BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, hopefully this means it will go back up to 30%. The next percentage change after it dropped to 8% a couple months ago was when it jumped back to 30.

Hey, if the seller cancels a sale and refunds your payment, how long does it take for Cashback to delete the listing from pending items?

It's been a month and I still show a large refunded amount as pending still.

[quote name='Forbesania']Hey, if the seller cancels a sale and refunds your payment, how long does it take for Cashback to delete the listing from pending items?

It's been a month and I still show a large refunded amount as pending still.[/quote]

its entirely possible you'll still get cashback on it. Ebay is suppose to report if a transaction is refunded but it would not shock me in the least if they neglected to do so.

Im glad I got in on it while I could. I took advantage of a sketch card I wanted..I wanna get in on this when/if it hits 30% again.

You would think theyd keep it a bit higher for the holiday season.

Wow 8% feel bad for those just realizing about this. I got 10 of my 12 uses in though was holding those last 2 for finding a cheap PS3/Wii or a copy of GoW 2 SE.

[quote name='Telemakhos']I committed to buy my XBox 360 Elite when the percentage was 25% a few days ago. But I haven't paid through PayPal yet. When I go to checkout, the Microsoft cashback flag is still there, but it no longer tells me how much cashback I'm due.

Do I stilll get the 25% off when I initiated the purchase, or would I be getting 8% back, which is the current deal?[/QUOTE]

If you didn't pay yet I would be skeptical. When you go through the pay screens it should tell you exactly how much you are entitled to. That's all I can say.

[quote name='Hardware']If you didn't pay yet I would be skeptical. When you go through the pay screens it should tell you exactly how much you are entitled to. That's all I can say.[/quote]

No need to be skeptical. You're locked in for the cashback amount at the time you clicked BIN, all he has to do is pay.

[quote name='Serpentor']Question, can something in the PROCESS step fail? It's exactly 7 days now and i'm still not seeing the money send to my PayPal account :([/quote]

Give it a couple more then shoot them an email. Its possible they're doing maintenance again.

[quote name='Hardware']If you didn't pay yet I would be skeptical. When you go through the pay screens it should tell you exactly how much you are entitled to. That's all I can say.[/quote]

That's how it was during the initial transaction, but later it just told me my purchase was eligible for cashback without confirming an amount.

I started off confirming the purchase on Ebay with buy it now. But when I attempted to add a buy.com coupon, it took me away from that ebay page and took me to buy.com's official website. It was my first transaction, and I knew buy.com had their own checkout, so I didn't think much of it.

After fighting with Ebay and Microsoft for 4 days and no rseponse, I just went back to the auction and finished up paying from that page. The deal is broken if you leave that page.

Long story short, I did indeed get my message saying I'm getting back $99.75 for my Elite! And the amount is already showing up in my live.com cashback account. So that ends that ordeal.

Now, I'm in the process of dealing with buy.com to see if they'll still apply the coupon for $15 off.

I had to cancel the Elite that was due for delivery today. I was told by buy.com to not accept delivery, so they can issue a refund on the first transaction.

The second transaction (with the $99.75 cashback!) is already shipped and on its way over the next few days.

Funny thing. The first Elite shipment was 16 lbs. This second one is 14 lbs. Are Jaspers a few pounds lighter? :) Also, what is a Jasper edition and how can I tell once I receive the box?

Thanks! Tele :)

[quote name='Serpentor']Question, can something in the PROCESS step fail? It's exactly 7 days now and i'm still not seeing the money send to my PayPal account :([/quote]

I think I see what's wrong here. You're expecting immediate cashback in your paypal account, but should check your live.com cashback account instead.

go to live.com
click cashback at the top of the screen
click cashback account
login using your live.com account
you'll see all pending cashback transactions

i'm assuming you have a live.com cashback account. if not, you'll need to create one using the email associated to your ebay account.

[quote name='Telemakhos']That's how it was during the initial transaction, but later it just told me my purchase was eligible for cashback without confirming an amount.

I started off confirming the purchase on Ebay with buy it now. But when I attempted to add a buy.com coupon, it took me away from that ebay page and took me to buy.com's official website. It was my first transaction, and I knew buy.com had their own checkout, so I didn't think much of it.

After fighting with Ebay and Microsoft for 4 days and no rseponse, I just went back to the auction and finished up paying from that page. The deal is broken if you leave that page.

Long story short, I did indeed get my message saying I'm getting back $99.75 for my Elite! And the amount is already showing up in my live.com cashback account. So that ends that ordeal.

Now, I'm in the process of dealing with buy.com to see if they'll still apply the coupon for $15 off.

I had to cancel the Elite that was due for delivery today. I was told by buy.com to not accept delivery, so they can issue a refund on the first transaction.

The second transaction (with the $99.75 cashback!) is already shipped and on its way over the next few days.

Funny thing. The first Elite shipment was 16 lbs. This second one is 14 lbs. Are Jaspers a few pounds lighter? :) Also, what is a Jasper edition and how can I tell once I receive the box?

Thanks! Tele :)

I think I see what's wrong here. You're expecting immediate cashback in your paypal account, but should check your live.com cashback account instead.

go to live.com
click cashback account

i'm assuming you have a live.com cashback account. if not, you'll need to create one using the email associated to your ebay account.[/QUOTE]

Here's how you can tell its a Jasper...though some early Jaspers will use the 175W PSU.
-console labeled 12.1A on the 12V rail
-comes with a 150W PSU

[quote name='qwerty1']its entirely possible you'll still get cashback on it. Ebay is suppose to report if a transaction is refunded but it would not shock me in the least if they neglected to do so.[/quote]

Completely different but I pre-order something from Newegg and then canceled and the cashback for it cleared. SUre, it was only $2 but it is definitely possible that they miss certain things.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Completely different but I pre-order something from Newegg and then canceled and the cashback for it cleared. SUre, it was only $2 but it is definitely possible that they miss certain things.[/quote]

yea but newegg is actually competent and i bet that system is a bit more automated. In the case of ebay and cashback i believe ebay/paypal have to manually confirm that a payment has been reversed for an auction.

[quote name='koji126']Here's how you can tell its a Jasper...though some early Jaspers will use the 175W PSU.
-console labeled 12.1A on the 12V rail
-comes with a 150W PSU[/quote]

Cool, thanks. And Jaspers are supposed to be more reliable to RRoD, or bulletproof altogether? (I am a newbie to the subject!) :)

[quote name='Telemakhos']Cool, thanks. And Jaspers are supposed to be more reliable to RRoD, or bulletproof altogether? (I am a newbie to the subject!) :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is the reasoning there. But I wouldn't say bulletproof, but it should be less susceptible to the dreaded RRoD.

Wish I would have got in for a couple more xmas presents when this was still between 20-30%. The worst thing about the % off changing so often is that many fixed price sellers are not even going to update their pricing. So now their items that were priced at market considering the 20-30% off are now overpriced. :bomb:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Got my money the other day. Good show.[/quote]
as did I, but thats for when it was up to 25%, i dont think ill be buying much soon w/ it only being 8

go to live.com
click cashback account

i'm assuming you have a live.com cashback account. if not, you'll need to create one using the email associated to your ebay account.

Yeah, i did that, the money is still in the PROCESS state... When i requested the cash to be transferred to PayPal, the e-mail says 7 days. Well, it's 8 days now, and still no cash in my PayPal account (it's still PROCESS of course). However, when i went the contact/FAQ section, it says that i should wait up to 14 days before making inquiries. I blame on the transfer confirmation e-mail, it should just told me within 14 days, not 7!

[quote name='Serpentor']Yeah, i did that, the money is still in the PROCESS state... When i requested the cash to be transferred to PayPal, the e-mail says 7 days. Well, it's 8 days now, and still no cash in my PayPal account (it's still PROCESS of course). However, when i went the contact/FAQ section, it says that i should wait up to 14 days before making inquiries. I blame on the transfer confirmation e-mail, it should just told me within 14 days, not 7![/quote]

Ah, I didn't realize you had already reached your 60 days and were downloading your cash. Once it hits your paypal account, it'll take another 2-3 days for it to hit your bank account.

I'm still over 50 days from getting my cashback, so....

This is total bullshit! I just got robbed! I've requested money to be sent to my PayPal last week and now, the e-mail told me to eat shit and die, my rebates got denied! This is total bullshit... I don't understand, all the transactions are good, the amount shows on my Live account. And the last step, transferring money to the PayPal failed? What the fuck! I'm screwed of $340 :(

Called PayPal, they can't help me, they won't help me, they can't comment on why, they can't do shit... What to do what to do?

[quote name='Serpentor']This is total bullshit! I just got robbed! I've requested money to be sent to my PayPal last week and now, the e-mail told me to eat shit and die, my rebates got denied! This is total bullshit... I don't understand, all the transactions are good, the amount shows on my Live account. And the last step, transferring money to the PayPal failed? What the fuck! I'm screwed of $340 :(

Called PayPal, they can't help me, they won't help me, they can't comment on why, they can't do shit... What to do what to do?[/quote]
I have doubts they said to eat shit and die..

Copy and paste the email they sent?

[quote name='guyver2077']screwed 340? isnt the max 250?[/quote]
He said rebates and transactions, so I'd assume it's more than one purchase.

Here's the e-mail i got

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for using Microsoft’s Live Search cashback -- The Search That Pays You Back!

We regret to inform you that Microsoft is unable to pay the cashback savings you requested due to a violation of the terms of service of eBay or PayPal. If you have any additional questions, please contact PayPal directly, 1-888-221-1161.

Microsoft’s Live Search cashback Team
It pisses off b/c all this time the rebates were good, until i decided to transfer the money to PayPal, what gives? Of course, i can't even return the damn items now :(

[quote name='Serpentor']Here's the e-mail i got

It pisses off b/c all this time the rebates were good, until i decided to transfer the money to PayPal, what gives? Of course, i can't even return the damn items now :([/quote]
How exactly did you violate the terms of service of ebay or PayPal?

[quote name='Serpentor']Here's the e-mail i got

It pisses off b/c all this time the rebates were good, until i decided to transfer the money to PayPal, what gives? Of course, i can't even return the damn items now :([/quote]Well if you call the number, they will tell you how you violated the Terms of Service. If they give you that number to call, they kind of have to tell you why. Keep calling until you get an answer.

[quote name='Serpentor']
It pisses off b/c all this time the rebates were good, until i decided to transfer the money to PayPal, what gives? Of course, i can't even return the damn items now :([/quote]
What did you buy? Gift cards?

[quote name='guyver2077']screwed 340? isnt the max 250?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the limit is $200 per transaction. I bought a $700 laptop @ 30% off, should have received $210, but only got a rebate of $200.

Well, just got a 20% coupon from my alternate PayPal account. Just waiting for the cashback to jump back up to 30% (or close to it).

Yep, just got the 20% e-mail as well.

It expires December 19, so hopefully Live will increase close to 30% again. I'm kind of doubting it will happen though.

1. No, i did not buy Gift Cards

2. The $340 is a combination of three transactions

3. I called PayPal, they won't tell me why and they kept repeating the same thing over and over "No sir, we can't tell you why your rebates were denied."

[quote name='Guerrilla']What did you buy? Gift cards?[/quote]

That wouldn't matter anyways...as giftcards are eligible for cash back:

"Purchases on eBay.com of gift certificates, gift cards and items acquired for resale will be eligible for Cashback Rewards."

Like i've said... the worse part is being denied at the very last step, i.e. getting your money! The transactions are legit, no problems with PP or eBay accounts. I did a little diggings on Fatwallet and stuffs, apparently there are a number of people didn't get the cashback rebates.

I don't have problems back in March, so i don't know why i'm getting problems now. I e-mailed the cashback team about the problem, but from what i've read, they probably not gonna get back to me at all :(

Here's what the auto reply says:

Thank you for contacting Live Search cashback Customer Support.

The support form you filled out suggests you requested a payout of your cashback reward but you have not received anything.
Due to the overwhelming response to the cashback program is it talking us a little longer to address customer questions and issues. An agent may not be able to get back to you for 3-5 days. Therefore, we'd like to send you information right away that may address your issue.

The most common reasons not seeing a payout of cashback are:
· It may take up to 7 days to process payment, perhaps a bit longer if you requested payout via check
· For purchases made through eBay, per the terms and conditions in regards to that promotion, PayPal is the only option that you can request for pay out. There are no fees associated with any transfers from Live Search cashback.
What you can do
· Make sure that your account information (PayPal , back account, or mailing address for checks) is correct in your cashback account. If there is a problem with the payout, the money will be refunded to your cashback account in approximately 30 days. At that point, you can request payment again and choose another reward method. Unfortunately, we can't expedite this process.

I guess it might be possible that you enetered some wrong information in the 4 step proccess on the Live.com website.
But as others have said, $200 is the MAX cash back that the offer is good for. And you're expecting $340?

Anyway, best of luck. I hope it all works out for you.
I can imagine what a huge bummer it must be to be denied.
I just went through the proccess to get some of my cashback.
I hope I have better results than you did.

[quote name='sunnysky']And you're expecting $340?[/quote]
You can get $340 across multiple transactions.

The limit is only $200 per transaction.

Makes me wonder if EBay has changed their terms recently and found a new way to blackball people.

Here's a little bit more info i dug out from FatWallet...

If your cashback transfer to PP is denied, there are three possible reasons:

1. Violated terms and conditions (very vague, but yes, MS can pull that crap on you).
2. PP address is not verified (many cases, it's also bogus, since the buyer got paid the same way before)
3. Items purchased have been returned/refunded (also bogus, because buyers with this msg did not cancel any transactions nor they have any knowledge of doing so).

Lastly, your cashback can also be affected if your sellers have gone "bad." Which you have no control over :(

I don't know my money is dead in the water or not, but i'm hopeful... I read that some buyers with denied the rebates actually got their money after two months or so. I can't do anything now other than research and hope :pray:

[quote name='Forbesania']^^^Why is this so difficult for you sunnsky?[/quote]

I thought it was per account rather than per transaction.

If you don't mine, try to vent in Microsoft's direction, rather than a fellow GACers direction.

OK, back to your venting.

Why should I be mad at Microsoft? Several people explained to you how the system worked yet you still felt compelled to prove your disdain for understanding and contempt for facts. I feel chipper; no complaints here.

Well, just got a 20% coupon from my alternate PayPal account. Just waiting for the cashback to jump back up to 30% (or close to it).

howd u get this?

[quote name='Serpentor']1. No, i did not buy Gift Cards[/quote]

If you dont mind sharing, what did you actually buy, and were all 3 transactions with the same seller?

[quote name='opportunity777']From eBay, I got a $25 giftcard in the mail.

I will wait for 30% to come back and combine the two. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Not sure why. Maybe cause I buy and sell a good amount of stuff?

[quote name='justin37']Well, just got a 20% coupon from my alternate PayPal account. Just waiting for the cashback to jump back up to 30% (or close to it).

howd u get this?[/quote]

Paypal is randomly sending this out to paypal accounts. I was lucky enough to get one, on my second paypal account that I've only used once. Maybe there is a better chance to get one if you don't buy a lot? Who knows, it is mostly random.

sucks that this is at 8% but i could not resist using it to get Final Fantasy Anthology Guide for under $15 after cashback. So thanks OP! now only 10 uses left ;-D

bread's done
Back