BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirtyBill']Can you use a coupon for multiple games? For example, can I buy 2 or 3 copies of KOA?[/QUOTE]
YMMV, but usually no. It says right on the coupon that can only be used once on an item. If you want multiples, get another copy of the magazine.

Is there any way to use a coupon twice or get two coppies? I havent got the new magazine yet, but i would love to get both the PS3 and 360 version of KOA if i could. Im assuming photocopies dont work? Are the new mags even in the store yet? Im in there a lot, so i may be able to talk one of the guys to scanning it in the mag for me.. not sure. I had it happen once when i didn't have my mag on me. But if not, im wondering if theres any regular way of using a coupon twice. Im pretty sure its 1 scan one use, but that makes me wonder what the El Hordo's do

^_^x KD

[quote name='coolrust']is that the new regular price for koa?[/QUOTE]MSRP drop to $40

[quote name='Kenshindono']Is there any way to use a coupon twice or get two coppies? I havent got the new magazine yet, but i would love to get both the PS3 and 360 version of KOA if i could. Im assuming photocopies dont work? Are the new mags even in the store yet? Im in there a lot, so i may be able to talk one of the guys to scanning it in the mag for me.. not sure. I had it happen once when i didn't have my mag on me. But if not, im wondering if theres any regular way of using a coupon twice. Im pretty sure its 1 scan one use, but that makes me wonder what the El Hordo's do

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]The system as of yet hasn't been changed so the coupon can just be scanned again but YMMV.

Definitely in for Amalur.

However, I am wondering what the missing coupon is... Assuming there will be the normal quantity of 8.

That's really good for KoA, will probably pick that up (is it also valid on the PC version?). I actually wouldn't be surprised if Tera Online dropped in price further during this month as well, it went on sale for $30 or thereabouts shortly after release so I could see it dipping down quite a bit while the coupon is active (and if it drops to $30 MSRP or less...we just might end up with another Deadliest Warrior on our hands!)

[quote name='Enuf']

The system as of yet hasn't been changed so the coupon can just be scanned again but YMMV.[/QUOTE]

hmm thats good to know. Hopefully one of the mellow guys is there. Are the magazines in the store yet? I havent got mine yet.

So basically i can get them to just scan a coupon in store twice if theyre already there and theyre cool about it? Im assuming thats the only way

[quote name='matrix9280']Price drop must be coming soon for Kingdoms of Amalur. I will wait.[/QUOTE]

really? for

[quote name='Lyricsborn']crappy coupons are crappy[/QUOTE]

For sure. This month is a bummer. After last month's deals, only 3 "new" games for $10-15 range? I'm in for a KoA, but this month gives me a :cry:.

Damn, some people are spoiled. I remember back in the day when CAGs had to jump through god damn hoops to get a decent deal, now Best Buy practically sends $10 games to your door each month and people are crying about how the deals suck, etc. ... babies

And of course my issue hasnt come in the mail. Id try to use the SFxTK coupon with next week's B2G1 sale

ETA: Scratch that, I see it begins the 15th

Excellent. I've had my eye on KoA since day one. I liked the demo. I leave for FL vacation on 7/16 so I'll have to make some time to go on the 15th.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='etcrane']Damn, some people are spoiled. I remember back in the day when CAGs had to jump through god damn hoops to get a decent deal, now Best Buy practically sends $10 games to your door each month and people are crying about how the deals suck, etc. ... babies[/QUOTE]

I assume your refering to my post. Personally I find no use of these coupons and do not see the need to shell out $10 for a game that is of no interest to me. I see your opinions differ but you dont see me criticing your choices.

Huh. I get back from a work trip the 20th, and leave before I'll get my mag, I imagine. I hope there are still copies of Amalur left for me to grab when I get home.

Or maybe I'll have to suck it up and pay the $5 for the mag again while I'm on travel. $15 is better than not picking it up at all. I wonder if we'll see a price drop for the DLC on XBL anytime soon...

Great deal on Amalur. If I sign up for Unlocked this weekend, how long should the first issue take to arrive at my house or would I get it upon signing up in store?

Damn, just traded Dragon's Dogma for Kingdoms of Amalur last month

Oh well... wasn't going to play Dragon's Dogma again anyways.

Nice, definitely want Tiger Woods and SFxT. Hopefully some good prices come up for them during the coupons lifespan.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Great deal on Amalur. If I sign up for Unlocked this weekend, how long should the first issue take to arrive at my house or would I get it upon signing up in store?[/QUOTE]You'll get your first issue in the mail 6-8 weeks after signing up. They'll give you whatever issue is in the store at the time and right now it most likely is still the old one so dont sign up this weekend

[quote name='PDJ']Nice, definitely want Tiger Woods and SFxT. Hopefully some good prices come up for them during the coupons lifespan.[/QUOTE]
Haha, same here. After learning my lesson from UMvC3, I wasnt buying SFxTk till it was $30 or below. Will definetly get it at $20, but holding out till the last week of this promo, hoping it goes on sale. Can you imagine it for $10? Thats what Im waiting on

[quote name='etcrane']Damn, some people are spoiled. I remember back in the day when CAGs had to jump through god damn hoops to get a decent deal, now Best Buy practically sends $10 games to your door each month and people are crying about how the deals suck, etc. ... babies[/QUOTE]

It truly makes me wonder about some people.

I checked my receipt and it says that I did get the physical copy of the mag. Now I should get my issue this month, cause I signed up in the middle of May and the coupons don't start till July 15th. That's more than 4-6 weeks.

I really want KoA and SFxTK.

If you don't have to play Kingdoms of Amalur the moment you buy it, I'd recommend leaving it wrapped to see if it goes on sale later on during the month. More than likely it won't go lower than $10 but as we saw with the one day glitch of Deadliest Warrior being free anything's possible.

If you want it on computer, wait for the Steam Summer sale as all other versions (disc, digital downloads) require Origin. See my signature for the Digital Foundry's tech analysis of all three platforms, but in summary it's PC>Xbox 360>Playstation 3.

I'm considering buying Fable 3, I've heard it's super easy and linear but it still somewhat appealing to me.

I would have considered TERA had I not already paid off Guild Wars 2, which gets released on August 22. That will probably take up all my PC gaming time.

Thanks for the post OP, looks like another decent batch of coupons.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lyricsborn']crappy coupons are crappy[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I assume your refering to my post. Personally I find no use of these coupons and do not see the need to shell out $10 for a game that is of no interest to me. I see your opinions differ but you dont see me criticing your choices.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between your personal opinion and the actual worth if the coupon. You make a random 4 word statement that these are "crappy" coupons without any further explanation. $30 off any game is surely NOT crappy nor is $5 off any used game below $20. When someone calls you spoiled you act like you gave some sort of educated opinion when really you are just upset because you have no interest in the games. The world does not revolved around you. I was not on this site calling the SSX and SCV coupons crappy because they did not interest me because I realise $10 games are a great value for those interested.

Oh Sh*t!. Trade in Value for KOA is $12 @Best Buy right now. With the 100% trade in bonus that's $24. If you already have the game (like I do), I'd recommend trading it in now before the bonus expires tomorrow. You'll essentially be ahead $14 less taxes and fuel costs.

If you are concerned that either the game will go out of stock or your mag will not arrive on time I would suggest buying the game right now. Once you have your coupon it is easy to do a return and rebuy as long as you are within the 30-60 day PM window. They did this exact thing for the MP3 coupon. Not trying to start a mad rush to buy this early but just a suggestion to those concerned.

Hopefully they run a sale on TW 13 or I may end up not using a single coupon from this batch. Maybe the $5 off used. Can't play KoA as it's 1st person.

[quote name='BrokeAssFool']Hopefully they run a sale on TW 13 or I may end up not using a single coupon from this batch. Maybe the $5 off used. Can't play KoA as it's 1st person.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. 3rd person action RPG.

[quote name='BrokeAssFool']Shows what I get for reading IGN.[/QUOTE]

Yeah one of the best parts is the 3rd person combat. Its much more satisfying than Skyrim's combat. It has other issues but how it plays is not one of them. :D

Damn, if I had known this sooner, I would've picked up a copy of the mag yesterday while getting my new video card.

Even with an additional $5 for getting the magazine, that's still a great price for KoA.

[quote name='TheRyno665']Damn, if I had known this sooner, I would've picked up a copy of the mag yesterday while getting my new video card.

Even with an additional $5 for getting the magazine, that's still a great price for KoA.[/QUOTE]

The mag should not be on shelves till 7/15 so you are all good.

KOA for me and Ill wait for the evenetual sale for SFxT. I called that shit, so props to me. Hoepfully it goes on sale, cause I wont pay more than 15 for it.

Awesome! I'll be picking up Kingdoms of Amalur for sure. I owned it once, but traded it off for a good deal before I played it. But for $10, I'll definitely get it again and keep it this time!

In for SFvT $10, if it only goes to $20 then no go. Seen it at that. When the DLC characters come out I expect $15-20, and I don't want to be into this game more than $20-30 net.

Submitted my trade-in for my current copy of KoA to amazon. Now, I just need to find a spare copy of the box art - cause like hell am I going to send them my copy with Schilling & Salvatore autographs on it.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Submitted my trade-in for my current copy of KoA to amazon. Now, I just need to find a spare copy of the box art - cause like hell am I going to send them my copy with Schilling & Salvatore autographs on it.[/QUOTE]

Funniest thing I've heard all morning. Getting them to sign the cover of that game is like getting James Cameron to sign the script of True Lies.

Man, hoping that my magazine gets here soon. I signed up last week in store, is there a chance that it will get here soon or will I have to try and go in store to get one? Not great coupons overall, but that $10 KoA is perfect for me!

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Man, hoping that my magazine gets here soon. I signed up last week in store, is there a chance that it will get here soon or will I have to try and go in store to get one? Not great coupons overall, but that $10 KoA is perfect for me![/QUOTE]

You are not getting one this month if you signed up last week

[quote name='jacknicklson']You are not getting one this month if you signed up last week[/QUOTE]

Darn, guess that means it will be $5 for an in-store issue then. Going to a different BB this time though because when I signed up the girl said GCU didn't come with a free magazine, as did the store's manager so I ended up paying $15 for SSX as well. Oh well.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Darn, guess that means it will be $5 for an in-store issue then. Going to a different BB this time though because when I signed up the girl said GCU didn't come with a free magazine, as did the store's manager so I ended up paying $15 for SSX as well. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? I got the magazine on the spot, and got the next one free in the store. I just hope I get this months before the 15th. There are only a few copies of KOA in my store.

[quote name='FFWRX']Wow really? I got the magazine on the spot, and got the next one free in the store. I just hope I get this months before the 15th. There are only a few copies of KOA in my store.[/QUOTE]

Just buy it today. You have 30 days to PM the coupon. I am going to do this for sure.

bread's done
Back