Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Jan/Feb 12 issue) - WWE 12, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed

Foladar

CAGiversary!
Found it on their Facebook:

@Gamer Magazine Issue 16 - Jan/Feb 2012

Coupons ($120 worth) in this issue are:
• $10 off WWE '12 (PS3, X360, Wii)
• $15 off Medal of Honor (PS3, X360)
• $10 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3, X360)
• $15 off Pre-Owned Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Gears of War 3 (X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Crysis 2 (X360, PS3)
• $20 off Rocketfish Wired or Wireless Gaming Headset
• $10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 or above

[quote name='mrclutch']I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I set my RZ account to cash me out for every $5 I earn. That way you never run into any problems. You can always find something over $5 to use it on. Whereas, I did run into a situation when I first joined the RZ where I had a $20 cert and had to add something I wasn't planning on buying just to put the total over $20.

I've used my last 2-3 RZ certificates before this latest one on either PSN cards or clearance games. If I only can find $8-9 of crap to buy with a $10 certificate, then I'll buy one of their overpriced sodas up by the registers.

Well I forgot how fucking hard games used to be. Played frontline on normal and gave up after 20 min, thanks A lot nostalgia goggles. Selling to amazon for a $1 profit

[quote name='Lightning War']Cost + 5%.[/QUOTE]

Thats what they tell you. Built into that "cost" price that they claim is still some profit along with the 5%. Before you ask for proof, I don't have any. I just have been told by other employees in the past. Its a good discount, especially on audio products, TVs, and accessories.

[quote name='Enuf']it's a free service provided to RZ silver members that can be called or emailed. I mainly use them when trying to hunt down a game/movie/item that's not in-stock near me. The service is damn good & they have "power" to work around issues + shipping isn't an issue whether store to store or home.

look under silver member benefits when you log in
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/about/silver/

Make shopping even easier
Shopping may be hectic for some, but not for Reward Zone® Premier Silver members. Take advantage of your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone.

Stay at home and leave the work to us. As a Reward Zone® Premier Silver member, you have access to your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone. We'll hook you up with great gift ideas for family and friends, and place your order at BestBuy.com® using your free standard shipping benefit¹.
Getting Personal Shopper is easy. Simply call 1-866-923-6190 or email [email protected] for immediate assistance. We're here to help from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.
Contact your Personal Shopper today – and remember to take advantage of other great Premier Silver perks like extra points for purchases and an extended 45 day return and exchange policy[/QUOTE]

I had one but he didn't help me much for simple things BEFORE the holidays (within the scope of the personal shopper), so I called and complained and they gave me some credit and I was as done with it lol (another personal shopper kinda helped me )

[quote name='shadowkast']Coupons didn't stack on top of the 20% when I tried. It was one or the other[/QUOTE]

fuck !!!!!!! I guess that means that I can't use the crysis 2, gears 3 and black ops coupons together in the b2g2 free can't I ? :(

[quote name='strait edge follower']fuck !!!!!!! I guess that means that I can't use the crysis 2, gears 3 and black ops coupons together in the b2g2 free can't I ? :([/QUOTE]

They've screwed b2g free deals b4 and since this is on used games, maybe they pay even less attention.

[quote name='nixmahn']They've screwed b2g free deals b4 and since this is on used games, maybe they pay even less attention.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I guess I could try my reliable bestbuy store. If the coupons do work together mabye my friends there can scan the gears 3 one from the mag so I could get a extra gears 3 for free

[quote name='strait edge follower']fuck !!!!!!! I guess that means that I can't use the crysis 2, gears 3 and black ops coupons together in the b2g2 free can't I ? :([/QUOTE]

You cant

[quote name='guardkitty']I had one but he didn't help me much for simple things BEFORE the holidays (within the scope of the personal shopper), so I called and complained and they gave me some credit and I was as done with it lol (another personal shopper kinda helped me )[/QUOTE]
I tried using a personal shopper a year or so ago and could not get through by phone and they never replied to email. I have not been or tried to be silver since.

Had to have my local BB redo my subscription as they didn't sign me up for unlocked access the first time. FYI if you don't see "Unlocked" on your receipt, they didn't do it right.

I used my $10 off used coupon today on Socom 4. The guy at the register gave me a hard time saying I can't get the 10% off used with it because that would be double dipping. In a more polite way, I pretty much said you're an idiot, just hit subtotal. And of course it took the 10% off, just like I knew it would. I hate the employees at my store. They all think they are the shit and know everything and they are almost always wrong. Anyway, got the game for $21 and some change including tax.

[quote name='nixmahn']They've screwed b2g free deals b4 and since this is on used games, maybe they pay even less attention.[/QUOTE]
I expect the usual B2G1 glitch to be in full effect come tomorrow, except maybe the last two(since it's B2G2) games may be free regardless of price. If so, then I plan on grabbing some $39.99-$44.99 PS3 games and some $8 PS2 games in a couple transactions.:D:evil:

[quote name='Shaimun']What is the b2g1 glitch?[/QUOTE]look one post up....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I expect the usual B2G1 glitch to be in full effect come tomorrow, except maybe the last two(since it's B2G2) games may be free regardless of price. If so, then I plan on grabbing some $39.99-$44.99 PS3 games and some $8 PS2 games in a couple transactions.:D:evil:[/QUOTE]

For anyone that's still holding on to the $20 coupon for GOW3 now might be a good time to use it. I was able to get it today for $11 + tax. The used price drop to $34.99 and I was able to get 10% off of the original price of $40. Also the used copy I got was still sealed, someone must've traded in a sealed copy. Just an FYI for anyone interested in the game.

[quote name='jr1016']For anyone that's still holding on to the $20 coupon for GOW3 now might be a good time to use it. I was able to get it today for $11 + tax. The used price drop to $34.99 and I was able to get 10% off of the original price of $40. Also the used copy I got was still sealed, someone must've traded in a sealed copy. Just an FYI for anyone interested in the game.[/QUOTE]

What's the 10% off from?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']What's the 10% off from?[/QUOTE]
For being a Gamers Club Unlocked. You get 10% off used games and 10% extra for trade ins. You could become a GC unlocked by subscribing to their magazine for $15, which is worth it because of all the coupons that comes with in each issue.

Sonuvabitch, I was just there today to pick up Medal of Honor.

Does the 10% off usually apply for the before coupon price, or is this time the exception to the rule?

hey guys, just a heads up. i think in-store B1G1 50% off on pre-owned games (under 19.99) is glitched. i bought green day rockband (7.99) and Ninja Gaiden II (9.99). after the discounts (B1G1 & GCU) my total came up to be 12.09 with Green Day Rockband at 7.19 and Ninja Gaiden II coming up as 4. As usual, YMMV and the B1G1 50% off isn't advertised in the Ad, only in store.

[quote name='DCpinoy']hey guys, just a heads up. i think in-store B1G1 50% off on pre-owned games (under 19.99) is glitched. i bought green day rockband (7.99) and Ninja Gaiden II (9.99). after the discounts (B1G1 & GCU) my total came up to be 12.09 with Green Day Rockband at 7.19 and Ninja Gaiden II coming up as 4. As usual, YMMV and the B1G1 50% off isn't advertised in the Ad, only in store.[/QUOTE] no it's not, do the math. Both games had the 10% taken off from the gamers club (ninja gaiden 10% discount taken off before the 50%). So yeah, your price is right where it should be

[quote name='shadowkast']no it's not, do the math. Both games had the 10% taken off from the gamers club (ninja gaiden 10% discount taken off before the 50%). So yeah, your price is right where it should be[/QUOTE]

Ninja Gaiden II was the higher priced game, yet the 50% off worked on it. What I was pointing out is that B1G1 is glitched so that the higher price game can be rung up second and thus be the one that gets 50% off.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Ninja Gaiden II was the higher priced game, yet the 50% off worked on it. What I was pointing out is that B1G1 is glitched so that the higher price game can be rung up second and thus be the one that gets 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, duh, my bad. The order you ring them up glitch they are notorious for ... Someone tell IATCG

[quote name='shadowkast']Ahhh, duh, my bad. The order you ring them up glitch they are notorious for ... Someone tell IATCG[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah. Its funny though, because they actually got it right with the last B2G2 on preowned and there wasn't a glitch.

[quote name='jr1016']For anyone that's still holding on to the $20 coupon for GOW3 now might be a good time to use it. I was able to get it today for $11 + tax. The used price drop to $34.99 and I was able to get 10% off of the original price of $40. Also the used copy I got was still sealed, someone must've traded in a sealed copy. Just an FYI for anyone interested in the game.[/QUOTE]

I am never going to learn my lesson...patience with all things CAG. I was there day one to be sure I got a copy at $16. Oh well it is "only" $5.

[quote name='doubledown']I hope gow3 drops more. These coupons are good for 2 months this time[/QUOTE]

This is why I am holding on to mine. Gears 3 can only go down between now and March.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Haha yeah. Its funny though, because they actually got it right with the last B2G2 on preowned and there wasn't a glitch.[/QUOTE]
Actually the one girl working at my closest BB said there was indeed a glitch during the B2G2, but that the employees were informed to not ring it up in the correct order to have the glitch work. Not a single person on CAG shared how said glitch worked if they figured it out either.:bomb: I tried both of the usual combinations(two expensive games first or last) and nothing happened.:cry:

But this is good news about the BOGO 50%, since you could technically buy a $44.99 pre-owned game for $22.50 then. Interesting.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually the one girl working at my closest BB said there was indeed a glitch during the B2G2, but that the employees were informed to not ring it up in the correct order to have the glitch work. Not a single person on CAG shared how said glitch worked if they figured it out either.:bomb: I tried both of the usual combinations(two expensive games first or last) and nothing happened.:cry:

But this is good news about the BOGO 50%, since you could technically buy a $44.99 pre-owned game for $22.50 then. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's interesting. But yeh this glitch is kind of weak. Its only for 20 and under games. But know who's, bestbuy might have fcked that up too.

My bro birthday is coming up so it might go down to another $5 by february (hopefully).

[quote name='DCpinoy']Oh that's interesting. But yeh this glitch is kind of weak. Its only for 20 and under games. But know who's, bestbuy might have fcked that up too.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I just read the '$19.99 or under' part.:cry::whistle2:# Oh well. I'll still try it if I'm near a BB when I go outta town for work tomorrow to see if it works on the higher priced games even if the signage specifies $19.99 or under.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I just read the '$19.99 or under' part.:cry::whistle2:# Oh well. I'll still try it if I'm near a BB when I go outta town for work tomorrow to see if it works on the higher priced games even if the signage specifies $19.99 or under.;)[/QUOTE]

nice, let us know how it works out.

Still waiting on my Jan issue to come in the mail. This will be the third issue not delivered if it doesn't come in. Already missed out on upgrading my account for free because of this before. Getting old...

[quote name='Os Money']if gears drop to 29.99 while the coupon is good, im going to jump. does anyone think the 34.99 price will go back up?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it....unless it is some sale price this week. I thought Dead Island used price went up before.

[quote name='BiggNick']Still waiting on my Jan issue to come in the mail. This will be the third issue not delivered if it doesn't come in. Already missed out on upgrading my account for free because of this before. Getting old...[/QUOTE]
Have you tried posting on the Best Buy forums to let them know about the issue?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Have you tried posting on the Best Buy forums to let them know about the issue?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, just post on cag and hope the problem fixes itself. I kid, I had to call the 800 number to get mine straightened out back in September. Issues are delivered on time now

Earth Defense Forced Insect Armageddon went from $14.99 to $17.99 for some reason, so used games can go back up in price. Def going to have to try out the glitch later today.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Have you tried posting on the Best Buy forums to let them know about the issue?[/QUOTE]

I placed a call about it to the 800 number but it turned into a 90 minute phone transfer clusterfuck . No one knew what they were doing, and as a former manager it was embarrassing that they had no clue about their products or what department handled what. Eventually the "supervisor" from India gave me a reference number (which turned out to be fake). They were suppose to call me back but never did. I'm probably not renewing anyways as I've hardly used the coupons and no stores around me have any used games besides Rockband/Guitar Hero (Tampa Bay area).

Not a very fair assumption Shadowkast 8-[

I think the next time I head into best buy I will subscribe to the @gamer mag, my question is, can I use best buy reward certificates to pay for the sub?

I thought it was weird but my 10% gcu didnt stack when i used the $20 coupon on a used crysis 2. I know my RZ account was scanned because the GCU discount was applied to my Gears 3 title.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']I think the next time I head into best buy I will subscribe to the @gamer mag, my question is, can I use best buy reward certificates to pay for the sub?[/QUOTE]of course, RZ certs are a payment just like cash.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Earth Defense Forced Insect Armageddon went from $14.99 to $17.99 for some reason, so used games can go back up in price. Def going to have to try out the glitch later today.[/QUOTE]

Did it work out for you?

[quote name='Enuf']of course, RZ certs are a payment just like cash.[/QUOTE]

They are better than cash as the amount that the RZ cert covers is not taxed as it is considered a direct amount of the price.

PM ACR to GS price ($30) + the use coupon = $20. seems like a pretty good deal to me! and you can trade it in for $28 ish if you use the 50% bonus if you preorder ff13.

bread's done
Back