quote name='Kenshindono']Is there any way to use a coupon twice or get two coppies? I havent got the new magazine yet, but i would love to get both the PS3 and 360 version of KOA if i could. Im assuming photocopies dont work? Are the new mags even in the store yet? Im in there a lot, so i may be able to talk one of the guys to scanning it in the mag for me.. not sure. I had it happen once when i didn't have my mag on me. But if not, im wondering if theres any regular way of using a coupon twice. Im pretty sure its 1 scan one use, but that makes me wonder what the El Hordo's do

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]
It's usually a one and done type of deal on the coupons, so unless you get a lenient cashier who's willing to scan the coupon twice then you'll have to buy a second issue of the magazine to get another copy of the magazine.

That's what I did when I was buying multiples of some games with the coupons and being an El Hoardo. But that's because I want these deals to continue and not be limited due to the coupon fraud that's been going on with this program.

As for me, I'm debating if I wanna unload my copy of KoA this week for $25 n change after the 100% bonus and grab it again within the next month or so with the coupon for $10.:lol: It kinda makes no sense to do so, but otherwise I don't see myself using a single coupon this month besides maybe the $5 off a pre-owned title one. But at least I'll hopefully get another code for the DLC by buying a new copy and I can add that to my DLC trade list at least.;)

Yea, i've been waiting for KOA to go on sale for a good deal, and this is FAR better a deal than i was expecting! Now I just need to be sure which system I want it on...
did this game get better reviews on the PC? And if so, could we even use this on a PC copy, or is it only 360/PS3? I've seen the question asked about 3 times in here with no answer thus far.

Thanks for posting these!

[quote name='therealdanhill']uh... 40 bucks for tekken x sf? how is that a deal?[/QUOTE]

Someone's new here...

You wait for the game to go on sale because these coupons stack with sale prices.

[quote name='therealdanhill']uh... 40 bucks for tekken x sf? how is that a deal?[/QUOTE]only uninformed shoppers jump on the $40 deal, you wait till the game goes on sale for say $40 then stack the coupon. No different than the current crop of coupons $10 for SCV & SSX, $5 or free copy of deadliest warrior once they went on sale.

[quote name='therealdanhill']uh... 40 bucks for tekken x sf? how is that a deal?[/QUOTE]

You know another version is coming....this is Capcom afterall. So even for $20 I would not pick it up. I'll wait to pick it up when it's released with all the dlc UNLOCKED.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As for me, I'm debating if I wanna unload my copy of KoA this week for $25 n change after the 100% bonus and grab it again within the next month or so with the coupon for $10.:lol: It kinda makes no sense to do so, but otherwise I don't see myself using a single coupon this month besides maybe the $5 off a pre-owned title one. But at least I'll hopefully get another code for the DLC by buying a new copy and I can add that to my DLC trade list at least.;)[/QUOTE]

Why is that? Assuming you won't be going a great deal out of your way it makes total sense to do it if you ask me. I'm no flipper but this is one of those deals that when it falls in your lap you should take advantage of it.

Hoping the KOA coupon is good on the PC version! Also would be great to figure it out before the 14th (DLC is half off at Amazon until then...).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone know if KoA runs better on PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

Metacritic scores for all 3 versions of the game are all either 80 or 81. So it's probably the same platform-wide.

[quote name='Meatyflakes']Hoping the KOA coupon is good on the PC version! Also would be great to figure it out before the 14th (DLC is half off at Amazon until then...).[/QUOTE]

Not likely, I have very rarely seen any of the @gamer coupons work on PC games. They are usually 360 or ps3.

[quote name='ooga']You know another version is coming....this is Capcom afterall. So even for $20 I would not pick it up. I'll wait to pick it up when it's released with all the dlc UNLOCKED.[/QUOTE]

It's not. That's not the agreement with Namco.

Yet again I add a $10 PS3 title (KoA) to my backlog. I swear this is the golden era of the Cheap Ass Gamer.

So these usually aren't valid for PC versions.. Wish amazon had it for closer to $15 instead of $25..

[quote name='ck76']Yet again I add a $10 PS3 title (KoA) to my backlog. I swear this is the golden era of the Cheap Ass Gamer.[/QUOTE]

Same thing will be happening to me, Best Buy is amazing with these deals!

[quote name='elessar123']It's not. That's not the agreement with Namco.[/QUOTE]

The same thing was said about Marvel and MvC3, and look at how that turned out. :roll:

I bought SCV and KOA in march for $25 each and only played a little of SCV. Guess I'll trade KOA it for $25 then get it for $10, that'll be some money coming back to me.

It's not, unless you plan on spending that $20 saved towards unlocking 12 additional fighters that are ALREADY ON THE fuckING GAME DISC :roll:

Plus, you just know a Ultimate/Super/Enhanced/Super Ultra/Mega W/E edition will be announced this fall :lol:

This is a little disappointing tbqh. I'm sure there'll be a deal on SFvT but after last months $25 for SSX/SCV/DA2/DW combined, this just feels weak.

[quote name='chatgirl4']It's not, unless you plan on spending that $20 saved towards unlocking 12 additional fighters that are ALREADY ON THE fuckING GAME DISC :roll:

Plus, you just know a Ultimate/Super/Enhanced/Super Ultra/Mega W/E edition will be announced this fall :lol:[/QUOTE]

It could very likely go on sale later this month, at which point we'll be able to get it for much less than $40.

I'm definitely going to have to buy KoA ahead of time and then do a return/rebuy on the game with the coupon on 07/15. I was already scrambling around trying to find a copy for the upcoming B2G1 sale. Surely there won't be any copies available if I try to wait until the coupons become active.

You know, after seeing every magazine thread turn up a new batch of people wondering whether or not they should subscribe, I think I may add the list of games I picked up with coupons to my signature. :)

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Not likely, I have very rarely seen any of the @gamer coupons work on PC games. They are usually 360 or ps3.[/QUOTE]

Ah damn, now to decide to pick it up for the 360 or hold out for < $10 on PC....

Thanks for the headsup...

[quote name='brauma']This is a little disappointing tbqh. I'm sure there'll be a deal on SFvT but after last months $25 for SSX/SCV/DA2/DW combined, this just feels weak.[/QUOTE]

But SSX and SCV weren't those prices day one. We had to wait on a sale to bring the price down. So, with that logic some of these could go that low by month's end.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Coupons Start 7/15

$20 off Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($40 after Coupon)

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon)

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon)

$30 off Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon)

$30 off TERA for PC ($20 after Coupon)

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked)

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $19.99 or less (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off)

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?[/QUOTE]

7 coupons? Weird.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Darn, guess that means it will be $5 for an in-store issue then. Going to a different BB this time though because when I signed up the girl said GCU didn't come with a free magazine, as did the store's manager so I ended up paying $15 for SSX as well. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

IF you bought a sub in store, all you had to do was let them scan the current mag, it comes out to zero on the recipe w/ the sub. There was no need to ask jack.

Fully expecting Street Fighters vs Tekken to drop to $30 before coupon..

I think I'll be in for Amalur just to see what the fuss is about.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'].As for me, I'm debating if I wanna unload my copy of KoA this week for $25 n change after the 100% bonus and grab it again within the next month or so with the coupon for $10.:lol: It kinda makes no sense to do so, but otherwise I don't see myself using a single coupon this month besides maybe the $5 off a pre-owned title one. But at least I'll hopefully get another code for the DLC by buying a new copy and I can add that to my DLC trade list at least.;)[/QUOTE]

I just got back from Best Buy myself and did exactly what you're thinking about doing. I also picked up another copy of :360:Kingdoms of Amalur and will leave it sealed to do a return/rebuy. At the time of purchase my closest store had 5 Xbox copies and 6 PS3 copies left, didn't see any PC copies anywhere.

I'd advise anyone who wants in on this deal to buy ahead now or hide the game if you can. I haven't spotted any mention of this deal yet over at Slick Deals.

Huh, looks like I'll finally pick up a copy of this worthless mag for some coupons. KoA for sure and I might try Tera at that price.

[quote name='Jodou']Huh, looks like I'll finally pick up a copy of this worthless mag for some coupons. KoA for sure and I might try Tera at that price.[/QUOTE]

How is it worthless when you are planning on using the coupons?

[quote name='Jodou']Huh, looks like I'll finally pick up a copy of this worthless mag for some coupons. KoA for sure and I might try Tera at that price.[/QUOTE]

BRB Batman: Arkham City $9.99
BRB Bulletstorm $4.99
BRB Homefront $1.79
BRB SSX $9.99
BRB Soul Calibur V $9.99
BRB Kingdoms of Amalaur: Recokning $9.99
BRB Buy 2G1F coupons

Dude, totally worthless...

Anyways, I absolutely loved KoA and it's a shame how it all went down on the business end. Maybe if enough people pick this up someone somewhere can talk about a sequel!

bread's done
Back