Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Teujip']My wife went to Target and grabbed Nausicaa -still 27.99 there.
A bit pricier than what I would have liked it to be, but I guess it balances out with the cheapo deals I got with Toy Story 1 and 2 :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sucks how we get the Disney tax AND the Ghibli tax combined.

[quote name='prim4444']I'm pretty sure it said online coupon. I can double check tomorrow and check about prices too.

Edit: $5 coupon is an online coupon.

The only price given at this time is the 3D 4 disc Blu-Ray $27.99 after coupon. TRU is giving away a Tangled canvas wall art ($7.99) with purchase of movie also.[/QUOTE]For all that, you still did NOT answer the prior poster's question:

[quote name='shrike4242']$5 TRU coupon or $5 manufacturer's coupon?[/QUOTE]This is critical because the Target ad also mentions a $5 coupon, and it's unclear whether THAT is a store coupon or a manufacturer's coupon. (Target's ad URL points back to their own website.)

Does the URL in the TRU ad use tangledcoupon.com or tangledoffer.com? If so, then it's the DMR coupon, thus it's only $5. :cry:

[quote name='RBBrittain']For all that, you still did NOT answer the prior poster's question:

This is critical because the Target ad also mentions a $5 coupon, and it's unclear whether THAT is a store coupon or a manufacturer's coupon. (Target's ad URL points back to their own website.)

Does the URL in the TRU ad use tangledcoupon.com or tangledoffer.com? If so, then it's the DMR coupon, thus it's only $5. :cry:[/QUOTE]

i mentioned this in a thread i created before. in a mailer i got from target was a target coupon for $5 off a disney purchase of 24.99 or more. if target is pointing to it's own site, i would assume they plan on putting this on the online coupons but who knows.

[quote name='RBBrittain']For all that, you still did NOT answer the prior poster's question:

This is critical because the Target ad also mentions a $5 coupon, and it's unclear whether THAT is a store coupon or a manufacturer's coupon. (Target's ad URL points back to their own website.)

Does the URL in the TRU ad use tangledcoupon.com or tangledoffer.com? If so, then it's the DMR coupon, thus it's only $5. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Just got the TRU ad today. It lists tangledcoupon.com for the $5 coupon.

These will probably be the worst, but here are TRU prices

18.99 DVD
27.99 2 Disc Blu-Ray
32.99 4 Disc 3D Blu-Ray

Also, Cars Blu-Ray/DVD combo pre order should already be up at TRU. They are back to the Save $10 on any Blu-Ray $19.99 or more with pre order

Well, looks like we should avoid TRU if the DMR coupon is only $5, and we're working with $27.99 / $32.99 prices before the coupon.

Thanks for the info, prim4444.

OK so we have the TRUprices and the Traget prices are as follows: Tangled 3D (4 Disc) -$24.99
Tangled BD+DVD -$19.99
*Free Tangled Little Golden Book With Any Tangled Purchase
*Free $10 Gift Card With Purchase Of Tangled and Bambi ($29.99), Beauty And The Beast ($29.99), Or Snow White ($29.99)
*Get a $5 Off Coupon For Tangled 4 Disc @ Target.com/Movies

Anyone have word on BB?

I don't have a 3D capable TV, nor do I expect to own one in the foreseeable future. But I guess I'll go ahead and get the 4-disc since it's the same price after coupon. I'd even pay the $5 difference on the off chance I do get a 3D set down the road or someone I know has one. The lantern scene alone kind of justifies the use of 3D in the film.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']OK so we have the TRUprices and the Traget prices are as follows: Tangled 3D (4 Disc) -$24.99
Tangled BD+DVD -$19.99
*Free Tangled Little Golden Book With Any Tangled Purchase
*Free $10 Gift Card With Purchase Of Tangled and Bambi ($29.99), Beauty And The Beast ($29.99), Or Snow White ($29.99)
*Get a $5 Off Coupon For Tangled 4 Disc @ Target.com/Movies

Anyone have word on BB?[/QUOTE]

Are these confirmed prices before coupon or after coupon? I have yet to see the ad, but am wondering if the prices are actually $29.99/$24.99 in store and are advertised taking the coupon into account.

[quote name='thelonepig']Are these confirmed prices before coupon or after coupon? I have yet to see the ad, but am wondering if the prices are actually $29.99/$24.99 in store and are advertised taking the coupon into account.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it's before since it's telling you to go to that link to get the coupon, but i could be wrong....

[quote name='thelonepig']Are these confirmed prices before coupon or after coupon? I have yet to see the ad, but am wondering if the prices are actually $29.99/$24.99 in store and are advertised taking the coupon into account.[/QUOTE]They're not confirmed until someone has ad in-hand and we know the full situation with the coupons.

Target Ad
Target_Ad_032711-040211-1_2.jpg

Target_Ad_032711-040211-2_2.jpg

Best Buy Ad
8b6b8373e1cb8bdf69fb8027ef2f0dd8.jpg

More then likely if the Target coupon is anything like the BB one then all it will do it redirect you to the DMR website and the print out will have a Target logo on the bottom.

The last few BB ones offered have just been that, go to DMR sign up get coupon and it's the BB logo on the bottom of the page.

Since those ads will likely be removed, the confirmed price pre-coupon for Target is $24.99 and $29.99 for BB. Each will have a $5 coupon to print and I'd tend to agree that it will redirect you to DMR. I might have bit if there were two coupons, but $20 is too rich for my blood.

[quote name='Jodou']Since those ads will likely be removed, the confirmed price pre-coupon for Target is $24.99 and $29.99 for BB. Each will have a $5 coupon to print and I'd tend to agree that it will redirect you to DMR. I might have bit if there were two coupons, but $20 is too rich for my blood.[/QUOTE]

Get the non-3D combo pack at Walmart, and present the coupon AFTER the clerk has put the movie in a bag. They don't go in the bag to check which version you bought, and the coupon has worked in the past on non-3D versions for me.

It's a bit shady, but the coupon does scan and work this way. You could try this at any retailer, but I've haven't tried personally, so I wouldn't be able to confirm if they're as care free as Walmart is.

Also, I know it's better than nothing, but why $5 all of the sudden? The coupons have ranged from $10 to $8, but this is the first time that I can remember that one has been for $5. I'm kind of hoping this isn't the new trend for upcoming releases also.

If Target's $24.99 price is pre-coupon and it's a $5 DMR coupon and not a Target coupon, then it'll end up being $19.99 + tax for the 3D combo pack. If there's a DMR coupon and a Target coupon that would both work, it would be $14.99 + tax for the 3D combo pack. If the past coupons you printed from BB were nothing more than BB-branded DMR coupons, then I'd assume the same here.

Assuming Amazon does what they normally do match Target and BB pricing against the weekly ads, they may drop the price down to $24.99, as that's what they're seeing in the ad. In that case, my preorder with the $8 coupon price would drop to $16.99.

[quote name='shrike4242']If Target's $24.99 price is pre-coupon and it's a $5 DMR coupon and not a Target coupon, then it'll end up being $19.99 + tax for the 3D combo pack. If there's a DMR coupon and a Target coupon that would both work, it would be $14.99 + tax for the 3D combo pack. If the past coupons you printed from BB were nothing more than BB-branded DMR coupons, then I'd assume the same here.

Assuming Amazon does what they normally do match Target and BB pricing against the weekly ads, they may drop the price down to $24.99, as that's what they're seeing in the ad. In that case, my preorder with the $8 coupon price would drop to $16.99.[/QUOTE]
Let me know when/if you guys get/see adjustments from Amazon- if not soon, I kinda want to cancel and get the free Little Golden Book for my kid. I'm guessing we wont know until Sun/Mon

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Let me know when/if you guys get/see adjustments from Amazon- if not soon, I kinda want to cancel and get the free Little Golden Book for my kid. I'm guessing we wont know until Sun/Mon[/QUOTE]If Amazon follows practice, it should be Sunday or Monday about the PM, and not earlier.

Since it looks like it's only $24.99 in-store, I'm going to hang onto my Amazon pre-order regardless.

[quote name='Xizer']About Tangled - the 2D-only disc sucks. You're better off watching the 3D disc in 2D mode if you don't have a 3DTV.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/b1d38a124720824
http://www.imagebam.com/image/9ac5c1124720863

Notice the much more detailed backgrounds on the 3D version... 2D is too blurry.

So those of you considering getting the non-3D package... you may want to reconsider.[/QUOTE]

Whoa... :hot: That's crazy. The quality loss in the 2D is easily apparent. Where'd you pick up on this?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holy shit that's bad! Why!?!?!?! Can the PS3 play a 3D disc in 2D mode?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering as well. I'm also wondering why there is a difference at all. It makes no sense.

I downloaded free 3D videos off of the PSN store and they played fine on my 2D TV. I imagine Blu-Rays are the same. I can try with my copy of Christmas Carol when I go home tonight.

I'd hazard a guess that depth of field is the reason for blurred backdrops in 2D vs 3D. With 3D, you'd lose some of that since you're removing that aspect.

[quote name='Jodou']I'd hazard a guess that depth of field is the reason for blurred backdrops in 2D vs 3D. With 3D, you'd lose some of that since you're removing that aspect.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. It's all going to come down to personal preference, of course, but look at how much more flat the background looks in the shot from the 3D blu-ray. You gain detail, but in the process, you lose depth.

Now I'm wondering if that's going to be the case with other (at least animated movies that were done in 3D originally) 3D blu-rays converted to 2D vs. regular 2D blu-rays. This is the first time I've seen a comparison like that.

I was really hoping that the coupon would be 10 or at least 8 bucks. I can live with $5 off though since I have the $5 off from the Target mailer. Looks like I'll have to accept $14.99 for the movie.

[quote name='arcane93']Bingo. It's all going to come down to personal preference, of course, but look at how much more flat the background looks in the shot from the 3D blu-ray. You gain detail, but in the process, you lose depth.

Now I'm wondering if that's going to be the case with other (at least animated movies that were done in 3D originally) 3D blu-rays converted to 2D vs. regular 2D blu-rays. This is the first time I've seen a comparison like that.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but I think they overdid it. I like the extra detail on the 3D version a lot more.

I haven't seen any other 3D animated films with such a big difference between renderings.

[quote name='Xizer']This is true, but I think they overdid it. I like the extra detail on the 3D version a lot more.

I haven't seen any other 3D animated films with such a big difference between renderings.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing similar effects for Monster House (I'll see whether I can find a reference again).
Like the poster above, I think this is a matter of personal preference. I prefer the 2D version when watching 2D over the 3D version in 2D.

[quote name='Jodou']I'd hazard a guess that depth of field is the reason for blurred backdrops in 2D vs 3D. With 3D, you'd lose some of that since you're removing that aspect.[/QUOTE]

You have an excellent point. Here I was focusing on the loss of background detail when I didn't realize that the depth perception will change if that detail is on the background.

[quote name='Xizer']This is true, but I think they overdid it. I like the extra detail on the 3D version a lot more.

I haven't seen any other 3D animated films with such a big difference between renderings.[/QUOTE]

Actually, looking at those shots, it looks to me like they matched the depth of field that you would get with a camera pretty closely. With the characters in sharp focus in the foreground, detail as far back in the background as that hill is going to appear blurry. If the effect they were going for was to make it look more like film and less like a cartoon, they were probably successful.

The reason that they show all of the detail on the 3D version is that in 3D, your eyes take care of it for you (your eyes themselves have a limited depth of field depending on the aperture and focal length). If you were to view the image in 3D, you would not continuously see all of the detail (of course, as you shift your focus, the detail that you do see will shift with it, making it seem as if you do -- one of the advantages of 3D is that you can shift your focus, while in 2D, the producers have to decide the focus for you).

I think that you're going to find that you miss the depth of field a whole lot more when the image is in motion than you do looking at a still image. When the image is still, you have time to process it and say "wow, look at all of that detail". When it's in motion, it's going to all appear to blend together. Turning the 3D off but keeping the detail will "flatten" the picture.

Again, it will ultimately come down to individual taste, but I suspect that the 2D version will look more "realistic" than the 3D version converted down to 2D, not just despite, but rather because of, the lack of detail. If you haven't seen similar differences with other 3D blu-ray releases, it more likely means that they just didn't put the effort into it than it does that Disney did anything "wrong" here.

The article on depth of field over at Wikipedia is actually pretty good if you want more detail on the subject. In particular, look at the example shots of the flowers in the "Limited DOF: selective focus" section.

[quote name='basketb']Here's a frame from Monster House:
3D: http://www.imagebam.com/image/347ac8104969831
2D: http://www.imagebam.com/image/1b78d0104969726[/QUOTE]

I'm a little skeptical of the legitimacy of that comparison simply because even the character in the foreground looks more blurry in the 2D version (there's really nothing in good focus in that image), and there's no good reason why they'd do that. I have the feeling something else was done (intentionally or unintentionally) to the 2D screen capture on that one.

Now that the Target ad is officially out (at least here in DC, the Washington Post includes the "Sunday" ads with the Saturday paper for subscribers), I'd say that anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon should bombard them with "lower price" reports. I put one in, selecting "store" as the location where I saw a lower price, and typing "this week's Target ad" in for the city. :lol: It certainly can't hurt to draw their attention to it as soon as possible.

Is the Tangled coupon in the target ad for the DVD, Blu-Ray, or both?

I think I'll get this for my sister's birthday if I can find a coupon for the DVD (other than the haircut and rice coupon that require you to buy something to get it.)

[quote name='ROB64']Is the Tangled coupon in the target ad for the DVD, Blu-Ray, or both?

I think I'll get this for my sister's birthday if I can find a coupon for the DVD (other than the haircut and rice coupon that require you to buy something to get it.)[/QUOTE]

the target ad i have seen today states the coupon is only for the 4-disc set. sucks for us that haven't jumped on the whole 3D wagon.

Well everyone that hoped Target would get a Target branded coupon for Tangled to go along with the DMR one, sorry to disappoint but it just links you to the DMR site. :(

Target.com/movies

Hrm, I'm torn about how much longer I want to wait for Amazon to price match Target. If they do, then I'll come out ahead on Amazon (as with the earlier $8 coupon on my pre-order there, the price would drop to $16.99). If they don't, though, then Target would be slightly better (as the print coupon would take their price to $19.99). It would be nice if there were some way to tell when Amazon is going to ship -- I'm afraid that if I wait too long, I'll just be stuck with it.

[quote name='arcane93']Hrm, I'm torn about how much longer I want to wait for Amazon to price match Target. If they do, then I'll come out ahead on Amazon (as with the earlier $8 coupon on my pre-order there, the price would drop to $16.99). If they don't, though, then Target would be slightly better (as the print coupon would take their price to $19.99). It would be nice if there were some way to tell when Amazon is going to ship -- I'm afraid that if I wait too long, I'll just be stuck with it.[/QUOTE]If you refuse the package for delivery, it'll go back to Amazon and considered to be automatically returned when they get it back.

I'm waiting mine out regardless, since even if the $24.99 price has the $5 DMR coupon taken off from it, after 7% sales tax, it'll be close enough to $21.99 that it'll be worth just keeping my Amazon order to save trying to pick it up at Target B&M.

Looks like Amazon just lowered their price to $24.99 for the 4-disc version to match Target, so now anyone that pre-ordered with the $8 coupon should be getting it for $16.99.

They haven't adjusted the price on my order yet, though, so I'm taking a screen capture of the product page just to be safe, in case I have to argue it with them later. (I know that adjustments often don't happen instantly, so it's probably not a big deal, but better to be safe than sorry.)

Does anyone know for sure if there will be some kind of DMR coupon for "Tron"? I'm holding off on preordering just in case.

Is this the first time a Disney animated release was cheaper from Amazon than in-store via coupon, or 'with purchase of x' promotions?

I didn't put an order in at Amazon when the $8 discount was offered, and my sister informed me my niece started to ask 'when does uncle gets it'?

Crap.

[quote name='manthing']Is this the first time a Disney animated release was cheaper from Amazon than in-store via coupon, or 'with purchase of x' promotions?[/QUOTE]

Bambi came out cheaper too -- with the $10 coupon that Amazon offered on it (again, well in advance of release -- if you waited, you missed it), it ended up being $12.99. I believe that in Target with the DMR coupon it was $14.99 (or $16.99? something like that). Other than that, I think they've been cheaper in the stores. Still, with two in a row coming out like that, I think it's worthwhile to watch for these Amazon early bird coupons from now on.

#-o

How the hell did I forget the $13 Bambi, when it JUST came out a few weeks back?

:oops:

Well anyway, I've got a Tron 5 disc set preordered with the coupon.

I'll just have to remember to hedge with an amazon pre-order in the future when they offer coupons.

[quote name='manthing']I'll just have to remember to hedge with an amazon pre-order in the future when they offer coupons.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I think that's the best bet. Though there can be some last-minute stress involved with those when waiting for Amazon to price match at release time. ;)

Tron was too much for my taste even with the coupon (and probably with any additional match they might do either). I'm just going to wait and hope that I get the chance to snag it later at a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back