Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trig']looks like BB is slowly stepping up their game to fight amazon etc[/QUOTE]

Bb doesnt care about amazon, theyre looking to put gs in a coffin.

[quote name='cheeky']Bb doesnt care about amazon, theyre looking to put gs in a coffin.[/QUOTE]

This.

Hopefully it works because GS has no buying incentives that speak about the wallet.

[quote name='nas6034']This.

Hopefully it works because GS has no buying incentives that speak about the wallet.[/QUOTE]

And at bestbuy i dont have dickwads pressuring me to look at this preorder list every five seconds.

Can you combine offers unlike Gamestop? 40% pre-order + 25% trade 2 or more games? Some of the values are really low for the games I hold or what to trade-in towards pre-orders

I'm sure this has been asked in the 146 pages, but if you preorder a game is there a limit on how much stuff you can tradein with 40% extra? Like could I preorder Uncharted 3 and tradein 10 games and a DS with 40% on all?

[quote name='croqoa']I'm sure this has been asked in the 146 pages, but if you preorder a game is there a limit on how much stuff you can tradein with 40% extra? Like could I preorder Uncharted 3 and tradein 10 games and a DS with 40% on all?[/QUOTE]

Yes no limit on the games you trade in.

I wonder if BB counts any online submissions that I never ended up mailing in as towards their 3 limit rule. I'm stuck if they do. Don't wanna call corporate to ask :cry:

Well I am going to go in and try to get them to give me the 40% w/o the preorder since I was just their yesterday and preordered 5 games and I have a total of 7 games preordered now from them. They know me pretty well over there so I hope it will be ok. I was going to sit on each preorder for this very reason but yesterday I was like screw it...I do not want to keep driving in for a preorder. Now I am going to have to. I would think having 7 games for the fall preordered would suffice for getting the bonus. I guess the next option is preorder and cancel if they deny me.

[quote name='Donut2922']I wonder if BB counts any online submissions that I never ended up mailing in as towards their 3 limit rule. I'm stuck if they do. Don't wanna call corporate to ask :cry:[/QUOTE]

Why don't you cancel those?

Damn, got excited about the 40%+ TIV bonus, but the TIVs of Blood Stone and Goldeneye have tanked. Anyone else notice TIV dips, or is it just because they probably drowned in flipped copies of the games?

[quote name='Xellos2099']If I preordered AC: B a few weeks ago , can I bring the receipt in and get the extra 40$ trade in?[/QUOTE]

40% you mean? That's only for Madden 12 preorders.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Damn, got excited about the 40%+ TIV bonus, but the TIVs of Blood Stone and Goldeneye have tanked. Anyone else notice TIV dips, or is it just because they probably drowned in flipped copies of the games?[/QUOTE]

LOL, I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy had people stalking websites such as this one.

[quote name='chuckywang']40% you mean? That's only for Madden 12 preorders.[/QUOTE]

Apparently any pre-order gets a bonus 40% 'till October 1st. I don't why Madden 12 is highlighted for its own promo.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Apparently any pre-order gets a bonus 40% 'till October 1st. I don't why Madden 12 is highlighted for its own promo.[/QUOTE]

Weird, kinda defeats the promo for Madden 12.

If you preordered already and they won't give you 40%. Just hit up customer service, cancel and refund, then repeat. Annoying but simple.

[quote name='chuckywang']LOL, I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy had people stalking websites such as this one.[/QUOTE]

Nah, since Blood Stone and Goldeneye have been $10 since Tuesday, I'm sure there's been plenty of time for them to realize "why in the fuck are we being drowned in copies of this crappy game". The TIV I think (not sure about before or after the 25% for 2 bonus) was $13.25.

I'm just glad I checked the TIV today before I considered buying 2 copies to flip.

Madden '12's getting a lot of unusual attention, actually. Not sure whether or not it has to do with the lockout (even though it's over). Also, there's the concussion thing, right?

BB's been sucking this week, I've been hearing. Perhaps they adopted GS' service as a side-effect of the new program they stole from GS? But I would recommend ijw's course of action.

You know, if that service attitude is contagious, you can expect a slow increase of the denial of price matches. The GC policy's gone, what's next?

How much is Best Buy giving for a PSP trade in? I see the $25 EXTRA, but what's the base value of it there? Trying to figure out if I should trade it in or sell it on ebay.

Anyone get the 40% for a preorder other than Madden 12 today? I really not going to drive out to mine if I get denied because I do not want Madden.

[quote name='gldoorii']How much is Best Buy giving for a PSP trade in? I see the $25 EXTRA, but what's the base value of it there? Trying to figure out if I should trade it in or sell it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Just checked the estimator. I assume it's not factoring in the +$25, but the gift card amount would be $45, so it'd be $70 total. Doesn't seem too bad. This is assuming it's in good condition, includes the charger and has a readable serial #.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Just checked the estimator. I assume it's not factoring in the +$25, but the gift card amount would be $45, so it'd be $70 total. Doesn't seem too bad. This is assuming it's in good condition, includes the charger and has a readable serial #.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, was that for a 3000 though? I have a 1000 I'm looking to get rid of...

[quote name='gldoorii']Whoa, was that for a 3000 though? I have a 1000 I'm looking to get rid of...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't specify unless it's a PSP vs. a PSP Go.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Doesn't specify unless it's a PSP vs. a PSP Go.[/QUOTE]

Oh OK thanks. Just got home to see the estimator. Sadly, I'm not seeing anything on the site about the extra $25. Though, I went to the trade estimator myself and did the standard PSP, Good condition, and it says $60.

[quote name='gldoorii']Oh OK thanks. Just got home to see the estimator. Sadly, I'm not seeing anything on the site about the extra $25. Though, I went to the trade estimator myself and did the standard PSP, Good condition, and it says $60.[/QUOTE]

Still says $45 for me, that's odd. Either way, just bring it in and mention the promo.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/capturezup.jpg/

Here ya go.

Wow, ok yea I clicked on the link at the first page of this thread to go to the video game estimator and the value is $45. But when I went to the website and then Services -> Trade In -> Handheld -> and then changed the Item to PSP it gave me a $60 value. Under the words Value Estimator Make sure the dropdown box says Video Game Consoles - Handheld and then pick PSP in the item box.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone get the 40% for a preorder other than Madden 12 today? I really not going to drive out to mine if I get denied because I do not want Madden.[/QUOTE]

You can preorder and cancel almost immediately.

they don't count any online orders unless they receive them. i have tons of games multi locked in and i just let them sit there and still you can send in games just make sure you dont send in more than 3 per game per system per email. i just keep my email receipts so i know what i sent from which one.

so i guess 2 for 50 is dead? glad i got rid of my brinks for 25 each...

[quote name='ijustw1n']You can preorder and cancel almost immediately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just cancelled my NCAA 12 yesterday but at the same time I did my 5 game preorder. Seems just stupid to make me preorder a game today but I will do it if they insist. I was not planning on trading my Dead Space 2, Dead Rising 2 and Bulletstorm from the gohastings 40% sale but I would get $25 more than I paid in trade from BB. I can just wait out those other games until they are cheap cheap again.

[quote name='gldoorii']http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/capturezup.jpg/

Here ya go.

Wow, ok yea I clicked on the link at the first page of this thread to go to the video game estimator and the value is $45. But when I went to the website and then Services -> Trade In -> Handheld -> and then changed the Item to PSP it gave me a $60 value. Under the words Value Estimator Make sure the dropdown box says Video Game Consoles - Handheld and then pick PSP in the item box.[/QUOTE]

Ah, there we go. That would explain it, my page didn't ask for a stylus. I'm kinda glad we helped others avoid this mistake.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You can preorder and cancel almost immediately.[/QUOTE]Nice.

How much do you put down for pre-orders from BB? I never pre-ordered anything from BB before, so not sure. I'm thinking about trading 2 games, so I would rather get 40% instead of 20%.

[quote name='D0RC']Nice.

How much do you put down for pre-orders from BB? I never pre-ordered anything from BB before, so not sure. I'm thinking about trading 2 games, so I would rather get 40% instead of 20%.[/QUOTE]

$5, same as GS.

Now can I just keep bringing in trades to go towards my preorder and keep getting 40% extra trade? Or do you only get that amount on what you bring in for that day?

[quote name='n8dawwg']Now can I just keep bringing in trades to go towards my preorder and keep getting 40% extra trade? Or do you only get that amount on what you bring in for that day?[/QUOTE]

no. each time after you need to pre order again.

Ugh, I know this has been asked and I have been searching, but I really need to find some good flips from GS. I need Amazon credit, yet my $300+ GS credit is not helping at all at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BrolyB593']Ugh, I know this has been asked and I have been searching, but I really need to find some good flips from GS. I need Amazon credit, yet my $300+ GS credit is not helping at all at the moment...[/QUOTE]

Same here, anyone?

Oh, I'd trade in my PSP for the bonus, but if you have to put it towards new hardware right away, no thanks. I'm waiting for the Vita.

[quote name='karyadi']Can you combine offers unlike Gamestop? 40% pre-order + 25% trade 2 or more games? Some of the values are really low for the games I hold or what to trade-in towards pre-orders[/QUOTE]
[quote name='hawaiiboy']no.[/QUOTE]
Oh, nuts, are you sure about that? I was really hoping to trade in three games and have the 40% apply to all three, and then 25% the original TIV. :(

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Oh, nuts, are you sure about that? I was really hoping to trade in three games and have the 40% apply to all three, and then 25% the original TIV. :([/QUOTE]

That would be pretty awesome if it could work, but yeah I do not see why they would allow that.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Ugh, I have been searching for suitable flips for almost 2 hours now and am coming up with nothing really usable...[/QUOTE]

I've been searching for GS flips for a while too. I thought I had a good one in Blood Stone, but I waited too long and the TIV went to shit on BB. It's still decently priced for TIV on Amazon. I locked in the other day for $12 or something like that.

[quote name='Pyramid Head']Oh, nuts, are you sure about that? I was really hoping to trade in three games and have the 40% apply to all three, and then 25% the original TIV. :([/QUOTE]

I want to yell at you. I really do, but im not.
Nothing stacks. Just like GS.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']I want to yell at you. I really do, but im not.
Nothing stacks. Just like GS.[/QUOTE]
I don't flip games between retailers and I don't trade to GameStop (or I haven't for a few years, anyway), so I'm in no position for this to be obvious to me.

So the 40% with Madden ends on 8/27 and it releases on 8/30. Perhaps the promo after the 40% will be a trade for NCAA 12. I can only hope.

So in order to get the 40% bonus on trade in do I need to bring the games I want to preorder up before I start the tradein process?

[quote name='tbolt30']So in order to get the 40% bonus on trade in do I need to bring the games I want to preorder up before I start the tradein process?[/QUOTE]

it doesn't matter. Just bring your games to the tradein center, tell them you want the 40% bonus and they'll ask you which game you want to pre-order

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back