BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Thread - Continuum Shift II patch & Platinum Out Now!

To any one that hasn't bought her yet, Makoto is half off now.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264333
December 20th - January 10th: "BlazBlue CS DLC" OPEN TO ALL XBL MEMBERS
-Additional Character Colors #1 - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Additional Character Colors #2 - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Additional Character Colors #3 - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Additional Playable Character "Makoto Nanaya" - 320 Microsoft Points - 43% off
-Additional System Voice Type-K - 240 Microsoft Points - 40% off
-Additional System Voice Type-C - 240 Microsoft Points - 40% off
-Additional System Voice Type-M - 240 Microsoft Points - 40% off
-Unlock Playable Character Mu - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Unlock All Unlimited Characters - 240 Microsoft Points - 40% off
What's in this DLC?
~Thanks sherisdoppel
I'll be dling the Makoto dlc sometime soon, i really should play this game instead of just buying characters.(who was that last guy?)

[quote name='BackInBlack']That jackiechandler dude just murked guardian, figured i'd just rage quit ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

Lol, Guardian told me about that last night. Funny stuff. :p

If you guys are up for some BBCS (or some SSFIV for that matter) I'll be free tonight... But not THAT kind of free. :3

GT: The Almighty DJ

feel free to hit me up for some friendly matches...(I'll try to be gentle)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']If you guys are up for some BBCS (or some SSFIV for that matter) I'll be free tonight... But not THAT kind of free. :3[/QUOTE]

...ooh, we shall see sir @_@

Continuum Shift II is coming! (Finally!)

http://shoryuken.com/content/blazblue-continuum-shift-platinum-dlc-shift-ii-update-details-4230/

JP 360 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/10/2011 (560points)
JP PS3 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/12/2011 (800yen)

Patch Notes:
-[System] Platinum character addition.
-[System] Platinum Trophy/Achievement Data.
-[Network] PSR will be displayed in match.
-[Network] Can select different characters for training mode while waiting for ranked.
-[Network] Can cancel network match after battle preparation screen.
-[Network] Ranked match specifications changed.
-[Network] Netcode improved.
-[System] Console version will be equal with the April 15th arcade build.
-[Challenge] Challenge mode updated to CS2 standard. Previous competitions transfer over.
-[Network] Added more simple messages inside player matches.
-[Network] Valkenhayn will get additional experience. (360 only)
-[Network] More penalty's against rage quitters.
-[Challenge] Changed how meters recover where gauge/meter is required.
-[System] Fixed bug when selecting mode the game might freeze.
-[System] Fixed bug when mu's certain motion cause the display color to be messed up.
-[DLC] U.Platinum and DLC Colors will be included with dlc purchase of the character.
-[Network] Ranked mode version changed to v1.03.
-[Arcade] Platinum will not be available and no additional scenarios.
-[Legion] Platinum will not be available.
-[Story] No additional scenarios for Platinum.

Does this mean another disc version ALA Street Fighter IV or just all via DLC?
I've been holding off on CS because of all the rumors, but it looks like I'll have to pick it up soon if theres not gonna be another disc version.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Does this mean another disc version ALA Street Fighter IV or just all via DLC?
I've been holding off on CS because of all the rumors, but it looks like I'll have to pick it up soon if theres not gonna be another disc version.[/QUOTE]

No disc version has been announced, though PSP and 3DS versions have been. I think it's all DLC, but they may eventually release a compilation down the road.

I'm super excited for this. Hopefully it'll breathe new life into the title and we can get more people into it. Sucks I'll have to relearn Litchi, but I'll make do. :p I'm really impressed that they're updating the Challenge Mode to reflect the changes.

In case anyone was wondering, an Aksys employee confirmed that patch 1.03 will fix the glitched Valkenhayn achievements.

According to Aksys, the balance patch for CSII (v1.03) will be free and will add an in-game ad-banner with the CSII update. It's not clear what it's for or where it will be. I'm assuming it will be on the main menu screen for DLC you haven't purchased.

Also, it looks like every character is getting new Challenges.

Ugh, Litchi is a mess. None of her old Bnbs work. Her ground string game is non-existant.

I can understand increasing the pro-ration and changing some of her moveset. Hell, I can even understand not being able to combo into Itsuu. But having opponents be able to emergency roll out of sweeps? Opponent's immediately recovery after Tsubame? Even her basic combos now require relatively tight timing. They made her harder to use, and weaker overall.

Her old CT combos don't even work anymore.

I'm so out of practice. I played ranked today and pretty much got bodied the entire time. I went like 1-10 :whistle2:/. It's weird because most of Tager's BnB's are along the lines of his CT combos. I guess I just need to get them back down again.

Oh and Platinum trolls Tager HARD.

I just bought this game and got all the patches

Even though I really suck at ssf4 and probably this and mlb2K11 all other games i get board with in 16 minutes

And I got a Cammy fight pad so that helps

Just curious, if you have the 1.03 patch is there any reason to keep the 1.01 and 1.02 patches? Does the 1.03 patch contain all the data from previous patches?

[quote name='Osiris11235']Just curious, if you have the 1.03 patch is there any reason to keep the 1.01 and 1.02 patches? Does the 1.03 patch contain all the data from previous patches?[/QUOTE]

Yes. 1.01 and 1.02 retain both of the previous changes. You can't really "delete" the previous balance changes because they all stack on top of each other anyway. But once you have 1.03, you have the option of playing 1.01 (includes Makoto + changes), 1.02 (includes Valkenhayn + changes), or 1.03 (major CSII update + Platinum). You can set your lobby to whatever version type you want online.

bread's done
Back