Best Buy-Playstation 3D Display-$299.99 incl. glasses, HDMI, Motorstorm Apocalypse

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The problem in America is the people who work and are responsible get taxed on just about everything. Property taxes just recently went up big time in my area, despite the value of the housing market being in the toilet.....makes a lot of sense. The other part of this problem is so many Americans don't work and take advantage of the government to pay their bills. Some single women have babies just to get out of having to work and let the government house and feed them and their bastard children. America is broken on so many levels and our leadership is worthless.[/QUOTE]

And this is why a Sony 3DTV is $299 at Best Buy.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Damn straight and 100% proud of it. You may enjoy giving your money to an utterly corrupt and inept government but I do not. I pay almost 50% of my income in taxes. Meanwhile companies like Exxon, who profit in the billions, dont pay a single penny. Its a joke, period.

I AM A TAX EVADER![/QUOTE]

I'm not going to argue that the government is not corrupt and inept, but if you had kids and they had to deal with the cuts that are inevitably coming, I don't think you'd be so happy about what your doing.

Plus, ever heard of double taxation? All corporations in the US are subject to it. Even if Exxon paid $0 in corporate taxes, the shareholders will pay tax at the individual income level on those earnings, all in all most likely those earnings will be taxed at a much greater rate than what you pay on your individual return.

Plus after doing a slight level of research your way off base that Exxon paid $0 in taxes. They average 29% of their profit in taxes because they use deductions, much like I expect you use deductions on your revenue. They paid near $0 in 2009 because they overpaid in 2008. But you conveniently leave that out. I mean I'm sure you never ask for a refund the following year right? Oh that's right, big bad companies, can't tax them enough.

[quote name='smallsharkbigbite']I'm not going to argue that the government is not corrupt and inept, but if you had kids and they had to deal with the cuts that are inevitably coming, I don't think you'd be so happy about what your doing.

Plus, ever heard of double taxation? All corporations in the US are subject to it. Even if Exxon paid $0 in corporate taxes, the shareholders will pay tax at the individual income level on those earnings, all in all most likely those earnings will be taxed at a much greater rate than what you pay on your individual return.[/QUOTE]

What I am doing? First of all I am one of the people getting screwed the hardest the way the US tax code is set up. Again, I am almost paying 50% in taxes. That's more than most are paying in the US so spare me the speech about what I am doing. I am getting robbed blind in taxes. So if I can cut a few corners here and there, especially if those corners are perfectly legal, that is exactly what I am going to do and I wont feel an ounce of guilt about it.

Second, I do have kids. My son just turned 11 years old last month. It doesn't change anything in regards to how I feel about what I am doing. In fact, it makes me want to do it just that much more as my wife and I have lots of different investments going on for my son. The more money I have, the more I can put towards his future.

I am well aware of the US tax system, its doesn't change anything. The system is so corrupt and broken that....well, again I have no problem looking for every loophole that I can. Yes, Exxon still pays certain taxes but they wind up paying significantly less than the average American, percentage wise. It should be the other way around.

[quote name='io']I love it when Americans complain about taxes when ours are pretty damn low all things considered... [/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. Mine aren't low....all things considered.

CAG derails are the best! This tv is stupid and not really a tv in the first place and needs to be at least $50 cheaper before it's a good deal.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The problem in America is the people who work and are responsible get taxed on just about everything. Property taxes just recently went up big time in my area, despite the value of the housing market being in the toilet.....makes a lot of sense. The other part of this problem is so many Americans don't work and take advantage of the government to pay their bills. Some single women have babies just to get out of having to work and let the government house and feed them and their bastard children. America is broken on so many levels and our leadership is worthless.[/QUOTE]

Except all that money the government gives out to welfare recipients gets spent, so really the government is just supporting local business. And also that was a horribly misogynist thing you said. Women are not what's wrong with 'Merica.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Women are not what's wrong with 'Merica.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Not in the least. To me the worst thing wrong with this country is how we're catering to the latest wave of (illegal) immigrants to come here. Everything's multifuckinglingual anymore, so it gives them even more of an excuse to not learn fuckin' English. Welcome to Mexamerica.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nope. Not in the least. To me the worst thing wrong with this country is how we're catering to the latest wave of (illegal) immigrants to come here. Everything's multifuckinglingual anymore, so it gives them even more of an excuse to not learn fuckin' English. Welcome to Mexamerica.[/QUOTE]

i agree :applause:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nope. Not in the least. To me the worst thing wrong with this country is how we're catering to the latest wave of (illegal) immigrants to come here. Everything's multifuckinglingual anymore, so it gives them even more of an excuse to not learn fuckin' English. Welcome to Mexamerica.[/QUOTE]

Glad the concept of the melting pot is alive and well.

[quote name='psunami']Glad the concept of the melting pot is alive and well.[/QUOTE]
:roll:fuck the melting pot. IMO it's melted into a puddle n oozed through the cracks into the sewers.

I don't mind the non speakers as much as I once did, cept when I have to go to a grocery store and I say 'excuse me' 90x when they're yammering in Spanish in the middle of the fuckin' aisle to each other and they don't move cuz they don't speak/understand English. Then on top of everything since they don't speak English they just run me over with their cart and expect me to move without this thing called common courtesy and manners being used.

The whole point of coming here is for a better life, but we shouldn't have to completely kowtow to their beliefs and learn THEIR language.

They're here in our country, where a good portion of the population speaks ENGLISH. Either assimilate or get bent imo.

[quote name='psunami']Glad the concept of the melting pot is alive and well.[/QUOTE]

The people who came into the "melting pot" during that era came here legally and learned the fucking language.

3d is dumb but the price on this is pretty good. Still not going to get it though. And too the people complaining about people not paying taxes on Amazon fuck you. I'm not against paying taxes but it does save quite a bit of money on bigger purchases. And you are better off using your money as kindling than giving it to the government right now anyway.

[quote name='grrouchie']Looking forward to all online retailers being forced to collect tax from every single purchase that way we can get rid of the stupid comments like the above from Tax Evaders.[/QUOTE]

I live in Delaware so this isn't an issue for me but very few people in this country are evading taxes.

ok anyways back on topic...does anyone know how long this sale is going to be? I would like to transfer some funds to my credit card so i can get 10% back (pretty much paying off tax) but i feel like it is going to end soon so i might just buy it...

[quote name='media_wonder']ok anyways back on topic...does anyone know how long this sale is going to be? I would like to transfer some funds to my credit card so i can get 10% back (pretty much paying off tax) but i feel like it is going to end soon so i might just buy it...[/QUOTE]

The sign in store said the $299 price runs through Saturday, December 24th.

Btw thIs is a deal thread and not a these about taxes, mOve along people... I just bought the display yesterday and for PMed today.

My Best Buy had AT LEAST 30 of these still on the floor. I talked to the gaming guy, and he said they had only sold one today at the new, clearly advertised, $299 price; and that they still have more in the back.

No way this doesn't hit $199 in the next month. I'll grab one then.

[quote name='mattcube64']My Best Buy had AT LEAST 30 of these still on the floor. I talked to the gaming guy, and he said they had only sold one today at the new, clearly advertised, $299 price; and that they still have more in the back.

No way this doesn't hit $199 in the next month. I'll grab one then.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting on this too!!

Just returned my $85 BF TV so I can buy this for cheap later.

I hope you're right about the $199 (heck, I'm willing to bite at $250). Anyone who bought this display, let us know what you think! I'm passing up this deal... for now.

Yeah, I can wait for the $199 or so price.

This thing has been a flop. It's sad too, because I think the SimulView is a really good idea. It's just the size and price turned so many people off initially, and the size is still an issue at this price. It's still available online when usually, on slickdeals, things like this go out of stock in hours.

I have numerous PS3 games that have the 3D stamp on them, but just can't justify $299 for a computer monitor (basically) even with 3D and the Sony brand.
But $199, yeah that's gonna sell a whole lot better.

Well I was just at BB and I gotta say...24 inches is smalllllll lol. I have a 27 inch in my room right now...but man oh man...this display is pretty tiny at least imo. It would still work great as a monitor though. But now Im definitely waiting till 199.

This will definitely hit $199, guys. Just don't buy it until then. There are plenty of them in stock, and my local Best Buy hasn't sold a single one since it came out.

I think I'd bite at $199 as well. I have so much unused 3d content. Maybe I'll throw it in the bedroom and give my 32" to the folks. Then later upgrade my projector to 3d

i think 199 is a little bit of unrealistic wishful thinking, it comes with a game, glasses and high speed hdmi cable. I could maybe see 250 at some point, but 199 just seems too low to me because of the extras.

[quote name='caltab']i think 199 is unrealistic wishful thinking, it comes with a game, glasses and high speed hdmi cable. I could maybe see 250 at some point, but 199 just seems to low to me because of the extras.[/QUOTE]

Considering it hasn't been out that long, I think saying it would drop to 300 would have been unrealistic when it came out, yet here we are. $199 is a very realistic price point for something that hasn't been selling very well. I too would bite at this price since I have 20+ games that are 3d, as well as a blu ray or two. I am currently using a 32" bravia in my bedroom, so it isn't that big of a drop in size for me personally.

[quote name='caltab']i think 199 is a little bit of unrealistic wishful thinking, it comes with a game, glasses and high speed hdmi cable. I could maybe see 250 at some point, but 199 just seems to low to me because of the extras.[/QUOTE]

It's been out for like two months; and since then, I think my local Best Buy has sold less than five units. Today, it drops to $299; and my store sold one, they're still available online, and everyone on this site and Slickdeals agrees it's still a bit high.

I think they'll go pretty quick at $199; but it'll definitely go that low.

EDIT: Also, these things take up quite a bit of spcae; and if we've learned anything from large CEs, is that they plummet in price...*FAST*.

when I was at best buy today the stack of them was way smaller than it was yesterday and I saw 2 other people buying them. they are starting to sell at this price. there is a significant number of people both here and on slickdeals buying them at this price. Also, I dont think target carries them in store, they'de be the most likely place you would have seen them at a clearance price. Best Buy and Ebgames are far less likely to cut the price so drastically. This thread reached 8 pages in less than a day, the other threads were much slower moving even when on the front page. There is interest at this price.

For a 300 monitor, the packaging is actually pretty small. So that reasoning doesnt really hold. I think you are more likely to see a package deal with a ps3 than a 200 price alone. Like 400 for ps3 and display.

[quote name='caltab']i think 199 is a little bit of unrealistic wishful thinking, it comes with a game, glasses and high speed hdmi cable. I could maybe see 250 at some point, but 199 just seems too low to me because of the extras.[/QUOTE]
While the game and glasses may account for $70-100 in value, you can buy an HDMI cable that can do 3-D just about anywhere for $1-5 nowadays. So there's no value added in that.

This just seems like the HP Touchpad all over again, where they didn't market it worth a crap online or on tv(I haven't seen very many ads for this display) and just expected it to sell at full MSRP on name recognition alone.

However, I think that consumers are getting smarter and realizing that not everything name brand is worth the overinflated prices that companies slap on them. Let's face it, everything is made in frickin' China nowadays, so calling one thing 'quality' while another item 'crap' even when they were both likely made in a sweatshop in Beijing is laughable at best.

[quote name='caltab']when I was at best buy today the stack of them was way smaller than it was yesterday and I saw 2 other people buying them. they are starting to sell at this price. there is a significant number of people both here and on slickdeals buying them at this price. Also, I dont think target carries them in store, they'de be the most likely place you would have seen them at a clearance price. Best Buy and Ebgames are far less likely to cut the price so drastically. This thread reached 8 pages in less than a day, the other threads were much slower moving even when on the front page. There is interest at this price.

For a 300 monitor, the packaging is actually pretty small. So that reasoning doesnt really hold. I think you are more likely to see a package deal with a ps3 than a 200 price alone. Like 400 for ps3 and display.[/QUOTE]

Alright; fair enough. I still stand by the notion that these will drop lower. You're right, they may not. And they certainly won't be as easy to get at a lower price. But for me, and a lot of people in this thread, $299 is still a bit high for our tastes. Not saying it's a bad monitor - not at all. I'd just feel more comfortable waiting.

Sony isn't one to dump prices due to low sales think about the ps3 while retailers are another story. During the holidays everything is fair game even new releases or AAA releases like Uncharted 3 and the like. The fact that this thread continues with speculation about future prices is pretty dumb.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Sony isn't one to dump prices due to low sales think about the ps3 while retailers are another story. During the holidays everything is fair game even new releases or AAA releases like Uncharted 3 and the like. The fact that this thread continues with speculation about future prices is pretty dumb.[/QUOTE]
But that was more a case of Sony shooting themselves in the foot to push Blu-Ray on the consumer masses as the next thing they "need". Not to mention they went over the top with their specs and power for the system as opposed to following the typical hardware manufacturer tradition of giving a slight upgrade versus the prior console to their 'next gen' system.

I certainly could've done with a slightly upgraded PS2 that they slapped the name PS3 on if it would've meant the system would only cost $100-125 over what their prior system did. Of course, I probably still would've waited till it was $150-200 to buy it or until I had a ton of credit I made from flipping to get it cheaper just like I did when I bought the 40gb PS3 for $400 in 2008.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']While the game and glasses may account for $70-100 in value, you can buy an HDMI cable that can do 3-D just about anywhere for $1-5 nowadays. So there's no value added in that.[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking the game/cable/glasses were only worth closer to 50 bucks (at least to me), thats why I said I could see 250 but not 200. If this monitor bundle were to sell at 199, it'd be like getting the display for 150. Are there any 23 led 3d monitors on the market for 150 bucks, regardless of brand name? If it drops to 250 outside the price adjustment period, I am ok with it, thats a price I am willing to pay to open this up xmas morning.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But that was more a case of Sony shooting themselves in the foot to push Blu-Ray on the consumer masses as the next thing they "need". Not to mention they went over the top with their specs and power for the system as opposed to following the typical hardware manufacturer tradition of giving a slight upgrade versus the prior console to their 'next gen' system.

I certainly could've done with a slightly upgraded PS2 that they slapped the name PS3 on if it would've meant the system would only cost $100-125 over what their prior system did.[/QUOTE]

I think Nintendo has show that that best strategy.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Sony isn't one to dump prices due to low sales think about the ps3 while retailers are another story. During the holidays everything is fair game even new releases or AAA releases like Uncharted 3 and the like. The fact that this thread continues with speculation about future prices is pretty dumb.[/QUOTE]

This. If this is March you could afford to wait. However since this is 2 weeks before Christmas those will be gone.

[quote name='caltab']I was actually thinking the game/cable/glasses were only worth closer to 50 bucks (at least to me), thats why I said I could see 250 but not 200. If this monitor bundle were to sell at 199, it'sd be like getting the display for 150. Are there any 23 led 3d monitors on the market for 150 bucks, regardless of brand name?[/QUOTE]
Not sure. I haven't even looked into 3-D since I just upgraded to an LCD about two years ago from an SDtv that I was gaming on for years. Chances are I won't either until they reach a price I can agree is worth it to me.
[quote name='62t']I think Nintendo has show that that best strategy.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Just look at the sales numbers fairly early on this gen. The Wii was blowing the 360 and PS3 out of the water month in and month out. People want AFFORDABLE entertainment and $500-600 for most people is in the realm of 'WTF this shit better make me dinner and do everything imaginable for that price'.

Don't get me wrong. I started using the PS3's web browser a bit more now with YouTube and Crackle to watch movies and tv episodes(Three Stooges on Crackle FTW), but the browser on the PS3 is glitchy at best compared with other more traditional internet browsers.

So I continue to still use my PC for the bulk of my YouTube/Crackle viewing.

I been using this for a month since it came out. I'm currently playing Uncharted 3D and had to set the brightness to maximum. So far I got everything I needed. I owned a 3D Display, a New Remote Control, 4 pairs of 3D Glasses (1 from the bundle, 1 from amazon, and 2 from eBay) and a Wireless Stereo Headset.

I can't believe how many of you are using coax instead of hdmi. The difference in picture quality is like going from SD to HD. You might as well go back to using tube tv's.

I think the people saying it'll hit $199 is a bit unrealistic. $300 is the price.

Even if you take 50% the glasses and the game thats still only $155 for a 3d capable display. Really? Not gonna happen.

I know this is Cheap Ass Gamer but come on.

The display makes perfect sense for what they were going for. A 3d display perfect for dorm rooms and small spaces.

This current price is the right price. The display is perfect as a "foot in" to the 3D thing, and as what they intended it. But the thing is "dorm room tvs" aren't really what most people want.

I think a 32" version at $500 would do pretty well.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Nice price! I'm too use to gaming on a 100" + screen. I'll wait and get a 3D projector.[/QUOTE]
Back when Target was clearing out those 'projectors' they put out for I think kids to use I almost bought one of those. But then I realized they only did 480p n only had composite ports on it, so it'd be like having a giant SDtv playing on my wall.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Back when Target was clearing out those 'projectors' they put out for I think kids to use I almost bought one of those. But then I realized they only did 480p n only had composite ports on it, so it'd be like having a giant SDtv playing on my wall.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Damn. You got to it before I took out the exclamation point and added the 'Full HD' part.

I bought 1 of those as a gift($80...saw it went down to $40 and got the difference). I'd recommend it at 80" max. It's not bright enough and it's widescreen, only. I don't care for widescreen.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Nice price. I'm too use to gaming on a 100" + screen. I'll wait and get a Full HD 3D projector.[/QUOTE]

Same here. If I could sell my optoma hd65 to offset the price to upgrade to 3d, I think the wife just might not throw a fit. Not sure if I could transition from 110" down to 24"

[quote name='Nintendonly']This will definitely hit $199, guys. Just don't buy it until then. There are plenty of them in stock, and my local Best Buy hasn't sold a single one since it came out.[/QUOTE]

$299's just a sale price, this is going back to $399 next week

bread's done
Back