Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys figure the odds are of there still being AC3 Steelbooks left for online preorder? It's not mentioned as OOS, but apparently I didn't get an Andrew Luck DLC because they ran out of those, too.

[quote name='ironmenpb']Has anyone returned the game and still receive the $20 certificate?[/QUOTE]Even if you receive the certificate within the return window, it's highly, highly inadvisable to return the game since you would then be committing fraud (if they even let you return it). :whistle2:#

...Do we really want to start this up again? :roll:

Quick question -

I'm a Gamers Club Unlocked member and pre-ordered Madden NFL 13 back in July and picked it up on August 28th but I used a gift card and coupons to pay for it. I know I dont get the points for the purchase but do I still get the $20 reward certificate? Thanks.

How does the PM work for IN-STORE pickups? Do they go by the order date or the pickup date? I'm a silver member and have the 60 day price match guarantee. I'm curious ifI could PM for NCAA 13...I preordered back in June, but I picked up on 7/12....so I'm just aroun 60 days now.

I tried calling the SILVER RZ #, and he told me to go in-store to PM, so apparently I should NOT use the special Silver #.

[quote name='doubledown']How does the PM work for IN-STORE pickups? Do they go by the order date or the pickup date? I'm a silver member and have the 60 day price match guarantee. I'm curious ifI could PM for NCAA 13...I preordered back in June, but I picked up on 7/12....so I'm just aroun 60 days now.

I tried calling the SILVER RZ #, and he told me to go in-store to PM, so apparently I should NOT use the special Silver #.[/QUOTE]

It counts as an online order, so you pm via calling in. The csr was wrong. Your pm window would go by pickup date.

[quote name='Kyden139']It counts as an online order, so you pm via calling in. The csr was wrong. Your pm window would go by pickup date.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I will try calling again. Just did and it was a 15 minute wait...ugh. I wish the special SILVER RZ line could do this PM also. I get through right away with them.

good god i hate calling bestbuy 800 number so much run around

but got $10 for the price match and got $10 for the being on hold for 30 mins

they told me to call back on the 28th to get my 1000 points because she noted the account in case they don't correct the problem by then

so $40 in credit back plus the 45 i sold the game for in cash on CL...got paid to play madden

[quote name='darkvulture']good god i hate calling bestbuy 800 number so much run around

but got $10 for the price match and got $10 for the being on hold for 30 mins

they told me to call back on the 28th to get my 1000 points because she noted the account in case they don't correct the problem by then

so $40 in credit back plus the 45 i sold the game for in cash on CL...got paid to play madden[/QUOTE]
How did you get $10 for being on hold for 30min? I was on hold for 40min+ before and nobody mentioned anything :(

[quote name='TooPoor']How did you get $10 for being on hold for 30min? I was on hold for 40min+ before and nobody mentioned anything :([/QUOTE]

complained because they trans me around everyone saying they don't do it ...

[quote name='TooPoor']How did you get $10 for being on hold for 30min? I was on hold for 40min+ before and nobody mentioned anything :([/QUOTE]

Pro Tip: If you are a big enough d-bag and yell/complain for long enough, most customer service agents will give you a minimal credit 5-10 dollars just to shut you up/get rid of you.

Pro Tip: Don't be one of those people.

If I put my pre-order in online with in-store pickup, and use a gift card to pay for it, will they take the funds from the gift card immediately, or only on release day? I'm guessing they probably take the funds immediately, but figured I'd check.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Pro Tip: If you are a big enough d-bag and yell/complain for long enough, most customer service agents will give you a minimal credit 5-10 dollars just to shut you up/get rid of you.

Pro Tip: Don't be one of those people.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha

[quote name='dan77733']Quick question -

I'm a Gamers Club Unlocked member and pre-ordered Madden NFL 13 back in July and picked it up on August 28th but I used a gift card and coupons to pay for it. I know I dont get the points for the purchase but do I still get the $20 reward certificate? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you absolutely will get the $20 cert. Doesn't matter how you paid for it. Just matters that you preordered and then picked up within 7 days of street date (so 9/4 on this one) and were an Unlocked member at time of pick up.

Just called to get the SD M13 PM.

Took roughly 35 mins. The SD was quick because they just had to check their own price. But the M13 PM took a while because she needed to verify stock, price, and location. Didn't get any extra compensation because I didn't complain. Sure it took a while, but I was satisfied with having the PM. Getting a PM is not a God given right to me.

[quote name='slowdive21']Don't call for the PM right now. It took the chick 25 minutes to do the pm. I would wait for the next shift to start.[/QUOTE]

it took 25 min and I didn't get the fucking PM. the target they happened to call was ignorant of their own sales (not uncommon for any retailer around here) so I'm going to wait till someone also shows up.

So when I called and talked to a rep I was told to expect an email with a $10.70 GC by this Wed the 12th for pricematching Madden 13. Did anyone get there price match immedialty or did I get a rep who didn't know what the hell he was doing?

[quote name='finsfan0210']So when I called and talked to a rep I was told to expect an email with a $10.70 GC by this Wed the 12th for pricematching Madden 13. Did anyone get there price match immedialty or did I get a rep who didn't know what the hell he was doing?[/QUOTE]

Seems like they are e-mailing you a replacement gift card instead of mailing it which is what they normally do if you no longer have the gift card you paid for the item with. Did you use a gift card on your order?

Took 10 minutes and 43 seconds for my price match, the lady had previously done them several times and knew once she saw madden 13 that was what I intended to do, I already got the $20 from both orders (my GCU account and father's/my second account) back in my paypal too. Although I have noticed that I never get tax back when I do PM's through the phone.

My SD match will come in the form of a GC in the mail because I no longer have the GC used in the purchase.

My M13 credit was automatically applied to the GC that I used because I still have it.

Another positive experience with BB phone CSR. Now to get going on the M13 GCU cert...

[quote name='shady520']Took 10 minutes and 43 seconds for my price match, the lady had previously done them several times and knew once she saw madden 13 that was what I intended to do, I already got the $20 from both orders (my GCU account and father's/my second account) back in my paypal too.[/QUOTE]

Thought you meant the $20 from the GCU pre-order but then I realized you meant the $20 total from both price matches. Got super excited for a second, then came back to reality :(

Tis the life of a cag.

they got a new system in at bestbuy

i went with my wife to trade in SD and DS2 and he told me its a new system and i might be unbanned . so he tried it and boom no more ban hammer for me

[quote name='sasuke543']Why is Playstation All Stars not a part of this deal :([/QUOTE]
Probably cause no one plans to buy that Smash Bros ripoff.

[quote name='lordopus99']Probably cause no one plans to buy that Smash Bros ripoff.[/QUOTE]

...Why not? A smash bros rip off that might actually have online that isn't laggy as fuck? plagiarism isn't a problem if it leads to a good game.

What does SD stand for? I don't see any games in the promo that have S and D as initials. And Target starts with T.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Just called to get the SD M13 PM.

Took roughly 35 mins. The SD was quick because they just had to check their own price. But the M13 PM took a while because she needed to verify stock, price, and location. Didn't get any extra compensation because I didn't complain. Sure it took a while, but I was satisfied with having the PM. Getting a PM is not a God given right to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jiggyteddy']My SD match will come in the form of a GC in the mail because I no longer have the GC used in the purchase.

My M13 credit was automatically applied to the GC that I used because I still have it.

Another positive experience with BB phone CSR. Now to get going on the M13 GCU cert...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PublikDefender']What does SD stand for? I don't see any games in the promo that have S and D as initials. And Target starts with T.[/QUOTE]

SD= Sleeping Dogs

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Pro Tip: If you are a big enough d-bag and yell/complain for long enough, most customer service agents will give you a minimal credit 5-10 dollars just to shut you up/get rid of you.

Pro Tip: Don't be one of those people.[/QUOTE]
haha, every time I call BBY I have the following prepared:
(1) Bluetooth (to avoid long term exposure to cellphone radiation)
(2) Some trivial work at hand, like emailing co workers, collecting/organizing simulation data or grade homeworks (to be productive when I wait)

So in addition to looking for a pricematch of Madden 13 on the $10 lower price, I'm still waiting on the $10 code that was being offered for online orders with in-store pickup to post to my account.

Would it be better for me to try getting these accomplished in two separate calls or should I try my luck with the same CS rep?

[quote name='eLefAdEr']So in addition to looking for a pricematch of Madden 13 on the $10 lower price, I'm still waiting on the $10 code that was being offered for online orders with in-store pickup to post to my account.

Would it be better for me to try getting these accomplished in two separate calls or should I try my luck with the same CS rep?[/QUOTE]

You could do it all at once but it might annoy a worker, also depends on how much time you want to deal with them at once.

[quote name='TooPoor']haha, every time I call BBY I have the following prepared:
(1) Bluetooth (to avoid long term exposure to cellphone radiation)
(2) Some trivial work at hand, like emailing co workers, collecting/organizing simulation data or grade homeworks (to be productive when I wait)[/QUOTE]

It took 40 minutes for me. Like Chris Rock said, "it's like playing basketball with a slow person, ya gotta let some things slide". I keep in mind the $30-$40 savings over Gamestop.

[quote name='PublikDefender']What does SD stand for? I don't see any games in the promo that have S and D as initials. And Target starts with T.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry dude because I probably shouldn't have mentioned it here because it was not part of the promo.

Got carried away with the whole PM thing. My apologies.

[quote name='shady520']You could do it all at once but it might annoy a worker, also depends on how much time you want to deal with them at once.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this is what I figured. I'll try to judge their willingness after getting that $10 pricematch before attempting for the $10 in-store pickup code; if they sound annoyed I'll just make a second call.

Would be awkward to end up talking to the same rep, though. Maybe I'll space it out a little.

So I'm at Best Buy looking for some Skylanders for my son, and while I'm there I slide over to the "Buy 1 Game Get 1 Free" sign they had up (store special). It was a bunch of older stuff, but while I'm standing there a sales associate with a clipboard approached me and asked if I needed help. I told him no thanks, that I'm just looking, and he begins to tell me about the Gamer's Club Unlocked $20 Promo. I tell him that I already pre-ordered Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. He then "informs" me that despite what I might have been told, I will only receive 1 $20.00 certificate even though I ordered 2 games. I told him that I was pretty sure that wasn't the case, I even showed him the ad on the pre-order kiosk that said 1 certificate per member PER TITLE, but he wasn't getting it. He told me that another customer came in and pre-ordered 7 games. He said that if Best Buy gave him $20 back for each game, that would be like 200 bucks and that "Best Buy would probably go out of business". Unreal.

So I am new to this Best Buy price match thing. Does anyone mind explaining it to me?

I pre-ordered Madden 13 in-store for $5 on 6/12/2012.
I picked up Madden 13 in-store on 8/28/2012

So do I call Best Buy or do I have to go to Best Buy to get the Target price match?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Also want to add that I received emails for each PM and an email regarding the mailing of a GC.[/QUOTE]

Love your Signature Bro!!!! LMAO there is a couple on here...hahaha

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I'm sorry dude because I probably shouldn't have mentioned it here because it was not part of the promo.

Got carried away with the whole PM thing. My apologies.[/QUOTE]
No problem, I was just curious.

[quote name='advanced']chris00cm, you have to go into the store. Bring the ad or a printout for speed.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Thanks for the quick response.

[quote name='dc delta90']Yes, you absolutely will get the $20 cert. Doesn't matter how you paid for it. Just matters that you preordered and then picked up within 7 days of street date (so 9/4 on this one) and were an Unlocked member at time of pick up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought that I would but wanted to make sure.

[quote name='Gscept']Love your Signature Bro!!!! LMAO there is a couple on here...hahaha[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude.

A good laugh works wonders for your mind. :)

I'm not sure why, but I'm really tempted to preorder RE6. I'm probably the one RE fan (though I've only played RE4, RE5, and RE:R) who gets more and more hyped with each gameplay video released. But is that such a good idea with Borderlands 2 next week and Dishonored the week after RE6 releases...? I mean, I've got BBY credit to spare, but I wonder if it'll drop to $30 or so come Black Friday. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm not sure why, but I'm really tempted to preorder RE6. I'm probably the one RE fan (though I've only played RE4, RE5, and RE:R) who gets more and more hyped with each gameplay video released. But is that such a good idea with Borderlands 2 next week and Dishonored the week after RE6 releases...? I mean, I've got BBY credit to spare, but I wonder if it'll drop to $30 or so come Black Friday. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

With the $20 back and the potential to PM I think picking it up would be a good idea. I see this going on sale for at least 50 with all the other games coming out around then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back