Best Buy $10 Reward Certificates Pre-order Promotion (Read the OP before posting your question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
As a My Best Buy member, get $10 in reward certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase.
Eligible titles are available for :xb1: :ps4: :360: :ps3: :pc:.

What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q: Can the 20% off Unlocked benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

Missing bonus points? (Wait out the 15 days before contacting the Best Buy mods for help.)

• Make a best buy forum account and post a thread here.
Missing pre-order bonus? (Give them 48 hours to email you the pre-order bonus if it is digital content.)

• Follow the instructions listed here.

Dying Light

Release Date: 1/27/2015

These great character DLCs are available when you pre-order Dying Light from Best Buy! NINJA Don a mask of a Japanese assassin and blend into the shadows of the quarantine zone. SPECIAL AGENT Get ready to dive deep into the city jungle with a protective vest, knee pads, and sturdy boots.

:pc: Grand Theft Auto V

Release Date: 1/27/2015

All players who pre-order the game will receive $1,000,000 in-game cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Evolve

Release Date: 2/10/2015

Pre-order EVOLVE for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC and receive the Monster Expansion Pack, which includes the "Savage Goliath" skin and a new monster character free.

Battlefield Hardline

Release Date: 3/17/2015

Receive a Versatility Battlepack that includes an assault rifle, a camo skin for your weapons, and a teamplay boost. Also get three gold Battlepacks delivered over three weeks. These include a random assortment of customizations, accessories and boosts.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

*Confirmed to be part of promotion*
Release Date: 5/19/2015

fQY27qy.png

Batman: Arkham Knight

Release Date: 6/2/2015

Take advantage of Harley's unique weapons, gadgets and abilities, and test your skills with four challenge maps. Bonus code included on packaging.

WAYNETECH Booster pack includes - Explosive Gel Takedown - set traps to knock out enemies remotely - Aerieal Juggle - Strick an enemy in mid-air for massive damage - Batarangs While Gliding - Launch multiple Batarangs while in mid-air - Weapon Upgrade - Increase the devastating firepower of the Batmobile.

Elder Scrolls Online

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians

Release Date:

Halo 5: Guardians In-Store Event
Pre-order Halo 5: Guardians at participating stores on December 29 and January 3 and receive a Halo 5 poster. You'll also receive a Halo 5: Guardians art book when you pick up your order, only at Best Buy. Those who are 17 years of age and older can also play the beta version of the game at those same locations on December 29 and January 3 from 3 p.m.–7 p.m. local time.
FAQs
Learn more about how to get $10 in reward certificates.

Online Orders:
OIBRmGd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not new to BB or their system. While the bonus points rarely post immediately, there is generally some kind of indicator that they are pending within a day or two of purchase. I simply wanted to know if anyone had the indication that they were pending yet since some people had their orders ship late last week and they would be 4-5 days after purchase at this point.
Unless it's similar to the $20 last year where the 1000 pre order bonus showed up pending on MyBB, I haven't seen the 500/1000 yet :(

So my Best Buy had some layoffs and had to let go of some managers. I knew some of the guys from Home Theater that were let go so its sad to hear. I think this may be a nationwide thing. Notices and severances just went out yesterday.
Sad since a lot of people in my local store are really nice, although I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner because my store has WAY more employees walking around doing nothing then they need.

Has anyone seen the South Park preorder cert bonus post yet? My points for the purchase are pending and have been for a couple of days, but nothing on the bonus cert for pre-ordering.
Sorry I was confused by your "points pending and have been for a couple days" since the game came out today.

And yeah I wouldn't expect points to show up for redemption on the day of purchase no offense.

Has anyone seen the South Park preorder cert bonus post yet? My points for the purchase are pending and have been for a couple of days, but nothing on the bonus cert for pre-ordering.
Mine has already posted as pending. Mine is for the old preorder bonus of $20.

Got the South Park game delivered today by I hear rattling a little and the side the case cracked if I don't open it can I just take it to best buy and exchange for a different copy without doing a return rebuy? Cause a return rebuy will cause me to lose the preorder bonus ugh hate there cheap shipping method sometime

Got the South Park game delivered today by I hear rattling a little and the side the case cracked if I don't open it can I just take it to best buy and exchange for a different copy without doing a return rebuy? Cause a return rebuy will cause me to lose the preorder bonus ugh hate there cheap shipping method sometime
I'm sure if you go in-store and tell them it cracked in the mail, they'd do an easy even-exchange.

Just saw 1189 point pending for South Park. Nice, After the 5 deposit I used my BB CC to get 2.5 point. That was to put my past 250 mark for another 5 cert.. If it holds I'm get 25 rewards zone cert. Crazy.

EDIT. Just saw Batman added. Nice. hopefully it comes out after Destiny cuz that is for sure when Im get a PS4.

Just saw 1189 point pending for South Park. Nice, After the 5 deposit I used my BB CC to get 2.5 point. That was to put my past 250 mark for another 5 cert.. If it holds I'm get 25 rewards zone cert. Crazy.

EDIT. Just saw Batman added. Nice. hopefully it comes out after Destiny cuz that is for sure when Im get a PS4.
when did you preorder SP?

i keep hearing conflicting reports in regards to the $10 or $20 cert.

last I read, if you were GCU before the switch to $10, you will get $20, even if you preordered during the $10 frame??

Quick question, how many of you who preordered from Best Buy get their copies of South Park today? Asking cuz I would much rather have their computer system process my orders and ship the game to me then have any problems regarding my $10 cert and my 20% GCU since the system likely won't fuck me over.

you guys get the bestbuy preorder outfits yet? I was hoping for an email today with it cuz mine is being shipped but nothing yet...

i.e. southpark

when did you preorder SP?
i keep hearing conflicting reports in regards to the $10 or $20 cert.

last I read, if you were GCU before the switch to $10, you will get $20, even if you preordered during the $10 frame??
Sounds about right, I still think there will be tons of people on the forums page needing to get the issue fixed.

thank you brother. i preordered it but not here til tomorrow.

What class is anyone gonna be? I was gonna be Jew but I read it is like risky paladin and that doesn't appeal to me really, so I was leaning towards wizard (necromancer sorcerer, lol i love their alt names/extra fire damage) buy my grrl says to be a thief (rogue assassin/extra gold)

After watching the release trailer the first thing that came to mind was I hope they give a 10 $ certificate for this and boom they didn't waste any time .

Wonder if Bestbuy's fast reaction to this game getting a $10 Certificate is a sign people shouldn't hold their breath for other games?

Seems like they've already planned which games ahead of schedule will get the promotion.

Going to hold out on preordering Batman, will wait until I get the $10 certificates from Watch Dogs, and Dying Light to save some money.
This, and I'm also going to wait & see what the inevitable CE has in it & how much it's going for.

For the person who asked what class everyone is going to play in South Park - I'm going with Jew, simply because it appears there's a trophy specific to that class (but no other class-specific trophies as far as I can tell) and I think this will be a fun one to go for the plat on.

Wonder if Bestbuy's fast reaction to this game getting a $10 Certificate is a sign people shouldn't hold their breath for other games?
Seems like they've already planned which games ahead of schedule will get the promotion.
Bestbuy is a "patterned" company so expect them to redo the same things mostly. As htz mentioned after E3 we`ll see an infux of new titles but we plan to be proactive & make a ideax thread regarding what games should be added ASAP which will give them enough time to put the promos together.

Most EA sports games will be added like Madden, NCAA, Fifa, Battlefield(or whichever EA shooter comes out) & COD. I`d say there`s still time for a promo on the show either a giftcard or promo when getting both the PS3/PS4 & PSV versions. Or maybe even a deal for PS+ or PSN credit.

My 1000 points are pending, nice. I'm having a blast with this game though, I got about 5 hours of gameplay....some hilarious moments. I went with Mage and it's been fun, if I decide to replay I'll go with Jew.

Ugh...I'm debating on moving my pre-order of TF over to Best Buy now and using the credit I had paid it off with to Dark Souls 2, but the black armor edition isn't available on AZ anymore.

But will I play Dark Souls 2? I'm just afraid once TF gets here that's all I'll play.

My 1000 points for South Park are pending now as well. I was GCU when the $20 promo was active, but didn't pre-order until last week. I also had my membership expire and then renewed using the $30 coupon.

So it looks like the only criteria to get the $20 in RZ points for South Park is that you had to be GCU when it was first offered. Hope that helps.

My 1000 points for South Park are pending now as well. I was GCU when the $20 promo was active, but didn't pre-order until last week. I also had my membership expire and then renewed using the $30 coupon.

So it looks like the only criteria to get the $20 in RZ points for South Park is that you had to be GCU when it was first offered. Hope that helps.
Did you preorder online or in-store? Transaction shows up on my rewards but don't see no 1000 points pending, hope I don't need to go through customer service to get this adjusted!

Did you preorder online or in-store? Transaction shows up on my rewards but don't see no 1000 points pending, hope I don't need to go through customer service to get this adjusted!
In-store. I do all my pre-orders in-store and only put down $5. Most of the pre-order bonus points show up with the pending purchase, but I've had a few that didn't until 15 days later. In your case, I would wait until then purchase actually switches from pending to posted, and then call if they still aren't there.

I don't understand why everyone is complaining over missing rewards points.  In the past, It has taken weeks for me to see pending points on my account even when others see them right away.  I don't know why Best Buy's system isn't always consistent on applying points, but it seems like most people do get them eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back