Borderlands Discussion Thread - Game of the Year Edition Available Now!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']While a good idea, I've already gotten a little carried away with the OP and adding everybody's name to it would make it HUGE and would probably take a minute to scroll through. Making a new topic seems pointless though...perhaps I should trim the OP down a bit? Or make the list somewhere else? Suggestions?

Oh, I plan on getting this for PC unless is has some horrid DRM or is a shitty port (early reports say it's not).[/QUOTE]
Spoiler tags are your friend! ;)

Also: PC wins for controls, graphics, and mods.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Spoiler tags are your friend! ;)[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, you're right. It was so obvious! Gonna start doing that now...

EDIT: Ok, done and done. MUCH nicer looking now. Cleaned it up, added all those gameplay videos we've collected in the thread in the video section, and now have lists to add names to for those who wish to share which version they plan on getting (in hopes for some friendly co-op awesomeness).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='basilofbkrst']Lol thanks to everyone who built up the amazing OP and its slick style.[/QUOTE]

lol, the community begins >_>

Glad everybody likes the new OP. I'm quite proud of it myself. And thanks to those who contributed videos and links.

Also found this:
Facebook: Official Borderlands Page
The newest post reads:
"Contest time! Win Borderlands prizes by spreading the word! All you have to do is help us find more Borderlands fans and comment on this story! Read the whole note for details!

On Monday afternoon, I'll be giving out prizes according to how man...y fans we have on this page, so spread the word to your gamer friends who use facebook to become fans, and don't forget to leave a comment here! We have 445 fans as of this posting, so here are the prizes:

500 Fans: 5 people will receive a Borderlands shirt and poster!
650 Fans: 15 people will receive a Borderlands shirt and poster!
800 Fans: 20 people will win a shirt and poster, 5 will win a special shirt (PAX design)
1000 Fans: 20 people will win a shirt and poster, 10 will win a special shirt (PAX design), and 5 will win a SIGNED poster!

If we have more than 1500, we'll give away something even bigger!

If we have more than 5000, who knows what we'll do!

At the rate we're going, we might have to think something up for 10,000+!

Don't forget that you have to leave a comment here to be eligible to win! I will post the winner's names in a new story on Monday!"

So if you're a facebook person and don't mind becoming a fan of things, you may as well join for a chance at some free swag. I did!

I'm holding off on pre-ordering until I know whether or not it will be released on Steam. I'm hoping there will be some sort of pre-order bonus or discount like there is with some games. If it won't be on Steam, then I'll just pre-order off Amazon or get it at best buy or something (have a $5 reward zone certificate to use).

PC Borderlands has been delayed for just under a week (meaning it'll be released on Oct. 26th now, or the following monday)

Sucks :( But atleast it's now and not a week from release.

Delayed for optimization reasons, so it's all good.

Xbox 360 and PS3 versions remain unchanged, and will still ship on the 20th.

WTB Demo!

I'll be throwing in an Amazon PC preorder sometime soon myself. I noticed they lowered the price by $0.50 ...odd? Still trying to get it in my gold box :(

I ordered the PC version on Amazon about 2 weeks ago. Can't wait for this to come out and give me my Diablo fix for the year.

NOOO! Blast that delay! I was really excited because the 20th was during my week off. I'll be in the middle of 7 overnight shifts when this is released now :( Well...at least it's only a week and it's for a good reason.

SO! getting this game, and hoping Toys'R'Us continues there 20$GC streak as I've still got a $20 leftover from ODST.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Shame I'm so shallow Im still buying the game just to see my name in the credits. (mentioning that here was clearly a shameful grab at attention and I'm sorry.)[/QUOTE]

I'll bite, why for :roll:

This is definitely the kind of game you want to play on a PC. Considering my PC wouldn't stand a chance in hell of playing this, I'm getting the 360 version.

Yeah...I may cancel my amazon preorder to preorder/preload it on steam. Will cost me $9 extra though (I'm assuming it will be $50 on Steam)

[quote name='TLPRIME']Yeah...I may cancel my amazon preorder to preorder/preload it on steam. Will cost me $9 extra though (I'm assuming it will be $50 on Steam)[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for a pre-order deal. A free game or a 10% discount or something. So far Steam's track record in the past month or so with preorders has been pretty good with bigger releases:

Red Faction: Guerrilla - First 2 Red Faction Games
Resident Evil 5 - 10% off
Alpha Protocol - Free Space Siege game
Risen - 10% off

At the same time however, Batman: AA didn't have anything. So we'll see.

They fixed it, it now says Oct. 26th.

Also the 30th would be the release date in other parts of the world, I believe.

I'm looking forward to it on Steam, but I dunno..

ALSO: I noticed the 360 Borderlands is under "Games with Release-Date-Delivery" or something like that, but not the PS3 or PC version! WTF! :( (Amazon)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/s/ref=vg_n...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=490356771&pf_rd_i=468642

Is the 360 version just that much more popular than the others? I want release date delivery :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rhett']They fixed it, it now says Sept. 26th.

[/QUOTE]

Now you just need to fix yours to Oct. 26th. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm so MMO'd-out at the moment, it will be a nice breath of fresh air.

[quote name='Lokki']Now you just need to fix yours to Oct. 26th. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm so MMO'd-out at the moment, it will be a nice breath of fresh air.[/QUOTE]

Alright, wise guy! Fixed :D

Maybe I was just speaking from the heart, you know... This game is gonna rock. =P

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'll bite, why :roll:[/QUOTE]

Your words say you're interested, but your eyes say otherwise. Thus, I will not bore you with the details :whistle2:#

[quote name='TLPRIME']Pre-order is now available on Steam. $44.99[/QUOTE]

Finally! Very excited to see that. Now let's hope they also let us pre-load. Although I doubt that will happen. Not a lot of 3rd party games give you the option to pre-load.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Finally! Very excited to see that. Now let's hope they also let us pre-load. Although I doubt that will happen. Not a lot of 3rd party games give you the option to pre-load.[/QUOTE]

Really!? That's no good... I mean, it'll go fast... EVENTUALLY after 500,000 people stop downloading at the same time. L4D was pretty good about it, I really hope they let us preload.

I imagine it'll be around 6-8GB so that'll be frickin' fantastic to attempt at midnight on the 26th :(

EDIT:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I dunno if these are official (doesn't really read like it, but IT IS the UE3 engine.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8980/ reads:

• Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor
    • Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
    • Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 9 series or higher/Radeon R8xx series)
    • DirectX®:
    • Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
    • Sound: Windows compatible sound card

[quote name='Rhett']Really!? That's no good... I mean, it'll go fast... EVENTUALLY after 500,000 people stop downloading at the same time. L4D was pretty good about it, I really hope they let us preload.

I imagine it'll be around 6-8GB so that'll be frickin' fantastic to attempt at midnight on the 26th :(

EDIT:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I dunno if these are official (doesn't really read like it, but IT IS the UE3 engine.)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8980/ reads:

• Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor
    • Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
    • Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 9 series or higher/Radeon R8xx series)
    • DirectX®:
    • Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space
    • Sound: Windows compatible sound card
[/QUOTE]

Those are not official according to people on the Borderlands boards.

[quote name='Rhett']Really!? That's no good... I mean, it'll go fast... EVENTUALLY after 500,000 people stop downloading at the same time. L4D was pretty good about it, I really hope they let us preload.

I imagine it'll be around 6-8GB so that'll be frickin' fantastic to attempt at midnight on the 26th :([/QUOTE]

The only games I can think of that let you pre-load are Valve games. Every once in a while you can pre-load a 3rd party game, but I can't remember the last time that happened.

Unfortunately, most games aren't released on steam until about 12pm PST (Valve is located in Washington). And then of course you have to download all those GBs. So yeah, I really wouldn't expect to play until maybe the 27th. Unless you have crazy fast internet, then you might be able to play sometime that night.

Despite the low points, I still think having it on Steam is worth it.

For those who don't like Steam's DRM or this downloading slowness that you expect, GamersGate has the same price. They have no client, but they also won't update the game for you.

I'll still be going with Steam.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I could of sworn I had heard something about no trading.[/QUOTE]

Well there isn't a trade interface if that's what you're referring to. Just ghetto style trade. You drop yours and they drop theirs and hope they're honest.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Trade with cags so you wont get shafted .[/QUOTE]

That's not 100% fool proof though, just look at the Bad Traders in the trade forum. However, I do understand what you are saying. It was always risky trading in Diablo in the drop fashion with random people. Thankfully, I'll be playing this mostly with some RL friends, but I won't be opposed to playing with some CAGs as well.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']We should definitely have a ban list of CAGs who skimp out on trades, though I doubt we'll see much of any of that.[/QUOTE]

Still a good idea though. I'll get on top of that as soon as people start reporting gamespy IDs they had trouble with (trade dishonesty, annoying, etc).

Besides, Gearbox said they'll deal with those people once they get a good idea on how they're acting (can't know for sure before release right?). Still, would have been nice if they took precautions anyway.

bread's done
Back