Best Buy-Playstation 3D Display-$299.99 incl. glasses, HDMI, Motorstorm Apocalypse

Until when is this deal and is it in stores? I tried searching if it is available in stores by searching but it doesn't work. It doesn't have option to watch cable TV or Direct TV huh?

[quote name='ripoffer']Until when is this deal and is it in stores? I tried searching if it is available in stores by searching but it doesn't work. It doesn't have option to watch cable TV or Direct TV huh?[/QUOTE]

the weakly add lists it for 399, so nobody nows. You can watch cable or direct tv on it as long as you have an external box, you just cannot directly hook the cable wire to the monitor.

Wow, so it does play DirectTV which has a cable box. Now I have to make my younger brother choose between his Zelda 3DS limited system (i have my own which i'm using now to type) or this Sony 3DTV.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I got Best Buy to price match guarantee the display I bought last Sunday. I got $106 back (includes MD tax). :D Those who already purchased the display, I recommend that. Definitely an awesome display.

The screen definitely does not feel small at all.[/QUOTE]

What do you like about it pros cons and what were you using before?

[quote name='gepet0']With me I have been looking to upgrade my computer monitor which I basically use for browsing and vids. It sits next to my samsung 540 40 in which is about 2 years old. Still has a nice picture. Swapping cables back and forth might be a pain. LOL Does Best buy have a display running? Also most people nowadays have flat screens or some sort of Hd so if they like it I am assuming they have an HDtv plus the 299 price point lets me dabble in 3d without blowing a wad.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to replace my PC monitor which is next to my 40" Sony LCD in my man-cave. My current monitor is only 19" so this would be a nice upgrade in size for my PC needs. Having no tuner or remote is not an issue for me. The 3D capabilities would just be icing on the cake. The only concern I have is that swapping cables back and forth might be a pain. I guess I could use an HDMI selector. Anyways, I think this will drop more in price. I might bite if

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking to replace my PC monitor which is next to my 40" Sony LCD in my man-cave. My current monitor is only 19" so this would be a nice upgrade in size for my PC needs. Having no tuner or remote is not an issue for me. The 3D capabilities would just be icing on the cake. The only concern I have is that swapping cables back and forth might be a pain. I guess I could use an HDMI selector. Anyways, I think this will drop more in price. I might bite if

n[quote name='gepet0']LOL I know for me this is worse than the show the real deal. I was tempted at 399.99 now 299. I'm stuttering. Realistically how much lower can it go?

The tab at bb website said hot price will it go back to 399.99 and then we have to wait? Do you think this is clearing some stock or a soon univeral price drop?[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. I'm still on the fence at $300 so I'll wait for now. The price on this has been tanking so I still think there's a good chance it will go down some more - even during a temporary sale. I say if you're really interested, might as well take the plunge. You can always use the price match guarantee at BB if it drops in price during the holidays. I think the extended guarantee is Jan. 24 or around that date.

I'm bought one earlier this week and have been happy with it so far. I use it in my office to play the PS3 while in boring meetings ;)

I'm concerned about using my one price match as it seems likely the price will drop or a sale will hit again before my return window closes. I think I might do a return re-buy on it to get the $299 with the $25 GC and leave myself the option to pricematch later.

bought it, I doubt it'll go any lower but BB's has their price match guarantee, and Discover Card giving 10% back so its a pretty good deal

I just got back from bestbuy. Got the display but got shut down on the 25 dollar reward zone gift card. The manager said its excluded because 1.) it's on sale 2.) it's excluded because it says on the coupon all monitors are excluded. Still happy with my purchase though.

[quote name='DonWii']Does it work with any SplitScreen PS3 game? Or just the four they mention on the site?[/QUOTE]

Only the four listed games so far and you must buy a second pair of glasses.

[quote name='RayMustachio']I just got back from bestbuy. Got the display but got shut down on the 25 dollar reward zone gift card. The manager said its excluded because 1.) it's on sale 2.) it's excluded because it says on the coupon all monitors are excluded. Still happy with my purchase though.[/QUOTE]

The debate weather it's a monitor vs tv continues

[quote name='Namerson']The debate weather it's a monitor vs tv continues[/QUOTE]

Earlier I was told that it was Video Game Hardware and was shut down. Take your pick, but good luck to everyone trying to get the additional $25.

[quote name='KevinMassacre']Yes. That is why I'm buying this. I am using it as a second display for my MacBook pro in my office, plus to scratch the small 3d gaming itch I have.[/QUOTE]

Exact same reason I'm using it. It'll be used as a PC monitor in my office and will probably hook up my second ps3 to it also perhaps.

Two questions; if I buy this now, will Best Buy price match if they drop the price again before the end of January?

Second, slightly off topic...I'd like to hook my Macbook Pro laptop up to this, but I can't figure out how. What product do I need to do so?

Thanks!

[quote name='UltimoFatty']Two questions; if I buy this now, will Best Buy price match if they drop the price again before the end of January?

Second, slightly off topic...I'd like to hook my Macbook Pro laptop up to this, but I can't figure out how. What product do I need to do so?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes you have 30 days(45 for premier silver) to price match any further drop in the future.

Don't know about the Mac, never used one so I don't know it's outputs.

[quote name='Sonne']Wow...I think I may pull the trigger on this. Though at this point no one can rule out this getting down to $200...[/QUOTE]If your getting a $100 RZ cert for the 5 for $100 it's down to your price

[quote name='Abeja']Man if I had my $100 cert, this would be very tempting.[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='mr_bungle']I have a 55" 3D tv for my PS3/Blu-Ray/360...how is this?[/QUOTE]Here's a link there's alot of good chatter about the quality & such
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296541

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']tempting...very tempting...but STILL a little too expensive. 199 would do it for me. But if I walk into a Best Buy tomorrow and find that this is in-store as well...I dont know what Ill do...[/QUOTE]BB pm's BB.com all their deals can be pm'd unless it says "online only"

[quote name='scottman']If a lower price comes before Jan 24th, I'm safe. You can't do that with amazon.[/QUOTE]Hopefully your RZ silver too since I could see another deal on this near the superbowl since all the TV's will be on sale & they could blanket this in too. Wonder if their will be 3D commercials.

[quote name='ripoffer']Until when is this deal and is it in stores?[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='dagarcia2678']
I'm concerned about using my one price match as it seems likely the price will drop or a sale will hit again before my return window closes. I think I might do a return re-buy on it to get the $299 with the $25 GC and leave myself the option to pricematch later.[/QUOTE]You can do multiple pm's w/i the timeframe.

[quote name='UltimoFatty']Two questions; if I buy this now, will Best Buy price match if they drop the price again before the end of January?
[/QUOTE]yep

Whoever buys this as a PC monitor for gaming. Let us know how it is! I'm interested in it but for PC gaming it doesn't look like it's getting very good reviews.

if only it was a 32" and not 1080p (dont want my game res stretching to fit the screen). Looks like Ill be getting a 32" Panasonic Viera TC-L32C3 720p. Got the IPS Alpha Panel and it's the best for gaming with little input lag(not to be confused with response time). Only $313 :)

tax is around $26......how is that brutal? :) I spent $20 for dinner last night and I have nothing to show for it except for a jacked up stomach.

[quote name='spicoli420']tax is around $26......how is that brutal? :) I spent $20 for dinner last night and I have nothing to show for it except for a jacked up stomach.[/QUOTE]
Got me a case of the Bubble guts also. Ha!

[quote name='spicoli420']tax is around $26......how is that brutal? :) I spent $20 for dinner last night and I have nothing to show for it except for a jacked up stomach.[/QUOTE]

And a broken toilet

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I would love to get one if these to play Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

Gears 3 has the most polished 3D of any game ive seen so far.

[quote name='H3YN0W']All over this if AMZN matches, tax @ BB is brutal.[/QUOTE]

I am with you on this one. I absolutly despise sales tax. I dont care if its 26 bucks or 2.60. I can think of a lot of things I would rather spend 26 bucks on that giving it to the government. Its just one tax after another. Property tax, income tax, business tax, payroll tax, capital gains tax, sales tax. Just one f'ing tax after another. So again, I am right with ya. I do everything in my power to avoid sales tax when possible. Oh yeah, same with that BS capital gains tax as well. Gotta love those pawn shops!!

I noticed on CAG a few days ago it dropped to $399 and was walking through BB this morning and saw it at $299 and was shocked. I guess the $500 3DTV for ...college kids...didn't work out as well as it was supposed too.

The BB in Sterling, VA has at least 4 left.

Whoever buys this as a PC monitor for gaming. Let us know how it is! I'm interested in it but for PC gaming it doesn't look like it's getting very good reviews.

I stood there for like 15 minutes trying to look up reviews for PC usage, but it doesn't sound that great. Decent picture, but Nvidia doesn't plan to support it for 3D and since it is a TV you don't get the added benefit of 120hz refresh rate.

For that price, I just decided to just pick up one of the cheaper Acer 3D monitors (23.6 inch, 1920x1080p, 120hz refresh rate; ~$300-320 on Amazon)

[quote name='Gkage']if only it was a 32" and not 1080p (dont want my game res stretching to fit the screen). Looks like Ill be getting a 32" Panasonic Viera TC-L32C3 720p. Got the IPS Alpha Panel and it's the best for gaming with little input lag(not to be confused with response time). Only $313 :)[/QUOTE]

lol wtf are you even posting in this thread for? That tv is a POS and its more expensive.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Ugh, its only 24" and needs glasses. Pass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah give me one of those non glasses 3d displays too please

So can you user this for the 100 ps3 deal?

It's shocking to me how many people complain about the size of this. It's not meant for the living room where you sit 8 feet away from it. If that's what you're after, there are plenty of options for you.

A: My Ferrari isn't good off road.
B: That's not what it's meant for.
A: ...Well they should have more options! fuck Ferrari!

Great product! But 24" is dame small. I may consider it if the price is closer to $200, but not even at $299. The thing looks like a bigger Ipad I tell ya!

Sony really need to make a 32" 3D version, and include 2 pairs of active glasses for $299. Then they will have a winner. I guarantee it.

[quote name='Investor']Great product! But 24" is dame small. I may consider it if the price is closer to $200, but not even at $299. The thing looks like a bigger Ipad I tell ya!

Sony really need to make a 32" 3D version, and include 2 pairs of active glasses for $299. Then they will have a winner. I guarantee it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in a couple years they could do that, but any 32" 1080p 3D display is going to run you atleast $500 to $600 today and that's not including the 1 pair of glasses, let alone 2 pairs and a game.

Interesting about the Gears 3...I haven't even hooked up my Xbox yet to this thing to check out the 3D stuff they have (Halo CE, etc..). I thought that since their 3D isn't stereoscopic, it would look like crap.

I just picked this up out of sheer curiosity, and it's going right back to the store.

I'll be brief here...

First I'll start with the good parts. The design is fantastic. It slots together in seconds, and is just as easy to take apart. It looks lovely, and is very slim.

And now the bad... First, 5-7 stuck pixels (most of them green or blue - I lost count...) is not a good start. Also several nice little chunks of dust/dirt under the glass did not further my belief that this was going to end well.

I played Super Stardust 3D and it looked pretty nice, actually. Not much ghosting etc and just a pretty pleasant experience.

Then, I played Motorstorm Apocalypse. Wow. I'm just not even sure why people like playing this in 3D. The amount of ghosting and shimmering just did my head in. It looked TERRIBLE. Now bear in mind I actually like the 3D tech. I have a decent home theatre setup with 4K AT material and a 3D projector (Panasonic 7000 series), so I do understand 3D to some degree and what it "should look like" (subjective, of course). And I'm sure the problem is the software. But in my belief Motorstorm is not playable in 3D. My eyes were just bleeding.

Lastly, if you have windows and no light blocking, good luck playing in 3D. The brightness drop-off (typical of any 3D setup currently) is just not conducive to rooms where you've got a lot of light, so bear this in mind.

For $299, I suppose it's not terrible. But the quality control is awfully reminiscent of the first PSP release, with stuck pixels everywhere. I'm not going to bother exchanging it since I'm pretty sure chances are the next one will be similar.

It's DEFINITELY not worth more than $300, that's for sure.

And for those wondering, your Panasonic 3D glasses won't work on this TV. I tried my generation 3 active shutter Panasonics, and they no worky. :(

PS The sound sucks, but that's to be expected. :D

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I am with you on this one. I absolutly despise sales tax. I dont care if its 26 bucks or 2.60. I can think of a lot of things I would rather spend 26 bucks on that giving it to the government. Its just one tax after another. Property tax, income tax, business tax, payroll tax, capital gains tax, sales tax. Just one f'ing tax after another. So again, I am right with ya. I do everything in my power to avoid sales tax when possible. Oh yeah, same with that BS capital gains tax as well. Gotta love those pawn shops!![/QUOTE]

Looking forward to all online retailers being forced to collect tax from every single purchase that way we can get rid of the stupid comments like the above from Tax Evaders.

[quote name='grrouchie']Looking forward to all online retailers being forced to collect tax from every single purchase that way we can get rid of the stupid comments like the above from Tax Evaders.[/QUOTE]

I love it when Americans complain about taxes when ours are pretty damn low all things considered... With all the cuts to schools around here because of low tax revenue I'm thinking they need to be higher.

Anyway, back on topic... With the stories of low quality and apparently that coupon not working I guess I won't risk angering my family by heading out and trying to get one of these today. I'll wait for it to get cheaper or for a coupon that works. It would be somewhat of a pain to use in our house anyway because we'd have to switch the HDMI cable from the big TV to this whenever we wanted to do the 3D thing and it would probably have to go back and forth all the time (like multiple times per day). That just isn't convenient. Plus we don't really have a spot for it - though we could work something out. It is easier (not to mention cheaper) just to not get it at this time ;).

[quote name='io']I love it when Americans complain about taxes when ours are pretty damn low all things considered... With all the cuts to schools around here because of low tax revenue I'm thinking they need to be higher.

Anyway, back on topic... With the stories of low quality and apparently that coupon not working I guess I won't risk angering my family by heading out and trying to get one of these today. I'll wait for it to get cheaper or for a coupon that works. It would be somewhat of a pain to use in our house anyway because we'd have to switch the HDMI cable from the big TV to this whenever we wanted to do the 3D thing and it would probably have to go back and forth all the time (like multiple times per day). That just isn't convenient. Plus we don't really have a spot for it - though we could work something out. It is easier (not to mention cheaper) just to not get it at this time ;).[/QUOTE]

The problem in America is the people who work and are responsible get taxed on just about everything. Property taxes just recently went up big time in my area, despite the value of the housing market being in the toilet.....makes a lot of sense. The other part of this problem is so many Americans don't work and take advantage of the government to pay their bills. Some single women have babies just to get out of having to work and let the government house and feed them and their bastard children. America is broken on so many levels and our leadership is worthless.

I scooped it up. The tech demo at the best buy wasn't the best it was motorstorm and some others. I went to the larger tv with the glasses and it seemed nice. They had a uncharted demo and shadow of the col demo along with the smurf 3d. If I get that experience I would be happy. So I will let you all know.

I love it!! I didn't need this in the slightest since I already have a 51" 3d tv, but this is like a big 3D PSP on my nightstand!! wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't hesitate, buy it!

Just bought it today. Played WoW and Battlefield 3 for PC for a little bit, and they looked really good. Only thing that I don't like is that when you are leaning to a side part of the screen looks a little dark. Hard to explain, but not a big issue.

[quote name='grrouchie']Looking forward to all online retailers being forced to collect tax from every single purchase that way we can get rid of the stupid comments like the above from Tax Evaders.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight and 100% proud of it. You may enjoy giving your money to an utterly corrupt and inept government but I do not. I pay almost 50% of my income in taxes. Meanwhile companies like Exxon, who profit in the billions, dont pay a single penny. Its a joke, period.

I AM A TAX EVADER!

[quote name='Gkage']if only it was a 32" and not 1080p (dont want my game res stretching to fit the screen). Looks like Ill be getting a 32" Panasonic Viera TC-L32C3 720p. Got the IPS Alpha Panel and it's the best for gaming with little input lag(not to be confused with response time). Only $313 :)[/QUOTE]
That's the same tv I bought on Black Friday. Be warned though that there may be a lil 'noise' that manifests on the screen as a line of pixels when shutting down a PS3 if you leave the tv on while doing so. It's happened to me about 4-6 times on either side of the screen at the top since I bought it.
[quote name='Mikocouch']lol wtf are you even posting in this thread for? That tv is a POS and its more expensive.[/QUOTE]
Some of us are still gaming on a budget ya know.:razz: But the last time I checked 32" was bigger than 24".:booty: fuck 3-D. Only time I tried it it gave me a massive migraine after 20 minutes, so it's not a big deal for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back