BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StealOfADeal']Wish I was home, out of town and have 5 games I'd like to trade before tomorrow. Damn shame.[/QUOTE]

Give me your address and alarm code. I will break in and trade the games for you.
You're welcome. ;)

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']How is it worthless when you are planning on using the coupons?[/QUOTE]
Well for one I plan on tossing the mag soon as I have the coupons, but the main reason being since its inception I've yet to use a coupon from them. People seem to measure the value of the sub on the coupons, when in reality they should be paying for the editorials. Pretty funny how they don't realize they're paying for a piss-poor coupon subscription.

[quote name='Jodou']Well for one I plan on tossing the mag soon as I have the coupons, but the main reason being since its inception I've yet to use a coupon from them. People seem to measure the value of the sub on the coupons, when in reality they should be paying for the editorials. Pretty funny how they don't realize they're paying for a piss-poor coupon subscription.[/QUOTE]

This may be the single dumbest thing written about the @Gamer magazine.

[quote name='Jodou']Well for one I plan on tossing the mag soon as I have the coupons, but the main reason being since its inception I've yet to use a coupon from them. People seem to measure the value of the sub on the coupons, when in reality they should be paying for the editorials. Pretty funny how they don't realize they're paying for a piss-poor coupon subscription.[/QUOTE]
If you use 1 $20 off coupon a YEAR you're getting better than your money's worth. I don't see how you can call it a "piss-poor coupon sub"? I guess it's not your thing which is fine... We all are aware it's a coupon subscription, thus are value of the magazine is directly based on the coupons. The articles are like articles in playboy... extra fluff to make us feel better about our purchase.

[quote name='cancerman1120']This may be the single dumbest thing written about the @Gamer magazine.[/QUOTE]
Maybe, but I doubt it tops what is written in @Gamer.[quote name='Woocls']If you use 1 $20 off coupon a YEAR you're getting better than your money's worth.[/QUOTE]
To be clear, I don't have a sub.

[quote name='Jodou']Maybe, but I doubt it tops what is written in @Gamer.
To be clear, I don't have a sub.[/QUOTE]

So if it was simply a coupon subscription would you subscribe? Unless you have a friend who works at BB providing you coupons or you just don't play many games, there's no reason not to take advantage of it. Being promoted as a magazine should not be a factor at all to a CAG.

[quote name='Woocls']The articles are like articles in playboy... extra fluff to make us feel better about our purchase.[/QUOTE]

Like Playboy, he buys the @Gamer magazine for the articles. :lol:

[quote name='cancerman1120']This may be the single dumbest thing written about the @Gamer magazine.[/QUOTE]

Yes. That comment you quoted is without a doubt the dumbest thing ever written about that magazine.

[quote name='TheBomb69']Anyone think Tera is worth it?[/QUOTE]
Loved it but I would wait for the eventual sale that will happen in the next 2 months. You'll more than likely be able to pick this one up for ~$10. It feels very F2P but the combat is well worth the monthly sub. It's like an MMO version of an action-RPG.

Beyond the coupons, it provides the extra 10% TIV also. I have easily traded in $1000 in games this past year and that equals an extra $100 in credit. You make your money back by trading or buying $150 in used games a year. Any argument against this program is just blowing hot air for the sake of blowing hot air.

+1

Anyone who thinks the coupons have been "piss-poor" isn't worth paying attention to.

Best Buy has been killing it this year with coupons stacking on top of sales.

I actually don't find the magazine itself any worse than any other gaming magazine out there. The articles are a little shallow, but they pack a ton of info in there and it makes for an interesting read. I've singled handedly built a great PS3 backlog since the March issue while spending less than $100 dollars:

Subscription: $15
Batman AC: $10
Bulletstorm: $5
Rage: $5
Homefront: $1
Assassin's Creed: R: $10
Resistance 3: $10
SSX: $10
SCV: $10
Deadliest Warrior: $5

Total: $81

Add KoA: $91

That's five issues that would have cost me $25 individually, so the subscription saves me $10 bucks SO FAR. I still have over half a year of coupons to go.

I guess to some people the coupons aren't worth it, but for me this has been great. A year of deals I don't have to worry about lucking out for or tracking down.

Looking forward to KOA... I got my subscription for free and I used a good amount of them coupons and articles weren't that bad... I will probably renew it.

The subscription pays for itself just by coupons alone, or the trade in bonus alone, and the welcome coupon allowed me to get ME3 and SR3 for $17 each.

I think people are FULLY aware what they are paying for. Im sure at least 90% of people who got the mag got it so they could save money at BB. I subscribed to become a Gamers Unlocked memebr so I could get a $20 giftcard with my ME3 preorder and that will apply to some of my future preorders (I know AC3 is one of the promo games). Since then Ive enjoyed 10% extra trade in bonuses and great coupons, which have netted me games at very remarkable prices. I really could care less for the mag, but its value has really benefited me since subscribing back in Feb

I've saved a ton money on the coupons, and the magazine makes a great read while on the toilet.

I'll be in for KoA (yet another game in my backlog) and possibly SFxT if it drops to $10 like SSX and SC-V did last month.

Not a member yet. Recently joined CAG after being a lurker for quite some time. I work pretty close to a Best Buy, so when do you guys think the best time would be to pay the $15 sub fee so I can get the coupon to get KoA for $10? I'm currently a member of the free rewards program, so is there anything I should know? Thanks in advance guys :D

[quote name='InfiniteElement']Not a member yet. Recently joined CAG after being a lurker for quite some time. I work pretty close to a Best Buy, so when do you guys think the best time would be to pay the $15 sub fee so I can get the coupon to get KoA for $10? I'm currently a member of the free rewards program, so is there anything I should know? Thanks in advance guys :D[/QUOTE]

Wait until the store has the new mag out and sign up for it so they give you the mag for free in-store.

[quote name='Woocls']Loved it but I would wait for the eventual sale that will happen in the next 2 months. You'll more than likely be able to pick this one up for ~$10. It feels very F2P but the combat is well worth the monthly sub. It's like an MMO version of an action-RPG.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='InfiniteElement']when do you guys think the best time would be to pay the $15 sub fee so I can get the coupon to get KoA for $10?[/QUOTE]

Pay when the new issues are in-store so you can get that month's issue and use the coupon (they're supposed to give you the current issue free when you sign up).

[quote name='Scorch']Pay when the new issues are in-store so you can get that month's issue and use the coupon (they're supposed to give you the current issue free when you sign up).[/QUOTE]

Do the new issues typically arrive in the middle of the month (in store)?

[quote name='shieryda']Do tell.[/QUOTE]
Back in February, Best Buy had a deal where you could get a free subscription to Gamer's Club Unlocked if you bought any preowned game priced at $29.99 or higher.

Hmm...I'm trying to think of a triplet of games to get via in-store pickup for the $10 code and I can't really think of anything. I want to get Pokemon Conquest but I'm at a loss as to what the other two should be. I'd prefer games with unlikely-to-lower prices (e.g., first-party titles).

[quote name='InfiniteElement']Do the new issues typically arrive in the middle of the month (in store)?[/QUOTE]

New copies arrive whenever the coupons from the previous magazine expire, which is 7/14/2012 for these last coupons which means the new magazine should be available on the 15th.

Agreed :applause:

[quote name='windsmere']But SSX and SCV weren't those prices day one. We had to wait on a sale to bring the price down. So, with that logic some of these could go that low by month's end.[/QUOTE]

My point is the selection is mediocre. At most I'll pick up 3 games from the coupons.

[quote name='brauma']My point is the selection is mediocre. At most I'll pick up 3 games from the coupons.[/QUOTE]

3 games is mediocre?

someone is spoiled.

[quote name='confoosious']3 games is mediocre?

someone is spoiled.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I personally think that even if you only pick up three games you are getting your value back from the sub, especially if you were able to get it for free with the purchase of a pre-owned game $29.99 and up. Alone last month I picked up 3 games using the @Gamer coupon..

I just re-subbed last month and I definitely believe that I got my money worth from this magazine for this years subscription.

Also just got back from Best Buy, they had a few copies of KoA in stock, but just to play it safe I bought it for $39.99 and will price adjust it once my magazine comes in the mail.

I just think the complaints are a people who have a disconnect in the value of the coupons . If you put no value on the coupons to begin with then paying for them seems stupid. The reality of the coupons is that paying for them is what allows them to exist in the first place. These are not "advertisements" like the $1 coupons in the Sunday paper. The fact they stack with sales is proof they are meant to be an added benefit.

[quote name='MochaRaf']I just re-subbed last month and I definitely believe that I got my money worth from this magazine for this years subscription.[/QUOTE]This whole year is gravy for alot of us who jumped on subs last year & got the free yr coupon.

[quote name='InfiniteElement']Not a member yet. Recently joined CAG after being a lurker for quite some time. I work pretty close to a Best Buy, so when do you guys think the best time would be to pay the $15 sub fee so I can get the coupon to get KoA for $10? I'm currently a member of the free rewards program, so is there anything I should know? Thanks in advance guys :D[/QUOTE]read this OP it'll answer alot of ?'s
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226

[quote name='shieryda']Does anyone know if you can use RZ coupons for the single issue of the magazine in-store? Not sure why you couldn't, but I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]RZ certs are considered "payment" just like cash so yes.

[quote name='shieryda']Hoping Amazon pms some of these deals (especially KoA). That way, I won't have to drive to BB in this godforsaken heat.[/QUOTE]That doesn't happen since AMZ isn't adding a $5/$15 charge to the games.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I just think the complaints are a people who have a disconnect in the value of the coupons . If you put no value on the coupons to begin with then paying for them seems stupid. The reality of the coupons is that paying for them is what allows them to exist in the first place. These are not "advertisements" like the $1 coupons in the Sunday paper. The fact they stack with sales is proof they are meant to be an added benefit.[/QUOTE]

Christ you sure are defending these coupons tooth and nail.

Kingdoms of Amalur is the only game I'm interested in. I need to sign up. Since the 87th Dan Ryan BB shut down, I haven't been to a BB in a while.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Lol. I personally think that even if you only pick up three games you are getting your value back from the sub, especially now that you can get it for free with the purchase of a pre-owned game $29.99 and up. Alone last month I picked up 3 games using the @Gamer coupon..[/QUOTE]
I'll remove the link from my earlier post and replace it to avoid confusion, but to be clear that thread was from 5 months ago.

You do not currently get a free subscription to @Gamer with a preowned game purchase.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Christ you sure are defending these coupons tooth and nail.[/QUOTE]

I am not defending anything. Some people are saying they are worthless. I am pointing out they are wrong. The coupons don't need to be defended.

Edit: Oh I forgot you were the person that said the coupons were "crappy"...should have known.

I'd sure like to know where exactly are you guys finding games for $5-$15 of the same quality that BB is providing at the same point in the games lifecycle? I've yet to see AMZ/Newegg or whoever have ME2 for $5, B:AC for $10, FF XIII-2 for $15, SSX or SCV for $10 BEFORE BB unless you guys posted the deals an I along with all the other CAG's missed them. If you don't like their deals on the same games POST A BETTER DEAL even factor in the $5.

[quote name='Jodou']Well for one I plan on tossing the mag soon as I have the coupons, but the main reason being since its inception I've yet to use a coupon from them. People seem to measure the value of the sub on the coupons, when in reality they should be paying for the editorials. Pretty funny how they don't realize they're paying for a piss-poor coupon subscription.[/QUOTE]^^^ Please show us this mystery coupon subscription(that isn't piss poor) that has eluded CAG for so long that way we can stop getting cheap games @ BB & go elsewhere.

[quote name='brauma']My point is the selection is mediocre. At most I'll pick up 3 games from the coupons.[/QUOTE]3 out of 8 coupons is 37% this isn't a personalized coupon set just for you with 8 coupons made to your gaming taste so it's not going to be perfect every month.

[quote name='Skydude']Not at ALL interested in most of those...but $10 for KoA is pretty great, and $5 off a $20 or less preowned game? I'm sure there's something cheap that will be worthwhile slightly cheaper. Decent coupons overall. I'm happy with the @gamer thing...having to pay for the coupons is annoying, but they *do* seem to be better than the free coupons (usually) were.[/QUOTE]Well would be it be more annoying if they stopped allowing the coupons to stack & then your stuck with $10-$20 off the $60 prices instead.

Not directed at any of u 3 but all I remember seeing was ppl complaining that it was so stupid that you couldn't stack the coupons since it would make the deals so much better. Now they've done just that & added top notch titles to the mix & ppl still complain even though there's NO BETTER game deals ANYWHERE.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Christ you sure are defending these coupons tooth and nail.[/QUOTE]

If you would just think a little more before posting, then nobody would need to correct you.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'll remove the link from my earlier post and replace it to avoid confusion, but to be clear that thread was from 5 months ago.

You do not currently get a free subscription to @Gamer with a preowned game purchase.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I just saw the posts and not the dates. I also fixed my original post to avoid any further confusion, thank you for pointing that out to me.

megaman and pacman are free to dl right now on psn if u plan on picking up sf vs tekken.
i hear/read that there are a bunch of dlc characters locked on disc and that u have to pay to unlock them but the only characters available on psn are the free megaman/pacman. everything else is costume swaps/gems...where are these mystery characters?

anyone think there will be a PH version of KoA with all dlc? I might just get this to gift along with a bunch of other cheap games I;ve gotten with coupons.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone think there will be a PH version of KoA with all dlc? I might just get this to gift along with a bunch of other cheap games I;ve gotten with coupons.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful considering what happened to 38 studios

bread's done
Back