Best Buy YMMV Thread

mikeshinobi

CAGiversary!
Can we have a thread where we share deals we find at our local Best Buys? Of course they're always YMMV but it would give us ideas of what to look out for.

I have two local best buys and each of them had different deals:

Best Buy #1:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NSW): $15.99
Best Buy #2:

• Disgaea 4 (NSW): $15.99
  • Dead Cells (NSW): $10.99
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS): $12.99 (didn't get this, very sad)
  • Some other 3DS title I was extremely sad I missed out on (3DS): $10.99
There were some others but these were the ones that stood out the most that I can remember.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if your Best Buy has a price placard out for a game but they're sold out, you can ask an employee to order it for you from their website and they will match their in-store price! Of course they have to have stock on the website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotted a couple of clearance games in store:

PS4 - Ion Fury $9.49

PS5 - MLB The Show 21 $5.49

I might have to go back tomorrow to see if I am able to locate a Samurai Jack for PS4 in stock  :whee:

attachicon.gif
97AF77CD-3BEE-43F9-A5D0-CD54A883F52F.jpeg
exceptional find.

Nickelodeon Kart Racers - Xbox $5.99

Nickelodeon Kart Racers Xbox One GM00806 - Best Buy

YMMV:
Monster Hunter World(Not Iceborne edition) 6.50(XBO)
Goosebumps(Switch)8.50
Rainbow Six Seige(XBO) $12.99
Anthem Standard Edition(XBO) $6.50

Hit up a few stores and found the following Switch games tagged as clearance at one or more. YMMV, prices (and clearance status) may vary by location. Some of these are not great prices but could be elsewhere:

:switch:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX - $4.99

Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia - Standard Edition - $12.99

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - $12.99

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Complete Edition - $12.99

Fallen Legion Revenants - Vanguard Edition - $12.99

Foreclosed - $9.49

Ghostrunner - $23.99

Goosebumps - $6.49

A Hat in Time - $12.99

Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars - $31.99

Indivisible - $12.99

Monster Harvest - $27.99

Piofiore: Fated Memories - $20.99

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - $12.99

Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission - $9.49

The Survivalists - $12.99

Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games - $14.99

Very Very Valet - $9.49

Vitamin Connection - $9.49

Hit up a few stores and found the following Switch games tagged as clearance at one or more. YMMV, prices (and clearance status) may vary by location. Some of these are not great prices but could be elsewhere:

:switch:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX - $4.99

Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia - Standard Edition - $12.99

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - $12.99

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - Complete Edition - $12.99

Fallen Legion Revenants - Vanguard Edition - $12.99

Foreclosed - $23.99

Ghostrunner - $23.99

A Hat in Time - $16.99

Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars - $31.99

Indivisible - $23.99

Monster Harvest - $27.99

Piofiore: Fated Memories - $20.99

Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission - $17.99

The Survivalists - $12.99

Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games - $14.99

Very Very Valet - $9.49

Vitamin Connection - $9.49
Really wouldn't mind Alex Kidd, but my local store didn't have it and I'm not keen on going on a wild goose chase for one game that I don't "need". Theres also only 2 bestbuys within 15 mins of me. The rest are all 30 or more in various directions.

Indivisible(Switch): $12.99
Knockout Fitness xseed(Switch):$23.99
Mortal Shell(PS4)$9.99
Borderlands 1 GOTYE(XBO):$6.50
Saints Row The 3rd(XBO):$6.50
NBA 2k22 Anniversary Edition(PS4):$29.99

Really wouldn't mind Alex Kidd, but my local store didn't have it and I'm not keen on going on a wild goose chase for one game that I don't "need". Theres also only 2 bestbuys within 15 mins of me. The rest are all 30 or more in various directions.
I found a lot of other stuff, but noticed that prices definitely varied -- Alex Kidd was $17.99 at the only local store that had it around here.

At the last few stores I found a few things a couple dollars less than I'd gotten them for and was able to get price adjustments down to the lower price just by showing the receipt from my phone.

Here's what I found at one store in my area today:

Oddworld Soul Storm (day one edition) PS4 - $15.99
GI Joe Operation Blackout PS4 - $6.49

Also some sort of football game for $9.49, wasn't madden but can't remember the exact name, also for PS4

not sure if anything good is worth picking up via instacart but they have 22$ off a 40$ purchase promo going via email for grads. 

Is Samurai Jack still cheap on PS4? I noticed my local best buy has a few copies but the website shows them at regular price

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Is Samurai Jack still cheap on PS4? I noticed my local best buy has a few copies but the website shows them at regular price

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
best buy is completely YMMV on clearance prices. The website always charges a higher, full MSRP price typically.

I drove to a Best Buy an hour away because they had one PS4 copy left in stock. Rang up for full MRSP. It’s definitely YMMV.

I drove to a Best Buy an hour away because they had one PS4 copy left in stock. Rang up for full MRSP. It’s definitely YMMV.
Clearance is always very YMMV at Best Buy. It's possible it never went down at that store or it went back up after they cleared out a few copies.

Clearance is always very YMMV at Best Buy. It's possible it never went down at that store or it went back up after they cleared out a few copies.
walmart is now notorious for this too. I've often seen clearance games get marked back up to MSRP. Then last fall after the big nation clearance, my local stores literally mark down games $1 from $29.96 to $29.00 and put a yellow clearance tag on it.

:switch: Indivisible for Switch seems to have dropped to $12.99 at some locations. Saw it at $23.99 previously.

Anybody else have trouble accessing BestBuy through Firefox? I haven't been able to for months now but works just fine on Chrome.

Anybody else have trouble accessing BestBuy through Firefox? I haven't been able to for months now but works just fine on Chrome.
Usually when a site doesn't work on Firefox, I go delete the cookies for just that site and it starts working just fine.

Found these yesterday,

:pS4: Mortal Shell $9.49

:Switch: Goosebumps the Game $6.49

:XB1: Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 Grand Prix $9.49

:XB1: Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD $6.49

Samurai Jack was in stock, but rang up $39.99

The super monkey ball and Kart racers 2 were a surprise to me.  

Good Luck

Found:

:switch: Foreclosed for Switch at one local store for $9.49

It seems they foreclosed on Foreclosed :p

Ends August 19. 10 games for 10 days for $10.
This event is a perfect 10. Buy a different video game each day for $10. Find great titles in a variety of genres for Xbox, PlayStation and Switch.
Each game deal is for one day only. Limited quantities.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/video-games-on-sale/pcmcat1649105798442.c?id=pcmcat1649105798442&ref=E50C22R004&loc=BODY&eut=172016033&jobid=2950

Day 1:
Call of Duty Vanguard - Xbox One
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/call-of-duty-vanguard-xbox-one/6477146.p?skuId=6477146

Call of Duty Vanguard - PS4
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/call-of-duty-vanguard-playstation-4/6477142.p?skuId=6477142

I don't think I'm alone when I say it's going to be 10 days of stuff no one wants anymore in the first place that we've all seen before.

Gonna be battlefield, anthem, a couple outdated sports games, and one shovelware title released at $20 probably

I don't think I'm alone when I say it's going to be 10 days of stuff no one wants anymore in the first place that we've all seen before.

Gonna be battlefield, anthem, a couple outdated sports games, and one shovelware title released at $20 probably
Cyberpunk 2077 and Mario vs Rabbids again.

COD for PS4 sold out so ...

10 days of overstock. And yet the uneducated masses still fall for it every time.
It has a free PS5 upgrade (that is a pain in the ass to find) so it's a $10 PS5 game essentially.

Also with trade boost a set of Vanguard on PS4/XB1 was a 75% trade flip to GameStop.

YMMV obviously but Nioh 2 was a $2 Walmart clearance game last fall, and I believe the PS5 collection was $7. Might be worth checking your local store if you want an even better deal than this.

I’m guessing once those Nioh collection at Walmart are gone they’re gone for that price though. Not getting my hopes up finding one for $7

bread's done
Back