BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't usually play RPG and not a big fan of most of them but KoA is tempting to have since the reviews are so good for it. However do you think it'll go on sale? To like $35 or one can wish to a $30 price range? lol. I doubt it'll be on sale but don't know if i should hold out until the end of the month or something.

[quote name='shiny_dante']so can I buy KoA this week with the B2G1 free sale, and then price match it next week when the coupon comes out?[/QUOTE]

Coupons don't work with anything, so it won't work with B2G1.

[quote name='lochdoun']Amount of mistakes in this thread is dreadful...

The game is NOT called "Kingdoms of Amalur", "KOA", "Amalur" or "Kingdoms".

The game is called RECKONING.

Do people call Skyrim "TES", "Scrolls" or "Elder"?
No they do not, because that is not what the game is called.

Kingdoms of Amalur is a prefix referring to the lore, just like The Elder Scrolls.

I will be buying Reckoning for $10, great deal.[/QUOTE]

Lochdoun, I was touched by your sense of commitment to "inform" us about the reality of this video game's title. But why stop there? I believe it is time to file a formal complaint against Best Buy...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kingdom...]/1000002304.p?id=1000002303&skuId=1000002304

Can you believe that Best Buy not only had the audacity to not call the game by its proper name, but to leave out the proper name altogether?

P.S. For those people just joining this thread, I am not being serious, lol...

So i went into BB today. Got a ps3 and 360 copy of KOA. Asked the guy at the counter which was the department manager and he said it would be cool for me to just double scan my coupon when it comes in to get them both. Worth mentioning there werent many copies on the shelf. There were a decent ammount of ps3 games but 360 was down to about 4 or 5. I see a lot of arguing about getting a copy of it. I would strongly recommend picking it up now and return/rebuying it when the coupons out. One thing you guys are forgetting is the company is gone now. I doubt EA will be printing anymore copies. Worth grabging now just to be safe.

By the way.. why the hell is the case so light? Is this one of those shitty games with no manual? I know EA does that with most of its sports games but this is a god damn RPG. IM gonna be PISSED if its got no manual... christ i really fucking hate EA

Anyway, i also picked up about 350 dollars worth of 29-39.99 games for the upcoming sale Sunday. I never got an answer on whether there were any regular game sales tomorow so i grabbed what looked ok. The only one i considered but passed on was Driver: san fransisco.. i kept hearing very mixed things about that and i know driver 3 was terrible

^_^x KD

No EA games come w/manual anymore. Last full EA title to have one was Dragon Age 2. ME 3 didn't have a manual either.

Shadows of the Damned & Alice (EA Partner games) had manuals but Amalur didn't.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No EA games come w/manual anymore. Last full EA title to have one was Dragon Age 2. ME 3 didn't have a manual either.

Shadows of the Damned & Alice (EA Partner games) had manuals but Amalur didn't.[/QUOTE]

Thats the biggest bunch of shit i've ever heard.. are you serious? First we start getting these garbage 'eco cases' now we cant even be bothered with a manual for a friggin RPG?! I havent opened ME3 yet. How the hell does that NOT come with a manual? Even the CE has none? (which i have) Thanks for the info but i really really hope your either wrong or messing with me, because thats infuriating if its the case >_<

I really really hate EA.. a lot. I always have. They're terrible for the industry and i hate their business practices. There was actually a long period (years) where I refused to buy any game published by them at all. Thats why i never played Mass Effect 2, despite loveing the first game. I eventually broke that rule a little over a year ago. *sigh* Id love to go back to it but they are publishing more and more stuff these days

^_^x KD

Correct, not even the CE have manuals, all on the game disc.

To be fair, game Eco cases have been modified to not have the holes in the middle but just less plastic in the middle as the cases w/holes have caused MASS amounts of cracked discs across the industry.

You can see the difference in a 2012 Eco case vs. the 2011 ones (open up Amalur, SR 3, or SC V for example.)

Also according to BB employees in the comments on The Consumerist, each BB store is losing a manager & each store w/gaming department is losing its supervisor.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Also according to BB employees in the comments on The Consumerist, each BB store is losing a manager & each store w/gaming department is losing its supervisor.[/QUOTE]

Some bestbuy's don't have a gaming department? o_0

[quote name='Kenshindono']Thats the biggest bunch of shit i've ever heard.. are you serious? First we start getting these garbage 'eco cases' now we cant even be bothered with a manual for a friggin RPG?! I havent opened ME3 yet. How the hell does that NOT come with a manual? Even the CE has none? (which i have) Thanks for the info but i really really hope your either wrong or messing with me, because thats infuriating if its the case >_<

I really really hate EA.. a lot. I always have. They're terrible for the industry and i hate their business practices. There was actually a long period (years) where I refused to buy any game published by them at all. Thats why i never played Mass Effect 2, despite loveing the first game. I eventually broke that rule a little over a year ago. *sigh* Id love to go back to it but they are publishing more and more stuff these days

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]
Its not just EA. Alot of publishers have done away with manuals. I dont believe Ubisoft has them for most of their games either. I especially loved how Batman Arkham City didnt have a manual but they stuck in a 10 page color catalogue of Batman related products and 2 colored inserts for PSN codes (Catwoman and Gotham City Imposters beta) when they could have saved the paper for an actual manual and put those codes on the back of it.

FYI, the games still have one, but its included in the game

I can confirm that Reckoning has no manual.

There are plenty of unboxing videos on Youtube that are useful for knowing what's included with a game before you buy it.

Basically if it's an EA, Warner or Ubisoft game you can count on it not having a manual.

Part of the reason why Bethesda and Rockstar are so awesome is that they still do thick full color manuals.

[quote name='Havok83']Its not just EA. Alot of publishers have done away with manuals. I dont believe Ubisoft has them for most of their games either. I especially loved how Batman Arkham City didnt have a manual but they stuck in a 10 page color catalogue of Batman related products and 2 colored inserts for PSN codes (Catwoman and Gotham City Imposters beta) when they could have saved the paper for an actual manual and put those codes on the back of it.

FYI, the games still have one, but its included in the game[/QUOTE]

that's not called wasting paper, that's called advertising.

[quote name='Havok83']Its not just EA. Alot of publishers have done away with manuals. I dont believe Ubisoft has them for most of their games either. I especially loved how Batman Arkham City didnt have a manual but they stuck in a 10 page color catalogue of Batman related products and 2 colored inserts for PSN codes (Catwoman and Gotham City Imposters beta) when they could have saved the paper for an actual manual and put those codes on the back of it.

FYI, the games still have one, but its included in the game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we all knew when these companies said they were "going green" by not printing paper manuals that they were full of it. Everything a company does is about the all mighty dollar. Ahhhh, smell that? Capitalism! I love it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Thats the biggest bunch of shit i've ever heard.. are you serious? First we start getting these garbage 'eco cases' now we cant even be bothered with a manual for a friggin RPG?! I havent opened ME3 yet. How the hell does that NOT come with a manual? Even the CE has none? (which i have) Thanks for the info but i really really hope your either wrong or messing with me, because thats infuriating if its the case >_

[quote name='confoosious']They don't 'stealthily" skip a whole month. :roll:

It actually helps us out when the coupons last for 45 days or so because there's more of a chance that the game goes on sale, allowing us to stack it on top of the sale.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they do...I said if they keep pushing back how long they're good for/when they activate they will have skipped a month. We're already to the 17th so it's not like it's too far out there. I could be wrong but as far as I remember then they do skip a month they activated at a normal time. Just think it's kinda funny is all. And I guess you can look at it either way, you're right it gives us a bigger chance stuff will go on sale but if next month they go back to activation at the beginning of the month we'll have lost time for the next coupons... So unless they plan it out (which they may be, I just usually don't hold most companies in that high regard that they'd actually plan something that makes sense) that it'll work out so it merges with the next mag that is skipped eventually we'll lose out.

Pardon me if this was answered already somewhere other than the OP, but I was wondering if using a coupon requires a new purchase, or if it is possible to apply the coupon to a previous purchases (for example if I bought a game a week in advance to make sure I got a copy).

Thanks in advance!

i answered your question in the other thread lol
but in case u don't go back there, normally u can do a return/rebuy w/ the coupon BUT u bough amalur as part of the b2g1 promo so u wouldn't be able to use the coupon. it would make amalur ur new cheapest game -$10- and then they'd have to charge you for whatever game u originally got for free.

[quote name='technicalstylez']i answered your question in the other thread lol
but in case u don't go back there, normally u can do a return/rebuy w/ the coupon BUT u bough amalur as part of the b2g1 promo so u wouldn't be able to use the coupon. it would make amalur ur new cheapest game -$10- and then they'd have to charge you for whatever game u originally got for free.[/QUOTE]

thanks. the other thread is being derailed.

so the follow-up question is: how do gift receipts work in a b2g1 promo situation?

[quote name='wrencrest']Yeah, we all knew when these companies said they were "going green" by not printing paper manuals that they were full of it. Everything a company does is about the all mighty dollar. Ahhhh, smell that? Capitalism! I love it.[/QUOTE]

And what color is said "all mighty (sic) dollar"?
Exactly!

[quote name='JKSonic']So unless they plan it out (which they may be, I just usually don't hold most companies in that high regard that they'd actually plan something that makes sense) that it'll work out so it merges with the next mag that is skipped eventually we'll lose out.[/QUOTE]

Well seeing as though this is the time of year where they skip a month/give a double issue (remember only 10 mags per year) I would be willing to bet that the July/Aug coupons will last until the end of August (actually 9/1 as that is the end of the week) and then the September coupons will start the first Sunday of September (9/2).

Care to take that bet?

The biggest offender of not including a manual was Mortal Kombat.
A fighting game without a physical manual is strange.
Fighting games are the one type of game where you actually use the manual more than just a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lochdoun']The biggest offender of not including a manual was Mortal Kombat.
A fighting game without a physical manual is strange.
Fighting games are the one type of game where you actually use the manual more than just a few times.[/QUOTE]
its why with all their issues, I appreciate that Capcom still includes them. Real meaty manuals with color too

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] This was due to them buying out the assets of Virgin Interactive and with it the game Thrill Kill, which was I believe two weeks from release when that deal went down.
[/QUOTE]

It always makes me laugh to see something like this. Thrill Kill wasn't canned because EA is bad and it was gory. Thrill Kill is a legitimately terrible game in every aspect. There were review copies floating around the bay area for years.

You probably wouldn't have played more than 2 matches. Its truly just absurdly bad.

[quote name='Slowdance']It always makes me laugh to see something like this. Thrill Kill wasn't canned because EA is bad and it was gory. Thrill Kill is a legitimately terrible game in every aspect. There were review copies floating around the bay area for years.

You probably wouldn't have played more than 2 matches. Its truly just absurdly bad.[/QUOTE]
That's the thing though. I tend to like 'bad' games and hate the ones that everybody raves about. To me the only way to judge it would be to play it for myself. I've been burned on a few really crappy games before(State Of Emergency, for example), but even if I found out firsthand that it was a horrible game I likely wouldn't have bought it until it was very cheap anyway.

Although that was the last game I was truly excited to play back when it was first announced.

Do they do competitive pricing with coupons? SSX reg price at Walmart has been $39.99 for awhile now this would make getting it for $10 still possible

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the thing though. I tend to like 'bad' games and hate the ones that everybody raves about. To me the only way to judge it would be to play it for myself. I've been burned on a few really crappy games before(State Of Emergency, for example), but even if I found out firsthand that it was a horrible game I likely wouldn't have bought it until it was very cheap anyway.

Although that was the last game I was truly excited to play back when it was first announced.[/QUOTE]

There are still ways to play it. You should try it.

[quote name='Sietingz3']In for the $10 KoA. Been wanting to pick it up for awhile now.[/QUOTE]

Same. Just eagerly waiting for the new issue to arrive in my mailbox . . .

The only coupons I see myself using is Kingdoms of Amalur and Tiger Woods (only if it gets $15 or below - come Best Buy I know you want to).

[quote name='danh920']I subscribed in store about 3 weeks ago, how long does it usually take for the magazine to arrive? I really want koa![/QUOTE]

Chances are you might not get it, but you can log in to your subscription online and see what issue they have mailed.

[quote name='danh920']I subscribed in store about 3 weeks ago, how long does it usually take for the magazine to arrive? I really want koa![/QUOTE]

You most likely won't get it, if I remember right it said something about like you will get the current magazine issue but you won't be getting the next month issue since it takes 6-8 for it to process but you will get it the month after so you might be better off spending an extra $5 for the magazine issue if you want to get KoA for $10.

6-8 weeks. Probably should expect your first one in August

[quote name='hostyl1']And what color is said "all mighty (sic) dollar"?
Exactly!

Well seeing as though this is the time of year where they skip a month/give a double issue (remember only 10 mags per year) I would be willing to bet that the July/Aug coupons will last until the end of August (actually 9/1 as that is the end of the week) and then the September coupons will start the first Sunday of September (9/2).

Care to take that bet?[/QUOTE]

They probably will do that, but it wasn't my point :cool: Was just saying if this month doesn't activate until the 15th, then (if this upcoming month wasn't a double-monther) the next month didn't activate until the 25, then the next month could be the 1st and they would have effectively skipped a whole month.

The reason they pushed activation back to the 15th this month was probably because of the double coming up...so we'll just have to see when Sept starts, if it's the end of the first week/early second week or if it's almost two weeks in, or if it's the 1st or 2nd day.

Like others have said it's unlikely but you can always go in and plead your case to one of the employees. I had the same issue last month and the guy just tore out the coupon page of one of the magazines and gave it to me with no issues.

Ran by my BB this morning to grab a used killzone 3 and to check the inventory for KoA. They had plenty of copies for both systems, so I didnt need to grab one today. I will be there at 10am the day the coupons go live though.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ran by my BB this morning to grab a used killzone 3 and to check the inventory for KoA. They had plenty of copies for both systems, so I didnt need to grab one today. I will be there at 10am the day the coupons go live though.[/QUOTE]

but you never know, especially with slickdeals and fatwallet, and all. All the cag deals always end up on there somehow

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ran by my BB this morning to grab a used killzone 3 and to check the inventory for KoA. They had plenty of copies for both systems, so I didnt need to grab one today. I will be there at 10am the day the coupons go live though.[/QUOTE]
lol I just saw your signature, is Journey that good?

bread's done
Back