Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

Now I see why the bee is getting nerfed was able to farm one and I'm able to kill badass constructor's with 5 shots with a 1000 dmg sniper.

[quote name='GUNNM']Now I see why the bee is getting nerfed was able to farm one and I'm able to kill badass constructor's with 5 shots with a 1000 dmg sniper.[/QUOTE]

No, you need to use it with a shotgun to see why it's overpowered.

[quote name='GUNNM']Check toys r us.com they come and go in availability but $20 for a figure with a shitty stand isn't worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

$17 each for me. It seems to be going for nearly double that on ebay.

I'm keeping mine though and gifting the other to a bud...as for the stand? who needs the stand...fishing line and hangin this puppy from my desk lamp. ZING!

[quote name='100xp']I'm loving Gaige so far, the Anarchy stacks are great and DT is just beast. Definitely enjoying her more than my Zero PT./[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - I went with the other 2 groups over the Anarchy one. What does that do for you? It didn't seem all that great upon first glance.

I guess I'm buying the season pass tonight in case it gets pulled once the first DLC comes out.

Kind of disappointed in no golden keys being given out this weekend. What's up with that?

[quote name='io']Hmmm - I went with the other 2 groups over the Anarchy one. What does that do for you? It didn't seem all that great upon first glance.

I guess I'm buying the season pass tonight in case it gets pulled once the first DLC comes out.

Kind of disappointed in no golden keys being given out this weekend. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

the Stacks gives you a +1.??% damage bonus and -1.??% accuracy bonus, if you reload prematurely. (cough) you lose all your stacks, but if you just empty your clip the stacks continue up to 150...and more so if you invest in other skills. I think I got to up 88 stacks before I had to stop playing. Flynt went down like a $20 hooker, 1st try too. I hadn't done any other side quests either.

Once you get a decent amount of stacks, at close to medium range you are melting everything even before you auto reload. So far, early PT1 is going smoothly mainly due to the stacks. I'm using a AR that shoots mini rockets w/explosion and now flynt's pistol. So far, it's been smooth sailing.

I'll likely change it once I get to the next tier of skills...but who knows. Anarchy is definitely for longer games where you can build up stacks and then go to town.

I couldn't manage the anarchy stack playstyle. I compulsively reload. Shoot two bullets, reload, shoot two bullets, reload. I'm happy that Gaige has an elemental damage tree, I felt like the Siren's Cataclysm tree was wasted since why in the world would you not pour all your points into beefing up Phaselock. I am liking Gaige though, I had some fun with the Commando's turret and Deathtrap seems like an even more fun version of that.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I couldn't manage the anarchy stack playstyle. I compulsively reload. Shoot two bullets, reload, shoot two bullets, reload. I'm happy that Gaige has an elemental damage tree, I felt like the Siren's Cataclysm tree was wasted since why in the world would you not pour all your points into beefing up Phaselock. I am liking Gaige though, I had some fun with the Commando's turret and Deathtrap seems like an even more fun version of that.[/QUOTE]
Deathtrap is a turrent on steroids. He can fire lasers, clap his hands to let out an energy blast, shock people, you can give him a copy of your shield you can beef up his health and melee attacks. He flies in the air and chases enemies and can fire through objects he even gets +5 seconds added to his time for every enemy kill.

While I'm happy about the DLC coming early, I still have a lot of optional missions in PT1 that I need to get finished. I bought the DLC Season Pass last night in anticipation, however.

[quote name='advanced']While I'm happy about the DLC coming early, I still have a lot of optional missions in PT1 that I need to get finished. I bought the DLC Season Pass last night in anticipation, however.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I did the same but since I restarted with Gaige I'm only back up to level 24 (which is about where I had gotten with my first character) and haven't even done the Wildlife Preserve part yet. Last night I was doing the 20 side missions you get once Sanctuary
goes airborne

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I couldn't manage the anarchy stack playstyle. I compulsively reload. Shoot two bullets, reload, shoot two bullets, reload. I'm happy that Gaige has an elemental damage tree, I felt like the Siren's Cataclysm tree was wasted since why in the world would you not pour all your points into beefing up Phaselock. I am liking Gaige though, I had some fun with the Commando's turret and Deathtrap seems like an even more fun version of that.[/QUOTE]
same. i would like to try that third skill tree but i constantly reload.. even when i am running from point a to point b i cycle thru my weapons to make sure ive got full clips on everything

Is there still a risk of me losing progress by downloading the update? I've been holding off on playing since I heard that.

[quote name='matto1233']Is there still a risk of me losing progress by downloading the update? I've been holding off on playing since I heard that.[/QUOTE]
How are you going to download the DLC without updating?

Jumped back into the game this weekend after a few weeks of a Mists of Pandaria-induced hiatus from the game:

Went to go meet Angel, and yeah, that is super cliched that she is both a siren and Jack's daughter, but whatevs. Sucks that Roland died, at least he isn't as lame as brick. Currently in the Eridium Blight, and is is one of the best-looking zones in the game.

[quote name='matto1233']Is there still a risk of me losing progress by downloading the update? I've been holding off on playing since I heard that.[/QUOTE]
nothing happened to me or anybody i know/play with when i downloaded the patch & gaige
i did back everything up before i downloaded just in case

[quote name='koalak']can't wait for the new DLC coming out tomorow![/QUOTE]

^This x10.

Also... you Anarchy lovers know you can manually cancel the reload animation by meleeing right?

[quote name='kingtut313']same. i would like to try that third skill tree but i constantly reload.. even when i am running from point a to point b i cycle thru my weapons to make sure ive got full clips on everything[/QUOTE]

It's like unlearning the skill you've picked up with every shooter, you always reload so you have the maximum amount of bullets! lol

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']^This x10.

Also... you Anarchy lovers know you can manually cancel the reload animation by meleeing right?[/QUOTE]

That cancels the reload for me too though? At least, it did on Zero.

Yep. The regular melee will cancel the reload animation for every character. Pretty useful for the slower Tediore reload throws attached to shotguns and assault rifles.

I am having a lot of fun with Gaige. Definitely my second favorite character after Maya. They weren't kidding about "fixing" Mamaril's spawn rate, I've played to level 17 so far and not seen him a single time in this playthrough.

I have the day off work tomorrow so depending on when the DLC is available I may be able to play it during the day. :D

Downloading the new DLC right now... It is 1.2 GB by the way!

It wasn't there when I started playing at 2am Pacific even though the game told me there was new content. It was there at 4am when I was done playing though.

I cant even find the DLC. I've checked both Xbox.com and straight from my Xbox. I did see a ad for it but when I click on that, it shows up for a price if -1 msp. Hope this is sorted out quickly.

Edit-ok I was able to access it through the in game dlc menu.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I cant even find the DLC. I've checked both Xbox.com and straight from my Xbox. I did see a ad for it but when I click on that, it shows up for a price if -1 msp. Hope this is sorted out quickly.[/QUOTE]
What about from the in-game DLC menu?

Well I just got The Bee from Hunter Hellquist on my first attempt. Getting very lucky with the orange drops so far (only 3, but 3 of the best items in the game IMHO).

DLC gives you a place named "Oasis" to warp to. I went there last night and fought some pirates and did a few side missions. The hovercraft (new vehicle) is pretty damn slick, though. It controls much better than the other vehicles.

If they have multiple places to go in the DLC I hope they fixed one of my few complaints from the first game. That you couldn't warp anywhere except the main area.

[quote name='Renegade Moose']If they have multiple places to go in the DLC I hope they fixed one of my few complaints from the first game. That you couldn't warp anywhere except the main area.[/QUOTE]

This is somewhat fixed. There are about 5 areas to go to in the DLC. They all have fast travel options, but a lot of the missions have quests that are at the end of an area, and you have to run all the way back to get back to the exit/fast travel station. It was faster for me to just save and quit so I'd reload back at the beginning.

My opinion of the DLC: Don't buy it unless you love BL2 in general. Spoilers incoming.

It's pretty short, I think I beat it in about 5 hours on Playthrough 2.5. I definitely don't think it's the size of General Knoxx. It feels like a lot of the charm of the main game is lost on this DLC. Maybe because it was done by Gearbox and another developer, Triptych. I'm not sure if there are new orange weapons, but the best things you get from the Main/Side quests are blue items. (They do have red text, but I doubt they'll live up to the legendary weapons.) The two new "invincible" raid bosses are ridiculously hard, so if you like that you may enjoy the DLC. I've only fought Hyperius, but he has like ten times the amount of health Terramorphous does and also has like six robots guarding him who have about as much health as Terramorphous. I've heard they drop 6-8 Pink Seraph Crystals and can only be fought once a day, and that the weapons from the vendor cost 120 crystals each. That's not my idea of fun. I've read that the Pink Seraph Weapons you can buy from the vendor are just different versions of the Orange Weapons and a lot of them have terrible accuracy.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Is that your time after completing all side quests also?[/QUOTE]

Except for beating the two new invincible bosses, yes.

I'm liking the Pirate's DLC a lot. Did the first 2 story missions and several side quests. Some good humor in Oasis.

I think the season pass is well worth it if all 4 expansions are similar to this in scope. If they're in the 5-6 hour range as this one apparently is, that's 20 some hours of content which is pretty solid. Especially in a game a lot of people will play through multiple times with different characters.

No problems, bugs or glitches with the latest content? I was reading on the Gearbox forums that season pass owners were having problems with it still costing Microsoft Points.

Worked fine for me, other than having to download it a second time. Wasn't showing up when I got home from work (had set it to download in background in morning). That was just a download issue though as it showed as incomplete on the HD when I checked in the storage section of system settings (despite being listed at 1.3 GBs).

Only other mild annoyance was they should have made a quest pop up after it installed so you knew to go to Oasis. I don't pay that much attention to area names, so I didn't notice it in the travel list and had to hop online and look up how to start the DLC.

But no gameplay glitches I've encountered yet in the 2 or 3 hours I've played so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']This is somewhat fixed. There are about 5 areas to go to in the DLC. They all have fast travel options, but a lot of the missions have quests that are at the end of an area, and you have to run all the way back to get back to the exit/fast travel station. It was faster for me to just save and quit so I'd reload back at the beginning.

My opinion of the DLC: Don't buy it unless you love BL2 in general. Spoilers incoming.

It's pretty short, I think I beat it in about 5 hours on Playthrough 2.5. I definitely don't think it's the size of General Knoxx. It feels like a lot of the charm of the main game is lost on this DLC. Maybe because it was done by Gearbox and another developer, Triptych. I'm not sure if there are new orange weapons, but the best things you get from the Main/Side quests are blue items. (They do have red text, but I doubt they'll live up to the legendary weapons.) The two new "invincible" raid bosses are ridiculously hard, so if you like that you may enjoy the DLC. I've only fought Hyperius, but he has like ten times the amount of health Terramorphous does and also has like six robots guarding him who have about as much health as Terramorphous. I've heard they drop 6-8 Pink Seraph Crystals and can only be fought once a day, and that the weapons from the vendor cost 120 crystals each. That's not my idea of fun. I've read that the Pink Seraph Weapons you can buy from the vendor are just different versions of the Orange Weapons and a lot of them have terrible accuracy.
[/QUOTE]

I finished up the main quest last night. Took about 6 hours, but I have some sidequests left over and of course the raid bosses. I played on my Normal Mode mechromancer, went in at level 17 and came out at 21. Found one orange gun and a ton of very nice purples and blues. All in all I liked this DLC a lot. I thought it had a lot of personality, the locations and new vehicles were cool and overall it was just a fun experience.

Honestly the best description I can give is "It's even more Borderlands." After both games and all of the DLC for B1 I think we all know the score here, for better or for worse a Borderlands DLC is not going to do something radically different, it's going to deliver more guns, more quests, and more funny dialogue. That is what you get here. I didn't experience any bugs or glitches FWIW.

Glad to hear all the positive reviews on the dlc here. Sounds like I'll enjoy it a lot. I bought the season pass when the game came out but I haven't downloaded the dlc yet. Waiting to play it with my nephew. I've now beaten playthrough 1 with two of my characters and completed a majority of the side quests though and I'm enjoying bl2 as much as I did bl1 for sure!

bread's done
Back