Best Game Trade-In Program 2010

Amazon for sure. Takes a while to get the games there. But extra amount and the variety of items for purchase with the giftcard really blows GS out of the water.

Gazelle. Before they were killed by greedy bastards, Gazelle was the best trade in around. They died around oct or november but in my mind, still the best trade in program for last year.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Gamestop, had some nice promos[/QUOTE]
I thought Gamestop had some very good promotions last year. I'd still probably vote for Amazon though.

I like Amazon for their TIVs, but there are some horror stories about NorAm (the guys actually buying your used games). I haven't had a problem yet personally *knocks on wood*.

[quote name='aaronmills']Amazon for a combination of giving out gift card promos when you buy new, then having high trade-in values shortly after the game comes out.

One example that comes to mind: Little Big Planet 2 released at $56.99 if I remember correctly and also came with a $20 GC. A week or two after release, the trade-in value was $40. If you finished the game by then, you could have essentially gotten paid $4 for playing it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I bought Black Ops for $60 w/ a free $20 gift card on release day, and then traded it in three months later for $38.50.

Amazon. I got to trade-in my copy of Dead Rising 2, use the credit to get the Zombrex Edition, and still have a dollar left over. Amazing.

Amazon!
Aside from them returning as "damaged" a game or two that were in great condition, I've had a great time trading w/ Amazon, and they make it super easy by paying for shipping.

[quote name='aem']Amazon but I think this award should be renamed to least crappy trade-in program.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you got it. They all leave a good bit to be desired. Amazon makes me feel the least cheated and humiliated, so the prize should go to them.

Best Buy, Amazon gives better prices usually but after having some problems like a game being rejected because they said it was not for resale when that was not the case or refusing to honor trades and then claiming that I canceled the trade myself and Amazon CS stating NorAm didn't cancel the trade, it gets annoying.

[quote name='oasisboy']Does Amazon take your games without the original artwork? No...[/QUOTE]
That's exactly why I hope they win. I hate all the generic cases for 360/triple/wii and cart-only for DS games at GS. Some people don't care about packaging, but it's important to me.

gazelle had they been consistent and added newer games...but that's why the tiv were good in the first place?

Amazon is the best since the tiv are updated the most. would be even better (for me) if I wasn't taxed so I could do flips easily

Amazon. If you keep an eye on their trade-in fluctuations, you can wind up with some really great trade values.

Best Buy gets my vote on this, I only wish they were as fast as Gazelle. Amazon's affiliate Noram is rather shady... whether it be reselling used as new or full of random/baseless rejections

My local Best Buy does has the new trade in program and it is brilliant. You receive much more money from BB than Gamestop.

bread's done
Back