Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

so sad

(X) is both open, pick up, and reload...I accidently misclicked and I Reloaded instead. My heart sank when I saw all the anarchy stacks run down from 121x to none.

incredible the different in dmg those stacks give. I am starting to see the synergies between the skill trees and how to work it w/anarchy though.

[quote name='HydroX']Well I just got The Bee from Hunter Hellquist on my first attempt. Getting very lucky with the orange drops so far (only 3, but 3 of the best items in the game IMHO).[/QUOTE]

Can I kill him multiple times? Or are you supposed to kill him, see if he drops it, then dashboard if he doesn't?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Can I kill him multiple times? Or are you supposed to kill him, see if he drops it, then dashboard if he doesn't?[/QUOTE]

I went and killed him and turned in the mission and I can go back and kill him. I've done it maybe 5-6 times so far and nada - well I think he dropped a green grenade mod once - most of the time it was nothing. I usually just do it once when I turn on the game but you can quit and start again and he'll be there. Now as for getting him to drop a bee for you - I don't know! I'm considering doing a serious farming session on him though because I want to see what this bee buzz is all about.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Can I kill him multiple times? Or are you supposed to kill him, see if he drops it, then dashboard if he doesn't?[/QUOTE]

Turn in the quest in Sanctuary, exit the current game (not all the way to dashboard), continue game, and he'll respawn. Exit and continue as needed.

Edit: it took us maybe 5 hours to get the first one, and a second dropped 2 spawns later. It's roughly a 3% chance. I wouldn't bother unless you were 50.

[quote name='elessar123']Turn in the quest in Sanctuary, exit the current game (not all the way to dashboard), continue game, and he'll respawn. Exit and continue as needed.[/QUOTE]
Very quick and easy since his spawn point is right next to the fast travel where you begin. I farmed him for an hour or two and didn't get anything from him, but someone ended up duping me a Bee later on.

well I got lucky - just fired up the xbox and did three runs on Hunter Hellquist and got the bee on the third. Sure maybe it's a waste as I'm lvl 32 and it dropped a lvl 27 shield but I got it and I can play around with it and see what the big deal is.

[quote name='bordjon']well I got lucky - just fired up the xbox and did three runs on Hunter Hellquist and got the bee on the third. Sure maybe it's a waste as I'm lvl 32 and it dropped a lvl 27 shield but I got it and I can play around with it and see what the big deal is.[/QUOTE]

It's good for farming Playthrough 1 bosses.

I also have a level 28 one but need to farm the level 50 one.

Yeah makes farming the warrior easy but I ran him like 30 times and he dropped shit so I figure I'll move on and try to farm a lvl 50 one day (gotta hit 50 first)

[quote name='Trakan']This is somewhat fixed. There are about 5 areas to go to in the DLC. They all have fast travel options, but a lot of the missions have quests that are at the end of an area, and you have to run all the way back to get back to the exit/fast travel station. It was faster for me to just save and quit so I'd reload back at the beginning.

My opinion of the DLC: Don't buy it unless you love BL2 in general. Spoilers incoming.

It's pretty short, I think I beat it in about 5 hours on Playthrough 2.5. I definitely don't think it's the size of General Knoxx. It feels like a lot of the charm of the main game is lost on this DLC. Maybe because it was done by Gearbox and another developer, Triptych. I'm not sure if there are new orange weapons, but the best things you get from the Main/Side quests are blue items. (They do have red text, but I doubt they'll live up to the legendary weapons.) The two new "invincible" raid bosses are ridiculously hard, so if you like that you may enjoy the DLC. I've only fought Hyperius, but he has like ten times the amount of health Terramorphous does and also has like six robots guarding him who have about as much health as Terramorphous. I've heard they drop 6-8 Pink Seraph Crystals and can only be fought once a day, and that the weapons from the vendor cost 120 crystals each. That's not my idea of fun. I've read that the Pink Seraph Weapons you can buy from the vendor are just different versions of the Orange Weapons and a lot of them have terrible accuracy.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've spent at least that much time on it and I don't think I'm anywhere near done. So yeah, if you power through things it might be 5-6 hours. But if you take your time I think it can be quite a bit longer. I'm nowhere near done with a first playthrough of the main game either - doesn't help that I keep restarting with new characters... I don't see how you guys can do 2 or more playthroughs. I think I'll be pretty sick of the game once I finish it once (doing all the sidequests and vault symbol collection, etc).

FWIW, I got my third ever orange item from just a normal marauder type when doing one of the side missions in the DLC. Of course I had the firehawk shield that everyone gets from that main game side mission. And me and my son got an orange sniper rifle in the Minecraft area. But then I got an orange grenade mod last night that has got "fastball" in the name. Once I used it I figured out why. It has huge damage - like 3500, but no elemental ability and a 0.0 fuse. So you have to throw it directly at something. It works great for bosses though (made Grendel, a side-mission boss in the DLC, super easy).

As for the blue weapons you get from the missions - I am finding them to be incredible. They are much better than anything I'd gotten so far in the game.

And I assume this whole area scales to your level. I went in at 24 and every enemy so far has been between 23-25.

App looks pretty nice. I'll definitely pick it up as I've got a good bit of itunes credit. Thanks for bringing that to our attention! I'd been wondering if they were going to do an app of some sort but never looked it up.

Did that one boss for that one mission for that one guy to fix that one object for that one lady with one eye patch remind anyone of a metal gear?

Well, I just read on Neogaf that more DLC was found in today's PS3 patch.

Checked the trophies after the new patch that got released for PS3 earlier, a new DLC has been added to the trophy section.

Its called: Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.

It has three trophies:

1 Bronze - Explosive - Complete the mission "Long Way To The Top".
1 Silver - Motorhead - Completed all Campaign of Carnage side missions.
1 Gold - Obsessed - Collected 10 pictures of Moxxi in Campaign of Carnage.
Sounds kind of like Moxxi's Underdome.

[quote name='seanr1221']Should you be a certain level before taking on the DLC or does it scale?[/QUOTE]

Our 36 characters in playthrough one went in, and they're only level 30 mobs. No idea on VH mode.

[quote name='seanr1221']Should you be a certain level before taking on the DLC or does it scale?[/QUOTE]
Most of the characters were one level up I played on VH mode and its pretty tough even with OP deathtrap

About 4 posts before yours I said that it does appear that it scales ;).

I went in at 24 and the mobs were all 23-25 for the most part. Though from Elessar's post, it seems maybe it is capped at 30? Dunno - someone at 45-50 would have to chime in.

If anyone wants to play through the DLC together let me know. Most of my friends play at different times so I'm stuck going solo. Plus I need to finish up the revive a friend challenge. :D

[quote name='HydroX']If anyone wants to play through the DLC together let me know. Most of my friends play at different times so I'm stuck going solo. Plus I need to finish up the revive a friend challenge. :D[/QUOTE]

I tried to join you yesterday but it wouldn't allow me to join.

[quote name='io']About 4 posts before yours I said that it does appear that it scales ;).

I went in at 24 and the mobs were all 23-25 for the most part. Though from Elessar's post, it seems maybe it is capped at 30? Dunno - someone at 45-50 would have to chime in.[/QUOTE]

All 5 charactors of mine are 50, and all I'm seeing in the dlc so far is 51 or 52. It's hard to do any missions since I keep getting my ass handed to me since I don't have much great gear

All my Badass Points got reset today, also my 7 golden keys I was saving, and my skin mods (my head mods for sure). This really pissed me off. Skins and Badass points I wouldn't mind, but my Golden Keys missing WTF!

[quote name='clonesniper666']Would anyone mind helping me complete the Terramorphous quest on Playthrough 1?

I am free all day today and tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm up to help if all loot is shared evenly. We do the dupe trick for any badass gear. I'll be on in about 2 hours. I work graveyard so I only play in mornings. Psn name same as cag

Edit: Sorry just realized this is a 360 forum post. Only have BL2 on ps3

[quote name='razrvamp']I'm up to help if all loot is shared evenly. We do the dupe trick for any badass gear. I'll be on in about 2 hours. I work graveyard so I only play in mornings. Psn name same as cag

Edit: Sorry just realized this is a 360 forum post. Only have BL2 on ps3[/QUOTE]

Its all good. Honestly I really do not even want the loot it is just the last quest I have for Playthrough 1 and it is annoying me that I have not completed it yet.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Its all good. Honestly I really do not even want the loot it is just the last quest I have for Playthrough 1 and it is annoying me that I have not completed it yet.[/QUOTE]

I would help but not sure how much a level 42 commando will be able to do but that is my last quest to finish on main game.

started the dlc w/lvl 43 gaige. finished main story, leaving just about all side missions. took me a few good hours and i made it to level 46. dlc emenies we all 44-47 for me. good and tough until more people joined in. gonna knock out some of the side missions tonight.

also, i played the last mission more than once. does anyone know if it is always repeateable? or was this a glitch?

[quote name='DurbanBrown']also, i played the last mission more than once. does anyone know if it is always repeateable? or was this a glitch?[/QUOTE]
Like in General Knoxx, they let you do the last story mission again (as a sidequest) for another shot at the loot vault.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Would anyone mind helping me complete the Terramorphous quest on Playthrough 1?[/QUOTE]
Shoot me a message if you see me on tonight and you still need it. I'll probably be on after 9:00 pm or so (Central).

[quote name='clonesniper666']Would anyone mind helping me complete the Terramorphous quest on Playthrough 1?

I am free all day today and tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Send me a FR, I'll help ya out. I have a lvl 50 assassin. Grandma is taking the boy today so ill be on most of the day.

So off-topic a bit but for those who have not seen this yet...enjoy.

picture.php

You can kinda cheat the chests and keep re-loading till you find something but as soon as you save and quit the room is locked forever. Was able to find an amazing mod for my mechromancer it was pretty much +4 to everything you would need it on to have a tank DT.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I tried to join you yesterday but it wouldn't allow me to join.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I'm set to friends only, and other friends don't have issues. Let me know if you try again and it gives you issues (or just shoot me a game invite or something).

[quote name='HydroX']Weird. I'm set to friends only, and other friends don't have issues. Let me know if you try again and it gives you issues (or just shoot me a game invite or something).[/QUOTE]

Make sure you both have the compatibility patch installed.

[quote name='io']Wow, I've spent at least that much time on it and I don't think I'm anywhere near done. So yeah, if you power through things it might be 5-6 hours. But if you take your time I think it can be quite a bit longer. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been taking my time and I've definitely put more than 5 hours in it so far. But that counts searching for the message bottles and the treasures they lead you to, going back to sanctuary to get rid of money in the slot machines etc.

Think I've done the first 3 story missions in the DLC as I try to knock out accepted sidequests before moving on to story missions (did the same thing in the main game).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That is sweet. Who's up for taking down Hyperious and Gee this weekend? I can bring the Siren.[/QUOTE]

Also, found out last night that it's possible to make up to two people "invincible." just repeat the same process with the other two players that aren't invincible. i did this last night to kill Hyperious solo, my two friends died and were waiting outside the arena. it took about 15-20 minutes.

cool invincibility deal. Im gonna try that. anyone on xbox that wants to play Im always down. weekends im free, weekdays not till evening.

GT: Richter1980

[quote name='DurbanBrown']cool invincibility deal. Im gonna try that. anyone on xbox that wants to play Im always down. weekends im free, weekdays not till evening.

GT: Richter1980[/QUOTE]

yeah feel free to add me guys. i'll help you out with whatever you need done and i can give you some good loot too. got a level 50 mechro and commando.

GT - jonazdc

edit: just drop a note that you're from CAG.

[quote name='DCpinoy']yeah feel free to add me guys. i'll help you out with whatever you need done and i can give you some good loot too. got a level 50 mechro and commando.
[/QUOTE]
I'm down. I only have the Pirate's Booty boss quests active on my level 21 Normal Mode mechromancer though. I still need to play through the main quest with my level 50 Siren.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Perfect I can pair that up with my level 37 siren.[/QUOTE]
Will it even be possible to beat the bosses without at least one level 50 character doing the fighting though? Even if they're invincible it seems like it might take hours to do enough damage. :lol:

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I've been taking my time and I've definitely put more than 5 hours in it so far. But that counts searching for the message bottles and the treasures they lead you to, going back to sanctuary to get rid of money in the slot machines etc.

Think I've done the first 3 story missions in the DLC as I try to knock out accepted sidequests before moving on to story missions (did the same thing in the main game).[/QUOTE]

I've been piling up my money to get the badass rank (have over 200,000). But I have a feeling I might have to do a huge slot run before the final boss if it is as hard as people say. So far I've only died once and it cost me a whopping 15k. But it was a stupid death - I ran through a fire that I caused by blowing up a barrel, my Deathtrap was on cooldown, and I was behind some stuff and couldn't kill a loader to revive.

Speaking of those message bottles, where the hell is the treasure for the one by Herbert? I looked all over the search area for that one and I just can't find it. This is the one in the scrap/junk piles with the spiders around. I also couldn't find all the Scarlett dolls.

New Golden Key Code!

360: 5BWBT-RX5WF-BRFJF-KFTJT-CRBXF

According to Pitchford "These codes have thousands of redemptions - one redemption per user. They will expire... Let's have a platform race!" so no clue on when the code expires/how many can redeem it. Lucky I had just gotten home from the Microsoft store when my phone went off about the tweets lol.

I just redeemed it seriously one minute ago, you should be fine.

I now have two keys for my newly lvl 50 assassin. I'm expecting grenades in one and class mods in the second...

bread's done
Back