Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enguarde22']So has anyone received the $20 certificate for Dead Space 3 without having to call in?[/QUOTE]

I did, I got it on Friday.

[quote name='Enguarde22']So has anyone received the $20 certificate for Dead Space 3 without having to call in?[/QUOTE]

I haven't. I will have to call. I did get the Metal Gear, but no Crysis even they were purchased on the same transaction.

i received my dead space 3 without having to call in, might end up having to call for crysis 3 but going to wait the 35 days before I do call though

My Dead Space points are there but they are still pending. 1000 for the promo and 56 for the transaction itself (which I thought was weird). Should I be worried? All my other preorders have posted exactly on the 30th day, but not this time.

[quote name='Deader2818']It can some time take 35 days. If you don't get it on the 36th day, id call.[/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks. I always try to avoid calling so I will wait till later next week arouns Wednesday.

[quote name='kylerg']35 for DS3 is this Tuesday right? I got like 8 points (due to coupons) posted, but no 1000 pending anywhere.[/QUOTE]

It's 35 days from when it was shipped for online orders or from the date you picked it up in-store.

My Tomb Raider is pending the bonus points but da nada on the Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising (still pending though). Officially Dead Space 3 posted a few weeks ago but no bonus points...I'll call Tuesday if nothing magically appears though.

[quote name='iduncurr']My Tomb Raider is pending the bonus points but da nada on the Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising (still pending though). Officially Dead Space 3 posted a few weeks ago but no bonus points...I'll call Tuesday if nothing magically appears though.[/QUOTE]

da nada (incorrectly spelled btw) means 'it's nothing' in Spanish. just use nada next time ;). (just having fun with ya, don't take me as a grammar Nazi). I wouldn't panic about the points. simply wait the 35 days and I'm sure they'll post. but yeah, a short phone call will fix it

[quote name='shadowkast']da nada (incorrectly spelled btw) means 'it's nothing' in Spanish. just use nada next time ;). (just having fun with ya, don't take me as a grammar Nazi). I wouldn't panic about the points. simply wait the 35 days and I'm sure they'll post. but yeah, a short phone call will fix it[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would take you as a grammar Nazi with a post like that. ;)

Quick question...So I preordered Crysis 3 and used a reward zone certificate and a couple different gift cards to buy it. Just called to price match Amazon for $40 and she let me do it.

The last time I price matched something and used a couple gift cards, the amount was refunded to both of them. I also got an email right away saying the amount will be refunded on that one and I haven't yet on this price match. Is there any way to check gift card history at Best Buy? I know one card was fully used, but I don't remember how much was left on the other one. Just want to make sure I actually get the $20 back.

Thanks in advance!

I called BB customer service this morning and successfully price-matched God of War, Gears and Bioshock with frys.com's $50 pre-order deal. I was then transferred to a Reward Zone person who comped me the 2000 points for DS3 and MGR:R. Unlike the last person with whom I spoke - and who suggested I call today if my points were still missing - this lady said she didn't see any bonus points pending, and that the store probably ran my pre-orders incorrectly. So, FYI, when picking up online pre-orders in store, maybe not bad to ask them to make sure the RZ site will reflect that.

I would say after Last of Us gets released, they will add games to the back end of the year. Splinter Cell, GTA 5 and Stick of Truth are already pushed back to the 2nd half of the year. Adding Aassassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs and Call of Duty to it would make the most sense.

I highly doubt any 720 or PS4 games will be on the list as well as any first party Nintendo games.

[quote name='x inFAMOUS x']Does anyone know if they wil add anymore games like watchdogs or AC4?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say. To my knowledge there hasn't been any confirmed talk about it. However, it's entirely plausible there will be a Fall 2013 promo, especially with next-gen consoles on the horizon and new games being confirmed or adding already announced games to a promo.

[quote name='mathyou']I called BB customer service this morning and successfully price-matched God of War, Gears and Bioshock with frys.com's $50 pre-order deal. I was then transferred to a Reward Zone person who comped me the 2000 points for DS3 and MGR:R. Unlike the last person with whom I spoke - and who suggested I call today if my points were still missing - this lady said she didn't see any bonus points pending, and that the store probably ran my pre-orders incorrectly. So, FYI, when picking up online pre-orders in store, maybe not bad to ask them to make sure the RZ site will reflect that.[/QUOTE]

I picked up my preorder copy of tomb raider this tuesday and I see pending points for the purchase, but i don't see the 1000 bonus points pending on my rz account. Should I givea call or wait?

[quote name='sjc1279']I picked up my preorder copy of tomb raider this tuesday and I see pending points for the purchase, but i don't see the 1000 bonus points pending on my rz account. Should I givea call or wait?[/QUOTE]

Wait 35 days. It some times takes a few days for the bonus to show up.

[quote name='petethepanda']Lack of pc games continues to be frustrating. I'd love $20 for Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

Green Man Gaming has the best deal right now on Infinite for PC. It's $60 but you get 2 free games plus either $14 cash back within a few days or $15 GMG credit when the game is released.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

[quote name='jmel932']Quick question...So I preordered Crysis 3 and used a reward zone certificate and a couple different gift cards to buy it. Just called to price match Amazon for $40 and she let me do it.

The last time I price matched something and used a couple gift cards, the amount was refunded to both of them. I also got an email right away saying the amount will be refunded on that one and I haven't yet on this price match. Is there any way to check gift card history at Best Buy? I know one card was fully used, but I don't remember how much was left on the other one. Just want to make sure I actually get the $20 back.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

If you didn't get the email immediately, you're almost certainly going to have to call back. Happened to me and a few others before.

[quote name='mathyou']I called BB customer service this morning and successfully price-matched God of War, Gears and Bioshock with frys.com's $50 pre-order deal. I was then transferred to a Reward Zone person who comped me the 2000 points for DS3 and MGR:R. Unlike the last person with whom I spoke - and who suggested I call today if my points were still missing - this lady said she didn't see any bonus points pending, and that the store probably ran my pre-orders incorrectly. So, FYI, when picking up online pre-orders in store, maybe not bad to ask them to make sure the RZ site will reflect that.[/QUOTE]

So we can PM the Fry's Pre order deal? Or does this depend on the rep you get?

Just got off the phone. The lady told me they're doing something new where they need to send it out to be approved now. She said I should get the email within a few hours, but it can take up to 72 hours.

Is the $50 preorder price for God of War at Fry's still available? I don't see it listed online, looks dead to me (comes up as $59.99+ in my cart on the final checkout sceen). Thanks.

Anyone know if an in-store pre-order can be picked up at a different store? In other words, I pre-ordered from one store (only $5 down), but can I complete my payment/pick-up transaction at another?

[quote name='nuuuuj']Anyone know if an in-store pre-order can be picked up at a different store? In other words, I pre-ordered from one store (only $5 down), but can I complete my payment/pick-up transaction at another?[/QUOTE]

No, they would need to cancel the pre-order at the other store and replace it at the new store. The new store can do all that in house, but that means if it's the day the game comes out...can't pre-order again.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No, they would need to cancel the pre-order at the other store and replace it at the new store. The new store can do all that in house, but that means if it's the day the game comes out...can't pre-order again.[/QUOTE]

Bleh, crap, oh well.

my gaming rep told me the deadline for pickup changed from 1 week to 1 day to get the credit, i assuming he was fulla crap, was waiting till sunday to pickup games now since the price adjust policy changed.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']my gaming rep told me the deadline for pickup changed from 1 week to 1 day to get the credit, i assuming he was fulla crap, was waiting till sunday to pickup games now since the price adjust policy changed.[/QUOTE]

He's full of shit. Its seven days.

Looks like God of War pre-order price at frys.com is dead, but Gears and Bioshock are still up for grabs.

[quote name='DomLando']So we can PM the Fry's Pre order deal? Or does this depend on the rep you get?[/QUOTE]

According to the new policy, as long as you PM at the time of order, they will match Fry's. If a Rep gives you crap, point them to the new policy online. If that doesn't work, either call back or post on the BB Unboxed forum. Or both.

[quote name='mathyou']Looks like God of War pre-order price at frys.com is dead, but Gears and Bioshock are still up for grabs.

According to the new policy, as long as you PM at the time of order, they will match Fry's. If a Rep gives you crap, point them to the new policy online. If that doesn't work, either call back or post on the BB Unboxed forum. Or both.[/QUOTE]

But if I have already pre-ordered the title (in this case, Bioshock), then I'd have to cancel that order and place the order over the phone with the CS rep to pm.

Is that a correct interpretation of this new policy?

After waiting the 35 days, has anyone's points actually shown up? All my transaction that post this year never have the bonus 1000. Last year I never had an issue with these points. Just wondering if I am going to have to call for every game I purchase after the 35 days.

[quote name='DomLando']After waiting the 35 days, has anyone's points actually shown up? All my transaction that post this year never have the bonus 1000. Last year I never had an issue with these points. Just wondering if I am going to have to call for every game I purchase after the 35 days.[/QUOTE]

Still no points pending/posted for Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, or Metal Gear Rising. Called the silver line today and got a nice lady who said she put 1000 points into my account for Dead Space 3 since it was over 30 days. She said that she will put a note in and send it to some department to look into why my points for the others are not pending so that hopefully they can fix and I would not have to call for the other two titles.

Luckily I missed the preorder cutoff for Tomb Raider and I am just going to pick Tomb Raider, Gears of War, and God of War up from Target instead during their B2G1Free sale. With all the crap happening lately I am pretty much done with Worst Buy.

Sweet, I just received tracking for my God of War Acension Collector's Edtion. I got this for completely for FREE since Bestbuy cancelled my order for no reason last month. They also issued me a $5 gift card for the error on their part. LOL!!!

For the people who are not seeing your points, just called Bestbuy CS, they usually take care of all your issues. I don't know about you guys, but BB has been really nice to me lately... Hahaa!!

[quote name='kellte2']But if I have already pre-ordered the title (in this case, Bioshock), then I'd have to cancel that order and place the order over the phone with the CS rep to pm.

Is that a correct interpretation of this new policy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's correct. It seems ridiculous - why muck up the system with multiple orders when you could just reduce the price on one order? But that's the policy now.

Wahoo! Successfully pre-ordered Gears for $39.99 at Best Buy. If interested, call CS and have them check newegg.com. Let them know they will have to add the game to cart, enter the code supplied on the product page, and then begin checking out.

[quote name='Donut2922']Tomorrow would be Day 35 for Dead Space 3 preorders picked up on Day 1.[/QUOTE]

That extra day is not going to make a difference.

Just called Best Buy CS and got Gears for $40. Used $20 in rewards and $21.20 in gift cards. So basically the $20 rewards negate themself. So $21.20 for a game I was mildly interest in works for me.

[quote name='mathyou']Yes, that's correct. It seems ridiculous - why muck up the system with multiple orders when you could just reduce the price on one order? But that's the policy now.[/QUOTE]

AND occupy a CS rep's time with cancelling/placing a new order with RZ certs and other gc credit, etc. I won't bother with that nonsense, but good to know for the future.

I ended up getting them to PM Neweggs Gears of War Judgement price, but it wasn't easy. They would match the Frys.com price with no problem, but since Newegg's price involves a promo code you may run into some issues.

Congrats to the CAGs who got that price match. The lady I talked to said the phones have been ringing off the hook the past 2 hrs. : )

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how are people PMing Fry's (too late for god of war) and Newegg's Gears promo? It seems you have to signin for both sites to see the prices.[/QUOTE]

I guess some CS reps take your word for it? I had Bioshock PM'ed with no issue. I wish I knew I could do this as I would have PM'ed Tomb Raider and God of War.

Dumb question but how long is the $20 pre-order certificate offer good until for a game?

For instance, Tomb Raider is already out but bestbuy.com still shows the $20 cert as an offer on the game page, could I go buy it now and get the $20 still? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back