BIOSHOCK 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Pushed to 2010

Just saw that from Gamespot on Twitter. I expect either an August release like the original title, or a release on Halloween- the very last day of that fiscal year.

*sigh*. This is the only game i'm willing to part with my $$$ for to buy the limited edition on launch day. I've never done it with any other game. That's how badly I want this and love the first one.

Heh... I feel the same way about the sequel to Mass Effect. It'll mark my first no-brainer LE purchase in my gaming history. A damn shame this got delayed just as I finished BS a couple of weeks ago. ;\

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Too many good games are coming out in Nov, it's be overkill and get less attention. Smart move.[/QUOTE]

I'd actually argue it would overshadow all other games in November. The only ones who'd compete would be L4D2 and these two games share the same market of players but the difference is L4D2 is nearly a rehash while Bio2 is a continuation therefore it would capture more of the market.

[quote name='Magehart']I'd actually argue it would overshadow all other games in November. The only ones who'd compete would be L4D2 and these two games share the same market of players but the difference is L4D2 is nearly a rehash while Bio2 is a continuation therefore it would capture more of the market.[/QUOTE]

I can't think of anything else that comes out in November right now, but perhaps you're forgetting about the juggernaut that is MW2. Activision is pushing its own games back so MW2 doesn't overshadow them.

WHISPERING IS FUTILE! THE GRAND GALACTIC INQUISITOR HEARS ALL, SEES ALL! IGNORE ME
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

You guys actually buy the line about "more development time being needed"? Seriously?

This was largely a financial move. Take Two needs something to inflate their portfolio in the next fiscal year. Moving this to 2010 does that and keeps stock holders happier then.

This was maybe my most wanted title this Fall. Kinda sucks but I'd rather wait and get a better product.

It does suck it was delayed, but as long as the game is great, I don't care if they push it back another time.

I still have Brutal Legend and Scribblenauts coming this year. What more does a gamer need?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-multiplayer-bioshock-2/55395

I'm not sure what to think. That freeze-charge combo looks a bit overpowered, but I get the impression the average lifespan isn't that long. And then there's some sort of incentive for taking a breather to photograph your corpse, which then feels out of place with the hectic gameplay. Too early to tell but that's my gut reaction. Still not convinced MP Bioshock is a good idea.

[quote name='Flak']http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-multiplayer-bioshock-2/55395

I'm not sure what to think. That freeze-charge combo looks a bit overpowered, but I get the impression the average lifespan isn't that long. And then there's some sort of incentive for taking a breather to photograph your corpse, which then feels out of place with the hectic gameplay. Too early to tell but that's my gut reaction. Still not convinced MP Bioshock is a good idea.[/QUOTE]

It looks like a cluster fuck with no central focus what so ever.

Here is to hoping the SP doesnt suck.

[quote name='help1']It looks like a cluster fuck with no central focus what so ever.[/QUOTE]

A clear understatement which is why I'm even more excited than before after watching that video. Right now I'd love a nearly brainless MP experience where I can just pop the game in and play it so I won't have to look to Gears 2 as a fall back. Now I'm glad they pushed it back to fine tune it. I just hope it isn't plagued with glitches. The frozen charge technique does look irritating as fuck but with so many people running around on a map it should limit the opportunities to finish a kill without getting it stolen or dying in the process.

So long as it's somewhat balanced I'll probably get my money's worth and then some.

The idea of running around with plasmids in MP sounded awesome in Bioshock 1 and I'm glad they're developing it for Bioshock 2. But goddamn was that trailer awful. Sure, they gave the idea of the MP mode context, but the actual gameplay clips I was left wondering WTF is going on?

Terrible terrible trailer. Still super excited for the game though.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']A clear understatement which is why I'm even more excited than before after watching that video. Right now I'd love a nearly brainless MP experience where I can just pop the game in and play it so I won't have to look to Gears 2 as a fall back. Now I'm glad they pushed it back to fine tune it. I just hope it isn't plagued with glitches. The frozen charge technique does look irritating as fuck but with so many people running around on a map it should limit the opportunities to finish a kill without getting it stolen or dying in the process.

So long as it's somewhat balanced I'll probably get my money's worth and then some.[/QUOTE]

If you want mindless fun play call of duty free for all.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The idea of running around with plasmids in MP sounded awesome in Bioshock 1 and I'm glad they're developing it for Bioshock 2. But goddamn was that trailer awful. Sure, they gave the idea of the MP mode context, but the actual gameplay clips I was left wondering WTF is going on?

Terrible terrible trailer. Still super excited for the game though.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping it is just a bad trailer. I love bioshock, but this game's multiplayer looks like it will have no central focus and ultimately seem feel tacked on. That trailer just didn't show anything. No teams, no objectives, just tons of shooting whatever is the first thing moving.

Would've been sweet if they made a 'Guardian' mode (a'la Gears of War 2) where 2 teams have 1 prototype Big Daddy (BD) to protect and if he dies then you can't respawn anymore.

[quote name='help1']If you want mindless fun play call of duty free for all.

[/QUOTE]

You really aren't gona run out of ways to troll CoD are you? How is COD FFA anymore of a cluster fuck compared to ffa in other games?

Regardless, stoked.

[quote name='help1']If you want mindless fun play call of duty free for all.

I am hoping it is just a bad trailer. I love bioshock, but this game's multiplayer looks like it will have no central focus and ultimately seem feel tacked on. That trailer just didn't show anything. No teams, no objectives, just tons of shooting whatever is the first thing moving.[/QUOTE]

you still got a year.. complain every day until its released!!

do you not even know that both modes are being worked on by separate GOD DAMN TEAMS

[quote name='BackInBlack']You really aren't gona run out of ways to troll CoD are you? How is COD FFA anymore of a cluster fuck compared to ffa in other games?

Regardless, stoked.[/QUOTE]

How is that trolling? I said it was fun, but mindless.

Looks pretty cool. I really love the old-timey aesthetics of this game. The game looks similar to the first one (which is a good thing).

More of the same is fine with me. It's been 2 years since the last game and it will be 2.5 by the time it is released. I hate yearly sequels but one every 2-3 years is fine by me.

[quote name='slickkill77']No real mention of the multiplayer but I don't think anyone really cares about that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't think many people are worried about the multiplayer. I couldn't care less at this point, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Just give us more of the first please. The game was FANTASTIC.

multiplayer in certain games are just ridiculously uneccessary. Can't wait to play the single player but just hope they keep the game the same length if not longer

What's the product name for the reservation on your receipt?

I went to Gamestop earlier today to reserve the standard edition of the game when, of course, the manager tried to upsell the Limited Edition to me. I explicitly said "No thanks," but joked that having the LPs would be pretty neat since I do have turntables. Anyway, he muttered something under his breath (sounded almost like he said "I'll just put you down for the LE..."), scanned the games I was trading in and used the store credit I already had on my Edge Card. All the credit amounted to about $57, so he told me, "Looks like you'll have to pay only $8 more after tax."

Anyway, after I left I noticed my receipt said "BIOSHOCK 2 LE SD." What does the LE SD stand for? Did the manager really put me down for the limited edition?

[quote name='alanamaslama']What's the product name for the reservation on your receipt?

I went to Gamestop earlier today to reserve the standard edition of the game when, of course, the manager tried to upsell the Limited Edition to me. I explicitly said "No thanks," but joked that having the LPs would be pretty neat since I do have turntables. Anyway, he muttered something under his breath (sounded almost like he said "I'll just put you down for the LE..."), scanned the games I was trading in and used the store credit I already had on my Edge Card. All the credit amounted to about $57, so he told me, "Looks like you'll have to pay only $8 more after tax."

Anyway, after I left I noticed my receipt said "BIOSHOCK 2 LE SD." What does the LE SD stand for? Did the manager really put me down for the limited edition?[/QUOTE]

Can't tell you what LE SD means, but LE usually doesn't stand for Limited Edition and my preorder says BioShock 2 XB360 so.

bread's done
Back