Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='edson13']anyone know what the fifa pre-order bonus is? didnt even know there was one.[/QUOTE]

^ 10,000 ea catalogue football points I think. I can't remember the description off the top of my head.

I also got the price match on gift card, just brought the TRU ad & my friends at BB did it for me.

edit: Has anyone received their preorder code yet btw?

did you pre-order online? or in-store?

I had pre-order online and am thinking it won't work for online orders.

[quote name='Deathdenial']I printed out the price on Toy R US site and that was it. Manager override and I was good to go[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joogle']So are they giving a free t-shirt with fifa pre-order like that guy posted? Or was that a instore purchase?[/QUOTE]

May be YMMV. Called my store that did a midnight launch and they said they had none.

[quote name='joogle']So are they giving a free t-shirt with fifa pre-order like that guy posted? Or was that a instore purchase?[/QUOTE]

In-store.

[quote name='davisdj']^ 10,000 ea catalogue football points I think. I can't remember the description off the top of my head.

I also got the price match on gift card, just brought the TRU ad & my friends at BB did it for me.

edit: Has anyone received their preorder code yet btw?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It printed on my receipt & I received an email w/ the same code.

was this a pre-order you did online that you got them to match?

or were you just buying in-store.

i have a pre-order, but i don't think they can do anything at pick up, it would have to be through BB online CS i think

[quote name='Deathdenial']I printed out the price on Toy R US site and that was it. Manager override and I was good to go[/QUOTE]

I didn't get the pre-order promo for FIFA and now i'm wondering if the girl at CS ran it up wrong. My receipt looks like it is for an exchange. She deducted my $5 pre order off the final value of the item, but no printed code on the receipt. Do I need to call to sort this out?

Well I just crossed 5,000 RZ points so I think I am going to put $20 each towards my final 5 games (maybe $30 if the points from the RZ bonuses clear at the right times) since the consensus seems to be that RZ certs should not interfere with PM the games. Part of me just wants to be safe and get $100 in Amazon Kindle cards but I have not really been shopping there much.

Shot down with TRU PM :(
I was being as polite as possible, you guys have some slick persuasive skills...
And I left work early for this :(

[quote name='davisdj']^ 10,000 ea catalogue football points I think. I can't remember the description off the top of my head.

edit: Has anyone received their preorder code yet btw?[/QUOTE]

Do you get pre-order bonus in email at bb? This is my first time pre-ordering here so I don't really know :booty:

This is a silly question that I am too lazy to look up. Is it possible to price match a price match?

I price matched Madden 13 when it was $50 at Target. Now I would like to price match the $40 Amazon price.

[quote name='chris00cm']This is a silly question that I am too lazy to look up. Is it possible to price match a price match?

I price matched Madden 13 when it was $50 at Target. Now I would like to price match the $40 Amazon price.[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='chris00cm']This is a silly question that I am too lazy to look up. Is it possible to price match a price match?

I price matched Madden 13 when it was $50 at Target. Now I would like to price match the $40 Amazon price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='209chromatic']Yes[/QUOTE]

Turtles all the way down. (At least until you reach $0 or run out of days)

Did anyone get a Bestbuy.com price adjustment to Amazon's madden 13 $40 Gold Box deal? I called twice today but was unsuccessful. The csr claimed it had to be for local retailers only.:cry:

[quote name='kellte2']I didn't get the pre-order promo for FIFA and now i'm wondering if the girl at CS ran it up wrong. My receipt looks like it is for an exchange. She deducted my $5 pre order off the final value of the item, but no printed code on the receipt. Do I need to call to sort this out?[/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to me with borderlands 2. I called cs and they are looking into it. They said call back in a couple of days see if it's been resolved. I'm more concerned about the $20 gift cert.

For anyone who still hasn't gotten the 1,000 RZ points added to pending for preordering Borderlands, there might be hope it still shows up. Mine just showed up this morning. The transaction for the game had been in pending since last week when I picked it up (for only 4 points though, no idea about that...)

However, just this morning the 1,000 preorder bonus points showed up. I did not contact CS about this issue yet so it appears it showed up on its own. Never had one update this late, especially after the main transaction had already been on there for a week.

Mine is pending too, but not available till after RE6 release shit. Not really excited for game anyway as I just wanted Anthology edition for 1-5. Might just wait for Black Friday.

[quote name='slowdive21']mine still aren't even showing the the transaction yet.[/QUOTE]

Did you try reporting the missing points?

Well it looks like the 10$ in store pickup bonus will not be rewarded... So I will simply not perform the instore purchase period !!

Looks like GS get my WOW purchases

[quote name='stoned99']Well it looks like the 10$ in store pickup bonus will not be rewarded... So I will simply not perform the instore purchase period !!

Looks like GS get my WOW purchases[/QUOTE]

That deal ended in August.

[quote name='plastik3000']My bonus points from Madden went from pending to cleared today and got issued my $20 certificate.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. Nba 2k13 and re6 next up for me.

Points for Borderlands haven't been moved to pending and my pre-order of FIFA hasn't even shown up yet. This company really dislikes getting my money.

[quote name='jamesdevil']Points for Borderlands haven't been moved to pending and my pre-order of FIFA hasn't even shown up yet. This company really dislikes getting my money.[/QUOTE]

Lol it's been 24hrs since you picked up FIFA? Chill out.

[quote name='mgford11']Lol it's been 24hrs since you picked up FIFA? Chill out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Archives on 360 or Anthology on PS3 (I think). IMO, not worth it if your a big RE fan and already own all of the games.

I was under the impression BB RZ purchases took up to 5 days to show up in your account, and then took another 30 days on top of that to actually "post" in order for you to use them. Thats the way I've always noticed it working unless something has changed?

if i order online and standard ship to home.. how long does it take often the guy at best buy says it should get their the day its released.. is that true?

[quote name='jamesdevil']Points for Borderlands haven't been moved to pending and my pre-order of FIFA hasn't even shown up yet. This company really dislikes getting my money.[/QUOTE]

Is that you marymarymary??

[quote name='cdwjustin']if i order online and standard ship to home.. how long does it take often the guy at best buy says it should get their the day its released.. is that true?[/QUOTE]

The free shipping? I think a few days after.

[quote name='cdwjustin']if i order online and standard ship to home.. how long does it take often the guy at best buy says it should get their the day its released.. is that true?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not with the free standard shipping. They use UPS Mail Innovations. Fifa got to me today, and Borderlands got to me on a Wednesday, too. I'm in KY and it looks like both orders originated in TN. I used expedited shipping for NBA, so I'll see if that makes it on release day.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']
b01SRUtnSGs5MTAx_o_ytmnd---its-my-money-and-i-need-it-now.jpg

It's my Reward Zone points and I want it NOW![/QUOTE]

I hope someone calls that number and asks mr wentworth for their RZ points...and then complains about it on this thread that it didn't work.

I recently pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and I got it the day after the release. The worst part my brother got his copy the same day as me, even though he did expedited shipping.

Awesome, just got off the phone with CS and successfully matched Frys' $49.99 price on :ps3: Madden 13. Sounds like they include sales taxes too (was quoted $10.80) which will be credited to the credit card I used.

Worth the 10-15 minutes.

Doesn't it say that it takes up to 30 days to actually get the points credited to your account?

I better get into the pre-order bandwagon, I skipped Borderlands 2 because I forgot about the $20 promo but there's no way I can skip RE6 and AC3.

I was reading here that Best Buy does not price match internet retailers. Is that true? That would mean you can not price match the Amazon price for Madden 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back