BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Thread - Continuum Shift II patch & Platinum Out Now!

[quote name='MtlTom']I'd like to play tonight, but if everyone doesn't have it maybe you and I can get some matches in Guardian & then play some HDR with everyone.[/QUOTE]

That sounds fair. Though, I was looking forward to a CAG CS night. If Shinobi, Flippr, and/or Roses end up picking it up before tonight, I'd say it's still viable.

Do we still get exp points for Player Matches in CS?

[quote name='Morphx2']I wont be getting it tonight for sure.

Bought Starcraft 2 the other day :p

Plus, i would have to learn how to actually play first![/QUOTE]

Damn, I'm jealous again! I want to play SCII so badly, but my laptop doesn't have the specs to run it and my gaming budget is lean (going to Best Buy for CS b/c I have a balance on the gift card to help offset the $40).

I'm leaving in 20 minutes to see if BB's website is accurate and it is truly in stock. Hopefully we'll be able to get so matches in tonight.

Good games last night to Shinobi, Tom, Roses, and FistInFace. I'm glad we were able to get a nice sized room going, since the fate of CS CAG night was spotty at best earlier in the day.

[quote name='Morphx2']ill be playing it tonight

add me too, even though i wont know how to play[/QUOTE]

Like I PM'd, I think Lambda-11 would fit your playstyle as your main (weaker vitality, but faster/damage/mobility), and I feel comfortable saying that now that she's not completely overpowered in Continuum Shift. Lots of good distance mix-ups, keep away game, huge demoralizing combos/juggles... so she's kinda like Seth. She (or a version of her, really) was the boss in Calamity Trigger, too.

I was gonna say that maybe you should go with Ragna or Taokaka, but Tom brought up some good points on Lambda. Variety would be nice, too, since Shinobi mains Tao and Roses mains Ragna.

Damnit, Guardian beat me to the punch again. I completely agree with the way you play Seth, Lambda would probably fit your playstyle. She has hella mixups and can play keep away if needed.

Definitely go through the tutorial, Lambda's strategy section, and try out some of the challenges. It's definitely different from SSF4 but still a really fun game.

GGs to everyone last night. It'll be really interesting to see where things go once we've all had some time with the game.

Also, Beginner Mode only night - lets make it happen! :lol:

Yeah, I wanted to pick someone that none of you use, because then it would get boring :D

I will try Lambda tonight! Does she look hot???

[quote name='Morphx2']Yeah, I wanted to pick someone that none of you use, because then it would get boring :D

I will try Lambda tonight! Does she look hot???[/QUOTE]

lambda11.jpg

Mu 12 could also fit the bill, though we're not sure how she plays yet exactly. MtlTom posted a video earlier.

EDIT: Ah, here it is.

[quote name='MtlTom']The game is out in Japan now. Here's some pretty good quality video of Mu-12 vs Lambda-11. There's a bunch of online play videos on that guys Youtube as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNyFo3e6MS8[/QUOTE]

Good news for everyone trying to get Mu-12 - you don't have to do every canon ending story mode to unlock the true ending. Here are the chars you need to do it with & how to get the different paths for each character. Doesn't contain story spoilers, which choice to pick (1 or 2)

Characters Required to Unlock True Ending
Ragna
Jin
Noel
Rachel
Tsubaki
Hakumen
Hazama

Character Paths
Ragna - Stray Sheep
Clear ending: Pick the first option after beating Carl. Unlocks Noel, Rachel, Tao, and Carl stories
Alt ending: Lose to Rachel and then beat Jin
Joke ending: Pick the second option after beating Carl.

Noel - Desperation
Clear ending: Pick the second option after beating Carl. Unlocks Jin and Tager stories
Alt ending: Pick first option after beating Carl, pick first option after beating Bang.
Joke ending: Pick first option after beating Carl, and pick third option after beating Bang.

Jin - Decision
Clear ending: Pick 2nd option at beginning.
Alt: Pick 2nd option and lose to Unlimited Rachel
Joke: Pick 1st option

Tager - Loyalty
Clear: Pick first option, pick first option after beating Lithchi, and pick first option after beating Unlimited Hazama. Unlocks Tsubaki and Lambda stories
Alt: First option, first option, and pick the second option after beating Unlimited Hazama.
Joke: Pick first option, and pick 2nd option after beating Litchi.

Lambda - Lacrina
Clear: Pick the second option after beating Carl
Alt: Pick second option after beating Carl and lose to Nu
Joke: Pick first option after beating Carl

Taokaka - Journey
Clear: Pick first option after beating Arakune. Unlocks Bang's story
Alt: Pick first option after beating Arakune and lose to Noel
Joke. Pick second option after beating Arakune

Bang - Lost Arch Enemy
Clear: Pick first option, and then first option after that.
Alt: Pick second option
Joke: Pick first option and then second option after that

Carl - Relatives
Clear: First option, first option. Unlocks Litchi's story
Alt: First option, and then second option
Joke: Pick second option after beating Noel

Litchi - Erosion
Clear: First option, and pick the first option after beating Arakune. Unlocks Arakune story
Alt: First option, and pick the second option after beating Arakune.
Joke: Pick the second option at the beginning.

Rachel - Lie to Myself
Clear: Pick second option after Hakumen, and first option after Jin.
Alt: Pick second option after Hakumen, and second after Jin
Joke: Pick first option after Hakumen.

Arakune - Dilectus
Clear: Pick second option after beating Taokaka, and then pick second option after beating Carl
Alt: Pick second option after beating Taokaka, and then pick first option after beating Carl
Joke: Pick first option after beating Taokaka.

Tsubaki: Regret Sin
Clear: Pick first option.
Alt: Pick second option and beat Carl, Jin, and Noel with distortion drive finishes.
Joke: Pick either option but lose to Jin

Haku=men - Possibility
Clear: Pick first option after beating Jin
Alt: Pick second optoin after beating Jin

Hazama - Advent Sword
Clear: Pick first option at beginning.
Alt: Pick first option at beginning and lose to Jin
"Help me Doctor Kokonoe" segment: Pick first option at beginning and lose to Ragna
Joke: Pick second option at the beginning.

Truth End - Murakumo
Clear/100%: Just win every fight

[quote name='Morphx2']this game is whack, i got horrible lag![/QUOTE]
It had to be something on your end. I had 0 lag when I was playing against you, & had no problems when I went into ranked after I fought you. Very rarely do I get lag in BB, the netcode is amazing.

You're using a fightpad right? Make sure your controller is set to "DP" and not "LS." I do remember in some other game the LS didn't seem as responsive compared to the DP setting. If not check your router.

[quote name='Morphx2']i dunno, SSF4 and starcraft 2 were fine. I will give it ONE more try.[/QUOTE]

It's odd, man. Even among people who hate BlazBlue, online play is still considered the best out of any fighting game (just short of GGPO), so I imagine it was your connection. In about 500 matches in the original BlazBlue, I can probably count the number of laggy matches on one hand. Again, the opening sequence can be incredibly delayed/laggy until the whole REBEL 1, and then it should suddenly clear up. Hopefully it'll be better today.

On an unrelated note, I hate Score Attack mode. I finally got past Unlimited Hakumen with Litchi only to lose repeatedly to Unlimited Hazama. I hope there's an AI exploit found somewhere down the line. I tried using Jin and I ice car'd my way all the way to Unlimited Hazama without too much trouble, but was too fed up to continue after so many losses. I'm going to table Score Attack for a while. I don't really need Unlimited Litchi right away.

any good sites to check out for for the first BB? I might start playing it again and actually try out some multiplayer. No stick but have a fightpad (SFIV madcatz). Also I'm noob at fighters despite my one blog entry :bouncy:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']any good sites to check out for for the first BB? I might start playing it again and actually try out some multiplayer. No stick but have a fightpad (SFIV madcatz). Also I'm noob at fighters despite my one blog entry :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'd say go with the Dustloop or SRK forums.

Wow. Tutorial mode is awesome! Capcom should take notes. Once I get the hang of things, I'll jump in with you guys, but for now I'm a total noob.

Tried it today.

Took like 30 seconds to find someone with a 3-lag...way too long

Found a few 2's...most were 1's and 0's.

Game is fun...but I cant play online for some reason with this game.

I tried restarting the router/modem, same thing.

Oh well, give up

[quote name='Morphx2']Tried it today.

Took like 30 seconds to find someone with a 3-lag...way too long

Found a few 2's...most were 1's and 0's.

Game is fun...but I cant play online for some reason with this game.

I tried restarting the router/modem, same thing.

Oh well, give up[/QUOTE]

Can I have your copy of the game :D

First of all, I'd just like to say that Unlimited Hakumen is an asshole.

Gamer SDP - interesting blog entry. It actually explains why the controls NEVER seem to work on MVC2 when I go to DQ :lol:. Last time I went there my friend's and I spent hours playing SF2HF.

I will say if you're looking to start playing online in BB, switch to CS. Shinobi was playing some ranked Wed to knock out his last achievement and said the community is kind of dead, and most of the people playing are pretty beastly. The tutorial & challenges will also help you learn the game.

Ma12kez - you're welcome to join anytime. Most of us are on the CAG Fighter IV group so that's the easiest way to add us.

[quote name='bs000']Can I have your copy of the game :D[/QUOTE]
Flippr if you're giving up, you need to make this happen!

I didn't get a chance to play CT but I just bought the game yesterday and I used to play Guilty Gear a lot. I would love to play with any of you guys sometime. My gamertag is KBURNS10 if you don't mind playing with a newbie.

I read on gamefaqs that some people were having issues with lag and that a netcode patch would be released with Makoto come August 8th. Since it's from gamefaqs, however, take it with a grain of salt.

Good games to MtlTom and Shinobi today. Lots of fun, as usual. For anyone else who would like some friendly matches, make sure to add CAG FIGHTER IV to your friends' list so that you can view any CAGs playing BlazBlue.

I've been working through a lot of the story so far. I think I just have Hazama and the True Ending for the main storyline. I really love some of the gag reels, too. Once I finish the majority of these, I might hit up Score Attack again. *shudder*

Lots of fun in the matches last night. I worked through a little more of the story mode & I think I just have Tsubaki, Hakumen, & Hazama to unlock the True Ending. Then it's time for some mu! The story definitely seems a lot longer this time around, but it's still very enjoyable.

Oh and from the looks of it, Makoto will have some achievements. I just noticed on xbox.com that the total achievement points went up to 1080. Interesting....

Makoto just went live this morning! As did a new system update which may fix the lag that some people were having... or it could just be an update so that everyone can play against Makoto. I guess we'll have to see.

I also beat True Story yesterday. As expected, I still have a ton of questions, but they did close things cleanly while keeping it open for a sequel. As a by-product, I unlocked Ms. Assless Chaps, Mu-12. I tried out some of her Challenge Mode, and I think she's got some 1-2 frame links in there that I can't consistently get yet. She doesn't seem to be a newb friendly character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaaand here they are:

Choose Unlimited Makoto, 10G

Combo over 5000 damage, 30G

Complete 7/10+ challenges with Makoto, 40
------

I hope taking my save file between two different systems will be a problem if each one is on a different version. Fortunately they haven't done any balancing so I don't think it'll be that bad anyways.

Now that this is out, they need to announce a release date/details for Valkenhayn.

Valkenhayn is most likely a Werewolf, all his attacks from people who opened up the data files on the disc confirmed most of his attacks contained "Moon" or "Howling" you can even check out his stage theme on youtube

[quote name='MtlTom']Aaaaand here they are:

Choose Unlimited Makoto, 10G

Combo over 5000 damage, 30G

Complete 7/10+ challenges with Makoto, 40
------

I hope taking my save file between two different systems will be a problem if each one is on a different version. Fortunately they haven't done any balancing so I don't think it'll be that bad anyways.

Now that this is out, they need to announce a release date/details for Valkenhayn.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it would be a big deal. BlazBlue:CS has the option of switching between version numbers (currently just the launch 1.00, and the latest updated 1.01), so I imagine compatibility of saves wouldn't be too difficult a task. I imagine your one console would just be stuck on 1.00, and unable to switch to 1.01.

Those achievements seem pretty straightforward. Hopefully these challenges are included in the 100 challenge achievement.

GGs last night everyone. Sorry I dropped, when I stepped away Brighthouse decided it would be a great idea to have a service outage. I just got my internet back about an hour ago. :whistle2:(

Makoto is pretty nasty, you had some good stuff going with her already Guardian. I don't think her mixup game is quite as strong as Litchi since she has to be close to do damage, but she's going to give some characters some grief.

I hope you got your AC fixed Shinobi, or at the very least got a bunch of fans to keep cool until you got a tech out.

Good games to Tom today.

I had a losing streak of like 25 or so today while playing as Makoto in Ranked (I am so, SO raging). It's really hard to get in on faster characters, as she has zero reach. The mixup of her clones is great until the opponent realizes that there are no invincibility frames during those clones, so any large vertical attack can suppress it. I also have a difficult time maintaining some pressure because she doesn't have many red combos, and the timing on her bnb's are relatively strict (and often character specific x_x). Sloppy inputs, mistimed combos, wrong versions of moves. You name it, that was me today. I kept telling myself I'd quit after the next win, but the next win never came :(.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the game matches you up based on your PSR (whatever that is), and whereas my PSR for Litchi is around 150, my PSR for Makoto is 3.

/bitching

Good games yesterday. I was also having an off day execution wise as I was dropping BNB combos - I was pissed at how many times I missed Atomic Collider. I did try a few new setups that worked out pretty nicely. I really need to work on Gadget Finger mixups & tech-traps.

I'm also kind of learning the Makoto match & what works/doesn't. I have a much better idea of where to block/IB. I still think it's slightly in her favor because a) Her pokes are pretty fast and hard to punish and b) Tager is a giant hitbox :cry:.

[quote name='MtlTom']Good games yesterday. I was also having an off day execution wise as I was dropping BNB combos - I was pissed at how many times I missed Atomic Collider. I did try a few new setups that worked out pretty nicely. I really need to work on Gadget Finger mixups & tech-traps.

I'm also kind of learning the Makoto match & what works/doesn't. I have a much better idea of where to block/IB. I still think it's slightly in her favor because a) Her pokes are pretty fast and hard to punish and b) Tager is a giant hitbox :cry:.[/QUOTE]

I thought your Super-> Rapid Cancel -> 360 was very nice. I was wary of it throughout all the next rounds.

And you're right about Tager. His giant hitbox seems to be the major issue. All character specific combos of Makoto seem work on Tager when they may miss on another character.

I just saw that the other day. Valkenhyn looks very promising, though with the name Hellsing, you would think he isn't a werewolf? Well, I'm sure he'll be awesome regardless.

Something I found when fiddling with Unlimited Makoto in training, she has a very different moveset from regular Makoto... with more SSFIV references! Unlimited Makoto no longer has the Asteroid Vision (clones), but instead has a Cross Counter and Machinegun Blow like Dudley. She also has a Rolling Thunder super and an additional super very reminiscient of Makoto's Ultra 2 from SSFIV.

The pain from Score Attack mode has almost faded, so I suppose it's time to revisit it.

I beat Legion mode on hard the other day. If anyone's having trouble with it, I have one bit of advice: Recruit Unlimited Taokaka as soon as possible.

Good games last night to MtlTom and Shinobi. I'm glad that we sort of recruiting your friend, Shinobi. The more people on fightnight, the better!

GGs last night indeed. I definitely agree that we should try to get more people for BBCS, which is part of the reason I wanted to do HDR/SSF4 last night.

I started Legion mode today. Unlimited Tao is ridiculous!

Oh and is it just me or are all the Hakumens in ranked really lame? I haven't encountered any rushdown Haku's yet, they all just stand full screen and run away. Maybe it's just they can't handle the power of magnetism?

lol, I like how you were just complaining about online Hakumens and the video showcases the tech trap against an online Hakumen. I'm still not even sure what happened there. You're not supposed to be able to gadget finger twice in a row, are you? Doesn't the first GF put your opponent in standing state? It doesn't even look like Hakumen tech'd there. He just insta-air dashed away, but got caught anyway.

I really want to earn Unlimited Litchi, and I got to U. Hazama again the other day. Once again, I forgot to press start on the second controller on the third round. It's killing me. :bomb:

Baahhhhh.... there are no video strategies online for her either. It's all Jin or Tager. At least I can work on Story Mode and Challenges in the meantime.

As far as the 2nd GF, I guess you do it as your opponent is falling from the 1st GF and it's basically a mixup option. It gives a little more magnetism, sucks in certain moves/reversals. I just thought it was pretty silly.

Yeah, I mean I realize that it's probably smart for Hakumen to stay away from Tager, but it's ridiculous that majority go into negative state doing it. Oh well, free damage if I catch them!

[quote name='MtlTom']As far as the 2nd GF, I guess you do it as your opponent is falling from the 1st GF and it's basically a mixup option. It gives a little more magnetism, sucks in certain moves/reversals. I just thought it was pretty silly.

Yeah, I mean I realize that it's probably smart for Hakumen to stay away from Tager, but it's ridiculous that majority go into negative state doing it. Oh well, free damage if I catch them![/QUOTE]

Okay, so it's Gadget Finger into Astral. GF always puts your opponent directly into 360 throw range, I believe.

Yeah, i just thought it was funny. It felt like you were getting revenge on all those online Hakumens vicariously in the video through humiliation. ;)

bread's done
Back