Black Ops CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @7PST/10EST

[quote name='dyeknom']That sounds awesome, Toxic! Hate to see you peace out, but it's for a very good reason :)[/QUOTE]
You should export your emblem and make it your avatar.

[quote name='combatrhombus']Toxic good luck with the move, have fun down under. I hope your single I heard the ladies love the Americans.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the dingos that loved Americans. Either way - good luck and best wishes down under.

BTW - if you learned one thing from the Simpsons, remember the toilet water rotates the other way. Another piece of useless trivia. :roll:

Good luck to you Toxic.

Dyeknom, sorry to ignore invite last night, was playing with
xNekroNx and was on my last game. Finally got to do some HQ with a team that was good and xp was rolling in (despite my lack of good play).

Toxic, sad to see you go man, but wishing you the best. Once you get established be sure to try to blog your experience working there and your adventures. I would love to know what its like for a yank living down under, haha. Going to miss your tracing these 8 year olds and scaring them away with threats of revealing to their parents what they are saying/doing/acting online.

Dranakin = Dranakin
Experience: Intermediate
Availablity: Mon/Wed/Thu (nights)
Timezone: PST
Mic: Yes
Additional Info: Ground War is what I've played mostly, but I'm open to any mode. I like playing as a sniper primarily, but I rack up the best score when I'm playing with assault rifles.

Updated the OP, if it starts to look like I'm missing people or getting sloppy, please PM me and I'll fix it up. Been pretty easy now that people are regularly following the format and I don't have to do more than like copy/paste x3 per entry.

PocariSweat = KSC2303
Experience: No
Availability: Most nights and week ends
Timezone: PST
Mic: Yes/Sometimes
Additional Info:Additional Info

[quote name='Mad39er']Updated the OP, if it starts to look like I'm missing people or getting sloppy, please PM me and I'll fix it up. Been pretty easy now that people are regularly following the format and I don't have to do more than like copy/paste x3 per entry.[/QUOTE]

I think you accidentally put me under 'Zombies Primarily!'

FYI - checked the 360 thread and they are bitching about the same stuff we are - especially the lag. I'd say BFGN, but I'm wavering on playing....although I might since my Driving Force GT has not arrived for GT 5 yet.

I'll try to be on tonight, though I'm really at my breaking point with this game. I'm quite tired of the camping, bad spawns, lags and getting shoved into 10 games in a row where other team is up 100 domination points with 6 killstreaks out.

Lets play private match gun game. Does that work towards the trophy for finishing "in the money"? That would probably be more fun than playing randoms any day. I guess its not just me who needs to put this game down for a while to work on other games in the backlog. I wonder what this game trades for because it will definitely be cheaper down the line when they finally fix the problems.

[quote name='Mad39er']You should export your emblem and make it your avatar.[/QUOTE]

thanks for all the good lucks and well wishes. mad i'm not quite sure how to do that. can you help me out with tht

i was over at a friends house last night and i got a chance to play black ops on xbox live. and let me say that the caliber of players on ps3 is far superior to those on live. if monkey was let loose on them he would no probs racking up at least a prob 200 kills on nuketown and prob 100 kills on any other map.

kaiser-- that was a good idea once i get over there and get set up i will try to blog about a outsiders view of living over there

and yes i am single to whoever had the comment about aussies liking american men

[quote name='nakanenui']Lets play private match gun game. Does that work towards the trophy for finishing "in the money"? [/QUOTE]

no. MP trophies never unlock in private matches.

We can, however, do a group in Ante up. It will unlock it there.

[quote name='teknobeavr']i was over at a friends house last night and i got a chance to play black ops on xbox live. and let me say that the caliber of players on ps3 is far superior to those on live.

kaiser-- that was a good idea once i get over there and get set up i will try to blog about a outsiders view of living over there

and yes i am single to whoever had the comment about aussies liking american men[/QUOTE]

It's probably because they don't live up to that whole "zomg I'm MLG" bravado that festers on Live. What little I've played on the 360, I've run across so much of that it's just silly, it's one reason I avoid it.

I used to have a blog back in the day, when I lived in Kyoto. It's a great way to wind down, too. I hope you have a good camera for some epic pictures of the baby eating dingos. No, but in all seriousness ^_^

Crap, my back just started hurting again. I think I'm going to have to spin another Supra 15 feet in the air.

On a related note, I'll be around for tonights game night.

[quote name='Dranakin']I'll down to play tonight. Does someone have to invite me to find the CAG lobby?[/QUOTE]
Send a friend request to me and dyeknom, that should cover your bases.

Toxic, being an american in Australia will get you laid more than a rich European in Hollywood. From what I have heard from my Navy coworkers who have had time there its because Aussie men treat their women like crap, so when a nice mannered American comes along, they get the goods.

Wow this game is broke. Where the hell is the fix for the lag issues. I cannot believe how much an advantage it is...... and the camping is unbelievable people spend the entire match prone.......

The wager matches are fun when you are in a group but otherwise this game needs to be patched soon.

wager matches are fun if you are the host. if you have any lag whatsoever, you are f*cked.

FYI, Gamestop is offering $30 for this POS in trade credit. Could probably get 45-50 on CL (maybe). Who wants to revert back to MW2?

i played an online C.O.D match for the first time ever yesterday (just so i can get money to wager and get that one trophy) and i was in a room with all 35-45 lvl people and i came in 1st. thought that was pretty funny. i didnt experience any lag what so ever though.

Last night was horrible....I'm off to GT 5 and my racing wheel & finishing up New Vegas until the next patch. When Quality of Service (i.e. Lag time) determines who wins, something is wrong with the game.

Nothing like getting owned by a team where everyone has 4-bar pings and our team has everyone at

[quote name='nakanenui']wager matches are fun if you are the host. if you have any lag whatsoever, you are f*cked.

FYI, Gamestop is offering $30 for this POS in trade credit. Could probably get 45-50 on CL (maybe). Who wants to revert back to MW2?[/QUOTE]I'm not going to sell it but I'm going back to MW2. There is too much lag, camping and accuracy issues. I'll await the next patch.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i played an online C.O.D match for the first time ever yesterday (just so i can get money to wager and get that one trophy) and i was in a room with all 35-45 lvl people and i came in 1st. thought that was pretty funny. i didnt experience any lag what so ever though.[/QUOTE] You were probably the host or the host was like within a few short hops of you. Host advantage in Black Ops is quite literally a game breaker.

[quote name='jmbreci']Last night was horrible....I'm off to GT 5 and my racing wheel & finishing up New Vegas until the next patch. When Quality of Service (i.e. Lag time) determines who wins, something is wrong with the game.

Nothing like getting owned by a team where everyone has 4-bar pings and our team has everyone at

I haven't play online in awhile. The lag issues makes too much of a difference. Still don't understand how $680 million opening weekend doesn't net us at least some servers.

It's the lag issues, but also the host issues that ruin it for me. I'd say I never get to finish 45% of my matches because the connection drops and we all get punted back to the lobby.

I've already gone back to MW2 for a week or so now. Same problems as always but I'd rather deal with those than the lag in BO.

You guys are REALLY going back to MW2? I haven't popped in here for a couple weeks and this thread's taken a 180 turn? You guys are really saying BO camping and lag breaks the game but you're going back to MW2!?!?? Am I missing something?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You guys are REALLY going back to MW2? I haven't popped in here for a couple weeks and this thread's taken a 180 turn? You guys are really saying BO camping and lag breaks the game but you're going back to MW2!?!?? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately yes but it looks like mostly it's the original MW2 group. The game has been unplayable with the rampant cheating and lag going on. People are cheating outside of their PS3 with their routers and the game has been unplayable with the extreme amount of camping, drop shotting and various other things.

I plan to play when the new patch releases, if ever, to give them a shot or to play with my boss or maybe for zombies but it's downright painful. We had a lot of fun doing a six person party Sticks And Stones match but that was the only way we had fun and we knew nobody was cheating. Incidentally, it was also probably the best connection we've had since launch.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You guys are REALLY going back to MW2? I haven't popped in here for a couple weeks and this thread's taken a 180 turn? You guys are really saying BO camping and lag breaks the game but you're going back to MW2!?!?? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Have you played BO online recently? In MW2 you could compensate for the lag....noob tubes and stopping power helped immensely. While I will never state I am an elite player, I should never, ever have to go through all of my digits (hands only) in a single game watching killcams where my screen shows:
1. Me getting around a corner only to die
2. Me plugging a guy between 3-6 times with hit markers with an assault rifle only to die

And the killcam shows:
1. Me getting dropped before the corner
2. Me never getting a shot off or only getting 1 shot off

I'm with Mad....I'll try it again after the next patch.

Sold my copy of MW2 back so I'll just have to work through some of my backlog or put up with the lag. It's not terrible but it seems like keeping a party together is near impossible. Random people getting kicked out of lobbies or put on opposite teams gets really annoying.

i only seem to have minor lag issues thankfully the real problem i am having is about half of all 12-18 player matches i do thy ps3 will just plain lock up and about 10-15% of other game types... quite annoying to be half way thru a match and you just stop moving and the sound starts looping...

anyone else having system lock up issues ¿?

[quote name='floormat']i only seem to have minor lag issues thankfully the real problem i am having is about half of all 12-18 player matches i do thy ps3 will just plain lock up and about 10-15% of other game types... quite annoying to be half way thru a match and you just stop moving and the sound starts looping...

anyone else having system lock up issues ¿?[/QUOTE]

Clean the disc?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Clean the disc?[/QUOTE]

hmmm i have not removed it from the system since purchase but oddly it had a slight smear smudge near the middle. I cleaned it and put it back in. I'll let you know if that cleared up the problem. Thanks.

[quote name='floormat']is there an official cag clan per say? ie do we have a clan tag ¿? or not really ¿?[/QUOTE]
It's not official per se, since I seem to perform better with a rawr clan tag than a CAG tag. Also because people tend to quit before the match even starts when we rocked all CAG tags, which is really the bigger reason all together.

My PS3-that-I-had-to-switch-a-BR-lens-on-half-a-year-ago just died during a match of Black Ops earlier today (or rather yesterday). I actually have a PS3 Slim I was suppose to switch to available already so I'm not dying on the inside but it sucks to lose saves, gameshare accounts (I didn't deactivate MW2 maps and I'm certainly not paying full price for them) and I will also need to open my old PS3 and take Black Ops out.

[quote name='Hostile']My PS3-that-I-had-to-switch-a-BR-lens-on-half-a-year-ago just died during a match of Black Ops earlier today (or rather yesterday). I actually have a PS3 Slim I was suppose to switch to available already so I'm not dying on the inside but it sucks to lose saves, gameshare accounts (I didn't deactivate MW2 maps and I'm certainly not paying full price for them) and I will also need to open my old PS3 and take Black Ops out.[/QUOTE]

call sony to deactivate that ps3 (dead one) so you can reassign to the new slim ps3.

Word on the next patch... http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=313365

Somewhat surprised to see all the talk.. I have had very little issues. Yes, issues with migrating hosts and what not, but it is rare for me to get in a game where lag ruins it or I feel like people are cheating. I do run across some campers... but hey, it is a FPS and there will always be campers. I like the maps because pretty much any camp spot has two ways in... so you can go in and clean them out if need be.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Word on the next patch... http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=313365

Somewhat surprised to see all the talk.. I have had very little issues. Yes, issues with migrating hosts and what not, but it is rare for me to get in a game where lag ruins it or I feel like people are cheating. I do run across some campers... but hey, it is a FPS and there will always be campers. I like the maps because pretty much any camp spot has two ways in... so you can go in and clean them out if need be.[/QUOTE]
It's not an issue where we've had like one or two campers. We've been dealing with whole teams camping, drop shotting and various stupidity. Now people just camp around the same corners, holding the same spot in the same map behind the same barrel. It really wouldn't be so bad if we weren't all lagging, I have 25MB up/down, I should not be lagging in the least and even if I am, I shouldn't be unable to get kill after kill after kill because of severe host advantage and insane amounts of camping.

That's where this all came up from, Wednesday night every match we went into the opposing team camped, had a better connection and we were basically unable to get anything done. Put the same team on MW2 and we curb stomped on people left and right.

I've been impressed with how often Activision has been putting out patches and working on the flaws in the game. They are truly working hard to keep this from being a universally hated as MW2 was because of the endless glitches and errors.

[quote name='Mad39er']It's not an issue where we've had like one or two campers. We've been dealing with whole teams camping, drop shotting and various stupidity. Now people just camp around the same corners, holding the same spot in the same map behind the same barrel. It really wouldn't be so bad if we weren't all lagging, I have 25MB up/down, I should not be lagging in the least and even if I am, I shouldn't be unable to get kill after kill after kill because of severe host advantage and insane amounts of camping.[/QUOTE]

I have run into several "hide behind this barrel" folks for sure. I just chuck a grenade at them every so often and they usually stop. I have also come across several camping teams, which sucks and makes the game no fun. I find it especially amazing when a whole team camps in spots.. but it is domination. And the team gets hammered. Yeah, you went 25 - 3... but your team lost by 175 points.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I've been impressed with how often Activision has been putting out patches and working on the flaws in the game. They are truly working hard to keep this from being a universally hated as MW2 was because of the endless glitches and errors.[/QUOTE]

Universally hated? MW2 was leaps and bounds above the original. Complain about grenade launchers all you'd like, but the grenade spam and martyrdom made MW multiplayer almost entirely unplayable.

That's cool that they're still patching it :) It's also good to hear they're reducing knife lunge even more. I get commando stabbed from like 6 feet away.

bread's done
Back