Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rockinjs']Is best buy still taking preorders on the care package edition of black ops 2 on the ps3 in store? I see its sold out online wondering if its the same for the in store kiosk[/QUOTE]

You'll have to go in and check or just call. Each store is different.

If I do the $50 pricematch from Fry's on RE6, do you just print out the ad and do it when you pick up your preorder?

[quote name='Youngnoble']It depends, are you premier silver. If you are then yes as I can't remember a ubisoft game that hasn't gone on sale between launch and 60 days after. You can't pm on black friday weekend so that's out. Any bonus preorder dlc is always a plus. If your not silver it might be best to wait till black friday as it might go down to 35.[/QUOTE]Remember BB extends the return/exchange/price match period for EVERYONE silver or not usually till mid Feb. This generally starts mid to late Oct. so ACIII should be covered by this. I'd still suggest p/u'ing p titles o Fri. or Sat. to fully extend the pm window there's been a few(2-3) that went damn near 42 days(before the 60 went into effect).

ProTip-If you're purchasing SE/CE/LE look to pm Sam's club, Costo & BJ's since their sites will drop the by $15-$25 during the end of the holidays. UC3 & B:AC were $85 fast.

[quote name='Blackout']If I do the $50 pricematch from Fry's on RE6, do you just print out the ad and do it when you pick up your preorder?[/QUOTE]
Yes, either print it our, show it on your phone, whatever. Heck, they can always pull it up or call the store. By the way, Thanks for the heads up! I just FINALLY pre-ordered RE6 lol.

Question: Is the $20 credit applied 30 days after game release date or date of pre-order? I want to use a $20 credit for AC3, and then use the AC3 $20 credit for Halo 4. If I pre-order AC3 today will I get the credit in time for Halo 4?

[quote name='Inframidi']Question: Is the $20 credit applied 30 days after game release date or date of pre-order? I want to use a $20 credit for AC3, and then use the AC3 $20 credit for Halo 4. If I pre-order AC3 today will I get the credit in time for Halo 4?[/QUOTE]
30 days after release date.

[quote name='Inframidi']Question: Is the $20 credit applied 30 days after game release date or date of pre-order? I want to use a $20 credit for AC3, and then use the AC3 $20 credit for Halo 4. If I pre-order AC3 today will I get the credit in time for Halo 4?[/QUOTE]

If you pre-order online, then it might. I pre-ordered online NCAA Football 13 almost 30 days prior to release date, and the points posted within a few days of my picking it up. That seems to be happening for other people as well.

[quote name='DWulf']If you pre-order online, then it might. I pre-ordered online NCAA Football 13 almost 30 days prior to release date, and the points posted within a few days of my picking it up. That seems to be happening for other people as well.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'd have a week before Halo 4 drops to have the credit applied to me. Can anyone else confirm this works?

[quote name='Blackout']If I do the $50 pricematch from Fry's on RE6, do you just print out the ad and do it when you pick up your preorder?[/QUOTE]

Ima try to do this aswell. Has anyone else been able to pm a fry's ad?

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Yeah I have in the past.[/QUOTE]

Alright I have a 6% chance of this working on tuesday. I might also try to double dip and if by some miracle they pm it, ima also use my b2g1 coupon and get god of war saga and something else.

You know what's awesome?

Logging in to your RZ account at myrz.com to check if your pending points from various transactions have cleared and seeing the words "Premier Silver member through Feb. 2014" under your account number when you weren't expecting it at all. \\:D/

Seriously, I have no idea why that's there--according to the "spending" bar on the right side, I've only spent $1407 this year and still need $1093 more to achieve the Premier status. :???: Not that I'm complaining; if anything, this clinches my hesitation in getting RE6--now that I've got 60 days to PM, there's absolutely no reason not to pick it up at launch for the $20 certificate since it will most definitely drop before Christmas. Also, assuming this works retroactively, I now have 30 additional days within which to PM Borderlands 2 if it drops! :D

[quote name='Inframidi']That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'd have a week before Halo 4 drops to have the credit applied to me. Can anyone else confirm this works?[/QUOTE]

i think i have about the best experience to confirm this, preordered madden the friday before it came out, then preordered borderlands 2 when i picked up madden. didnt get my madden certificate until a few days ago, got my borderlands 2 certificate today.

[quote name='Vigilante']You know what's awesome?

Logging in to your RZ account at myrz.com to check if your pending points from various transactions have cleared and seeing the words "Premier Silver member through Feb. 2014" under your account number when you weren't expecting it at all. \\:D/

Seriously, I have no idea why that's there--according to the "spending" bar on the right side, I've only spent $1407 this year and still need $1093 more to achieve the Premier status. :???: Not that I'm complaining; if anything, this clinches my hesitation in getting RE6--now that I've got 60 days to PM, there's absolutely no reason not to pick it up at launch for the $20 certificate since it will most definitely drop before Christmas. Also, assuming this works retroactively, I now have 30 additional days within which to PM Borderlands 2 if it drops! :D[/QUOTE]

you buy a phone?

Ideally, we all should get our pre-order points a few days after pickup so that we can use them towards other triple AAA titles. But to be safe, one should place the pre-orders at least 30 days from the release date.

[quote name='confoosious']you buy a phone?[/QUOTE]Nope. I was actually seriously considering buying a smartphone since Premier Silver is a pretty strong incentive, but now I can put off buying one just a little while longer.

[quote name='TooPoor']Buying a phone makes you silver?[/QUOTE]Technically, you have to buy a smartphone to automatically get Premier Silver status, but yeah, the promotion lasts through 10/31.

[quote name='Vigilante']Also, assuming this works retroactively, I now have 30 additional days within which to PM Borderlands 2 if it drops! :D[/QUOTE]

Also hoping this is possible, seeing as I have silver through 02/14 as of this morning too :D

[quote name='confoosious']you buy a phone?[/QUOTE]

I did, a Samsung galaxy s3. I was already premier silver though. No extension to my account. I also redid my plan.

[quote name='Vigilante']You know what's awesome?

Seriously, I have no idea why that's there--according to the "spending" bar on the right side, I've only spent $1407 this year and still need $1093 more to achieve the Premier status. :???: Not that I'm complaining; if anything, this clinches my hesitation in getting RE6--now that I've got 60 days to PM, there's absolutely no reason not to pick it up at launch for the $20 certificate since it will most definitely drop before Christmas. Also, assuming this works retroactively, I now have 30 additional days within which to PM Borderlands 2 if it drops! :D[/QUOTE]

Do you trade in a lot there? I was awarded silver a while back (a lot of CAGS were actually) when I wasn't even close to spending $2500. I wasn't even at $500 and while I trade in games all the time, it wasn't close to $2500 worth so I have no idea why their system awards that so inconsistently.

But I remember the consensus back when a lot of us were getting upgraded for no reason was that we were all trading in quite a bit.

[quote name='Vigilante']Nope. I was actually seriously considering buying a smartphone since Premier Silver is a pretty strong incentive, but now I can put off buying one just a little while longer.

Technically, you have to buy a smartphone to automatically get Premier Silver status, but yeah, the promotion lasts through 10/31.[/QUOTE]

maybe someone screwed up and put in your RZ number by mistake.

[quote name='KtMack23']CE qualify for this as well right?[/QUOTE]

Direct from the FAQ in the OP

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

My account also now says "Premier Silver" until Feb 2014 also. I have not spent enough this year to qualify for it and I also did not buy a phone. I have traded in some games in the past few weeks but maybe 15-20 total.

[quote name='Vigilante']Nope. I was actually seriously considering buying a smartphone since Premier Silver is a pretty strong incentive, but now I can put off buying one just a little while longer.

Technically, you have to buy a smartphone to automatically get Premier Silver status, but yeah, the promotion lasts through 10/31.[/QUOTE]
Hmm.thanks...
How did I not know that...I did buy a phone three months ago, but I'm not in the 1% club now. Might need to ask about it.

I did find that I woke up 2 weeks ago and I can start setting my RZ issue preferences, like issuing at $10 and $20 points. Maybe they upgraded the system for the non-silver folks.

promotion started only a short while ago.

https://rewardzonemobile.com/static/premier-silver-upgrade

** Reward Zone members who purchase any mobile phone with plan between 9/14/12 and 10/31/12 get Premier Silver status. Reward Zone number must be attached at time of transaction. Not valid on prior purchases. Limited to one upgrade per transaction. New status active 5 days after purchase. Full Reward Zone programrules are available at MyRewardZone.com.

what sucks is I would have made silver this year anyway.

[quote name='confoosious']promotion started only a short while ago.[/QUOTE]
Oh okay that makes sense, thanks. Guess it's not my time to join the 1% club yet.:lol:

[quote name='confoosious']promotion started only a short while ago.

https://rewardzonemobile.com/static/premier-silver-upgrade

** Reward Zone members who purchase any mobile phone with plan between 9/14/12 and 10/31/12 get Premier Silver status. Reward Zone number must be attached at time of transaction. Not valid on prior purchases. Limited to one upgrade per transaction. New status active 5 days after purchase. Full Reward Zone programrules are available at MyRewardZone.com.

what sucks is I would have made silver this year anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wow I bought a gs3 on 9/10...

Wait, the $20 promo doesn't print out at the time you buy the game like it does at K-Mart?

[quote name='Blackout']Wait, the $20 promo doesn't print out at the time you buy the game like it does at K-Mart?[/QUOTE]

No. It's a RZ cert. You have to wait 30 days.

I forget, can I walk into BB Monday night and preorder NBA 2k13 and still get the $20? Trying to decide whether to get it on launch or not.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Do you trade in a lot there? I was awarded silver a while back (a lot of CAGS were actually) when I wasn't even close to spending $2500. I wasn't even at $500 and while I trade in games all the time, it wasn't close to $2500 worth so I have no idea why their system awards that so inconsistently.

But I remember the consensus back when a lot of us were getting upgraded for no reason was that we were all trading in quite a bit.[/QUOTE]This is probably it, since I've been trading in quite a few games recently (though no more than one copy of a game per system and never in a way to draw suspicion).

Speaking of which, I'm amped to trade in the :ps3: and :360: copies of Game of Thrones I bought from Gamefly for $10 each to get a total of $50.40 after bonuses tomorrow. :bouncy:

[quote name='therealdanhill']A few pages late, but I meant a $20 preorder cert for WWE 13. It's as big a release as those other games I would think.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a big release, like Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3 and Blops II

[quote name='jza1218']I forget, can I walk into BB Monday night and preorder NBA 2k13 and still get the $20? Trying to decide whether to get it on launch or not.[/QUOTE]

I would just wait for black friday, chances are it will be on sale. It's what I am going to do.

[quote name='aircobra']I would just wait for black friday, chances are it will be on sale. It's what I am going to do.[/QUOTE]

But your not getting all star weekend. That and dream team makes it an upgrade over 2k12 and waiting until Black Friday.

[quote name='therealdanhill']A few pages late, but I meant a $20 preorder cert for WWE 13. It's as big a release as those other games I would think.[/QUOTE]

It is, but its THQ. You rarely see a sale or promo on wwe games until they drop msrp. I only remember one sale last yr and it was best buy dod. This one is going to sell like crazy compared to past yrs because punk on the cover and the attitude era. Wish I can get the scsa edition at best buy.

[quote name='finstersucks']But your not getting all star weekend. That and dream team makes it an upgrade over 2k12 and waiting until Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Wait, is the dream team a preorder bonus or something?

[quote name='jza1218']Wait, is the dream team a preorder bonus or something?[/QUOTE]

No it's not but its what makes it worth upgrading to 2k13. Most sports games its a roster update every yr, this yr the addition of the dream team and all star weekend make it worth the purchase. Mj vs Vince slam dunk contest would sick.

I have also been mysteriously upgraded to premier silver. Not sure why since I definitely have not spent the required amount. I did just trade in 7 games the other day.

I've never been rewarded this, so I checked out the benefits. One thing caught my eye--the free house call. Does that mean I can call and schedule geek squad to come and calibrate my tv FOR FREE? I will still tip the guy. Did I read that right? Anyone get this service done free as a result of being premium silver?

Does Silver membership equate to faster points being approved?
Cause my points are getting put through about 2 weeks give or take a day lately.

[quote name='iduncurr']Does Silver membership equate to faster points being approved?
Cause my points are getting put through about 2 weeks give or take a day lately.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that as well, my latest purchases are clearing about the same time as yours.. It must be a new privilege they just added.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I have also been mysteriously upgraded to premier silver. Not sure why since I definitely have not spent the required amount. I did just trade in 7 games the other day.

I've never been rewarded this, so I checked out the benefits. One thing caught my eye--the free house call. Does that mean I can call and schedule geek squad to come and calibrate my tv FOR FREE? I will still tip the guy. Did I read that right? Anyone get this service done free as a result of being premium silver?[/QUOTE]

not free, exactly... you also get a $100 credit towards your next home theater purchase of $500 (maybe 600) or more! that's if it hasn't changed since last year.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I have also been mysteriously upgraded to premier silver. Not sure why since I definitely have not spent the required amount. I did just trade in 7 games the other day.

I've never been rewarded this, so I checked out the benefits. One thing caught my eye--the free house call. Does that mean I can call and schedule geek squad to come and calibrate my tv FOR FREE? I will still tip the guy. Did I read that right? Anyone get this service done free as a result of being premium silver?[/QUOTE]
Did you recently get a new cell phone from BBY? Anyone who does is upgraded to Silver.

[quote name='aircobra']It isn't a big release, like Halo 4, Assassin's Creed 3 and Blops II[/QUOTE]
I dunno, last years game was the highest selling wrestling game ever, sold over a million, and preorders are up like 200 percent for WWE 13. But yeah, it is THQ, and these games don't hold a high price for long anyways, just would have been nice to throw us a bone.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I dunno, last years game was the highest selling wrestling game ever, sold over a million, and preorders are up like 200 percent for WWE 13. But yeah, it is THQ, and these games don't hold a high price for long anyways, just would have been nice to throw us a bone.[/QUOTE]

you never know with bestbuy, i remember pes 2013 did not have the $20 rewardzone certifcate offer, but near release date, bestbuy gave $10 gift card with purchase of pes 2013. at the worst case sceneario, you still have a chance to price match

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back