Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Jan/Feb 12 issue) - WWE 12, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed

Foladar

CAGiversary!
Found it on their Facebook:

@Gamer Magazine Issue 16 - Jan/Feb 2012

Coupons ($120 worth) in this issue are:
• $10 off WWE '12 (PS3, X360, Wii)
• $15 off Medal of Honor (PS3, X360)
• $10 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3, X360)
• $15 off Pre-Owned Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Gears of War 3 (X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Crysis 2 (X360, PS3)
• $20 off Rocketfish Wired or Wireless Gaming Headset
• $10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 or above

[quote name='cheapfrag']The $10 off @gamer coupon only applied to the vanilla L.A. Noire. The coupon was not intended for the recently introduced L.A. Noire Complete edition.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes more sense then. I went in today again to get my $10, but got shot down again still. "You saved $30 on the game. When it's that much, the coupon wont apply." She told me. Explained about last week's Warhammer game, and why it applied there. She was clueless. Vanilla edition makes sense, but do I let it go when their 888 representative said to go and get my $10?

[quote name='darkasian']Ah, that makes more sense then. I went in today again to get my $10, but got shot down again still. "You saved $30 on the game. When it's that much, the coupon wont apply." She told me. Explained about last week's Warhammer game, and why it applied there. She was clueless. Vanilla edition makes sense, but do I let it go when their 888 representative said to go and get my $10?[/QUOTE]
Of course you let it go.
It wasn't for the complete edition.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Went to go pick up MOH. Luckily I found a non-GH copy[/QUOTE]

I posted this earlier in this thread but I'll say it again. Check in the clearance bins for this. I noticed today in a different bin (there are 6 scattered around the store) they had a bunch of the limited editions in one, along with a bunch of greatest hits versions.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I posted this earlier in this thread but I'll say it again. Check in the clearance bins for this. I noticed today in a different bin (there are 6 scattered around the store) they had a bunch of the limited editions in one, along with a bunch of greatest hits versions.[/QUOTE]
I didn't bother to check the bins but I found a stack of like 8 MOH on the GH rack. I happened to notice 2 non red cases in the middle

So Beavercreek Ohio as of a couple hours ago still has 1 non-GH LE version left.

How do you tell if you are unlocked? My rewards zone still says I am a free member. I dont see anything saying unlocked on my subscription receipt.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I think my subscription is running out soon, I guess I'll have to renew it. Mise well so I can get Unlocked[/QUOTE]

All subscriptions without the free unlocked and 1 year subscription extension were after september. So i highly doubt your subscription is gonna run out anytime soon.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I think my subscription is running out soon, I guess I'll have to renew it. Mise well so I can get Unlocked[/QUOTE]

As long as you used the free unlocked voucher then the earliest it could expire is september

[quote name='Donut2922']All subscriptions without the free unlocked and 1 year subscription extension were after september. So i highly doubt your subscription is gonna run out anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
What is this 1 year extension?

I've gotten the magazine for a long time. Before unlocked even was announced. Back when all you got was the magazine.

I got it when it first started. By soon I don't mean in the next 2 months but I don't have a super long time left.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']What is this 1 year extension?

I've gotten the magazine for a long time. Before unlocked even was announced. Back when all you got was the magazine.

I got it when it first started. By soon I don't mean in the next 2 months but I don't have a super long time left.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember which month it was (July/August) but it was the month when the mag came in a plastic bag. Like the OXM mag does. That issue had a piece of paper included for a free unlocked membership and another year subscription.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I don't remember which month it was ( July/August) but it was the month when the mag came in a plastic bag. Like the OXM mag does. That issue had a piece of paper included for a free unlocked membership and another year subscription.[/QUOTE]
To be honest I probably threw that away without looking at it unfortunately.

I do remember that issue though

[quote name='Brother Daz']I don't remember which month it was (July/August) but it was the month when the mag came in a plastic bag. Like the OXM mag does. That issue had a piece of paper included for a free unlocked membership and another year subscription.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if I still have that one floating around here someplace. I know I've been giving my old issues to a buddy of mine who isn't a packrat like me and keeps every fuckin' thing till it finally gets in his way and he tosses it out.:lol:

I'll have to double check for that issue tomorrow. Hopefully I still have it and it actually did have the coupon/paper in it for the free shit.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wonder if I still have that one floating around here someplace. I know I've been giving my old issues to a buddy of mine who isn't a packrat like me and keeps every fuckin' thing till it finally gets in his way and he tosses it out.:lol:

I'll have to double check for that issue tomorrow. Hopefully I still have it and it actually did have the coupon/paper in it for the free shit.;)[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up, the piece of paper is not in the magazine. It's just one piece of paper that was in the plastic with the mag.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just a heads up, the piece of paper is not in the magazine. It's just one piece of paper that was in the plastic with the mag.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I don't even remember if I signed up for the Gamer's Club Unlocked/magazine before then. I think I signed up for it when I saw the thread on CAG about the Gamer's Club @ BB changing. Before then I was just buying issues whenever there was a decent coupon.

My local Best Buy (Store #227, Evansville IN) had around 5 copies of the Medal of Honor Limited Edition left, plus over 20 Greatest Hits copies. Limited Edition copies work with the coupon.

picked up MOH 360 for 5 bucks not too shabby, I will say that my local had like 30 + copies of Limited ed then bam down to one the rest replaced by reg ed , I know the beta is no big deal but extra weapons and such for mp nice lil bonus

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Some of these pre-owned coupons will be fantastic if they stack with the B2G2 pre-owned next week...[/QUOTE]

While coupons stack with sale prices it shouldnt when it comes to package deals. The ” solutions plus” discount will display on the receipt denoting one package deal (i.e. B2G2) so I doubt it.

I wonder if you could buy the games with the B2G2 next week, then go in and try to 'price match' the individual games(Black Ops, Crysis 2, etc) down via the coupons. That would be one way to try using the coupons with the B2G2.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wonder if you could buy the games with the B2G2 next week, then go in and try to 'price match' the individual games(Black Ops, Crysis 2, etc) down via the coupons. That would be one way to try using the coupons with the B2G2.;)[/QUOTE]

Or you could stop trying to take advantage of them and just either use the coupons or do b2g2 free. Hell of a concept.

[quote name='confoosious']Or you could stop trying to take advantage of them and just either use the coupons or do b2g2 free. Hell of a concept.[/QUOTE]
Or I could just buy them this week with the coupons and then see if I could get an adjustment to a B2G2 next week.;)

Then again, the only game I haven't played out of the ones with coupons for them in the @Gamer mag is Crysis 2. Although I had a copy of that that I traded someone who got in on the $.01 Amazon Warehouse games a buncha guides for. I shoulda just kept it, but making $30-ish in credit was too good to pass up versus playing the actual game.:booty:
[quote name='Donut2922']IATGC is Confoosious' favorite member :)[/QUOTE]
It's nice to be loved.;):D

As long as the current $15 off pre-owned Black Ops coupon stacks with the 20% off 2 or more pre-owned games AND the Gamer's Club Unlocked, you're looking at paying essentially $8 for BLOPS out the door after all discounts.

Not a bad deal and about what the COD series is really worth imo.:razz:

Coupons didn't stack on top of the 20% when I tried. It was one or the other[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As long as the current $15 off pre-owned Black Ops coupon stacks with the 20% off 2 or more pre-owned games AND the Gamer's Club Unlocked, you're looking at paying essentially $8 for BLOPS out the door after all discounts.

Not a bad deal and about what the COD series is really worth imo.:razz:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']Coupons didn't stack on top of the 20% when I tried. It was one or the other[/QUOTE]
Ah shit. There goes that plan then, huh? I wonder if I can argue that the coupons say they should work on sale prices(which they should actually). This is really getting annoying that they're doing one sale that negates the other or a coupon though. They've been doing this 20% off dealie for a couple of weeks now and it borked my B2G1 coupon every time I tried using it on pre-owned titles.:whistle2:#

[quote name='kinney_bmx']What is this 1 year extension?[/QUOTE]In the Sept. issue there was a free unlocked coupon which granted you a free upgrade to unlocked, it was their way of "softening" the blow of the program going from all free to paying $15 for unlocked. So if you already committed to them by paying $15 prior to the announcment this is the thank you.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I don't remember which month it was (July/August) but it was the month when the mag came in a plastic bag. Like the OXM mag does. That issue had a piece of paper included for a free unlocked membership and another year subscription.[/QUOTE]Sept.

[quote name='Lightning War']The nearest Best Buy to me that has Medal of Honor is 67 miles away. :([/QUOTE]if your RZ silver, contact the BB personal shopper & have them ship to store or discount the game itself according & ship to your home for free.

[quote name='Enuf'].

if your RZ silver, contact the BB personal shopper & have them ship to store or discount the game itself according & ship to your home for free.[/QUOTE]

What is BB personal shopper? Is this in-store or a corporate CS service that needs to be called in?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just a heads up, the piece of paper is not in the magazine. It's just one piece of paper that was in the plastic with the mag.[/QUOTE]

In any case, the coupon said it expired in October.

[quote name='Lightning War']It's a shame I'm not silver. I'm a Best Buy employee and we can't use our reward zone accounts with employee discounts so I likely won't be silver as long as I work there. Good idea though.[/QUOTE]

What is your discount 10% like Walmart?

[quote name='Donut2922']What is BB personal shopper? Is this in-store or a corporate CS service that needs to be called in?[/QUOTE]it's a free service provided to RZ silver members that can be called or emailed. I mainly use them when trying to hunt down a game/movie/item that's not in-stock near me. The service is damn good & they have "power" to work around issues + shipping isn't an issue whether store to store or home.

look under silver member benefits when you log in
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/about/silver/

Make shopping even easier
Shopping may be hectic for some, but not for Reward Zone® Premier Silver members. Take advantage of your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone.

Stay at home and leave the work to us. As a Reward Zone® Premier Silver member, you have access to your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone. We'll hook you up with great gift ideas for family and friends, and place your order at BestBuy.com® using your free standard shipping benefit¹.
Getting Personal Shopper is easy. Simply call 1-866-923-6190 or email [email protected] for immediate assistance. We're here to help from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.
Contact your Personal Shopper today – and remember to take advantage of other great Premier Silver perks like extra points for purchases and an extended 45 day return and exchange policy

Finally bit the bullet today and subscribed. He was able to give me the current issue and the previous issue for free along with my sub. Hopefully my first issue will be the March issue.

I received an email today saying I earned my first 5$ reward. Is that 5$ good on top of other coupons or deals?

[quote name='Althax']I received an email today saying I earned my first 5$ reward. Is that 5$ good on top of other coupons or deals?[/QUOTE] yes. Reward zone certificates are the same as cash, for the most part

[quote name='shadowkast']yes. Reward zone certificates are the same as cash, for the most part[/QUOTE]

Awesome!

[quote name='Althax']I received an email today saying I earned my first 5$ reward. Is that 5$ good on top of other coupons or deals?[/QUOTE]

Be sure you spend it all because you don't get change. Should be a prob with $5. :)Just FYI if you ever get a bigger value.

[quote name='mrclutch']Be sure you spend it all because you don't get change. Should be a prob with $5. :)Just FYI if you ever get a bigger value.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't be an issue, because you have to buy something that is worth more than the value of the RZ certificate. For example, you can't use a $10 RZ cert. on something that is $9.99 or less.

[quote name='dino88']That wouldn't be an issue, because you have to buy something that is worth more than the value of the RZ certificate. For example, you can't use a $10 RZ cert. on something that is $9.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.

bread's done
Back