Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon I'll pick that one up then. Don't care about achievements/trophies all that much (though my internet for the PS3 always cuts out for some reason, which may steer me away from it...could never download a patch for Max Payne 3 without it dropping connection, but played LA Noire and most other games fine so who knows), and I like the PS3 controller better anyhow.

PS3 games also seem like they hold trade in value a bit better too, but for a new game like this I guess if won't matter if I decide to part with it after finishing.

More concerned about it running smoother and sounding better than the VR missions if they are anything close to what they were in the other MGS games.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: Apparently hearing the campaign is between 6-8 hours as well, so I doubt I'll be holding on to it either way. Perhaps I'll just Redbox it and use my certs for other games.

So I guess BBY changed the release date of The Last of Us to June 18. Has the internet in a tizzy right. Truth or another BBY tech fart?

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I guess BBY changed the release date of The Last of Us to June 18. Has the internet in a tizzy right. Truth or another BBY tech fart?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop did as well. We should hear some official word later today hopefully.

[quote name='Deader2818']Gamestop.com still shows 5/7/2013 for me.[/QUOTE]

They changed it again. As of about 8:00 p.m. PST last night, all three versions showed the 6/18/13 date on Gamestop.com.

[quote name='eXiON']Quick question guys,

I pre-ordered the MGR: Revengeance LE from BB about a week ago after I saw they added the White pre-order bonus for Raiden.

Now as most of you realize, BB still hasn't updated the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" thread, and as such no LE/CEs are listed with the $20 RZ cert. A few BB Reps on the forums however have already stated that we "should" be eligible for the it.

What I'm stumped about is, do you guys think I'll be okay even though my GCU will expire on the 15th of March? Since the RZ certs can take up to 30 days to post, I'm not sure if that could void it. I would think it wouldn't since I purchased it when I was already eligible. Figure I'd ask though![/QUOTE]

LE/CEs are definitely included. Were on the last set of these, are on this one.

Requirment is that you are a GCU member the day that you pick up the qualifying preordered game.

You're renewing your membership regardless, aren't you?

[quote name='blume3']also how does price matching work when you order online?[/QUOTE]You have to call 1-888-BESTBUY with your order number close by, say you want to price-match something you already bought online from Bestbuy.com, then tell the next person to whom you speak where you saw the lower price and provide the order number for your original purchase.

[quote name='dc delta90']LE/CEs are definitely included. Were on the last set of these, are on this one.

Requirment is that you are a GCU member the day that you pick up the qualifying preordered game.

You're renewing your membership regardless, aren't you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will, I'll just probably wait until March 12 gets close that way I can pad a few days in there before I pre-order Ascension. (My GCU expires 3/5)

[quote name='Vigilante']You have to call 1-888-BESTBUY with your order number close by, say you want to price-match something you already bought online from Bestbuy.com, then tell the next person to whom you speak where you saw the lower price and provide the order number for your original purchase.[/QUOTE]

What happens if you paid by GC for the purchase? What do they do?

[quote name='Zolor23']What happens if you paid by GC for the purchase? What do they do?[/QUOTE]
If you still have the GC they can put the funds back on it. If not, they will send you another one via snail mail.

[quote name='klimb22']If you still have the GC they can put the funds back on it. If not, they will send you another one via snail mail.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I still have it, so just waiting for a PM.

[quote name='Royal High Knight'] Awesome. On the bright side, after the hard hitting month of March, all I have to buy is Injustice for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Dead island is april too.
As is Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ($39.99 MSRP o_O)

Hmmm, to preorder Crysis 3 or not? Basically hoping that it drops to 39.99 somewhere within 30 days so I can PM

Buying any EA game at 60 is a little silly, they along with ubisoft titles tend to get to 49.99 like within a week and 39.99 definitely possible

Crysis 3 has TERRIBLE beta IMO, worse than 2's MP. Hopefully reviews come in by Monday

Waiting on reviews is key in this day and age, especially since Aliens Colonial Marines was panned by critics even though it looked decent enough

[quote name='Hemi']As is Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ($39.99 MSRP o_O)[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that it's a bad price? It includes Dragon's Dogma.

[quote name='j.t']fuck that sucks. How long do these RZ Certs last 90. Should have enough time left to use all three RZ certs. that I will receive from preordering Tomb Raider, God of War, and Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

If it is any shorter you can PO it online for in store pickup pay the full amount asap and be good to go.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hmmm, to preorder Crysis 3 or not? Basically hoping that it drops to 39.99 somewhere within 30 days so I can PM

Buying any EA game at 60 is a little silly, they along with ubisoft titles tend to get to 49.99 like within a week and 39.99 definitely possible

Crysis 3 has TERRIBLE beta IMO, worse than 2's MP. Hopefully reviews come in by Monday

Waiting on reviews is key in this day and age, especially since Aliens Colonial Marines was panned by critics even though it looked decent enough[/QUOTE]

That's actually a good reason to use this promo though. Pre-order and purchase it, get a $20 credit, and PM down to $40 during the PM window.

[quote name='Hemi']Dead island is april too.
As is Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen ($39.99 MSRP o_O)[/QUOTE]

Im not to sure on Dead Island. I got sick of playing the first one right after chapter 1. As for the other title I'll wait for a sub $20 price. Just a month ago, my plan was buying Injustice, Last of Us, and GTA V right after Bioshock, but that's been thrown out the window. Atleast my wallet gets to recover a bit and I can play a bit more of my backlog. :)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im not to sure on Dead Island. I got sick of playing the first one right after chapter 1. As for the other title I'll wait for a sub $20 price. Just a month ago, my plan was buying Injustice, Last of Us, and GTA V right after Bioshock, but that's been thrown out the window. Atleast my wallet gets to recover a bit and I can play a bit more of my backlog. [/QUOTE]

Get it release week and play with a full party of friend's, it's fun as HELL, also, $50 msrp, steelbook (stores ran out but online work's) $20 RZ cert, sssoooo... Yeah!

[quote name='aircobra']Are you saying that it's a bad price? It includes Dragon's Dogma.[/QUOTE]

No I just forgot about the DLC coming and now need to decide, keep, or sell, my copy (gonna SSUUCCKKK if vanilla saves don't work)

[quote name='aircobra']Are you saying that it's a bad price? It includes Dragon's Dogma.[/QUOTE]
Didn't realize this until you mentioned this.

From their wiki:
"It's a standalone game that contains loads of new stuff as well as the original, full, Dragon's Dogma game."

Nice. So basically a GoTY version without the GoTY title. Sounded like an stand alone expansion pack like Undead Nightmare.

[quote name='DWulf']That's actually a good reason to use this promo though. Pre-order and purchase it, get a $20 credit, and PM down to $40 during the PM window.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little nervous about depending on a price drop in 30 days. I haven't seen Devil May Cry drop and its been almost 30. Silver members I get it.

[quote name='kelo360']I'm a little nervous about depending on a price drop in 30 days. I haven't seen Devil May Cry drop and its been almost 30. Silver members I get it.[/QUOTE]
So you failed the deepdiscount PM?

[quote name='kelo360']I'm a little nervous about depending on a price drop in 30 days. I haven't seen Devil May Cry drop and its been almost 30. Silver members I get it.[/QUOTE]
If you buy with a credit card you can price match through the credit card company. I think most credit cards price match for 60 days and some even do 90 days.

[quote name='usagi']If you buy with a credit card you can price match through the credit card company. I think most credit cards price match for 60 days and some even do 90 days.[/QUOTE]

Not even close to accurate. The few credit cards that do offer price match protection will only do it a limited number of times per year up to a maximum amount and they make it very difficult to get the protection. In fact, I believe only Citi and Chase currently offer it and then only on very few of their cards. In short, nobody should depend on this as an alternative to price matching at BB.

[quote name='Kuroknight27']So any release day deals for MGR Revengeance, I'm not sure I want to pick it up at full price![/QUOTE]

Well if you're a GCU member and pre-order from BB you get a $20 RZ cert and can PM for up to 30 days or 60 days if you're Silver status.

[quote name='bojay1997']Not even close to accurate. The few credit cards that do offer price match protection will only do it a limited number of times per year up to a maximum amount and they make it very difficult to get the protection. In fact, I believe only Citi and Chase currently offer it and then only on very few of their cards. In short, nobody should depend on this as an alternative to price matching at BB.[/QUOTE]
Chase Sapphire, it's pretty easy with their program I highly recommend it. But it must be the same retailer, and no coupon deal/B2G1 trickery.

[quote name='TooPoor']Chase Sapphire, it's pretty easy with their program I highly recommend it. But it must be the same retailer, and no coupon deal/B2G1 trickery.[/QUOTE]
Do you remember the procedure required to PM on your credit card? I've read fine print for my credit card it says to call the Benefit line. Then to send them your receipt and a printed advertisement of the lower price. After few weeks they send you check of the difference. Is that about right?

[quote name='usagi']Do you remember the procedure required to PM on your credit card? I've read fine print for my credit card it says to call the Benefit line. Then to send them your receipt and a printed advertisement of the lower price. After few weeks they send you check of the difference. Is that about right?[/QUOTE]
Yep, the Mrs. manages the Sapphire and I manage the Freedom, so I can't tell you the exact details, but that is the general procedure. I remember last time there was a hassle about sending the printed advertisement since it was a online sale. She tried to just provide a link but they won't budge.

I also called them to ask if I can fax the ad for further PMs, I forgot what their answer was, I guess it was a no :D

EDIT: I realize I am contradicting myself, seemingly, by saying it was "easy" earlier, so change "easy" in my earlier statement to "not THAT big of a hassle".

I'm sure the answer is a snake waiting to bite me, but I can't seem to confirm this outright. If I use reward certificates to bring down the cost when I pick up the game, that won't affect the promo $20 back, right? TIA.

[quote name='perfectsil']Sony confirms Last of Us delayed to 6/14[/QUOTE]Figures I didn't expect it where it was anyways b/c of GTA. There's just too many top titles release so close together w/o the potential sales boost from black friday/general x-mas sales.

[quote name='kelo360']I'm a little nervous about depending on a price drop in 30 days. I haven't seen Devil May Cry drop and its been almost 30. Silver members I get it.[/QUOTE]Damn, it has been close to a month. With only 2(3 total) release of note Aliens, Dead Space & Anarchy Reigns there wasn't any real competition to the genre.

[quote name='thunder2']I'm sure the answer is a snake waiting to bite me, but I can't seem to confirm this outright. If I use reward certificates to bring down the cost when I pick up the game, that won't affect the promo $20 back, right? TIA.[/QUOTE]RZ certs are "payment" thus they should never affect a promo/price match. They do make the receipt total look funny but it's still easy to figure out. Your good w/RZ certs & that's most likey what will be refunded back to you 1st during a pm.

I can't seem to find any of the special editions of Bioshock Infinite even listed on BBY.com - I'm looking for the Premium Edition ($80) - anyone know if you can still preorder it in-store and, if so, anyone have the 360 SKU (the pre-order kiosk at my store isn't working). Many thanks!

Anyone else on the fence on Crysis 3? Mainly hesitant because I'm already getting Metal Gear Rising and I'm out of RZ certs at the moment so it would be $60 up front.

[quote name='knight19']I can't seem to find any of the special editions of Bioshock Infinite even listed on BBY.com - I'm looking for the Premium Edition ($80) - anyone know if you can still preorder it in-store and, if so, anyone have the 360 SKU (the pre-order kiosk at my store isn't working). Many thanks![/QUOTE]

It is sold out online. Had to google it, then find it thru various links.

The page isn't searchable even with the sku on the website, so good luck!

[quote name='Gamer4life88']My Dead Space 3 purchase finally posted to my RWZ account, no mention of any bonus points though. Hopefully they'll pop up in a couple of days.[/QUOTE]
I'm not seeing my $20 either. Might call in a week or so.

I'm gonna preface this by saying that I won't disclose the store I work for but some major changes are in the works. Beginning around the beginning of March (3rd I believe) the company is changing their return policy to 15 days. The price match policy is changing to 15 days as well. The wording in the learning states that a competitor price match is valid only at the time of initial purchase. Any matches done after purchase only apply to in store or bestbuy.com price changes. The wording makes it seem like competitor price matches will not be allowed after day one purchase.

Summary: 15 day return/PM window is coming in March. Silver members are also losing the 60 day window in April.

The employees at this store aren't happy at the moment.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']I'm gonna preface this by saying that I won't disclose the store I work for but some major changes are in the works. Beginning around the beginning of March (3rd I believe) the company is changing their return policy to 15 days. The price match policy is changing to 15 days as well. The wording in the learning states that a competitor price match is valid only at the time of initial purchase. Any matches done after purchase only apply to in store or bestbuy.com price changes. The wording makes it seem like competitor price matches will not be allowed after day one purchase.

Summary: 15 day return/PM window is coming in March. Silver members are also losing the 60 day window in April.

The employees at this store aren't happy at the moment.[/QUOTE]
What's the return/PM for Silver?

I'm having trouble finding out about the @gamer magazine. I wanted a physical subscription but they told me at the store that they only do digital now. I do not have an iPad so I have not been able to find any information about getting my digital subscription.

Anyone in a similar situation or have any info on how I can get this?

[quote name='Killbomb']Anyone else on the fence on Crysis 3? Mainly hesitant because I'm already getting Metal Gear Rising and I'm out of RZ certs at the moment so it would be $60 up front.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely loved the beta especially hunter mode which added some much-needed white-knuckle suspense to online shooters. My only problem is deciding between 360 and PS3. Eurogamer gave 360 slight edge and lens of truth said PS3 was sharper.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']I'm gonna preface this by saying that I won't disclose the store I work for but some major changes are in the works. Beginning around the beginning of March (3rd I believe) the company is changing their return policy to 15 days. The price match policy is changing to 15 days as well. The wording in the learning states that a competitor price match is valid only at the time of initial purchase. Any matches done after purchase only apply to in store or bestbuy.com price changes. The wording makes it seem like competitor price matches will not be allowed after day one purchase.

The employees at this store aren't happy at the moment.[/QUOTE]

well, this is bad news if it is true. I can live with this as long as they still offer $5-10 games with gamers coupon, and the occassional $10-20 sale on newer games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back