BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']Try to keep up here, as of this morning, Aksys announced that Amazon, Gamecrazy and GS will be getting the same exact premium edition. The only thing extra that GS is getting for on-line sales is the art book. Game Crazy is getting a mana energy potion. Other than that, you are getting the same double disc sound track and extra video disc at Amazon, Gamecrazy and Gamestop in the same "limited edition" box for the same $60. They're calling it a free pre-order upgrade, but like the Atlus and NIS games recently, it will probably be the only edition they offer unless it totally sells out and they do a repressing which theoretically would be game only.[/quote]

Regardless of that, you jumped on my response of "extras" just because it was plural without even explaining this. For some, maybe the art book is worth the tax and whatever you don't save from their discount. Also, not everyone gets amazon tax-free. I'm glad you clarified your response though, thanks.

i sort of rather pay the tax for the artbook. still deciding do i buy the premium pack or wait till used copy, but idk how long i will be waiting for used. i can just wait for KOF12 used.

[quote name='silver001']It seems everywhere u pre-order will get a free upgrade to limited edition.
sources http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/04/29/we-heard-you-like-limited-edition/

I'm interested in the game but the only seem to be 10 characters. I think for a game that cost that much it have far more than that. Or am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

It takes quite a lot of work to draw sprites for an HD fighting game. Unlike polygon-based games, each frame requires the artist to start from the very beginning for each and every frame they draw. The HD Remix of Street Fighter was in development for a couple of years and that was only 17 characters. Even the King of Fighters series, which had come to be known for it's massive roster size, had to scale things way back for the HD debut of the series. I think KOF went from something like 50+ characters down to 15 for the HD version of KOF XII.

I'm actually excited to see such a small roster as it simplifies balancing the game.

As for cost per character... hey, you're getting 3 bonus discs for the cost of a regular game. :)

If I order two copies in one order from gamestop, one for me and one for my friend, would I receive two artbooks or one?

[quote name='aaronyu2']If I order two copies in one order from gamestop, one for me and one for my friend, would I receive two artbooks or one?[/quote]

I wouldn't risk it... make two separate orders and use the coupon code

saver

for each order

it will be the same amount... where u pay 0 for shipping...

ALSO.. i jumped on this offer just cause of the bonus content... i think that this game will end up being a mrsp of 40 mighty quick... i could be wrong though... at any rate, they created a decent amount of hype for this....

[quote name='sinned47']i agree, 10 characters is a bit low for a 60 dollar game. unless they going for balance :eek:[/QUOTE]

Back in the day we paid $70 for 8 characters in Street Fighter II

[quote name='62t']Back in the day we paid $70 for 8 characters in Street Fighter II[/quote]

That was then this is then.

I think paying 60 is for when u add the LE, but after that it shouldnt be that high.

I ordered from amazon at 59.99, I think the people that ordered at 53.99 were using that ECA coupon code, which there is another post about on the main deals forum on cag.

Oh and I've pre-order before from gamestop, forget which game, but the exclusive art book it came with was crappy and not worth in in my opinion...that's why stickin with amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jwargand']I ordered from amazon at 59.99, I think the people that ordered at 53.99 were using that ECA coupon code, which there is another post about on the main deals forum on cag.

Oh and I've pre-order before from gamestop, forget which game, but the exclusive art book it came with was crappy and not worth in in my opinion...that's why stickin with amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm really debating as to whether or not the artbook is worth the extra cost at GameStop. I could get this for $54 from Amazon after my ECA membership, which is $10 less than GameStop. And knowing Amazon, they'll most likely drop the price even more...:whistle2:k

Great... ECA doesn't work. It keeps giving me an access denied when I try to get my code (Amazon no longer has my code, I entered it once and it worked fine for 4 orders... and now they lost it).

The game as of this moment has 12 announced characters-

As for people saying this game isn't worth the admission price, that all depends on how much you like fighting games in general and whether you have good competition among your friends and also your willingness to play over the network with others players.

Having played the game in the Arcades I can say that as far as mechanics go, this is an excellent fighter that can stand toe to toe with the likes of SF 4, KoF XII and GGXX.

Each character has a "drive" attack which is immensely useful and essentially caters towards a different play style everytime you select a new character to play. Although there are a only 12 characters announced for the game at this moment the game is no less worthy for it because of their uniqueness and also the quality and care that they were created(marvel at the sheer amount of animation per character).

From my understanding, they're adding an extensive story mode with branching paths for each character with full voice work and a host of unlockables so I'm not too worried about the game's staying power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8Mnb02SGk

i have one question, i already preordered it; yet how is the games online features. will this have a lobby, unlike sf4, for friends?

[quote name='mythus']i have one question, i already preordered it; yet how is the games online features. will this have a lobby, unlike sf4, for friends?[/QUOTE]

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/959/959794p2.html

"BlazBlue will obviously feature a normal assortment of Arcade and Versus modes, as well as a full-blown Story mode with plenty of dialogue. I was told that Gonzo will be producing a new opening for the console version with a theme song performed by J-pop star Kotoko.

The game will also feature online play as well as Achievements and Trophy support. The game's online modes include both ranked and unranked offerings, as well as six-player lobby support where friends can meet up, chat and spectate the current match. Leaderboards outside the lobby will also display who is currently playing, as well as the player's character of choice. Mori explained that his team is very hard at work making these modes possible. "

[quote name='Slade']http://ps3.ign.com/articles/959/959794p2.html

"BlazBlue will obviously feature a normal assortment of Arcade and Versus modes, as well as a full-blown Story mode with plenty of dialogue. I was told that Gonzo will be producing a new opening for the console version with a theme song performed by J-pop star Kotoko.

The game will also feature online play as well as Achievements and Trophy support. The game's online modes include both ranked and unranked offerings, as well as six-player lobby support where friends can meet up, chat and spectate the current match. Leaderboards outside the lobby will also display who is currently playing, as well as the player's character of choice. Mori explained that his team is very hard at work making these modes possible. "[/quote]
sooo awesome, thx. i've been playing a lot of guilty gear x2 reloaded after jumping on the hype train for this game. really can't wait after receiving such a sour performance from sf4.

I played the arcade version of Blazblue when I went through Houston this last time to go to South Padre Island for vacation. I'm thoroughly impressed with it, so much so I ordered a copy of the LE that Gamestop has, and I decided to import the Blazblue arcade stick from Play-Asia as well.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm really debating as to whether or not the artbook is worth the extra cost at GameStop. I could get this for $54 from Amazon after my ECA membership, which is $10 less than GameStop. And knowing Amazon, they'll most likely drop the price even more...:whistle2:k

Great... ECA doesn't work. It keeps giving me an access denied when I try to get my code (Amazon no longer has my code, I entered it once and it worked fine for 4 orders... and now they lost it).[/quote]

Yeah, I am still struggling with that. 32 pages... really not that much. Luminous Arc2's artbook is 60 pages... Persona 4 is 80+ pages... 32 pages really can't contain too much stuff... or not enough of Noel?!

edit: well.. Disgaea 3's hard cover artbook is only 35 pages, but not too bad... sigh

GAH....had to order from GS....I have at least 5 close to me but with SAVER it'll get sent to me so I don't have to run out one of these days...but if it's confirmed that amazon has it then I might just switch...I mean it's $5 for tax but still I wouldn't be here if it didn't make a difference:D

[quote name='wasabi5858']Yeah, I am still struggling with that. 32 pages... really not that much. Luminous Arc2's artbook is 60 pages... Persona 4 is 80+ pages... 32 pages really can't contain too much stuff... or not enough of Noel?!

edit: well.. Disgaea 3's hard cover artbook is only 35 pages, but not too bad... sigh

...[/quote]
if you guys remember the valkyria chronicles art book, you will know why small things can equate to high demand. i think those things are still selling for 50$. i'm so lucky i managed to get one. as much as i hate gamestop, ill take it.

[quote name='mythus']if you guys remember the valkyria chronicles art book, you will know why small things can equate to high demand. i think those things are still selling for 50$. i'm so lucky i managed to get one. as much as i hate gamestop, ill take it.[/quote]

Yeah, in one of my post here, I mentioned that I took the amazon $3 saving + $10 off coupon for my VC pre-order and have been regretting it. I do feel a lot less attachment to this game tho ...

Personally, I don't have an issue buying from GameStop. I usually only buy new games from them and only buy/sell used games with them when the proper coupons/discounts come around so I can rape them every once in a while.

I haven't ordered from Gamestop in quite a while. Do they ship in boxes or padded mailers? All of my Amazon orders have come in boxes. That would decide it for me, since I hate getting boxed sets in padded mailers.

[quote name='NDPsycho']I haven't ordered from Gamestop in quite a while. Do they ship in boxes or padded mailers? All of my Amazon orders have come in boxes. That would decide it for me, since I hate getting boxed sets in padded mailers.[/quote]
i think w/ saver they ship with ups ground. I have never seen ups ship mailers, but i could be wrong.

I broke down and pre-ordered that is a nice limited edition to get for normal price. I also want that art-book, limited though it may be.

With as much as I'm spending on fighters and fightsticks this year, I really wish I didn't still suck at fighting games.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I broke down and pre-ordered that is a nice limited edition to get for normal price. I also want that art-book, limited though it may be.

With as much as I'm spending on fighters and fightsticks this year, I really wish I didn't still suck at fighting games.[/quote]
lol i'm with ya. i'm having a horrible time vs I-No in guilty gear x2 reloaded. she's such a cheat. luckily i've been playing sf for a long time though; it has carved me up to a decent sf'er; can't say the same about guilty gear =(.

I want this game so hard. especially now that I have a stick for my 360 (also makes me extra pumped to re-buy MvC2). I know the price of fighting games on 360 always drop eventually, which makes me wanna wait, but...that art book coupled with how bad I wanna play it might make that a bit difficult.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, it is just you. It's not even like a special Mana energy potion, only the box is unique. I'd rather get the art book.[/quote]
have you ever drank one? that thing is gross.

[quote name='mythus']i think those things are still selling for 50$.[/QUOTE] They've been going for $30 on eBay, which is still pretty impressive for a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='Thrinn']They've been going for $30 on eBay, which is still pretty impressive for a pre-order bonus.[/quote]

A month after release they were going for $70-80+... more than the game itself.

[quote name='GuardianE']A month after release they were going for $70-80+... more than the game itself.[/QUOTE] As far as I've seen, only MGS3:S & the Blizzard collector's editions have managed to hold on to their value over time. IMHO, collector's editions are generally a poor investment from a speculation standpoint.

[quote name='Thrinn']As far as I've seen, only MGS3:S & the Blizzard collector's editions have managed to hold on to their value over time. IMHO, collector's editions are generally a poor investment from a speculation standpoint.[/quote]

Not even Blizzard's recent CEs, as they've started mass producing them to ridiculous levels.

You're right, it's really all speculation and a poor investment if you're just trying to make money. That said, I was just commenting that the prime time to resell the VC artbook was a good month after release, as word spread about the game and it's popularity, but no more artbooks were available.

uhm FYI I was at frys earlier this week (just the other day actually) to grab some thermal grease and I saw a stack of those mana energy drinks for $4. I thought about getting it but decided against it since it did seem kinda hokey to be selling that. I'd rather get the artbook, which would be a bit limited in availability, then something I can pick up for $4 and only comes in a box that someone can photoshop with no prob but that's just me.

personally I'm waiting to see what comes with either Splatterhouse or Modern Warfare 2 :D

Funny story about the mana potion:
At the New York city comic con in February, the Aksys games booth was directly across from the Mana energy potion booth. I wonder if that's how this bonus got brewin'?

[quote name='Thrinn']As far as I've seen, only MGS3:S & the Blizzard collector's editions have managed to hold on to their value over time. IMHO, collector's editions are generally a poor investment from a speculation standpoint.[/quote]

I really have noticed that as well. The only exception would be sealed ones and even then it is only certain games. Take Gears of War 1's "CE" when GOW 2 was close to coming out. In the months leading up to its release the first one still sealed was fetching a pretty penny. For a few weeks I did not see one go for under $180.

But then again we are talking about new and sealed which is the best way for a game to hold value period.

On topic though I will be ordering this from GS to get that art book :)

[quote name='Thrinn']As far as I've seen, only MGS3:S & the Blizzard collector's editions have managed to hold on to their value over time. IMHO, collector's editions are generally a poor investment from a speculation standpoint.[/QUOTE]

um Tales of Vesperia LE? Bioshick LE?

Bioshock is one that varies though. If your big daddy figure was busted that diminishes the value of it. I haven't seen prices on used ones on ebay at all but man one of those sealed is >$200!!

I am glad I got ahold of a Vesperia LE though :)
Very glad that they did a very limited print run of that LE! I was thinking of forking out the full retail for a 2nd one since I saw it the other day at gamecrazy.

[quote name='GuardianE']Not even Blizzard's recent CEs, as they've started mass producing them to ridiculous levels.
[/quote]
This: the last Blizzard CE worth money is the original WOW CE.

Don't think so. I tried the store pickup with RE5 and all they did was reach back and grab a copy from behind them. You'd think there would be some actual sign that it was shipped from the website to the store but noooo.

Tales of Vesperia and Mass Effect LE's have kept their value. Possibly MGS 4 CE also?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Bioshock is one that varies though. If your big daddy figure was busted that diminishes the value of it. I haven't seen prices on used ones on ebay at all but man one of those sealed is >$200!!

I am glad I got ahold of a Vesperia LE though :)
Very glad that they did a very limited print run of that LE! I was thinking of forking out the full retail for a 2nd one since I saw it the other day at gamecrazy.[/quote]

This is the first I've heard of these LE for Tales of Vesperia. Who carried them?

[quote name='movieman2742']This is the first I've heard of these LE for Tales of Vesperia. Who carried them?[/quote]

Most online vendors had a small supply. They announced the premium edition right before release, which led to a gigantic mess when it came to order fulfillments. Amazon had a lot of them. Some Gamecrazy's had them, but Gamestops did not.

Around 7,000 were produced, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Tales of Vesperia and Mass Effect LE's have kept their value. Possibly MGS 4 CE also?[/QUOTE]eBay has a single unsold copy of the Tales CE for a $120 minimum starting bid, a single sold copy of Mass Effect CE for $15 (the rest went unsold), and a single unsold copy of MGS4 CE for $60. Granted eBay isn't the final word in CE values...

[quote name='Thrinn']eBay has a single unsold copy of the Tales CE for $120ish, a single sold copy of Mass Effect CE for $15 (the rest went unsold), and a single unsold copy of MGS4 CE for $60. Granted eBay isn't the final world in CE values, but it's a good indication.[/quote]

Those will fluctuate with future releases... especially if they remain sealed.

MGS4 is a wildcard. I can see if being worth nothing down the line.

Tales CE seems pretty consistent with other Tales games. Tales games, like many JRPGs, tend to retain their value longer than most others.

Bioshock LE is the obvious highlight of this generation.

Completed listings for the Street Fighter IV Collectors Edition (PS3) range anywhere from $60-$110 (the only $60 one was with a crushed box).

bread's done
Back