bioshock 2 special edition 69.99 @ BB B&M (YMMV?)

Thanks for the deal OP. There is 4 xbox360 versions left at the BB in Ann Arbor, MI (slight box damage from security device though).

Had my mom pick one up for me after I had my wisdom teeth taken out (obviously I would have been too out of it to walk in there) and the guy there that helped me with transferring my HDD files on my xbox a few years ago got one out of the back without any spider tag on it so the only imperfection was a bit of fraying at the edge of the slipcover. Thanks again op, made my other wise crappy day somewhat better as I had something to look forward to:D Really wish they didn't toss my teeth out so I could put them with my game in the pickup thread,lol.

You can just tell them the code to punch in, they never asked for the actual text since its a universal code. Most cashiers will just be like whatever and punch in the code.

So if it expires tomorrow.. Dont exactly want to make a extra trip to get BS2 CE... but if its there i will buy one :p, can i use the Code tomorrow when i go look for Ren of fate ?

Thanks OP.
Picked one up in Quakertown, PA
Still many left for both systems
They had one PS3 one on display that was in horrid condition so I asked a guy if they had any in the back. After helping load a tv into someones car he went in the back and comes back with one in amazing condition. It was worth the wait!

Picked this up as well as the God of War 3 ultimate edition. I have to say, I'm very impressed with it, I don't care if they made a billion of these, it's very nicely done and well worth the 100 dollar original price.

I own the standard edition, but I picked one of these bad boys up for $52.xx. The Merrifield, VA store had 2 360 and 2-3 PS3. I picked up a 360 version. It may have been the heaviest video game case in history. I cant believe that only a month or so after release, the $100 edition can be found for less than the standard edition. I feel like I just struck gold.

[quote name='bigdbo622'] I cant believe that only a month or so after release, the $100 edition can be found for less than the standard edition. I feel like I just struck gold.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? :D :applause:

If you act fast, you can sell your old copy back to Amazon for $37.50. That plus the $10 I got from pre-ordering BS2 will almost buy me GOWIII outright.

Super, super slick.

Got 1. Had about 3 or 4 more at my store. Tomorrow I will be returning my brothers Bioshock 2 and my Mass Effect 2 I got as a gift and picking up a LE for my brother, and one for me to keep sealed.

[quote name='plong']I know, right? :D :applause:

If you act fast, you can sell your old copy back to Amazon for $37.50. That plus the $10 I got from pre-ordering BS2 will almost buy me GOWIII outright.

Super, super slick.[/QUOTE]
Thats what i should have done instead of trading it in to gamestop. Oh well still got 37.50 in store credit.

whats funny is that the special edition for the ps3 is just 45, 8 more then the normal and the 360 SE is actually 6 dollars less, weird.

Just picked up a PS3 copy at Best Buy in Eau Claire, WI. They still had 1 more PS3 copy and 6 360 copies. All of them were in good shape and didn't have the security claw on them at all, so no crushage.

As an aside, the Eau Claire Best Buy also still had 2 God of War III Ultimate Editions on the shelf. Both of them are security clawed, but not tight enough to destroy them. I almost pulled the trigger on one of those as well, but I already have pre-orders for it coming from both Amazon and BB.com.

[quote name='plong']I know, right? :D :applause:

Super, super slick.[/QUOTE]

My only hesitation is maybe beating my standard copy first, then trading it, while keeping the top shelf edition sealed and untainted...

My Bestbuy (San Francisco) had them, but there were no signs of a price drop on them. For everyone that got this sale price, was a 69.99 sticker on the package?

My BBY didn't have the price marked, but it still rang up $69.99. Just bring it up to the register. And if you guys are looking for ones in good condition, just ask the people working there. The BBY I went to have 25 in stock for 360 and 6 in for PS3 but only 1 of each was out on the floor. The ones from the back were in perfect condition.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Honestly, if you've played the first Bioshock this game is a rental. If not, then it's a buy. It's not too different from the original and the multiplayer, while fun at first, becomes very tedious and boring later on.[/QUOTE]

In your opinion, sure. I enjoyed 2 as much, if not more as the original. I do agree with the multiplayer though.

Flint, MI had 3 360, 4 PS3, about 7 PC left in stock. The 360's didn't have any spider wraps on it, but they weren't in great shape. Not horrible shape either, but still not mint. I picked up the best looking one. In all honesty, the slipcase was a horrible idea for this. Big thanks to the OP! Was going to pick this up when it dropped, $50 is a steal.

Picked up the last copy on Xbox 360 today at my local BB. The outer slip cover had some bends but the inner box was still a-ok, and no spider wrap. After the $20 discount and a $25 gift card from Xmas...I left with this gem for $29.xx out the door!

Best deal of the year so far.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Why on Earth would they want to put the scores into a vinyl LP?
[/QUOTE]

You can buy a Vinyl player for $60 or so at Target. Personally, I prefer the sounds of Vinyl than CD. Seriously... at my Best Buy they have some demos of Vinyls on a bad ass speaker and the quality of the sound is so crisp. They had "Them Crooked Vultures" and the quality was just top notch...

Audiophiles will tell you that some vinyls have better quality that cds such as White Stripes "Icky Thump" and Metallica's "Death Magnetic"...just google it and you will see.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Why on Earth would they want to put the scores into a vinyl LP?
I can't listen to them! It's useless!

Damn but I'm still tempted.[/QUOTE]

that's your fail, not 2k's.

Picked up my copy today for :360: I love how the shelf still had the $99 price on it. Needless to day 5 copies on the shelf with no spider web security on it. Cashier was shocked the code worked.

Sux for me though I threw out my record payer since it broke...gotta see if my folks works cause I loved the music in Bioshock 1.

I'm going to use a thing my mom has that puts records onto CDs or onto a computer to rip it onto my PC to listen to.

I'm going to do like someone else posted and frame the vinyl :cool:. Since I bought two I am going to open one to actually listen to. I don't have a record player anymore but I'll probably pick one up on Amazon anyhow. I'm sure my mom would appreciate it as she has a ton of records.

Is the game inside still sealed (360)? I bought this the regular edition and might as well sell the one inside if it's still sealed.

Picked a PS3 version up today as well. Too bad Best Buy roughs up the packaging and dents in actual box. The cover on the outside was ripped as well, but heck, its just a pet peeve and it was only $54!

:applause:

FYI, Amazon is giving $37.50 in trade for either copy, so you can essentially pick up the LE stuff for $15 after tax. That's a hell of a deal IMO.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Goes well with my copy of the 'Art of Bioshock'.[/QUOTE]

I own the Bioshock LE and it did not come with that art book. Where did you get it? I want a matching set too!

2K released the Art of Bioshock book as a digital download originally. They also made print versions and shipped them to folks that received broken Big Daddy figurines.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I own the Bioshock LE and it did not come with that art book. Where did you get it? I want a matching set too![/QUOTE]

Well I just placed an online order. I don't have a Best Buy near me so only option was to order online. I bet I will get the most mangled copy they have.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I own the Bioshock LE and it did not come with that art book. Where did you get it? I want a matching set too![/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrwogs2']2K released the Art of Bioshock book as a digital download originally. They also made print versions and shipped them to folks that received broken Big Daddy figurines.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

After calling around I found a BB with a "Pristine" PS3 version. The cute girl at the service desk held it for me until close...The game I mean. :whistle2:\"

bread's done
Back