Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']The promo wouldn't show up at my BB, but the manager manually gave me a $20 gift card. And since the one promo wasn't applied the trade in girl gave me the 25% bonus also. Good thing too cause I don't know what I would've done with 3 copies of Chuckie Cheese: Party Games lol.[/QUOTE]

Mine would not give me a GC, but was willing to price adjust something I had already price adjusted down to 40 (so further down to 20) and then give me a GC. I was like, erm... I guess dude.

As others stated, deal wouldnt work at 8 pm tonight. Where are these awesome stores where employees are treating you with respect and honoring coupons and advertised deals? I am getting dirty looks and no love whatsoever:(

[quote name='jeebert']As others stated, deal wouldnt work at 8 pm tonight. Where are these awesome stores where employees are treating you well and honoring coupons and advertised deals? I am getting dirty looks and no love whatsoever:([/QUOTE]

I don't even ****ing bother with the people at Customer Service - they're awful. Rude, short, and they always just "know they're right." I'm hitting up the Independence and Lee's Summit, MO locations, fwiw. Lee's Summit is polite, but they're stubborn. I understand they don't want to get in trouble, and it's more the fault of corporate, but it's still annoying.

I've learned that if you politely inform employees of a deal - without sounding cocky or certain - they are usually at least willing to work with you. Know your shit... but don't drop it all on them at once. Slowly reveal how informed you are as you go.

Works 80% of the time; but I've definitely left disappointed or irritated quite a few times in the last couple years at BB.

I don't get why you guys are returning your games to GS. With the trade-in values+promos, you'll still make out better at BB than a straight up return at GS.

[quote name='chuckywang']I don't get why you guys are returning your games to GS. With the trade-in values+promos, you'll still make out better at BB than a straight up return at GS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but only by putting down a preorder - and I don't want to preorder when only trading 4 $5 games in... I actually only have 3 games from GS and I may just want to keep 1 of them (Amazing Adventures Forgotten Ruins). I had a leftover BBV game that was only worth trading with the $5 promo - not 25% or even 40%...

UGH of course Best buy doesn't have my Dark Souls CE even though i pre ordered in July.
Awesome.

My GS had Test Kitchen, and Transformers.

Anyways Traded in a bunch of games
Only the 40% was running instead of the 4for$20
came away with $919

Was able to PM Target for Dark Souls, Rage, and NBA2K12.
They were $140 total.
wasn't even planning on picking up these games, but flipping made it possible. Anyways i can always PM later so i figure there's no real loss.
(hoping TRU want's to throw in a $25 GC like they've been doing within two weeks of these games releasing)

fuck! Missed out on another good promo...I've admittedly been off of my game lately, though. Had some free time, and I've just been enjoying instead of flipping. No regrets...

Can't believe Best Buy dropped a promo mid-week rather than the 8th ... they're just getting better and better with each passing day .. first the Dark Souls CE failure and now this ... ugh

[quote name='etcrane']Can't believe Best Buy dropped a promo mid-week rather than the 8th ... they're just getting better and better with each passing day .. first the Dark Souls CE failure and now this ... ugh[/QUOTE]

who knows, maybe the 2nd half of the week will hold an amazing deal

*chirp chirp*

.... oh :(

[quote name='confoosious']People like you make me sick. It's one thing to be genuinely surprised by a mistake that they made and raise hell because it inconvenienced you. But it's another to go in knowing that the promo is over and just try to take advantage of them because they didn't update one of their pages. You knew already. STFU.

(And please nobody give me the tired ass "what? This is CHEAP ASS GAMER amirite?" line that all the morons love to go to.)[/QUOTE]
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?
Take it easy, tiger. As of the time I posted that, some people were getting the bonus, some weren't. I certainly would have headed over to BB tonight to try to get the deal if I could, but I had a class tonight. C'est la vie. I had a few games to trade, and I'll wait for another promo. No big deal.
Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities, I really did not intend to sicken you.

[quote name='brianace']Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?
Take it easy, tiger. As of the time I posted that, some people were getting the bonus, some weren't. I certainly would have headed over to BB tonight to try to get the deal if I could, but I had a class tonight. C'est la vie. I had a few games to trade, and I'll wait for another promo. No big deal.
Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities, I really did not intend to sicken you.[/QUOTE]

That's just confoosious. It's his thing.

You get used to it after a while.

I highly doubt he's over his toilet vomiting because he read what you were considering doing.
Then again, it's confoosious.

Judging by his word choice and general understanding of most legal, financial and common sense concepts Confoosious strikes me as one of the more intelligent people on CAG. Also, he's pretty damn entertaining most of the time.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']UGH of course Best buy doesn't have my Dark Souls CE even though i pre ordered in July.
Awesome.

My GS had Test Kitchen, and Transformers.

Anyways Traded in a bunch of games
Only the 40% was running instead of the 4for$20
came away with $919

Was able to PM Target for Dark Souls, Rage, and NBA2K12.
They were $140 total.
wasn't even planning on picking up these games, but flipping made it possible. Anyways i can always PM later so i figure there's no real loss.
(hoping TRU want's to throw in a $25 GC like they've been doing within two weeks of these games releasing)[/QUOTE]

$919?! that's a ridiculously high #! how did you get to that?

[quote name='bgame2']Judging by his word choice and general understanding of most legal, financial and common sense concepts Confoosious strikes me as one of the more intelligent people on CAG. Also, he's pretty damn entertaining most of the time.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, considering some of the mouth breathers we have on here, that's a very low bar. :)

But I appreciate the compliment.

---

All I was saying is that while I think taking full advantage of trade in deals is part of "the game," when you knowingly start trying to make other people's lives miserable simply to get an extra $20, you are just a sad sad individual. There's plenty of deals. No need to raise a ruckus with a store manager over this nonsense if you weren't really inconvenienced.

[quote name='bgame2']Judging by his word choice and general understanding of most legal, financial and common sense concepts Confoosious strikes me as one of the more intelligent people on CAG. Also, he's pretty damn entertaining most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I"m not sure what he's doing right now, but I can tell you that putting him on ignore made my CAG experience move from a solid B- to an A.

[quote name='DerClaw']I"m not sure what he's doing right now, but I can tell you that putting him on ignore made my CAG experience move from a solid B- to an A.[/QUOTE]

To each his own DerClaw, but I've got to tell you, reading CAG with Confoosious on ignore is like closing your eyes while having sex with a hot chick.

I dont understand the ignore function. Whats the point? How hard is it to just not read his posts or any posts you dont like for that matter? Seems like some people cant control themselves, so they need others to help them stay under control.

[quote name='rsra13']Why did I wait? Why did I wait? :(

Well, to continue to play the waiting game, no rush, right?[/QUOTE]

I always lock it in online just in case they stop a promotion midstream. (you got 2 weeks to send it in.) As long as you don't lose money, it saves you the trip and hassle of returning the game to gamestop.

Most of the flips were 5-->$5+bonus so you don't lose money.

With the current trade 2 get 25% more, you might still come out ahead.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's not that some flippers want to keep the flips a secret to not let anyone else make money/credit. It's that once the whole community finds out about them, then there's that much more likelihood of EVERYONE doing them and the flip not lasting long enough to fully take advantage of.

Because even though people swear up and down that most managers can't see what people are trading in, you better believe that corporate will most likely freak out when they see tons of the same games being traded in en masse to their program and adjust the values accordingly.
[/QUOTE]

I agree and disagree.
Some don't want the chance of it being ruined for themselves so the thing to do would be to do the modest flip (a few games, don't get greedy) then post it for fellow CAG community members. Some on CAG will do that but a very rare few. Then there are the ones that just shark the forums so they can go flip 100 games then come back here and brag it up all without even posting the deal/flip.
From what I have noticed the ones that talk about it and don't "post it" or gets angry when people post it... are the major flippers and without getting into the moral discussion of the "flipping topic" this is a CAG leech that offers nothing to CAG but only takes. CAG is great and to do this IMO is not cool. Share and share alike. Give back to the community that gives to us. This is what we need to foster here.

So if the modest flipper posts a deal and other modest flippers and just cheap gamers does it, more people or more specifically, CAG members,can get a deal and have some fun in the end making this community even better. We need to root out those who do not share and share alike and call them on it. Will they still exist? Sure and they will always take and ruin it for the rest of us here and there but we can't encourage it. While the site will get its operating cost if 20 people buy 1 copy or if 1 person buys 20 copies it wont thrive and continue without this cooperation.

Also look at it (flippers) this way corporate ( at said "trade in store") will catch on faster if 2 people come in and trade in 200 copies vs it happening on and off all day with one or two at a time. More CAGs will get a chance and it only serves CAG and business and individuals more.

IMHO

[quote name='confoosious']I always lock it in online just in case they stop a promotion midstream. (you got 2 weeks to send it in.) As long as you don't lose money, it saves you the trip and hassle of returning the game to gamestop.

Most of the flips were 5-->$5+bonus so you don't lose money.

With the current trade 2 get 25% more, you might still come out ahead.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it two weeks to get it there now? So if you can't phyically get the copy and have to wait on a site to mail it to you before you can mail it to best buy it can be a gamble so you better have a plan b.

[quote name='confoosious']To be fair, considering some of the mouth breathers we have on here, that's a very low bar. :)[/QUOTE]
:rofl::applause:
[quote name='JungleRot']I agree and disagree.
Some don't want the chance of it being ruined for themselves so the thing to do would be to do the modest flip (a few games, don't get greedy) then post it for fellow CAG community members. Some on CAG will do that but a very rare few. Then there are the ones that just shark the forums so they can go flip 100 games then come back here and brag it up all without even posting the deal/flip.
From what I have noticed the ones that talk about it and don't "post it" or gets angry when people post it... are the major flippers and without getting into the moral discussion of the "flipping topic" this is a CAG leech that offers nothing to CAG but only takes. CAG is great and to do this IMO is not cool. Share and share alike. Give back to the community that gives to us. This is what we need to foster here.

So if the modest flipper posts a deal and other modest flippers and just cheap gamers does it, more people or more specifically, CAG members,can get a deal and have some fun in the end making this community even better. We need to root out those who do not share and share alike and call them on it. Will they still exist? Sure and they will always take and ruin it for the rest of us here and there but we can't encourage it. While the site will get its operating cost if 20 people buy 1 copy or if 1 person buys 20 copies it wont thrive and continue without this cooperation.

Also look at it (flippers) this way corporate ( at said "trade in store") will catch on faster if 2 people come in and trade in 200 copies vs it happening on and off all day with one or two at a time. More CAGs will get a chance and it only serves CAG and business and individuals more.

IMHO[/QUOTE]
But see, what does doing the legwork of finding the possible flips get the person who IS generous enough to post them? A thank you from maybe ONE out of every five people and a ton of lurkers killing any chance the OP has of exploiting that flip to make profit for themselves.

No thanks.

I try and be community minded and post deals from here and there(mostly Zavvi.com deals from the UK lately), but it's increasingly frustrating to want to be a member of a community where the asshole to nice person ratio is heavily skewed anymore.

You post a deal and at least 1 person within the first five posts just HAS to come in and say 'hurrr hurrr not a deal' or 'shipping kills the deal' or some other comment that's been repeated ad nauseum and no longer funny(but they think it's roll on the floor funny still:roll:).

So yeah, if you wanna go do a ton of legwork and help other people to make BB realize that they may be giving too much for these games and drop their values to where GS has theirs, then by all means go right ahead.

But I'll keep any info I find to myself or share it only with those who might actually be grateful for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']yeah 2 weeks to get it there. If you're ordering from a site, that's a huge risk. I'm talking about games you pick up at GS.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were talking about GS I just wanted to clear it up for any novices reading the posts. :D;)

[quote name='confoosious']yeah 2 weeks to get it there. If you're ordering from a site, that's a huge risk. I'm talking about games you pick up at GS.[/QUOTE]
How strict are they about that? I locked in 2 iPhones since I'm ordering 4S for myself and my wife.

I locked in yesterday, and I figure I'll have the phones within 2 weeks. Wasn't sure if it was like amazon where they don't really care as long as it gets there relatively soon after the 2 weeks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl::applause:

But see, what does doing the legwork of finding the possible flips get the person who IS generous enough to post them? A thank you from maybe ONE out of every five people and a ton of lurkers killing any chance the OP has of exploiting that flip to make profit for themselves.

No thanks.

I try and be community minded and post deals from here and there(mostly Zavvi.com deals from the UK lately), but it's increasingly frustrating to want to be a member of a community where the asshole to nice person ratio is heavily skewed anymore.

You post a deal and at least 1 person within the first five posts just HAS to come in and say 'hurrr hurrr not a deal' or 'shipping kills the deal' or some other comment that's been repeated ad nauseum and no longer funny(but they think it's roll on the floor funny still:roll:).

So yeah, if you wanna go do a ton of legwork and help other people to make BB realize that they may be giving too much for these games and drop their values to where GS has theirs, then by all means go right ahead.

But I'll keep any info I find to myself or share it only with those who might actually be grateful for it.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? There are so many CAG on here that maintain threads and OPs (including yourself with the penny guides) that takes a ton of time. Spending their time to keep everything in order and easy for other CAGs. For the flippers, it's not a matter of being "appreciated", it that there is money involved and if they share, they may not be able to flip as much. And that's just selfish.

[quote name='nbballard']How strict are they about that? I locked in 2 iPhones since I'm ordering 4S for myself and my wife.

I locked in yesterday, and I figure I'll have the phones within 2 weeks. Wasn't sure if it was like amazon where they don't really care as long as it gets there relatively soon after the 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I've never pushed it.

It might be too late now but have you tried Gazelle for the iphone? I remember they had the best values when I was trading in an iphone 3G.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl::applause:

No thanks.

But I'll keep any info I find to myself or share it only with those who might actually be grateful for it.[/QUOTE]

I understand exactly what you are saying. Without going into it much more here in this thread....Just continue to be a positive part and screw those who take and take.
It's funny you mentioned the people posting "that is not a deal" because since I made a post last night about something not being a deal it has been bothering me and I was thinking of going back and changing the wording. While I did it just to give a heads up to people reading the post I might have come off rued where I was just trying to help. I did say "why" it wasn't a deal but not enough detail. I think that some do post that just to be a dick where others are doing it to help. Bottom line we should just call each other out and aid posters and each other in adding the why and what for when making a post like that.

[quote name='cheapfrag'] For the flippers, it's not a matter of being "appreciated", it that there is money involved and if they share, they may not be able to flip as much. And that's just selfish.[/QUOTE]

Amen!! :applause::applause:

I'm generally entertained by his antics as well. And while I find my opinion is frequently at odds with his in regards to flipping, I don't think I'd ever ignore him. Dissent is cool, he's passionate about certain things, and I respect his position.

Anyways, my point was that this was communicated pretty poorly by BB. I'll let it slide because A.The games section of my local Best Buy has improved about a hundredfold, since corporate has decided they want to compete with Gamestop, and B. I have made out like a bandit with trade-ins and flips since these promos began. UC3, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, pretty much all paid for by trade-in games, about 80% of which came from my collection and were played to the point of completion.

Like I said, you could state your case to a manager. Yesterday. Not make someone miserable, or stand on the counter and piss in their face. Just make your case. Politely. Today's another story. I had planned to trade in 4 more games, but at this point, I have about everything pre-ordered I could want. I'll just wait for another promo. Or maybe I won't. Base TIVs are better at Best Buy than they are at Amazon, for the most part. Just glad I have an alternative to Gamestop.

[quote name='nbballard']How strict are they about that? I locked in 2 iPhones since I'm ordering 4S for myself and my wife.

I locked in yesterday, and I figure I'll have the phones within 2 weeks. Wasn't sure if it was like amazon where they don't really care as long as it gets there relatively soon after the 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

It is stated as part of the trade in process so I would say take it at that.... 2 weeks to get the trade in.

Amazon has a ship by date which will void the trade is not met.

Damn. The trade 4/$20 bonus disappeared. I had my games all lined up and just wanted to see if I could get a link to their "official" website in case there was a problem. WelL I guess there was a problem.... because they ended that one early. Sucks, I was about to make my first Best Buy trade-in. Now it's probably not going to be worth it without that bonus (i.e. most of the games were in the $5-7 range, so the bonus practically would have doubled their TIV's if I traded in a few separate sets of four). But really that "bonus" was just getting me up to ebay value anyway, just would have been an easier deal for me...

Do they do stuff like that often? Or was that just an exceptional deal? The deals up there now seem pretty boring/standard unless you have a single game with abnormally high TIV.

[quote name='JungleRot'] While the site will get its operating cost if 20 people buy 1 copy or if 1 person buys 20 copies it wont thrive and continue without this cooperation.

IMHO[/QUOTE]
There is a trade in limit, so that 200 copies analogy doesn't work here. But I get what you're saying. However, you're thinking in the ideal sense. Sure it will be great if everybody flips moderately. But they don't. When you post a flip here publicly, it'll be at risk to lurkers, obnoxious flippers (who disregards the 3 per title limit). That might ruin it for everyone.

That's why I think it is better to show people how I or others find TIV and games to flip instead of just put out a list.

I know they cancelled the 4/20$ promo and switched to 40% but is there still a word for 50% promo starting sunday for a specific game release?

I didn't see this in the OP, but how does the % bonus work if I already have a pre-order. Can I just show then the receipt and they'll apply the bonus to the trade in?

[quote name='confoosious']I dunno, I've never pushed it.

It might be too late now but have you tried Gazelle for the iphone? I remember they had the best values when I was trading in an iphone 3G.[/QUOTE]
Dealtree quoted me $70(poor)-$105(good) for my 8gb 3G. Gazelle only offers $55. I think there is a higher value above that.

[quote name='nbballard']Dealtree quoted me $70(poor)-$105(good) for my 8gb 3G. Gazelle only offers $55. I think there is a higher value above that.[/QUOTE]

Have you just tried selling on ebay? People pay top dollar for iphones no longer under contract.

[quote name='mrman1980']I know they cancelled the 4/20$ promo and switched to 40% but is there still a word for 50% promo starting sunday for a specific game release?[/QUOTE]
Read the OP. Dates are what games that are eligible are in there.

[quote name='shadowrage']I didn't see this in the OP, but how does the % bonus work if I already have a pre-order. Can I just show then the receipt and they'll apply the bonus to the trade in?[/QUOTE]
You normally can't apply a trade-in bonus to an existing pre-order. It's YMMV. The way it's 'supposed to work' is when you trade-in your games, you pre-order at the same time and then the +% is given to the trade-in and the pre-order processed right after.

Oddly enough a decent amount of releases have been seeing a 'trade-in your games and pick-up game X and get +40%'. So if you're the type that likes to wait until you read reviews for a game before you buy then you can still get better TIV buying during release week.

So can one person really trade in Transformers Autobots and Deceptacons DS as 3 copies each? Thats interesting.

[quote name='mrman1980']I know they cancelled the 4/20$ promo and switched to 40% but is there still a word for 50% promo starting sunday for a specific game release?[/QUOTE]

They really did not cancel early.
The promo ended yesterday, in fact the entire Sunday sales flyer ended yesterday Vs Sat.
Late afternoon/early evening yesterday the promo software glitched throughout the country. The store I was at spoke to the help desk, this person stated last night the issues were "intermittent" or on/off throughout the stores.
Most trade-ins with the issue were given a $20 gift card to cover the promo. Pain in the azz but success none the less.

bread's done
Back