Be Mine Indie Game Bundle (PayWhatYouWant, 5 games + music + xtras)

[quote name='TheLongshot']Considering I'm going to be at Katsucon all weekend, I wasn't going to get to it until then anyways.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of Katsucon but I have been to Anime Central, Otakon, and Youmacon to name a few.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Now they are saying Monday at the earliest. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/QUOTE]

All this reminds me an old soviet anecdote.

WWII. German concentration camp. Barracks. Announcement: Attention, breakfast will be served in the northern corner of the barrack. All prisoners rush to the corner only to hear another announcement: Attention, breakfast is moved to the southern corner. This repeats couple of times until new announcement is made: Attention, because of all the running in the barracks, the breakfast is cancelled!

We are like those hungry, hungry prisoners - running anywhere to get another cheap game. Once they play with us enough (and maybe one of them, smart ones, will complete doctorate on how to manipulate gamers), the bundle will just be cancelled. Presumably, because of all this running around.

[quote name='netscorer']All this reminds me an old soviet anecdote.

WWII. German concentration camp. Barracks. Announcement: Attention, breakfast will be served in the northern corner of the barrack. All prisoners rush to the corner only to hear another announcement: Attention, breakfast is moved to the southern corner. This repeats couple of times until new announcement is made: Attention, because of all the running in the barracks, the breakfast is cancelled!

We are like those hungry, hungry prisoners - running anywhere to get another cheap game. Once they play with us enough (and maybe one of them, smart ones, will complete doctorate on how to manipulate gamers), the bundle will just be cancelled. Presumably, because of all this running around.[/QUOTE]

LOL...you really compared it to a concentration camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drabelincoln']If you guys want I can set up a live stream and you can watch me play mine :D[/QUOTE]

1yrb.jpg

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Wow...you really compared it to a concentration camp.[/QUOTE]

This is a joke, man! Russians can joke about anything, even concentration camps. During Stalinism, there were so many jokes about Josef that there are several compilation books published now. And this is during the times when one such joke meant near certain death if overheard by the wrong pair of ears.

If you are not comfortable, being compared to hungry prisoners, replace in the joke the word concentration with fat and prisoners with fatties. Maybe this will be less offensive to your sensitive skin.

[quote name='netscorer']This is a joke, man! Russians can joke about anything, even concentration camps. During Stalinism, there were so many jokes about Josef that there are several compilation books published now. And this is during the times when one such joke meant near certain death if overheard by the wrong pair of ears.

If you are not comfortable, being compared to hungry prisoners, replace in the joke the word concentration with fat and prisoners with fatties. Maybe this will be less offensive to your sensitive skin.[/QUOTE]

I get it bud. Games and genocide. Same thing.

They delayed the bundle again? This is an illegal violation of my civil rights, and I'm gonna start a class action lawsuit.

48px-Item_icon_Jarate.png

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Never heard of Katsucon but I have been to Anime Central, Otakon, and Youmacon to name a few.[/QUOTE]

It is the other large anime con in the DC/Baltimore area. Not as big as Otakon, but it is getting there...

[quote name='Drabelincoln']If you guys want I can set up a live stream and you can watch me play mine :D[/QUOTE]
I'd like it if you set up the stream, scrolled up and down your list a few times, hovered your cursor over one of the new titles, then went back to playing the game you've played for the last week or so.

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Smell the authenticity! :lol:

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Never heard of Katsucon but I have been to Anime Central, Otakon, and Youmacon to name a few.[/QUOTE]

I was about to go "Who the fuck lives here to know of Youmacon..."

Then I realized it was you chump. :

Hi, know the people at groupees. They're working around the clock to optimize the site for the very heavy loads they were seeing. I can understand all the hard feelings and frustration. Certainly fair. But at the end of the day, they've chosen to be very conservative with how they're approaching this... with the support of the devs and music partners in this bundle. I'll update this board with what I hear. My guess is possible later today but more likely Monday--don't think they want to launch on the weekend.

[quote name='JoeDuck']Hi, know the people at groupees. They're working around the clock to optimize the site for the very heavy loads they were seeing. I can understand all the hard feelings and frustration. Certainly fair. But at the end of the day, they've chosen to be very conservative with how they're approaching this... with the support of the devs and music partners in this bundle. I'll update this board with what I hear. My guess is possible later today but more likely Monday--don't think they want to launch on the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Conservative is an understatement. They have (supposedly) tried several times now to 'update their servers'. Obviously what they are doing is not working and I question whether they genuinely have the resources to be able to handle the load they will get whenever they choose to open the floodgates.

Instead of (supposedly) trying, and failing miserably to be able to handle a zergrush of people for the first few hours upon launch, what they need to be looking at are ways to stagger the sales over a period of time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this.

Also the whole 'don't want to launch on a weekend'. Why? If the thing runs for two weeks then who cares? Sounds to me like they want to go backpacking (they're from Oregon :p ) or out to the bars or something and don't want to be bothered with it on the weekend.

[quote name='Motoki']Conservative is an understatement. They have (supposedly) tried several times now to 'update their servers'. Obviously what they are doing is not working and I question whether they genuinely have the resources to be able to handle the load they will get whenever they choose to open the floodgates.

Instead of (supposedly) trying, and failing miserably to be able to handle a zergrush of people for the first few hours upon launch, what they need to be looking at are ways to stagger the sales over a period of time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this.

Also the whole 'don't want to launch on a weekend'. Why? If the thing runs for two weeks then who cares? Sounds to me like they want to go backpacking (they're from Oregon :p ) or out to the bars or something and don't want to be bothered with it on the weekend.[/QUOTE]

They're testing @2x of the original load so what they're doing now is working... actually. Conservative in this case relates to choices about timing. The dev team is quite tired and probably not a good idea to relaunch if everyone is whipped. They also want to get all the support cases out of the way before they relaunch, and to me, that is absolutely what they should do.

[quote name='JoeDuck']They're testing @2x of the original load so what they're doing now is working... actually. Conservative in this case relates to choices about timing. The dev team is quite tired and probably not a good idea to relaunch if everyone is whipped. They also want to get all the support cases out of the way before they relaunch, and to me, that is absolutely what they should do.[/QUOTE]

I can understand the sanity check thing, particularly after trying to get it up the next day and having it fail. Best to take a few days to test and get your head cleared if at all possible.

That being said, someone probably should have been here earlier to do some damage control. Downtime is never a good sign from a customer perspective and anything longer than a few hours is pretty bad.

Hi JoeDuck,

Firstly, thanks for the insight!

Secondly, would you mind sticking a URL in the original post in this thread (perhaps with a warning that the site could be down)? People keep asking for it :)

Thirdly, (personal request, Hoooooo!) could you stick a space in the title of this thread? It's playing merry hell with with my iPhone bookmarks :lol:

Lastly, thanks again!

[quote name='Mooby']Who wants to bet it crashes on Monday, too~[/QUOTE]

Either that or another delay. Remember the latest is now 'Monday at the earliest'

I still think if it is genuinely taking people working around the clock for a week to get decent hosting then something is seriously wrong somewhere.

Hell the Indie Gala people, who are not exactly the most organized, managed to get their crap together and they launched in the middle of a freak blizzard in Rome.

I had a long reply typed out, but my F*@(&#! tablet died, so here's the short(er) version.

@JoeDuck: Thank you, I managed to snag a bundle on the first day. Since you know the Groupees people though, you may want to pass on that the countdown to release timer is a very bad idea.

Nobody else running an indie bundle uses countdown to release timers anymore for that exact reason, they know better to spread out traffic or demand, especially since this is one of the better bundles to come around, or risk (with high probability...) crashing their site.

As previously mentioned, this will likely not deter anyone from buying the bundle, but may reduce the amount of money people are willing to contribute...thus the perceived success of this bundle.

My recommendation, just launch the bundle quietly and let it spread by word of mouth and not necessarily officially via twitter.

They were already planning on running the promo for two weeks anyway. If they get their act together, by the time the next bundle comes around, provided they've learned their mistakes, no one would even reasonably hold these snafus against them.

[quote name='sykotek']As previously mentioned, this will likely not deter anyone from buying the bundle, but may reduce the amount of money people are willing to contribute...thus the perceived success of this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Not that it would necessarily deter people, but some may forget now. I doubt it would be many, but I bet there is at least one person out there that would have bought it, found out it is delayed, and the forgets about looking back into it.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Who you callin' a chump, chump.

Also, you barely know of it seeing as you've never been there. :p[/QUOTE]

Okay lumpy.

[quote name='Flowette']Hi JoeDuck,

Firstly, thanks for the insight!

Secondly, would you mind sticking a URL in the original post in this thread (perhaps with a warning that the site could be down)? People keep asking for it :)

Thirdly, (personal request, Hoooooo!) could you stick a space in the title of this thread? It's playing merry hell with with my iPhone bookmarks :lol:

Lastly, thanks again![/QUOTE]

Yes please edit the title. It's totally jacking up the mobile site on my iPhone too.

Last night and today I went back through all my Humble, Royale, Gala, and Game Music keys and downloaded all the music I hadn't yet. ~18GB. I wonder how much more with this new brand.

I just tried and a popup asking asking for a username & password appeared. I never created an account before the bundle went live, so I had nothing to enter.

Oh well, I continue to wait I guess.

[quote name='the end']i just tried and a popup asking asking for a username & password appeared. I never created an account before the bundle went live, so i had nothing to enter.

Oh well, i continue to wait i guess.[/quote]

dangit.

Looks like the first goal was lowered to $3,000 and has been unlocked, so anyone who buys/bought the bundle gets the Xotic DLC when released, and Nikopol.

Yep, just checked and it was up for me too. It's probably just going to crash later when people start flooding the site.

Either they are doing this by region, the website changed, or you guys are just screwing with us. Do you mind providing a link to the page you are using and your region?

Update: Appears to work on my phone but not my browser (CST)

[quote name='bwrobins']Either they are doing this by region, the website changed, or you guys are just screwing with us. Do you mind providing a link to the page you are using and your region?[/QUOTE]

http://groupees.com/bemine

That's what I used and i got through finally. I've seen some people reporting that it doesn't work for them in one browser, but it does in another. There doesn't seem to be a consensus as to which browsers it works with, so i suspect it;s an issue with cookies or internet cash. If you have trouble, try clearing the cookies and or cash out.

BTW, Did anybody who placed an order get any email from them with your keys?

I haven't gotten an email yet (not sure if they even send an email), but if you click on your username on the site, it brings you to your purchase history and lists all the download links and steam keys.

[quote name='jatan11t']I haven't gotten an email yet (not sure if they even send an email), but if you click on your username on the site, it brings you to your purchase history and lists all the download links and steam keys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember somebody else saying that a few days ago, so I knew to do that. But some people seam to be reporting that they also received emails from them. This despite the fact that there is this note in the payment field when you go to pay.

"Please note, we do not email product links. All keys and links are accessible in your profile at groupees.com"

I just got my bundle.

The key page is a bit clunky (I prefer the Humble/Royale design) but keys are keys.

Damn. I need to find another bundle to stalk now :lol:

[quote name='The End']I just tried and a popup asking asking for a username & password appeared. I never created an account before the bundle went live, so I had nothing to enter.

Oh well, I continue to wait I guess.[/QUOTE]

I thought I hadn't either, but turned out I had. If you ever did that pay what you want for beat hazard or multiwinia, than you have an account.

bread's done
Back