Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sharkey1337']Hm, this is another reason why I prefer online orders and pming over the phone as I'm always able to pm even with Reward Zone coupons used. Usually they'll mention the price was already dropped, but once I explain that I used RZ coupons they process it normally and send a gift card my way as lately I've been using only gift cards and RZ coupons for payment.[/QUOTE]

I know they do this sometimes, but it's not really part of their policy to reimburse RZ certificates as they are considered the same as coupons. It's frankly more of a courtesy when they do it. I don't know how much time I would really spend trying to get that additional $6, especially with the wait times and other weirdness of dealing with BB by phone.

[quote name='bojay1997']I know they do this sometimes, but it's not really part of their policy to reimburse RZ certificates as they are considered the same as coupons. It's frankly more of a courtesy when they do it. I don't know how much time I would really spend trying to get that additional $6, especially with the wait times and other weirdness of dealing with BB by phone.[/QUOTE]

No they are not, they are considered a form of payment, also if you have a refund greater than the amount spent in other forms of payment spent and used rewardzone certs for the bulk of it they are supposed to refund you back the points equivalent of the pricematch.

[quote name='shady520']No they are not, they are considered a form of payment, also if you have a refund greater than the amount spent in other forms of payment spent and used rewardzone certs for the bulk of it they are supposed to refund you back the points equivalent of the pricematch.[/QUOTE]

Please show me where it says that in their price match policy or anywhere else in writing? RZ certs have no cash value unlike a gift card or other form of payment. I agree that many Best Buy employees or CSRs will credit you back RZ points on a price match, but they aren't required to do so, at least not as a matter of formal policy.

[quote name='bojay1997']Please show me where it says that in their price match policy or anywhere else in writing? RZ certs have no cash value unlike a gift card or other form of payment. I agree that many Best Buy employees or CSRs will credit you back RZ points on a price match, but they aren't required to do so, at least not as a matter of formal policy.[/QUOTE]

See the representative's response:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...-Zone-Certificates-and-Gift-Cards/td-p/647742

Their written policy itself is silent on what they consider forms of payment, anyway. You have to do some simple deductions to arrive at the conclusion that RZ certs will be refunded, just like gift cards. I suppose the legal worth of a response on a forum, though official and made by a representative, is shaky at best, but I've never been denied a procedure that I saw was available to customers as per a post on the forum by a rep. Also, the few times this situation did arise and I PM'd at a store, the process was automatic, to the point where the person didn't even know how much I was getting back as RZ points till I manually calculated the difference. I'm just stating that because I doubt something automatic that the system does on its own is just them being "nice" and "doing me a favor" by giving back what they don't have to.

By the way, and I know this isn't the right place to ask this exactly, but I'm not sure where to go:

does anyone know a step-by-step procedure to get your gift cards loaded on to your pitch-in card? I tried doing this, but got some weird result where I basically used a GC to buy myself another GC and it would've taken weeks to process and so I cancelled it. I've heard people got their GC loaded to their pitch-in card within minutes and I was wondering what I was doing wrong...

[quote name='slimklp']Do you guys know when Best Buy will put up TLOU SE up for pre-order? Is there a time table? Also I know GS requires you to put down 25 for a LE is that the same in-store for BB?(I've only ever pre-ordered Standards at BB)[/QUOTE]
A BB rep is looking into the Survival Edition for me. Will update here once I hear back from him.
[quote name='bojay1997']Please show me where it says that in their price match policy or anywhere else in writing? RZ certs have no cash value unlike a gift card or other form of payment. I agree that many Best Buy employees or CSRs will credit you back RZ points on a price match, but they aren't required to do so, at least not as a matter of formal policy.[/QUOTE]
If I return an item where certificates were used, do I get them back?

• Yes. If you made a purchase using reward certificates and your order is returned or canceled, we will refund the point value of the reward certificate to your Reward Zone account, within 3—6 business days.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/about/faq/rewardsandbenefits

Nothing about price matches but they do refund rz points.

Hey so this price matching thing...I am currently a Gamers Unlocked user....so I could purchase the game after preordering, and get my $20 credit, and then within 30 days I could price match the game down if I saw it cheaper somewhere else ? local ads only ? or online websites too ?

someone explain please haha

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey so this price matching thing...I am currently a Gamers Unlocked user....so I could purchase the game after preordering, and get my $20 credit, and then within 30 days I could price match the game down if I saw it cheaper somewhere else ? local ads only ? or online websites too ?

someone explain please haha[/QUOTE]

I think they do websites now also, or at least they were, but yes that's the idea.

[quote name='Methoes']I wish BB.com would allow me to pre-order for $5 and not pay in full. Who drives to the stores anyways. It's all about free shipping (to save on gas $$$).[/QUOTE]Just do all your pre-order at one time on 1 receipt(if possible use a BB GC) in-store $50 will cover 10 games, order the games on BB.com & once you get all the $20 credits then make your last trip to get a refund for the $50. If you're doing more games then just move the $50 to the next set of 10 games.
You may even be able to get BB to cancel the pre-orders on the receipt & either issue a BB GC for $50 in the mail or just add $50 to your RZ account.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey so this price matching thing...I am currently a Gamers Unlocked user....so I could purchase the game after preordering, and get my $20 credit, and then within 30 days I could price match the game down if I saw it cheaper somewhere else ? local ads only ? or online websites too ?

someone explain please haha[/QUOTE]You can match any physical store w/i 25 miles of your BB. This includes Sam's Club, Costco & BJ's too. You DO NOT NEED THE AD just bring the item up on your smartphone & they will check online via their PC and they may call the store to confirm it's in-stock. Amazon, Neweg should remain in play since Target has adopted to keep them in their policy but the item has to be "sold" by AMZ direct no 3rd parties.

You can bring the receipt to any BB store not just the one you purchased it at to get the match.

If you purchase in-store try to pick up the games on Sat. if release week since this will extend the 30 days from that day. The extra days allow for another week of ads that can be matched from.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']By the way, and I know this isn't the right place to ask this exactly, but I'm not sure where to go:

does anyone know a step-by-step procedure to get your gift cards loaded on to your pitch-in card? I tried doing this, but got some weird result where I basically used a GC to buy myself another GC and it would've taken weeks to process and so I cancelled it. I've heard people got their GC loaded to their pitch-in card within minutes and I was wondering what I was doing wrong...[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is the problem you had, but there is currently an issue with contributing to pitch-cards. I have tried for a week with no luck.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-Com/Can-t-make-Pitch-In-Card-contribution/td-p/651205

If it's ever fixed, from the BB home page click on Gifts -> Wish Lists and then click on View your Lists. That should bring up your pitch-in card and allow you to contribute.

I hope they add Pikmin to the list but I somehow doubt that will happen. TRU needs to offer a $25 gc for Pikmin! It'll be like when super mario galaxy was released. Free gold coin and a $25 gc for buying it on release day.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I hope they add Pikmin to the list but I somehow doubt that will happen. TRU needs to offer a $25 gc for Pikmin! It'll be like when super mario galaxy was released. Free gold coin and a $25 gc for buying it on release day.[/QUOTE]

isn't pikmin a wii-u/ nintendo exclusive game? if it is then, Bestbuy does not cater to nintendo games of any sort as of yet with this $20 promo

When I preordered Dead Space last night the receipt was super long as the $20 reward zone promo was listed over and over and over again. Anyone else have this happen? I preordered God of War as well and it was normal, not repeated over and over.

[quote name='wrencrest']When I preordered Dead Space last night the receipt was super long as the $20 reward zone promo was listed over and over and over again. Anyone else have this happen? I preordered God of War as well and it was normal, not repeated over and over.[/QUOTE]

LOL, imagine you get $200 in reward certs...

[quote name='YBX87']isn't pikmin a wii-u/ nintendo exclusive game? if it is then, Bestbuy does not cater to nintendo games of any sort as of yet with this $20 promo[/QUOTE]

They did with Skyward Sword...sort of. That was when you had to buy 5 games to get $100 at the end, which this new deal effectively replaces.

I renewed my subscription in-store yesterday. I just bought a new subscription and it was tacked on to my existing subscription, now set to expire in March 2014. Now to see if it gets changed over to digital or not...

I preordered Crysis 3 two days ago and later that day got an email saying it was backordered and wouldn't be arriving until the week of February 5th. Now today I get an email asking if there is a problem and saying I left it in my cart. Is there a way to check to make sure it's preordered correctly?

Tried to Pre-Order a couple of games in store today and the pre order system was down, only option was to order on line and pay in full for in store pick up. Tried with different games and they said it had been like that all afternoon. Guess I'll try again another day. Only one I did that way was dead space.

[quote name='wrencrest']When I preordered Dead Space last night the receipt was super long as the $20 reward zone promo was listed over and over and over again. Anyone else have this happen? I preordered God of War as well and it was normal, not repeated over and over.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem when I went to go make my four preorders. Apparently something in the system is broken and prints out like 15 copies of the promotion on a receipt.

Pre ordered crysis and dead space tonight and got the order confirmation email then after as mentioned above got the back order email , very strange never happened before pre ordering online .

HA! That happened to me yesterday as well. It just kept coming.

9 days to DS3 and Sly 4!

[quote name='Demon Soul']Do CE versions not count toward this promo anymore? Pretty sure they did last year.[/QUOTE]

They do.

You can use as many as you want. However make sure that you do not go over the price owed because they will not give you back the change (ex 17.25 owed, use a $20 cert, you lose the 2.75 difference)

[quote name='boosted02gt']You can use as many as you want. However make sure that you do not go over the price owed because they will not give you back the change (ex 17.25 owed, use a $20 cert, you lose the 2.75 difference)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick response. I will keep that in mind.

[quote name='boosted02gt']You can use as many as you want. However make sure that you do not go over the price owed because they will not give you back the change (ex 17.25 owed, use a $20 cert, you lose the 2.75 difference)[/QUOTE]

I don't think you lose it. I think you simply can't use it.

At least that's how they've always treated me in store.

Like if you have a $20 RZ GC and you try to buy a $19 item, you simply can't. I just add a coke or something.

Is there a way to check when my @Gamer sub expires? I want to use some certs to pre-order games that will be out in the future for In Store Pick Up, but don't want to miss out on the promo in case my Unlocked status lapses or something.

Heads up for silver members, it looks like you may have to wait the full 30 days for your certs as it seems like BB has put an end to points posting to your account in 15 days. No purchases that I've made in the beginning of the the month have cleared. Other CAGS are experiencing the same thing. :cry:

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Is there a way to check when my @Gamer sub expires? I want to use some certs to pre-order games that will be out in the future for In Store Pick Up, but don't want to miss out on the promo in case my Unlocked status lapses or something.[/QUOTE]

You can through your RWZ account. The info should be in the top right corner under your name.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Is there a way to check when my @Gamer sub expires? I want to use some certs to pre-order games that will be out in the future for In Store Pick Up, but don't want to miss out on the promo in case my Unlocked status lapses or something.[/QUOTE]
Login @ MyRZ.com. Once your logged in your unlocked status should be displayed below your Member #.

[quote name='Enuf']Just do all your pre-order at one time on 1 receipt(if possible use a BB GC) in-store $50 will cover 10 games, .[/QUOTE]

I went in store today to preorder the 10 games on one receipt and they told me that they can only do 1 preorder per receipt.. That is their new system.. It was also taking him 3 minutes each preorder. I asked if there was anyway to just do it on one receipt he got his manager and the manager said no, 1 preorder per order. I didn't feel like having 10 $5 charges, 10 receipts to keep track of and waiting there for 30 minutes so I left after 3 games.

Sorry if this has been asked before but Is 1 preorder per receipt for all stores??

I was only able to do 1 per receipt as well a couple days back, kind of annoying because they have to re enter all the information after each one and it just takes way too much time.

I was only able to preorder one game per receipt as well, so either the employees arent trained or BB has a dumbass POS programmer/policy. Its a waste of everyones time and now we have to keep track of multiple receipts. So I just completed a BB survey the other day and they asked for problems. I told them this is a problem and explained how it even costs the store more money since they have to print multiple receipts. It also costs them because employees are tied up longer with one customer.

[quote name='Deader2818']I preordered Tomb Raider and Metal Gear on the same receipt a week ago trying to use the 50 off 100.[/QUOTE]
I have to assume that you and others have been able to do it that the employes just arent trained. Which is what I assumed when I was there. I told the girl checking me out that I was sure there had to be a way to do it and that maybe they just didnt train them on it yet. The girl assured me that there was no way it could be done as she was trained on "everything". Obviously this isnt the case.

I preordered Dead Space 3 online this morning for Xbox. 2 hours later I receive an email stating that it is back ordered. What's up with that?

[quote name='wrencrest']I have to assume that you and others have been able to do it that the employes just arent trained. Which is what I assumed when I was there. I told the girl checking me out that I was sure there had to be a way to do it and that maybe they just didnt train them on it yet. The girl assured me that there was no way it could be done as she was trained on "everything". Obviously this isnt the case.[/QUOTE]

There isn't even any training really to do it. At first she said she couldn't, called a manager over and he didn't really know but then she was like "well maybe if I just scan the other pre-order ticket" and then it asked how much I wanted to put down for that one.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I went in store today to preorder the 10 games on one receipt and they told me that they can only do 1 preorder per receipt.. That is their new system.. It was also taking him 3 minutes each preorder. I asked if there was anyway to just do it on one receipt he got his manager and the manager said no, 1 preorder per order. I didn't feel like having 10 $5 charges, 10 receipts to keep track of and waiting there for 30 minutes so I left after 3 games.

Sorry if this has been asked before but Is 1 preorder per receipt for all stores??[/QUOTE]I've done it many times probably just a system error. I'm in BB right now will attempt to & update later.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Heads up for silver members, it looks like you may have to wait the full 30 days for your certs as it seems like BB has put an end to points posting to your account in 15 days. No purchases that I've made in the beginning of the the month have cleared. Other CAGS are experiencing the same thing. :cry:[/QUOTE]I've already suggested that they allow instant RZ points thru the ideas thread it can be done but there's some tech stuff needed to change, I'll link when I get to my PC.

I know most of you do not care about the DS3 microtransaction stuff or DLC but I thought I would at least put out there the day 1 DLC shit. Stuff you know that COULD be in the game but EA says fuck that.

In today's PlayStation Store update, Sony revealed the details on Dead Space 3's controversial microtransactions and downloadable content, spilling the beans on what you'll be able to buy and how much it'll set you back. Let's see if it's everything those mobile gamers expect!

A basic resource pack will set you back a buck, with more significant upgrades and item packs costing five dollars each. The microtransactions will help you get non-paid gear too, as you can buy more scavenger bots (and purchase "personalities" for them) in order to reap in-game rewards. Available is an "accelerator" for the bots -- presumably a way to get your resources faster than the game ordinarily allows.

The list also confirms something we all expected -- an online pass, charging secondhand buyers $9.99 for the privilege of accessing the online co-op mode.

Check out the full microtransaction details below.

Bot Capacity Upgrade $4.99
Bot Personality Pack $4.99
First Contact Pack Free
Marauder Pack $4.99
Sharpshooter Pack $4.99
Tundra Recon Pack $4.99
Witness the Truth Pack $4.99
Bot Accelerator $4.99
Epic Weapon & Resource Pack $2.99
Online Pass $9.99
Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack $1.99
Resource Pack $0.99

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/dead-spa...ces-revealed-243522.phtml#8e0TX6Tpt3zVpKMJ.99

[quote name='Dund3r']I preordered Dead Space 3 online this morning for Xbox. 2 hours later I receive an email stating that it is back ordered. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

Really? I was planning on doing this. I don't feel like going instore to pick up my copy, but it seems I might have to now.

As for those microtransactions, EA can go fuck themeselves. They already have story dlc being made for the game. If its anything like Sever, its most likely gonna cost $10 and only last an hour or two.

Every dead space game has had the weapon and suit microtransactions. Its nothing new, and nothing needed to beat and enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back