BIOSHOCK 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Pushed to 2010

[quote name='flagg1216']What sucks is wanting to try the multiplayer so bad now and being to afraid to do it. I've been unhooked from live since I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

If you've got a legitimate copy from a store that broke street date, you've nothing to fear.

[quote name='Killbomb']If you've got a legitimate copy from a store that broke street date, you've nothing to fear.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

IDK about a slip cover but I know during the SE unboxing the lady mentioned that the case has raised letters or something like that. The slip cover for the first one was cool

Single player is cool so far.

I played 3 rounds of multiplayer. It's pretty forgettable with games like CoD and MAG out there.

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']Got a message from GameFly saying they shipped out Bioshock 2 at about noon yesterday. Excited to play when it finally gets here (Friday or so)![/QUOTE]

Same here - I love when GF ships the day before launch. This weekend will be a lot of ME2 and BS2.

Has anybody else picked up a Gamestop preorder and received a token card for the downloadable characters that looks like it is for the PC version? I figure its still the same Live service so it should still work, but if it doesn't I don't want to have to ask for a new card with the one I have scratched off already.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Has anybody else picked up a Gamestop preorder and received a token card for the downloadable characters that looks like it is for the PC version? I figure its still the same Live service so it should still work, but if it doesn't I don't want to have to ask for a new card with the one I have scratched off already.[/QUOTE]

It was the same way with the ME2 DLC

I have yet to pick up my copy but it seems that many developers/publishers now are having you register on their site your gamertags etc and that's where you redeem your code then when you launch the game your content is there to download.

I'm assuming this is the case with this game as well? I'm not really sure I like this new system honestly.

Either way I can't wait till work is over so I can go pick up my CE edition. Before I get crap for doing so as well, I actually have a USB turntable. Plus i'm a sucker for old 30-50's art deco style stuff.

Just checked the status of my copy from Amazon online.

"Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster"

It's not that bad out there yet. C'mon UPS....I'll be out of work and home by 5:30. Don't let me down.

[quote name='slickkill77']IDK about a slip cover but I know during the SE unboxing the lady mentioned that the case has raised letters or something like that. The slip cover for the first one was cool[/QUOTE]

There is no slip cover but the letters and broken glass are raised

[quote name='DeskLaser']Has anybody else picked up a Gamestop preorder and received a token card for the downloadable characters that looks like it is for the PC version? I figure its still the same Live service so it should still work, but if it doesn't I don't want to have to ask for a new card with the one I have scratched off already.[/QUOTE]

My card didnt say anything about pc and had a scratch off section on the back

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I got my codes for the DLC yesterday...there's 2 codes right? One for each character?[/QUOTE]

I only got one code and it says I can pick them in multiplayer

[quote name='Malik112099']I only got one code and it says I can pick them in multiplayer[/QUOTE]

I got 2 codes online, but as it turns out that they duplicated my order so I was expecting 2 different emails with one code, guess they lumped them in one. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Wow....I've only played for 30 minutes but I forgot how fun the first game was. I am already back in the routine of checking my map to make sure I have been in every room and scrounging for shit in trash cans, suitcases, lockers, etc.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Just checked the status of my copy from Amazon online.

"Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster"

It's not that bad out there yet. C'mon UPS....I'll be out of work and home by 5:30. Don't let me down.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing but my package is still out for delivery so idk...

Location Date Local Time DescriptionWhat's This?
CLEARWATER, FL, US
02/09/2010 9:01 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
02/09/2010 8:31 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
02/09/2010 8:16 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/09/2010 8:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
02/09/2010 7:43 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

If it says "OUT FOR DELIVERY" on the tracking site you should get it by 7pm (drivers do home deliveries last).

Mini Review time after playing the first hour.

I have become spoiled from the graphicc of Mass Effect 2. Bioshock 2 definately shows a little bit of age in the graphics department. It looks just like the first game which isn't a problem but you would think after 2 years plus there would be some improvement. The gameplay so far has been fun getting to use a Rivet Gun and Drill. The sound and atmosphere of the game are top notch. The game is freaky and the world is a tad scary. Like others have mentioned, it's fun to search every nook and cranny trying to hord items.

Bioshock 2 is a must buy for those who loved Bioshock 1. It continues the story and plays and feels almost like the first one. Which is also a problem. It feels like Bioshock 1.5 more than anything. I give the game 8.5 out of 10. I would also say the price point to buy the game at is from $40-$50 depending on how big of a CAG you are.

[quote name='slickkill77']I got the same thing but my package is still out for delivery so idk...

Location Date Local Time DescriptionWhat's This?
CLEARWATER, FL, US
02/09/2010 9:01 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
02/09/2010 8:31 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
02/09/2010 8:16 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
02/09/2010 8:00 A.M. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
02/09/2010 7:43 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing and it was just delivered so you should be good.

Haha, figures everyone is talking about deliveries in here. I appreciate Amazon giving Prime users 1 day shipping, but God, UPS is fucking terrible. The packages always get here super late, and they always look like they've been to hell and back. Doesn't help that whoever is in charge of packaging at Amazon ALWAYS puts my video games in grossly oversized bubble mailers.

I went to check what was up with my delivery on Amazon and saw this:

February 9, 2010 05:54:00 AM Bradley Hub Sort CT US Arrival Scan
February 9, 2010 05:13:00 AM Windsor Locks CT US Out for delivery
February 9, 2010 05:13:00 AM Bradley Hub Sort CT US Arrival Scan

February 9, 2010 12:19:00 AM Windsor Locks CT US Arrival Scan
February 8, 2010 10:17:00 PM Chelmsford MA US Departure Scan
February 8, 2010 07:51:00 PM Chelmsford MA US Shipment received by carrier
February 8, 2010 11:37:11 AM Nashua NH US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Seriously? It went back to the fucking sorting facility?

Funny. I also got that message from Amazon. Yet it is out for delivery. This is one of those games I have been looking forward to for quite some time. Really glad Amazon does release date delivery. But you don't have to scare customers if it is indeed coming. lol

Got the same e-mail this morning from Amazon. UPS typically delivers in the morning for me and there and behold, it was there.

EDIT: Also got my $10 promotional credit for those who are wondering.

[quote name='wildcpac']Mini Review time after playing the first hour.

I have become spoiled from the graphicc of Mass Effect 2. Bioshock 2 definately shows a little bit of age in the graphics department. It looks just like the first game which isn't a problem but you would think after 2 years plus there would be some improvement. The gameplay so far has been fun getting to use a Rivet Gun and Drill. The sound and atmosphere of the game are top notch. The game is freaky and the world is a tad scary. Like others have mentioned, it's fun to search every nook and cranny trying to hord items.

Bioshock 2 is a must buy for those who loved Bioshock 1. It continues the story and plays and feels almost like the first one. Which is also a problem. It feels like Bioshock 1.5 more than anything. I give the game 8.5 out of 10. I would also say the price point to buy the game at is from $40-$50 depending on how big of a CAG you are.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...I never considered ME2 a graphical powerhouse and don't really see it. It's a good looking, next-gen game, but from the screen shots of Bioshock 2 (bought it haven't played it) and comparing it with what I've played of ME2, the two seem very comparable.

Bioshock 1 to me was insane. The texture and shadowing and how the graphics added to the game's atmosphere made it really impressive...and the water physics at the time were unreal. If you're saying its more of the same, however disappointing, sign me up.

Word of warning to anyone who thinks this game is going to be easy because of the first and like me just puts it on hard....you may want to reconsider.

I have already died about a dozen times which is literally 12 more times than I died in playing through the entire first one.

This game is sweet. glad they brought back looting!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Interesting...I never considered ME2 a graphical powerhouse and don't really see it. It's a good looking, next-gen game, but from the screen shots of Bioshock 2 (bought it haven't played it) and comparing it with what I've played of ME2, the two seem very comparable.

Bioshock 1 to me was insane. The texture and shadowing and how the graphics added to the game's atmosphere made it really impressive...and the water physics at the time were unreal. If you're saying its more of the same, however disappointing, sign me up.[/QUOTE]

I have played alot of games in the past 2 months or so. The last game I played before ME 2 was ME 1. ME 2 is such a leap and bounds over ME 1 which is probably one of the reasons why I am overrating the graphics. ME 2 is just a beautiful game to look at for me. The graphics are so much cleaner and vibrant.

Bioshock 2 looks just like 1 did to me. Which isn't a bad thing but you would expect a significant improvement after 2 plus years. Bioshock 2 isn't a great game but it is quite good. I am sure some people are going to be upset when they realize it's 1.5 and not 2. It's definately worth a 40-50 price tag but not 60.

[quote name='wildcpac']I have played alot of games in the past 2 months or so. The last game I played before ME 2 was ME 1. ME 2 is such a leap and bounds over ME 1 which is probably one of the reasons why I am overrating the graphics. ME 2 is just a beautiful game to look at for me. The graphics are so much cleaner and vibrant.

Bioshock 2 looks just like 1 did to me. Which isn't a bad thing but you would expect a significant improvement after 2 plus years. Bioshock 2 isn't a great game but it is quite good. I am sure some people are going to be upset when they realize it's 1.5 and not 2. It's definately worth a 40-50 price tag but not 60.[/QUOTE]

That is disappointing to hear about the graphics, but given how good the first game's were, it's semi-forgivable.

As an aside, GAF users seem to be enjoying MP immensely

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386519&page=23

OXM March 2010 gave it a
9.5/10
. Also had a nice double side poster insert for it too.

OP needs to update since this is out now. Still waiting on my delivery

im playing on normal.....only about 30 min into the game.....cant wait to get the kids to bed so I can play more......

Also looking forward to the multiplayer....as a rule with any game I dont touch multiplayer until I beat the single player campaign

[quote name='timesplitt']the game has frozen on me 3 times already. no game has ever done that let alone on the first day![/QUOTE]

No game!? Jeez...I remember NFS:Most Wanted freezing ALL THE TIME! Plenty of other games would just freeze on me since then too.

bread's done
Back