Big Lots Anime DVDs $3.00 New Shipment YMMV?

fairyland

CAGiversary!
As always good old Big Lots has anime but this time at a new low of $3.00 each. Pretty good Bandai titles. I personally bought 10 discs and I think I left about 20 behind, so I think they normally get about 30 in each time, which makes this a YMMV as they usually sell out when the first otaku arrives.

I got:

Gundam Seed 1, 2
Z Gundam 2 Disc CDs 1, 2
Overman King Gainer 1, 2
Hoop Days 1
Panda Z 1,3
Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions.

Not my usual choices (I go for comedy and harems), but I was feeling good and wanted to experiment and $3.00 is so cheap.

Others that I remember:

Stratos 4 OVA
Angels Tales 1, 3 (super recommended, but I already have)
Galaxy Angel 1 (also super recommended and I have)
Wolf's Rain 3 (Most would recommend it, but I hated what I seen of it)

There was several Cowboy Bepop Best Sessions, but almost everything else was that 1 disc only, so the first Otaku that spots this would probably clean out their stock. I honestly cannot remember the other titles, but they was not disc one and I won't try anything mid series anymore. More Mecha/space stuff if I remember, SD Gundam, etc.

----UPDATE 7-11-07

A new batch of titles. I think I wrote them all down, but there could be a couple I missed. All the prior anime DVDs was gone, so I suspect any DVDs mentioned before this date probably won't be in your local store. As always YMMY and usually only 1 per store.

Cowboy Bepop Best sessions (this one had a different cover, but looked like the same contents)
G Gundam 6
Fantastic Children 1
Z Gundam 3 4
Winx (2 diff)
Planetez 3 (special edition)
Angel Tales 2
Galaxy Angel Z 1 3
Stratos 4 1
SD Gundam
Strive 3? (I could not make out what I said...)
Dragonball Z (several)
Panda z 4 5
TMNT new series (several)
IGPX 1, 2 orange, 1 Blue, 3 Green (color of number on side of DVD)
Marsday break 5
DICE (2 kinds)
My Dad Is a Rockstar 1
Case Closed (two different ones)
Yukekazi 1, 2
Yugioh 3.1, 3.5, 4.1
Gundam Seed 5, farway dawn, something sky
Overman King Gainer 3 4 5
Code Lyoko (forgot title)
Zentrix 1 and 2

I personally bought Z gundam 3 and 4. Even though I'm not liking it, my friend does need 3 and 4. The two Winx and two Case Closed. Overman King Gainer 3, 4, 5. Mars Daybreak 5, TMNT with Shredders daughter in it *hubba*, Fantastic Children, and Planetez.

Last time i went to Big Lots they had the movie Zombiez. Which, according to the back of the packaging, was about zombies in the urban ghettos (non caucasian if you catch my drift) and up to some gangstas to bust a cap in their undead asses.

[quote name='bardockkun']Last time i went to Big Lots they had the movie Zombiez. Which, according to the back of the packaging, was about zombies in the urban ghettos (non caucasian if you catch my drift) and up to some gangstas to bust a cap in their undead asses.[/quote]

AVOID MOVIE AT ALL COSTS

Its got less effects than the original Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead. They don't really use blood/decay, no change to skin tones, nothing. Its got to be the worst film I've ever seen. It sucks ass, hard. No acting either, barely any action, real shitty camera work.

[quote name='georox']AVOID MOVIE AT ALL COSTS

Its got less effects than the original Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead. They don't really use blood/decay, no change to skin tones, nothing. Its got to be the worst film I've ever seen. It sucks ass, hard. No acting either, barely any action, real shitty camera work.[/quote] Man, im more suprised someone saw it. You fine sir, have my respect. Also don't worry, I dont plan on seeing it anytime soon...

[quote name='fairyland']As always good old Big Lots has anime but this time at a new low of $3.00 each. Pretty good Bandai titles. I personally bought 10 discs and I think I left about 20 behind, so I think they normally get about 30 in each time, which makes this a YMMV as they usually sell out when the first otaku arrives.

I got:

Gundam Seed 1, 2
Z Gundam 2 Disc CDs 1, 2
Overman King Gainer 1, 2
Hoop Days 1
Panda Z 1,3

Not my usual choices (I go for comedy and harems), but I was feeling good and wanted to experiment and $3.00 is so cheap.

Others that I remember:

Stratos 4 OVA

There was several Cowboy Bepop Best Sessions, but almost everything else was that 1 disc only, so the first Otaku that spots this would probably clean out their stock. I honestly cannot remember the other titles, but they was not disc one and I won't try anything mid series anymore. More Mecha/space stuff if I remember, SD Gundam, etc.[/quote]

Yep, same above mentioned titles at the Melbourne, FL Big Lots this morning. I picked up a bunch of DVD's and 3 computer games for $28.00.

Huh... I figured I didn't have one near me, but one is in a neasrby city bout 30 minutes away. Maybe I'll convince myself to hit FYE and big lots soon... since they are the only stores there I never can get to.

Add these to the above mentioned titles:

IGPX - Immortal Grand Prix
Zentrix (3 DVD set)
Yukikaze Vol 1

Also... pick up DARWINIA for $3.99... it's a really cool PC game. The PC games will no doubt be mixed with the DVD's.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Add these to the above mentioned titles:

IGPX - Immortal Grand Prix
Zentrix (3 DVD set)

Also... pick up DARWINIA for $3.99... it's a really cool PC game. The PC games will no doubt be mixed with the DVD's.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I bought it at CC for $5.

But yes, I second this, everyone with a PC, absolutely everyone, even if the computer isnt really that upgraded (its $4 and you will upgrade eventually, and requirements arent high) should get this game. Read the reviews, it is an artform.

Before you even say overrated, give it a shot, and if you call it overrated, Ill tell you "hey, $4/5 have never been overrated"

[quote name='bardockkun']Man, im more suprised someone saw it. You fine sir, have my respect. Also don't worry, I dont plan on seeing it anytime soon...[/quote]

It was in the 2.50 bin at Hollywood Video, and at that price I figured "It says Zombie more or less on the cover, it can't be all that bad....right?" I was wrong. Needless to say, the DVD is now passed around between people trying to convince them its "good" then waiting til they waste 2 hours of their life watching it, the ultimate burn. :D

[quote name='fairyland']Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions.

Stratos 4 OVA
[/quote]

I definietly want those. Unfortunately I checked two Big Lots and the one closest to me had pretty much just DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho. The other one had nothing at all.

yeah i just picked up bebop best sessions today by chance when i was in there grabbing some exactos for a project i was doing, for $3-4 .... you cant go wrong

went today picked up

mars day breaker vol. 1,2
gundam seed vol 1, 2 and the first movie
gundam zeta vol 1 (2 disc)
galaxy angel vol.1
and some other junk

they had a lot left
anybody know when the get their shipments

No anime to speak of at my Big Lots...but I did grab their one & only copy of Darwinia for $4, so not a total loss. :)

On the off chance that anyone's Big Lots! has Overman King Gainer #4 or higher, I will paypal you for them. For the life of me, I can't find any of those discs for a reasonable price.

I just scored a whole bunch of anime from big lots, my store had TONS and it was not picked through at all (they had hundreds of DVD's)

I got:

Zentrix (huge boxset vol 1), yup even this was 3$
The Robonimation vol 1 and 3
Overman king gainer vol 1 and 2

These will probably be up for trade after I watch them

Sorry, I didn't see any higher volumes of king gainer

I didn't see any Gainer at the one in Danville, Va or locally. Sorry. All they had was some DBZ Uncut and Case Closed so I got some of those.

Yeah, if they had any other volumes of the anime's that I bought I would have bought them as well but at least they had the volume 1's so I could start at the beginning.

I cannot believe how many dvd's they had, it should take a while to clean them all out. There were some of all the series mentioned in this thread, stratos, ninja turtles (was 5$) case closed, DBZ, yu yu hakusho, gundam z, gundam seed. They only had 1 of those boxsets so I grabbed it, I didn't see another one on the racks. Oh yeah they also had a bunch of dirt bike and racing dvd's, some vhs tapes and tons of PC games. I think the VHS tapes were like 3-4$ even more than the dvd's lol!

Big lots seems to be the cheapest place to shop for anything in my city, mostly everything is cheaper than other retail stores, I picked up a sweet computer gel wrist pad for 5$, they are hard to find and I really needed a new one.

You guys are awesome for evening thinking to look. I totally appreciate that.

Case Closed? Sweet. I gots to hit the BigLots around here again. Maybe they got a shipment in.

[quote name='guinaevere']You guys are awesome for evening thinking to look. I totally appreciate that.

Case Closed? Sweet. I gots to hit the BigLots around here again. Maybe they got a shipment in.[/quote]

Yeah, one volume is called Broken Dreams (episodes 62-64) and the other is The Truth About Revenge (episodes 68,69,73 which is weird).

Dang. I don't think I have those.

The Truth About Revenge probably has three related story-line episodes. Maybe that's why the odd ep numbers?

[quote name='guinaevere']Dang. I don't think I have those.

The Truth About Revenge probably has three related story-line episodes. Maybe that's why the odd ep numbers?[/quote]

That might be it. I didn't even realize the eps until just before I typed that. I only have one other Case Closed DVD which was a disc-only freebie the Rightstuf sent in one of my orders this year. The only thing is that I have no idea what I have done with it.:bomb:

doh. =)

This Case Closed talk reminds me. I had picked up Ghost Stories 1-5 at one of TRSIs sale. I thought it would be a cutesy ghost story/pseudo Junior Detective League.

I finally opened disc one the other day and watched the first ep. It's more devily than I prefer. So I'm stuck with more stuff to most likely throw away. :bomb:

[quote name='guinaevere']doh. =)

This Case Closed talk reminds me. I had picked up Ghost Stories 1-5 at one of TRSIs sale. I thought it would be a cutesy ghost story/pseudo Junior Detective League.

I finally opened disc one the other day and watched the first ep. It's more devily than I prefer. So I'm stuck with more stuff to most likely throw away. :bomb:[/quote]

Hi. You could trade it in and get something else. ^^ Not sure what the trade in value at FYE is, but they seem to give the most for stuff. And FYE has the BOGO deal on dvds. Plus Suncoast and FYE have the current exrta 20% trade in if you use their paper trade in sacks.

Man, I wish my local Big Lots didnt close down, I got in on the last time they had a shipment of anime dvds a few years back, and some pc titles here and there.

I wonder why they closed down though, buisness seemed to be doing well, but it was small compared to other Big Lots around. I know that others have also mentioned that their local Big Lots closed down too, were those cuts related in anyway?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You would seriously throw it away?[/quote]I've thrown away games and anime which were worth quite a bit of money (some still sealed) after hearing further details which I wasnt' aware of before buying. The girl at my local EB almost cried when I told her some of the stuff I've tossed, telling me to give her everything next time.

I told her the truth as I believe, "if its bad, it's bad. For me, for you." She wasn't much happier about it, but she respects my beliefs and sorta understands.

BTW, thanks for the tip about Detective Conan. My BigLots had two (dubious intent eps, 65 66 67 and broken dreams). Broken Dreams has tear down the spine, but I can tape that from the inside. They also got in a bunch of DBZ and one DBGT. And a couple TMNT and one Kirby movie. Left everything but the Case Closed discs.

[quote name='guinaevere']I've thrown away games and anime which were worth quite a bit of money (some still sealed) after hearing further details which I wasnt' aware of before buying. The girl at my local EB almost cried when I told her some of the stuff I've tossed, telling me to give her everything next time.

I told her the truth as I believe, "if its bad, it's bad. For me, for you." She wasn't much happier about it, but she respects my beliefs and sorta understands.

BTW, thanks for the tip about Detective Conan. My BigLots had two (dubious intent eps, 65 66 67 and broken dreams). Broken Dreams has tear down the spine, but I can tape that from the inside. They also got in a bunch of DBZ and one DBGT. And a couple TMNT and one Kirby movie. Left everything but the Case Closed discs.[/quote]

Well, if it works for you I guess. I haven't thrown anything away on purpose, but I am about to take the majority of my VHS to Goodwill or The Salvation Army.

BTW, I found my freebie Case Closed disc. It's The Exploits of Genius with eps. 28-33. Glad you were able to find some Case Closed.

[quote name='guinaevere']I've thrown away games and anime which were worth quite a bit of money (some still sealed) after hearing further details which I wasnt' aware of before buying. The girl at my local EB almost cried when I told her some of the stuff I've tossed, telling me to give her everything next time.

BTW, thanks for the tip about Detective Conan. My BigLots had two (dubious intent eps, 65 66 67 and broken dreams). Broken Dreams has tear down the spine, but I can tape that from the inside. They also got in a bunch of DBZ and one DBGT. And a couple TMNT and one Kirby movie. Left everything but the Case Closed discs.[/quote]

I can't throw money away. Bad dvd trade-ins are the fuel that refund my purchases. ^^ And I like shows that are pure crap. Seriously. Weiss Kruez/Knight Hunters ring a bell? XD I'm also partial to Saiyuki, Tactics and other fangirl shows, but I like Lain, Fantastic Children, Samurai 7, etc.

Oh, BTW don't know if anyone else has seen these in a local FYE, but one here had several Funimation titles in a closeout bin.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Well, if it works for you I guess. I haven't thrown anything away on purpose, but I am about to take the majority of my VHS to Goodwill or The Salvation Army.[/quote]I donate stuff to Goodwill and Salvation at least once a month. There's always a bin in the garage that gets filled up as I replace older things with new, or just want don't want this or that anymore.

Other stuff I have fun trying to eBay. As in stuff people look especially for, but don't *need*. The stuff people need (ie, clothes, china, serveware, linens, et cetera) I give.

[quote name='radicaldeth']I can't throw money away. [/quote]I'd rather throw something away than keep a profit and potentially harm someone else. Parents pay NO attention to what they buy for their kids and/or what their kids read/play/watch. These same parents go around thinking their children are great kids who would never do X,Y or Z. I'd rather throw something out than potentially hurt another person.

I believe in good and bad, God and Evil. As such, I have a responsibility to live and behave by certain guidelines. If I only say I believe, but didn't actually live by those beliefs at all times, I'd be a total hypocrite. *shrugs*

[quote name='guinaevere']I donate stuff to Goodwill and Salvation at least once a month. There's always a bin in the garage that gets filled up as I replace older things with new, or just want don't want this or that anymore.

Other stuff I have fun trying to eBay. As in stuff people look especially for, but don't *need*. The stuff people need (ie, clothes, china, serveware, linens, et cetera) I give.

I'd rather throw something away than keep a profit and potentially harm someone else. Parents pay NO attention to what they buy for their kids and/or what their kids read/play/watch. These same parents go around thinking their children are great kids who would never do X,Y or Z. I'd rather throw something out than potentially hurt another person.

I believe in good and bad, God and Evil. As such, I have a responsibility to live and behave by certain guidelines. If I only say I believe, but didn't actually live by those beliefs at all times, I'd be a total hypocrite. *shrugs*[/quote]That's actually really awesome. It is inspiring to see someone stick to beliefs, especially in the face of potential cheap-assery.

I found out there is a Big-Lots in the city my g/f lives in, so I don't have to go way out of my way to check it out! Went there today and picked up Gundam Seed 1 & 2, and the final volume of Wolf's Rain for some reason. I've never seen the show and really don't need the final volume, so it's probably going back (okay, I'll level with yah: I thought I had bought the box+disc 1 a while back, but it was Witch Hunter Robin (which I still haven't watched), so I thought it would at least sit in a box. I gotta quite buying on impulse, don't even know what I have anymore!)

There were a few other shows, but since I don't have the money to just buy tons of stuff I've never seen, I had to pass.

[quote name='guinaevere']
I'd rather throw something away than keep a profit and potentially harm someone else. Parents pay NO attention to what they buy for their kids and/or what their kids read/play/watch. These same parents go around thinking their children are great kids who would never do X,Y or Z. I'd rather throw something out than potentially hurt another person.

I believe in good and bad, God and Evil. As such, I have a responsibility to live and behave by certain guidelines. If I only say I believe, but didn't actually live by those beliefs at all times, I'd be a total hypocrite. *shrugs*[/quote]

I get you totally about the kid thing. I remember a convo me and my husband had with a friend about GTA3. He had no idea that you could pick up a hooker then beat the crap out of her and take your money back. He said " I haven't seen it so it's not in this version of the game."

And at age thirty-seven and from what I like, I pretty much dwell in evil. And I'm the nicer of the two. ^^ V Yep, ebayin' is fun. Usually I sell action figures, video games and hubby's bike stuff. Which reminds me I should set up another round of auctions.

nothing substantial to add to the thread really, but just thought I'd mention that a few years back I was in an anime store, and i overheard these two little kids, probably no older than 13 years old talkin about their favorite game:

"Hey you know what my favorite game is? Grand theft auto 3!"

in my head: :shock:

Some stuff I picked up today:

Cowboy Bebop Best Sessions
Wolf's Rain: Final Encounters
Case Closed: Dubious Intent
Case Closed: Broken Dreams
Angel Tales: 1 Sweet Transmigration
Angel Tales: 4 Sweet New Life
Sakura Taisen: Ecole de Paris
King Gainer Exodus 1
King gainer Exodus 2
S-Cry-ed 2
Yukikaze: Danger ZOne
Galaxy Angel: Who's Cooking
Robonimal Panda-Z: Vol 1
Robonimal Panda-Z: Vol. 3
Stratos 4: Return to Base
And a Bunch of Dragonball & Gundam stuff

not sure if this will end up helping anyone since I assume most of us have already hit big lots, but the S-cry-ed vol. 2 at mine was the anime legends edition that has the original dvd relases dvd 3 and 4. So it covers episodes 11-18. Really good deal for 3 bucks (2 dvds).

I was able to get quite a bit at the Roanoke Big Lots, but I got 2 DBZ that I already had by accident so I have to take them back.

I got...

Case Closed Dubious Intent
Overman King Gainer 1 and 2
Hoop Days 1
Stratos 4 OVA
Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta 1 and 2
Some DBZ

[quote name='fairyland']As always good old Big Lots has anime but this time at a new low of $3.00 each. Pretty good Bandai titles. I personally bought 10 discs and I think I left about 20 behind, so I think they normally get about 30 in each time, which makes this a YMMV as they usually sell out when the first otaku arrives.

I got:

Gundam Seed 1, 2
Z Gundam 2 Disc CDs 1, 2
Overman King Gainer 1, 2
Hoop Days 1
Panda Z 1,3

Others that I remember:

Stratos 4 OVA

There was several Cowboy Bepop Best Sessions, but almost everything else was that 1 disc only, so the first Otaku that spots this would probably clean out their stock. I honestly cannot remember the other titles, but they was not disc one and I won't try anything mid series anymore. More Mecha/space stuff if I remember, SD Gundam, etc.[/quote]

You shouldn't of gotten Hoop Days since theres a Hoop Days Collection set after only 2-3 dvds came out they stop making them.

[quote name='endlessPRO']You shouldn't of gotten Hoop Days since theres a Hoop Days Collection set after only 2-3 dvds came out they stop making them.[/quote]

Dang.

Thanks for the tip.

bread's done
Back