Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Jan/Feb 12 issue) - WWE 12, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed

Foladar

CAGiversary!
Found it on their Facebook:

@Gamer Magazine Issue 16 - Jan/Feb 2012

Coupons ($120 worth) in this issue are:
• $10 off WWE '12 (PS3, X360, Wii)
• $15 off Medal of Honor (PS3, X360)
• $10 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3, X360)
• $15 off Pre-Owned Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Gears of War 3 (X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Crysis 2 (X360, PS3)
• $20 off Rocketfish Wired or Wireless Gaming Headset
• $10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 or above

[quote name='Romeo']Wait a second... Why in the fuck did you argue over the headset if you didn't even want it? You did it just to flip it... seriously?[/QUOTE]

You got it.

Was anyone able to get the new magazine in store? I joined about a month ago so I haven't got any of them through the mail yet. When I asked if they have the new one they looked at me like I was from mars or something.

I just signed up today and they gave me the dec issue. I'm hoping to go in and get the Jan/Feb issue too seeing as that's the one I should of gotten at sign up and because I probably won't get it in a timely fashion.

[quote name='neil1115']Was anyone able to get the new magazine in store? I joined about a month ago so I haven't got any of them through the mail yet. When I asked if they have the new one they looked at me like I was from mars or something.[/QUOTE]

I went to 2 different stores and both had the new mag. I just joined today to get the $5 MOH.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']I just signed up today and they gave me the dec issue. I'm hoping to go in and get the Jan/Feb issue too seeing as that's the one I should of gotten at sign up and because I probably won't get it in a timely fashion.[/QUOTE]

There is no Jan/Feb issue. The coupons last for two months this time.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There is no Jan/Feb issue. The coupons last for two months this time.[/QUOTE]
It is jan feb cover is mass effect 3
Coupons from december issue are also expired

Ugh you're right. I thought he meant he hoped to get the issue next month, as in Feb's issue, but you get them usually the month before, which is Jan, so I thought that is why he said Jan/Feb.

That's what I get for posting when I am sick.

[quote name='Romeo']Wait a second... Why in the fuck did you argue over the headset if you didn't even want it? You did it just to flip it... seriously?[/QUOTE]
As I said above, I did it to offset my out of pocket expenses for the games I grabbed today($5.29 for MOH, $40-ish for a used copy of RAGE n 2 used PS2 games).

Even if I make $30 on the thing I'll be happy.;) Actually I could probably sell my SOCOM Confrontation bundle that I got from Sears months ago piecemeal and get about $35-40 for the headset(official Sony one) from it, then just sell the game for $10 or so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As I said above, I did it to offset my out of pocket expenses for the games I grabbed today($5.29 for MOH, $40-ish for a used copy of RAGE n 2 used PS2 games).

Even if I make $30 on the thing I'll be happy.;) Actually I could probably sell my SOCOM Confrontation bundle that I got from Sears months ago piecemeal and get about $35-40 for the headset(official Sony one) from it, then just sell the game for $10 or so.[/QUOTE]

Aw man. Why would you dish out $40 for used Rage? It's half of that on Amazon ;__;

I basically worship your antics, IATCG. I look up to you. You're my hero. How could this happen? There has to be some kind of crazy reason I'm just not seeing.

[quote name='kvntwvlf']Aw man. Why would you dish out $40 for used Rage? It's half of that on Amazon ;__;

I basically worship your antics, IATCG. I look up to you. You're my hero. How could this happen? There has to be some kind of crazy reason I'm just not seeing.[/QUOTE]
I did get RAGE for like $28 after the 20% off on 2 or more used games promo stacked with my 10% from the Gamer's Club Unlocked.

So there is that. Besides which I had already tried using the B2G1 coupon about 4-6 times, each time hoping the damn B2G1 glitch would occur(last game is free no matter the price).

So that was the real reason I was trying to use the coupon yesterday.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I did get RAGE for like $28 after the 20% off on 2 or more used games promo stacked with my 10% from the Gamer's Club Unlocked.

So there is that. Besides which I had already tried using the B2G1 coupon about 4-6 times, each time hoping the damn B2G1 glitch would occur(last game is free no matter the price).

So that was the real reason I was trying to use the coupon yesterday.;)[/QUOTE]

hahaha I was jokin' around but it makes sense now. I didn't know about that glitch, is it still possible to work at all anymore?

[quote name='kvntwvlf']hahaha I was jokin' around but it makes sense now. I didn't know about that glitch, is it still possible to work at all anymore?[/QUOTE]
Its not a glitch ... the Gamer Unlocked additional 10% used discount stacks with all used deals, as far as I can tell.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I did get RAGE for like $28 after the 20% off on 2 or more used games promo stacked with my 10% from the Gamer's Club Unlocked.

So that was the real reason I was trying to use the coupon yesterday.;)[/QUOTE]

Or you could've got it 29.99 new today :/

[quote name='Kingmojo210']Or you could've got it 29.99 new today :/[/QUOTE]
True. But the sick part is I already had it new from Black Friday, when I used my B2G1 coupon on new games then.;) So I got it for around $20 then, but it was getting around $32-35 in credit to trade it back in about 2-3 days later so I got rid of it(like I did with Need For Speed: The Run too).

Although I did keep the sewer mission DLC voucher from the copy I traded back, so if I really get into the game then I can use that with my used copy I have now.;)

[quote name='xewndar1']anyone ever go to bestbuy and rip the coupon page out of the magazine and use them? lol just curious[/QUOTE]

I thought the magazine was free?

jumping on MoH at that price! Would get WWE 12 if it dropped a little in price. It was fun with the legends in it (Road Warriors, SCSA & such) but the controls were bad, the graphics weren't that good & didn't care of their storyline. WWE hasn't had a good game in years but I'm such a fan the games grow on me. I LOVED the WWE All-Stars game

I picked up a "Limited Edition" copy of MOH for the 360 on my lunch break earlier today. Looking forward to that Battlefield 3 beta... :lol:

wish my store had ps3 version of moh so i could get a copy for my grrl, oh well.
i might bribe a friend with a free copy if he goes and grabs a few at the other store down the street.
hey this might be a stupid question but has anyone tried the 10 off 30 preowned coupon w 20% off 2 games/+10% off? just thinkn you could get 2 $45 used games for 56/53+taxish? idk

[quote name='Velo214']wish my store had ps3 version of moh so i could get a copy for my grrl, oh well.
i might bribe a friend with a free copy if he goes and grabs a few at the other store down the street.
hey this might be a stupid question but has anyone tried the 10 off 30 preowned coupon w 20% off 2 games/+10% off? just thinkn you could get 2 $45 used games for 56/53+taxish? idk[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you've checked all possibilities but did you check the $19.99 bins? That's where I found my copy this morning.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I thought the magazine was free?[/QUOTE]
Not sure if you're serious?? But no it's not free

I had to go to two different stores to get MoH. One didn't have the game and the other didn't have the newest issue of Gamer, didn't want to look in the back to see if it actually was in and had no idea when they would be shipped in. The stores weren't far apart but still, would have been nice to get it at one store. It's funny how two different branches of one store can be so different.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I thought the magazine was free?[/QUOTE]

Magazines are $5 per issue, or $15 to join the Gamers Club Unlocked (discounts, extra trade-in, and a years worth of magazines)

I posted in the other thread. No, using a coupon cancels out the % bonus unfortunately[quote name='Velo214']wish my store had ps3 version of moh so i could get a copy for my grrl, oh well.
hey this might be a stupid question but has anyone tried the 10 off 30 preowned coupon w 20% off 2 games/+10% off? just thinkn you could get 2 $45 used games for 56/53+taxish? idk[/QUOTE]

since the coupons are good for two months, what are the odds gow3 drops cheaper than $40? I don't watch used games prices at best buy usually

thanks for the info OP, haven't gotten my magazine in the mail yet so the best buy worker let me use the in-store magazines for the coupons.

picked up Medal of Honor and got the last copy of Crysis 2 they had in store.

Was able to get them to scan a store copy of coupon for MoH since my sub. Just started and I probably won't get this issue in time. Manager had to ok it but it was no problem. My bestbuy game guy is awesome thanks Alex. South austin

[quote name='ger2396']Anybody own the rocketfish gaming headset? Is it worth $40?[/QUOTE]

I bought the rocketfish headset that was on sale Jan. 1 One day only. reg $70 on sale for $10.
I plan on returning it. That particular model was horrible. If all rocketfish headsets are similar quality I say its not worth your trouble.

I went to Bestbuy today and sadly I found out I was ban list for trade-ins. Oh well, I got what was coming to me I guess. I was buying GOW3, MOH, and Crysis 2 with my gamer coupons for them respectively. The cashier rang up all 3 at once and she scanned the coupons. The first coupon, which was for MOH rang up correctly and then the 20% was applied to Crysis 2 and GOW 3 for buying 2 pre-owned games. The other 2 coupons weren't able to be applied to the transaction so I just told her to make 3 separate transactions so I could use all 3 coupons.

[quote name='stoned99']Talking about coupons, I got my welcome packet last week, with coupons that expired 12/31/11. What a fucking joke !![/QUOTE]

Damn sorry to hear that. Have you tried contacting them about it?

I signed up for Unlocked on Jan 1 so obviously I haven't got a welocme packet. What coupons come with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking through my Holiday receipts I noticed that I never got $10 off L.A.Noire when the Game of the Year edition was on sale last month. Went in a couple days ago to get it adjusted and was told, "You got like $30($20 really) off already, so why would you get another $10?" Girl wouldn't budge. Called Best Buy's line, and they looked it over, then told me go in and get my $10. They've got my info at gtheir customer service counter.

[quote name='Shaimun']I went to Bestbuy today and sadly I found out I was ban list for trade-ins. Oh well, I got what was coming to me I guess. I was buying GOW3, MOH, and Crysis 2 with my gamer coupons for them respectively. The cashier rang up all 3 at once and she scanned the coupons. The first coupon, which was for MOH rang up correctly and then the 20% was applied to Crysis 2 and GOW 3 for buying 2 pre-owned games. The other 2 coupons weren't able to be applied to the transaction so I just told her to make 3 separate transactions so I could use all 3 coupons.[/QUOTE]
I purchised exactly the same games and the cashier did 3 transactions as well to use the 3 cupons, but also I noticed something else.

For the Gears of war 3 it rang only $16 + tax
$40 - $4(10% unlocked bonus) - $20 cupon = $16

For Crysis 2 it end up to be $7 + tax
$30 - $3 (10% unlocked bonus) - $20 cupon = $7

SWEET

[quote name='ivos']I purchised exactly the same games and the cashier did 3 transactions as well to use the 3 cupons, but also I noticed something else.

SWEET[/QUOTE]

Wow even better. I think something is wrong with my unlocked. I guess that's why I didn't get the 10% bonus.

[quote name='superman1077']I bought the rocketfish headset that was on sale Jan. 1 One day only. reg $70 on sale for $10.
I plan on returning it. That particular model was horrible. If all rocketfish headsets are similar quality I say its not worth your trouble.[/QUOTE]
For free(after $20 off coupon was applied) it ain't that bad.:razz:

Even at $5, I just couldn't bite on MoH, it was just such a bad game from what I remember playing in either the demo or a rental. I'll buy many games for a 5, but BB has made me more selective after getting Motorstorm Apocalypse for the same price last month. I guess I'm also spoiled when it comes to the used stuff because I can't find any used games that I would be justified in paying $30 used for in order to save $10. Maybe I'll grab gears for $16 though.

I loved MOH.

Short but great SP experience.

You guys will drop $5 on Brink and Duke yet you won't on MOH? MOH blows those games out of the water.

[quote name='ivos']I purchised exactly the same games and the cashier did 3 transactions as well to use the 3 cupons, but also I noticed something else.

SWEET[/QUOTE]

I was going to post same thing

[quote name='WV Matsui']I loved MOH.

Short but great SP experience.

You guys will drop $5 on Brink and Duke yet you won't on MOH? MOH blows those games out of the water.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you!

[quote name='darkasian']Looking through my Holiday receipts I noticed that I never got $10 off L.A.Noire when the Game of the Year edition was on sale last month. Went in a couple days ago to get it adjusted and was told, "You got like $30($20 really) off already, so why would you get another $10?" Girl wouldn't budge. Called Best Buy's line, and they looked it over, then told me go in and get my $10. They've got my info at gtheir customer service counter.[/QUOTE]

The $10 off @gamer coupon only applied to the vanilla L.A. Noire. The coupon was not intended for the recently introduced L.A. Noire Complete edition.

[quote name='finsfan0210']If i signed up now is it to late to get the coupons they are sending out now?[/QUOTE]

When you sign up, they give you the current issue right then, so you would get the set listed in the OP.

Now if you're referring to the coupons that have been mailed out that's being discussed in another thread, I have no idea. There seems to be a new batch with new expiration dates going out but whether that's only for those that signed up during a certain period or everyone remains to be seen. I would say that you would not get any of those unless they send them out again in a few months.

bread's done
Back