Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

[quote name='gldoorii']I was thinking along the lines of the game used to be $49.99 making it 29.99 with the coupon, but now it's $39.99 making it $19.99 with the coupon. That's an additional $10 in savings, but buying the magazine to get the coupon makes it only $5 in savings.

Just comparing the total price of $30 of what it used to be to $20 now, with the coupon.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok, I get your point now.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Any digital subscribers receive their Oct. coupons yet?[/QUOTE]

I always receive mine after they go in effect. Usually 3-5 days later.

She said the magazine they're selling (which is a special edition?) doesn't have a coupon for ME3. It sounds like she was going to honor it anyway perhaps but can anyone clarify what's going on, please? I've tried to skim through but missed something possibly. TIA!

[quote name='Beorach']She said the magazine they're selling (which is a special edition?) doesn't have a coupon for ME3. It sounds like she was going to honor it anyway perhaps but can anyone clarify what's going on, please? I've tried to skim through but missed something possibly. TIA![/QUOTE]

Cod magazine is special. This coupon is for last month.

[quote name='Beorach']She said the magazine they're selling (which is a special edition?) doesn't have a coupon for ME3. It sounds like she was going to honor it anyway perhaps but can anyone clarify what's going on, please? I've tried to skim through but missed something possibly. TIA![/QUOTE]
The ME3 coupon is from the current issue (through Oct 6) which will be hard to find since they're moving them out to make room for the double issue (The CoD issue she saw + the monthly one we normally get)

Used the ME3 coupon last night. Was suprised there were still 5-6 copies of the game left.

Best Buy has been rocking so hard with the coupons and deals this year.

With the ME Trilogy coming out in November, my conscience is telling me to just wait for that instead of buying ME3 for $10 with coupon. I dont have ME2 as well since i missed out on the $5 coupon deal before. And with ME1 coming to PS3 with the bundle, it makes the trilogy even sweeter and gratifying buy for me.

What's on the front of the issue with the coupons? I've moved and my paper copies are probably still being sent to my parents it something. I've never had trouble having them scan from a copy laying around since I'm a member.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']What's on the front of the issue with the coupons? I've moved and my paper copies are probably still being sent to my parents it something. I've never had trouble having them scan from a copy laying around since I'm a member.[/QUOTE]

RE6 is the cover

[quote name='Ragnorok64']What's on the front of the issue with the coupons? I've moved and my paper copies are probably still being sent to my parents it something. I've never had trouble having them scan from a copy laying around since I'm a member.[/QUOTE]

RE6 as I recall.

[quote name='narec']is lolipop worth $20? i think i'll try to wait for it to drop further.[/QUOTE]

Well the coupon is only good for another 2 days, and it's not gonna drop in time for you to use the coupon.
I just picked it up, heard it was fun and figured I'd grab it for $20 now instead of waiting six months for it to drop to $10-$15 and then hoping my store still has copies

After all of those 99 cent ps2 trade ins that i did yesturday i picked up mass effect 2 with all of that credit i had. Is it ok to play 3 without playing parts 1 and 2 ?

I stopped by Best Buy on the way home last night, and was able to get a copy of Mass Effect 3 for $10 with the coupon. At first it seemed that they were out of the older magazines, but I managed to find one on a random shelf, and a store associate was also able to hunt one down for me. The gaming area associates were really nice and helpful, bonus points for Best Buy.

my local bestbuys are sold of of the ce of me3. i don't really want the game (beat it and traded it) i just really want the n7 patch

[quote name='strait edge follower']After all of those 99 cent ps2 trade ins that i did yesturday i picked up mass effect 2 with all of that credit i had. Is it ok to play 3 without playing parts 1 and 2 ?[/QUOTE]
You mean you didn't pick up a copy(or two) of ME2 from the $5 sale?

I couldn't find the answer to this, but can you use the coupon as a promo code somehow on the website and do an in store pickup?

[quote name='pimpster4183']I couldn't find the answer to this, but can you use the coupon as a promo code somehow on the website and do an in store pickup?[/QUOTE]

all coupon must be use in store, and only be use in store

[quote name='YBX87']all coupon must be use in store, and only be use in store[/QUOTE]

Now you tell me. I feel like I be use.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I did, 3 acually ! But .... I flipped them lol[/QUOTE]
I held onto both I grabbed, but only cuz I figured with it being a popular series I might be able to sell them for much more than $5 on Amazon.

I just wanna play the damn games to say I played them. I think I tried some of ME2 when I had an opened copy a while ago and it was ok. But I definitely don't see myself playing it and wanting to replay it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I held onto both I grabbed, but only cuz I figured with it being a popular series I might be able to sell them for much more than $5 on Amazon.

I just wanna play the damn games to say I played them. I think I tried some of ME2 when I had an opened copy a while ago and it was ok. But I definitely don't see myself playing it and wanting to replay it.[/QUOTE]

the game is pretty long ,lol. just be prepare for it

[quote name='YBX87']the game is pretty long ,lol. just be prepare for it[/QUOTE]
I just looked it up on HowLongToBeat.com and it's saying 21 hours or so for ME3. I guess that means I better try starting it tonight and hopefully finishing it before the end of business for BB Saturday night then.;)

If it comes down to it though I'll just dump it like I did Darksiders II without really finishing it. Although I was actually hating how much like God Of War and how RPG-ish that game was, so I didn't feel the least bit bad at getting rid of DS2.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just looked it up on HowLongToBeat.com and it's saying 21 hours or so for ME3. I guess that means I better try starting it tonight and hopefully finishing it before the end of business for BB Saturday night then.;)

If it comes down to it though I'll just dump it like I did Darksiders II without really finishing it. Although I was actually hating how much like God Of War and how RPG-ish that game was, so I didn't feel the least bit bad at getting rid of DS2.[/QUOTE]

lol, i don't want to sound like a broken record, but i told you so about ds2. i played darksiders 1, i hated it tho. i would get darksiders 2 , if it is less than $10

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just looked it up on HowLongToBeat.com and it's saying 21 hours or so for ME3. I guess that means I better try starting it tonight and hopefully finishing it before the end of business for BB Saturday night then.;)

If it comes down to it though I'll just dump it like I did Darksiders II without really finishing it. Although I was actually hating how much like God Of War and how RPG-ish that game was, so I didn't feel the least bit bad at getting rid of DS2.[/QUOTE]

offtopic, but u might hate me3 as well. there is some certain rpg element to the game as well, ROflmao. so gears / weapons does play a factor into the game

I also hated Darksiders, thats why when TRU had the $30 for DSII & Sleeping Dogs I just couldn't bite, even if I knew I could probably sell DSII.

As for ME goes, goodluck IATCG, if you do intend to beat ME2-3 during two days, be prepared to not sleep! Haha, or maybe you -could- beat them if you play on the easiest difficulty, but damn dude you really do live up to your name. Those games are two that I would def NOT rush since there's a whole lot of content.

[quote name='eXiON']I also hated Darksiders, thats why when TRU had the $30 for DSII & Sleeping Dogs I just couldn't bite, even if I knew I could probably sell DSII.

As for ME goes, goodluck IATCG, if you do intend to beat ME2-3 during two days, be prepared to not sleep! Haha, or maybe you -could- beat them if you play on the easiest difficulty, but damn dude you really do live up to your name. Those games are two that I would def NOT rush since there's a whole lot of content.[/QUOTE]

same here regarding me2-3, especially since i got it for $10 n $5 individually.i will save them for later / backlog. i want to actually enjoy it, and see what all the hype is all about ,lol

Darksiders 2 was awesome at first, but then just got super boring for me. I ended up getting rid of it because I came to realize I literally hate these kind of games. I didn't like Oblivion, so I bought Skyrim lol. And yup, didn't like it either. It's weird with me. I like the concept of these types of games and the stuff you can do, they just get old and boring for me. Even sadder is, I accumulated Dragons Dogma and The Witcher 2 a while back when Bestbuy had them on sale. I played each one a little while and haven't touched them in a few weeks now :( Please let this madness end haha

[quote name='krashhole']Darksiders 2 was awesome at first, but then just got super boring for me. I ended up getting rid of it because I came to realize I literally hate these kind of games. I didn't like Oblivion, so I bought Skyrim lol. And yup, didn't like it either. It's weird with me. I like the concept of these types of games and the stuff you can do, they just get old and boring for me. Even sadder is, I accumulated Dragons Dogma and The Witcher 2 a while back when Bestbuy had them on sale. I played each one a little while and haven't touched them in a few weeks now :( Please let this madness end haha[/QUOTE]

i hate darksiders, because of those stupid puzzle, which is time consuming, especially with the camera angles of that game. took me forever on some missions. i was never good at puzzle games, so i ran out of patience easily over it.

Add me to the list of people who didn't like Darksiders II.
I knew about 20 mins in that I wasn't going to like it.

I don't have alot of spare time to play, so if I'm not liking something early, I tend to bail out quickly and get rid of it if I can still get around what I paid for it.
Sometimes I'll keep a game and give it a second or third chance, but most of the time I can't get rid of it fast enough.

[quote name='slowdive21']I manged to find a store with 2 copies of ME3 CE in stock. Guy even let me buy 2 copies with the same coupon! $10 each. I also saw a couple of witcher 2 tees sitting on the shelf and asked if he could help me out since they didn't package when I bought 2 copies of the game at his store (I had my receipts with me). The guy asked a manager and then came back told me I could have them. SCORE! I have a feeling he was a CAG...If you are thank you![/QUOTE]

I am really jealous right now, I can't even find 1 copy :cry:

Yeah, that drove me nuts also. I'm mainly into stuff like Borderlands, Batman, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, etc etc. I don't even play any of the COD games anymore because they have got so old and repetitive. Not to mention the fact they have milked the hell out of the community with all the DLC and Elite stuff.

Wanted to thank the OP again for reminding me to make another trip to Best Buy :D
So glad I waited on Mass Effect 3 especially since I probably would have put it in the back log when it came out.
I'll play arrival tonight then onto 3 :)

[quote name='eXiON']I also hated Darksiders, thats why when TRU had the $30 for DSII & Sleeping Dogs I just couldn't bite, even if I knew I could probably sell DSII.

As for ME goes, goodluck IATCG, if you do intend to beat ME2-3 during two days, be prepared to not sleep! Haha, or maybe you -could- beat them if you play on the easiest difficulty, but damn dude you really do live up to your name. Those games are two that I would def NOT rush since there's a whole lot of content.[/QUOTE]
I really don't care about extra content, as I usually only play games just for the main storyline anymore and skip side missions.

I've actually found myself playing a TON of BF1943 as of late and that is kind of shocking, since I normally can't stand FPS titles.

Then again, I play it more like GTA now and kamikaze everyone when trying for kills. LOL

So I ended up trading in 50 of the PS2 games I picked up at Gamestop 10 for $1 sale for $27.50 in Bestbuy credit and picked up Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 using the coupons. Had to buy a magazine because I never received my Sept one to begin with, but it's all good to me. Traded in some sh!t to below average games to get two decent titles for the PS3.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']So I ended up trading in 50 of the PS2 games I picked up at Gamestop 10 for $1 sale for $27.50 in Bestbuy credit and picked up Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 using the coupons. Had to buy a magazine because I never received my Sept one to begin with, but it's all good to me. Traded in some sh!t to below average games to get two decent titles for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Did you trade them all with the envelope that they give you? And is every ps2 game worth 25 cents at best buy?

[quote name='JohnWayne']Did you trade them all with the envelope that they give you? And is every ps2 game worth 25 cents at best buy?[/QUOTE]

1) i have before
2) as far as i know

I went back to my local Best Buy and saw another :ps3: ME3 CE on the shelf. I had grabbed the only one they had 2 days ago. I had to grab it even though I had to pay $5 for another magazine. I didn't notice until I got home though that it had a floater disk. I guess that's the one I'll be opening.

[quote name='shadowkast']1) i have before
2) as far as i know[/QUOTE]

Would you happen to know if the 10 for $1 is still live at GS?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There are some PS2 titles that're worth slightly more, but I can't think of any offhand.[/QUOTE]

have you started your me3 playthrough yet? how do you like it

[quote name='YBX87']have you started your me3 playthrough yet? how do you like it[/QUOTE]
Actually I haven't. I'm deciding if I want to play through it by checking out videos. If I see a lot of menu navigation and other non gameplay crap then it's likely being traded tomorrow.

in case videos don't show, me3 also has action/story modes to play through. the action mode plays out everything for you(conversation decisions, skills, ect) to where it's pretty much only cutscenes. story mode lets you choose the conversation decisions, but plays the rest for you. don't really remember the equipment loadouts, but i don't think that was too involved. just a heads up, should be a quick playthrough especially if skipping side quests and extra convos.

In case you guys don't find the ME3 CE in stock at your local BBY, it seems to be in stock in their warehouse. They offered to do an in store order for me (its called OMS i think) and I was able to still use the coupon and it's going to get sent to the store, since they were all out of CE.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I haven't. I'm deciding if I want to play through it by checking out videos. If I see a lot of menu navigation and other non gameplay crap then it's likely being traded tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

you should just trade it in tomorrow then, there is a good amount of that

adjusted the price today on the ME3:CE that I bought on 8/11. $30, minus the $20 coupon, and I had a $10 Gift Card, so i paid 61 cents out of pocket

I don't get why so many people are on the fence about Lollipop Chainsaw for $20. If nothing else you could buy it, play it for a few days, and trade it in to get all your money back plus you'd get credit for the purchase and trade on your reward zone card. The game trades at $10, doubled to $20, and the extra 10% makes it $21. If you're even slightly interested in it it's worth getting now.

[quote name='YBX87']you should just trade it in tomorrow then, there is a good amount of that[/QUOTE]
I guess that's what I'm going to do then.
[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I don't get why so many people are on the fence about Lollipop Chainsaw for $20. If nothing else you could buy it, play it for a few days, and trade it in to get all your money back plus you'd get credit for the purchase and trade on your reward zone card. The game trades at $10, doubled to $20, and the extra 10% makes it $21. If you're even slightly interested in it it's worth getting now.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I've been saying.

bread's done
Back