Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Yea I did that for the first copy but I was hoping there was an easier way since I have 10 copies haha[/QUOTE]

Yea they suck in that department.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Yea they suck in that department.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for your help. Now that I know I can do this trading towards PayPal I'm gonna look around for even more games to flip. Cuz real money is wayy more valuable than a Best Buy card ha :)

How long do they usually take to confirm that they've received a game? From the DC, they've had it for 6 days so far and the game's status is still waiting to be received.

Anyone think it's a bad idea to put eztradein eBay trade in on the packaging slip with your name and email? Like just write it in pen orsomethig that waythere is still a contact info?

I think I stuck an address label on my trade-in slip. I didn't like that there was no indication of who it was for or anything on their packing slip. If I send more in there (I was waiting for the forst to clear but it is taking forever) I will write the eztrade-in ID on the address label too - like the one they show you before you go to print but when you do print it, it actually says Best Buy on it :roll:.

I inquired about why my shipment wasn't showing as received even though USPS said it was, and this is their response:

Thank you for contacting us. Because video games are received by Gamers Factory, not Dealtree, they are not received into our system. Video Games go through the same process as trade-ins that are delivered to one of Dealtree's facilities, however you will only receive email notification once the payment is issued. Payment will be issued within 7-14 days of receipt at the video game processing facility. We appreciate your business.

Seems pretty stupid (and slow) but there you go. I'm feeling risky and am going to send off another package to them tomorrow even though I haven't gotten paid for the first one yet.

Last week, it seemed that everyone got confirmation email's very early Friday morning. Wait until you wake up on Friday to start worrying.

They are really slow. They received my games on the 8th. Verified the games on the 15th and I just got my gift card on Monday. I have another trade-in pending but I don't know if I will do it again after that one. It is easier to sell them on amazon.

[quote name='nbalive2005']cant do this in store?[/QUOTE]

There were a few test sites that had a trade-in kiosk. I think it was texas but im not sure if that spread to other locations.

[quote name='Japakneez']There were a few test sites that had a trade-in kiosk. I think it was texas but im not sure if that spread to other locations.[/QUOTE]

last i heard those were shut down

[quote name='hellmutt']LBP just dropped to the $20 category, fyi.[/QUOTE]

So did L4D2 and Tekken 6. I got quoted at 30$ for those though so hopefully theyll honor that price. I hope.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So did L4D2 and Tekken 6. I got quoted at 30$ for those though so hopefully theyll honor that price. I hope.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, waiting for my Tekken 6 to arrive from Gamefly so I can flip them. Hope I don't get stuck at the lower price, but since I do have the higher price quote, i'm just going to cross my fingers and send it on in.

Brutal Legend down to $6 and Call of Juarez down to $12. They better honor the 30 tekken 6, 30 lbp, and 20 coj orders I made yesterday. They say your quotes are locked in for 30 days, but that could all be moot on this deal n they r trying to screw us who already sent our stuff in and those who plan to, grrrrr.

[quote name='Velo214']Brutal Legend down to $6 and Call of Juarez down to $12. They better honor the 30 tekken 6, 30 lbp, and 20 coj orders I made yesterday. They say your quotes are locked in for 30 days, but that could all be moot on this deal n they r trying to screw us who already sent our stuff in and those who plan to, grrrrr.[/QUOTE]

Oh noes how am I gonna buy food, I was counting on those flips.

Also, Assassin's Creed II for PS3 has dropped to $20.

[quote name='Velo214']Brutal Legend down to $6 and Call of Juarez down to $12. They better honor the 30 tekken 6, 30 lbp, and 20 coj orders I made yesterday. They say your quotes are locked in for 30 days, but that could all be moot on this deal n they r trying to screw us who already sent our stuff in and those who plan to, grrrrr.[/QUOTE]

And then the confirmation email we get says...

NOTE: if a discrepancy in verified values is found within the next 7 days, another copy of this email will be sent to you with updated values.

So, it may be possible for them to change the value once they confirmed. Although that sounds more wording in case there's an issue with the condition of the game and case, you never know.

Also, thank you flippers and hoarders for once again ruining a good thing for everyone else.

i wouldn't be surprised if they give you the new updated prices since they did say they could change it at anytime, so I just don't see why they would not do just that.

[quote name='bigredvan14']Also, thank you flippers and hoarders for once again ruining a good thing for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should have gotten off your ass and sent your trade in asap. That list was asking for people to send in multiple items with BBV and other items available. Its like when GS changes its TIV from one day to another. If you're going to be a lazy bum, don't blame anyone but yourself.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Its always someones else fault but your own. Bunch of babies always complaining about this, that, or whatever. It's annoying.

[quote name='backseatdog']i wouldn't be surprised if they give you the new updated prices since they did say they could change it at anytime, so I just don't see why they would not do just that.[/QUOTE]
If that happens, then I'll have even more reason to grab every last damn copy of every free via coupon game and every penny guide I can find in every damn Best Buy store till I bankrupt the fuckin' pricks. Once something is 'locked in', it should remain 'locked in'.

And Estebon, my response(that I deleted) to bigredvan was better. I'll just leave it at that.;)

[quote name='hqn101']Oh noes how am I gonna buy food, I was counting on those flips.[/QUOTE]

You'd probably die of starvation waiting for the green light on approvals.

[quote name='bigredvan14']
Also, thank you flippers and hoarders for once again ruining a good thing for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Also, thank you lazy assholes who complain about everything. Maybe they never would have figured out that they were paying MSRP and this deal would have lasted forever... Idiot.

If mine go to $20, it just means that I'll get a different Ipod. From free Best Buy games you came, and to lower credit you will become. No biggie.

I'm really hoping that the quoted values we got will still be applicable. I'd like to think they will only change quotes if the condition of the item you sent in is not that great (missing manual, scratched up disc, wrong UPC). Two of my games were still sealed and the other two were in mint condition.

Same here, all my games were great/new condition. I will be pissed if the games they have had of mine since the 20th were now 8 days later worth less in value because they lowered the prices on the site. I'm hoping when you lock it in for 30 days, that it is locking it in for 30 days. more n more crossing fingers. and now what, if they offer 100 less for 10 lbp's i cant tell them to send it back cuz it will cost me $20+ to get my own games back, held ransom! ugh, this is why i usually stick to gamestop r tru :)

'You must ship your trade-in items within 30 days or the estimated value will be invalid.' Im hoping that means if I made an order yesterday when prices were higher, that I still have 29 days to send in that order and still get that value I was estimated. I'm hoping they only drop value depending on cover art/ manual/ disk quality, in which case I would be fine. What an asshole move if they can change the value over a week after they had your trade ins. What's stopping them from lowering the values whenever they get an influx of trade ins like they did. What the hell is the point of a Spring Deal Trade-In if you pull the yank n switch n then hold our games ransom almost 1/2 a month after shipping it to them. grrrr... yeah cheapest, i took a few freebies before, but im just gonna raid the f out of those freebies if they pull this shia.

'You agree to ship the Item to the address provided within 30 days of accepting the estimate. If the Item is not received within 30 days of the date on which the estimate was provide to you, then Dealtree has the right to revise or withdraw the estimate for the trade-in or credit value of the Item.' Im hopin this means you 'lock it in' for 30 days or else they can revise the estimates.

'
Upon receipt and acceptance of the Item by Dealtree, you hereby agree to transfer all right to and title in the Item to Dealtree, in exchange for the trade-in or credit value quoted to you.' in exchange for the trade-in value quoted to you, so i dont need to stay up to date on their current tiv's, i just need to know the trade-in value quoted to me. and those were the ones i locked in... crossn fingers.

I just emailed the customer service and asked them that if i locked in an estimate yesterday it should still be good if I ship the item in 30 days, rite? ... so hopefully they respond and say all is honky dory...omg what a way to start the day. my games are held hostage!

Does anyone know what the deal is with the pre-paid shipping label? They tell you all this stuff about taking it to a UPS store and getting a UPS receipt, but the label clearly is for USPS (US Postal Service)

So I took it to the UPS store anyway and he said he couldn't give me a receipt for it. Now is it left up to the gods whether Best Buy receives it or not? Is there anyway for me to track my package? I still have a copy of the shipping label.

[quote name='Orofin']Does anyone know what the deal is with the pre-paid shipping label? They tell you all this stuff about taking it to a UPS store and getting a UPS receipt, but the label clearly is for USPS (US Postal Service)

So I took it to the UPS store anyway and he said he couldn't give me a receipt for it. Now is it left up to the gods whether Best Buy receives it or not? Is there anyway for me to track my package? I still have a copy of the shipping label.[/QUOTE]

My label had a delivery confirmation number on it. Just go to USPS's site and punch the code into the tracking box. It should tell you approximately where it's at.

Thanks Velo214 and BMXJouster.

It looks they received the package April 23rd, so hopefully I'll get confirmation tomorrow.

they got mine on the 20th and still no email/response... so you might expect to wait a few more days...(also anyone else just read that record of agarest war, coming out on psn today, takes 10gig install on ps3, omg!)

I would thin that BB would be following generally accepted principles of trades - which is that when you lock in a price, the market changes don't affect the lock. I'm not too worried about it... Now, the package that went way out of the way and has now only scanned once from the USPS, I am a little more worried about... Hopefully it gets there today and my tracking updates.

I have 4 shipments in to BB right now, only one has been processed. I have 10 LBPs locked in, but can't get the order processed through GameStop. I also have one more with all of the Blockbuster games to lock in.

If they screw me over I'm going to be pissed.

cool, they got back to me. yeah prices are locked in for 30 days :) yay

I sent '

I just noticed that your trade-in value of this game, Tekken 6 dropped yesterday. I locked in my estimate when the trade-in value was $30, and now it is listed as $20. As long as I ship the game within 30 days, my estimated quote is still the value I will receive as a gift card, correct? Thank you'

they replied

'Thank you for contacting us. This is correct. Please be sure to ship your item(s) within 30 days of generating your estimate, as the value may be significantly decreased according to current market values, if sent after the 30 day period. We appreciate your business.

Sending in 10 copies of a game is more than enough reason to be considered a dealer. Trade in sites usually don't offer their service to dealers so if you get rejected don't be surprised.

i dont think any of us are dealers on CAG, I know I'm not a dealer. and if they don't want 10 copies sent in they shouldn't have the quantity tab go to 10 and accept trade-ins of 10 games when they send out shipping labels.

[quote name='Japakneez']Sending in 10 copies of a game is more than enough reason to be considered a dealer. Trade in sites usually don't offer their service to dealers so if you get rejected don't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

Where did that even come into the discussion? They have a drop down for 10 items... Therefore, they must accept... wait for it... up to 10 of the same item... I knew math class would come in handy one day.

[quote name='Estebon']Maybe you should have gotten off your ass and sent your trade in asap. That list was asking for people to send in multiple items with BBV and other items available. Its like when GS changes its TIV from one day to another. If you're going to be a lazy bum, don't blame anyone but yourself.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Its always someones else fault but your own. Bunch of babies always complaining about this, that, or whatever. It's annoying.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you're talking about, because I sent my single game that I wanted to get rid of in 2 weeks ago. So I already got off my ass, thanks.

I just mean in general, I hate when people abuse things like this and ruin it for everyone. Really good Best Buy RZ Gamer Club deals seem to have fallen by the wayside with people trying to get an absurd amount of free games.

Same thing here. Best Buy had a really nice promotion going, and people sent in 20+ copies of certain games and ruined the trade in value. It would be like when Gamestop has their "trade in 2 select games and get X dollars off toward Y pre-order" promotion, then them changing the promotion 2 weeks later because they get bombarded with LittleBigPlanets.

thanx for reminding me, i need to go dump my call of juarez's n toystory manias before they get taken off the list ;) oh yeah n OMG!!!1! HOARDERZ RUIND IT ALL!!!!!111! lol
n correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt the tiv's drop anyway? i mean, how long did u think they would accept lbp for $30 when it sells cheaper if you buy it new. I dont think we broke this, i think they are just trying to fix it. but according to my email, those of us who already sent or locked in our estimates should be good to go :)

People complaining that others took advantage of a deal before them.... LBP's trade-in value stayed at $30 until nearly the end of the month. You've had weeks to put your trade in. If you didn't send in your copy by now, we'll that's just silly. Anyone complaining now is complaining because they wanted to buy 5 copies and send them in and they missed out.

FYI, I didn't get any copies of LBP to trade in. Boo fucking hoo for me.

[quote name='Japakneez']Sending in 10 copies of a game is more than enough reason to be considered a dealer. Trade in sites usually don't offer their service to dealers so if you get rejected don't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

I got approved for 10 LBPs, this may be a little weird but I sent in another CoD4 GOTY on Monday, received and verified today.

Oh and velo record of agarest is 18gb installed

Humm...I should have gotten my latest trade submitted before Tekken 6 and Call of Juarez dropped...ah well...at least it still works out slightly in my favor...

If I got my two trades accepted on April 8th and I sent them in tomorrow or Monday would that be enough time? It says I have thirty days, I'm just not sure how long it will take for them to get the package and verify it. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Regardless of whether they allow up to 10 copies of a game to be traded in, you're still a "dealer". Just my seven cents.[/QUOTE]

I spit on your seven cents!

bread's done
Back