BestBuy God of War ascension $4.99 with gamers unlocked coupon/@Gamer coupon

YBX87

Banned
God of War: Ascension $24.99 sale ( $4.99 gcu coupon)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 FULL BURST ps3 $29.99

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 FULL BURST  xbox 360  $29.99

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $14.99 xbox 360

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified ps3 $14.99

Borderlands 2 ps3 $9.99

delete if repost.

THIS IS ONLY A ONE DAY SALE, SO AFTER TOMORROW/ 4/18/2014. PRICE GO BYE BYE/GONE

UNLESS YOU HAVE GAMERS UNLOCKED GAMERS DIGITAL COUPONS, YOU WILL NOT GET GOD OF WAR ASCENSION FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3 PLATFORM FOR $4.99.  IT IS $24.99 FOR THE COMMON FOLKS. ONLY THOSE WHO ARE GRANDFATHERED IN FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE PROGRAM, WHEN IT FIRST STARTED, WILL HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF RECEIVING THE DIGITAL COUPONS STILL.

DisclaimerBefore you einsteins flame me for comments like, bait and switch with the $4.99 sign/NOT A DEAL, ETC...  I am just informing those who are still receiving the gamers unlocked magazine coupons of this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
that explanation makes it seem better that I don't have the coupon :p

so like an ambassador program :( oh well, I should have joined sooner

[quote name="SnootchyBoochys" post="11697555" timestamp="1397812589"]I will give $5.00 in Microsoft points to someone that can trade me for their GOW: Ascension Best Buy coupon. PM me ASAP!...Thanks guys!!![/quote]

Jesus, this thread too?

How do you get the coupon? I'm a GCU member, but I'm not sure where to get the coupons.
They should have been emailed about 2 weeks ago. Only old members got them. They cancelled the mag/coupon last fall and new members of GCU wouldn't be eligible to receive the final coupons. If you joined recently, that would explain why you didnt get them

Great post OP. I still get the GCU coupons so I got the game for $4.99 with free expedited shipping.

Appreciate you posting this otherwise I would have definitely missed it.

They should have been emailed about 2 weeks ago. Only old members got them. They cancelled the mag/coupon last fall and new members of GCU wouldn't be eligible to receive the final coupons. If you joined recently, that would explain why you didnt get them
I've been a member since before they changed the program and I renewed with the coupon they were giving the old members. I don't think I got any coupons?

It might not be the most "God of War" God of War game, but I had a lot of fun with it.  The multiplayer is surprisingly fun if you give it some time.  I thought it was a good deal at $20 when I bought it.  $5 is a no-brainer if you have the coupon.  

Speaking of which - I'm not going to use my coupon.  PM me for it. 

EDIT:  Coupon is gone. 

I've been a member since before they changed the program and I renewed with the coupon they were giving the old members. I don't think I got any coupons?
Depends when your old sub was set to expire. I had a gut feeling changes were coming so I renewed under the old program for $15 so my old sub was good through September. I renewed with the $30 coupon of course but still get the old benefits since I renewed that in September.

Thanks! I played GoW: A for about 3 hours but didn't get into it b/c the game glitched and I had to restart it. Wasn't worth keeping (borrowed it) or getting for $20 (despite other GoW games being great). For $5 I'll get it though.

Getting Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge too just to get free shipping. I'll craiglist it too since the game is garbage. 

It's strange I've been an @gamer member for years and I've gotten every digital mag they've ever sent out including the one sent on March 3rd but for some reason I never received April's.  I've even got GCU through 2018.  Sucks because I would've loved to use this coupon

Thanks OP. I've been waiting on the CE to drop to a good enough buy price (waffled when Newegg had it for $30 a few weeks ago until it sold out) but for $5 I can't resist just the core game to sit on the shelf next to GoW3 which I only got about half way through before getting bored with and moved on. I really need to go back and finish it some day..

So for this title the GCU comes off 1st then the coupon but for the others no. Typical Bestbuy. I would rather pick up Puppeteer for $7 then $12.

Thanks! Jumped on this deal. For those looking for a filler, check out the Ninja Gaiden 3 guide. The listing is a little funky, but it's $0.01 and free shipping!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ninja-gaiden-3-game-guide-playstation-3-xbox-360/4818854.p?id=1218535467470&skuId=4818854&st=ninja%20gaiden%203&lp=2&cp=1
Thanks for this. I have no coupon for GoWA, but I do love me some penny guides. Seeing all the penny guides on the site not available for shipping (mainly KH DDD) brings a pain to my heart, but I'll take what I can get.

I'm looking to the heavens for an @Gamer coupon for GoW:A to fall in my CAG inbox.

Thanks for this. I have no coupon for GoWA, but I do love me some penny guides. Seeing all the penny guides on the site not available for shipping (mainly KH DDD) brings a pain to my heart, but I'll take what I can get.
If it makes you feel better KH3D wasn't available last night either and made me sad as well. I got in right at the start and all of them went from shipping in 0-1 days to shipping in 1-2 weeks so I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

I can't seem to find my latest email from them. I have last months.
Any good soul want to donate a coupon? I've paid it forward it the past. I hope someone is willing. Thanks!!

Dang it man! I've been a GCU member for years but I don't have my magazine since I moved! grrrrrrr well I mean I wasn't really interested and I just bought some games the other day 

If it makes you feel better KH3D wasn't available last night either and made me sad as well. I got in right at the start and all of them went from shipping in 0-1 days to shipping in 1-2 weeks so I'm not holding out a lot of hope.
The Tekken one I ordered shipped, none of the other ones yet though.

Thanks OP.  Ordered along with a guide (missed ME3, but got NG3), using a $5 reward cert.  So, Ascension is most likely going to be one of next months free PS+ games? ;)

In the small, small hope that someone out there can help, I'd love a coupon for GoW Ascension. Been wanting this game for a good while now! And... I'd be grateful forever. 

I really hope those who are begging for coupons have never criticized the @gamer coupons in the past.. it's deals like this that make it worth it.

I'm Unlocked and would be grateful if someone sent me a GoW code...but besides that I have some Best Buy value to add...

For anyone looking for Trials Fusion on Xbone, buy at BB for $32 plus tax, use the $20 Season Pass, trade the game back in for $25 ($23 + 10%), then simply buy Xbox Live currency with the $25, text the receipt and get that extra $5 code (potentially $10 back if you bought two $15 codes I believe).

At most, that should make the combined Trials Fusion and Season Pass no more than $30 after tax, plus you earn more reward points with the purchases. As for God of War, yes I'd love a code as well :)

Damn, I would totally get in on this deal if I got the coupons. When I signed up for GCU I thought I would but didn't realize they discontinued giving them to new members. O well I guess, hopefully it comes to PS+ soon.

You can't sign up for Unlocked online, right? Closest Best Buy to me is over two hours way.
They may start allowing online signups if there`s enough demand shown
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Please-start-allowing-GCU-sign-ups-on-BestBuy-com/idi-p/781019

The only criticizing I've done is that they stopped giving new members the coupons.
The only option at this point is to alert them that there`s still a need/demand for the @gamer coupons. That way ALL GC members would get them via mybb. Just vote for them to start sending them to everyone once the digital subscriptions end here it`s the only way to save the coupons.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Bring-Back-the-Monthly-Coupons-to-all-paid-GCU-Members/idi-p/785677
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Save-Gamer-GCU-BestBuy-don-t-lose-your-edge-now-amp-become-a-1/idi-p/784487

I really hope those who are begging for coupons have never criticized the @gamer coupons in the past.. it's deals like this that make it worth it.
I don't see any begging going on. The @gamer coupons are going away, so your comment doesn't really matter much.

I'm a member and don't see an email with the coupons.

Can someone tell me when they got the email and or what the headline said?

Also who can I contact to get them in the future/

thanks

bread's done
Back