Burnout Paradise - Gen. Discussion & Info

Damn 381 MB took a while but thankfully I could pay while I waited so I'm closer to Elite by 25 wins now. The game's interface has been tweaked, now orange text and a spiffy news page now.
It's a FREE automatic update delivered to all online-enabled Burnout Paradise players and forms the first major part of our reinvention of Burnout Paradise through downloadable packs.

This latest brings [FONT=&quot]3 awesome online game modes, two great cars, a live news page and calendar, 70 all-new timed multi-part challenges, a complete overhaul of our Online Racing System and a stack of other major improvements.[/FONT]
Of course this free update is brought to you by Subway since all the billboards are $5 dollar footlong ads.

Oh good news I could hear everyone with a 8 player game. Finally.

[quote name='lordwow']Do they play that $5 footlong song every time you drive by one? That'd be awesome.[/quote]

Only in your head (and believe me, it will play over and over).

I was about to pick up this game for $30 at Best Buy, but I ended up getting Call of Duty 4 instead. I'd still like to get it eventually, but after the last Burnout I'm almost "burned out" (sorry) on the series. Does the game propel the series forward enough to make it worthwhile?

Well it depends on if you like open ended gameplay or not. Most of the time you know where to go so you don't get lost in the race. The new online modes are a refreshing feature.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Most of the time you know where to go so you don't get lost in the race. [/quote]

I don't agree. You have to learn the whole map or get a better car or you're screwed. It can be extremely frustrating. I was losing 75% of my races due to wrong turns until I got a car that was fast enough to slow down when coming close to turns.

If you're planning on putting a lot of hours into this game the changes can add to the game. If you just want to play it casually they can add a large amount of frustration.

As much as I dislike many aspects of the single player (I am never doing another single player event), I have to admit the online freeburn is a blast if you have a friend to play with. The 70 challenges they added are great. If you can get a friend to pick it up at the same time it's worth the price for freeburn alone.

[quote name='jkanownik']I don't agree. You have to learn the whole map or get a better car or you're screwed. It can be extremely frustrating. I was losing 75% of my races due to wrong turns until I got a car that was fast enough to slow down when coming close to turns.

If you're planning on putting a lot of hours into this game the changes can add to the game. If you just want to play it casually they can add a large amount of frustration.[/quote]
I agree completely. Also what the fuck where they thinking removing crash junctions!!?!?!?!?!?!?

So I saw this is going to 29.99 and I was wondering if you would recommend it. I LOVED Burnout 3 Takedown but thought that Revenge was a little bit of a step back. The open world in Paradise seems pretty sweet. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this.

[quote name='FrankySox']So I saw this is going to 29.99 and I was wondering if you would recommend it. I LOVED Burnout 3 Takedown but thought that Revenge was a little bit of a step back. The open world in Paradise seems pretty sweet. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this.[/QUOTE]
I loved Burnout 3, disliked Revenge, and hated the Paradise demo. But the game is gold. I don't think I like it more than Takedown, but it is very solid.

[quote name='FrankySox']So I saw this is going to 29.99 and I was wondering if you would recommend it. I LOVED Burnout 3 Takedown but thought that Revenge was a little bit of a step back. The open world in Paradise seems pretty sweet. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this.[/quote]

The game is lots of fun, especially when you're online in multiplayer sessions.

cool, I think I'll get it. I really didn't like the demo either but am definitely willing to give the game a chance for 30 bones. Do any cags still play this online I'll probably be on tonight.

I just got the game and im having a couple problems.

1. Whenever i try to play online it keeps saying that i was kicked, and should look at my network settings. I never have this happen in any other games. I dont even know what i could do to fix this.

2. I saved my settings so the invert Y axis is on, but whenever i turn the game off, and back on, it resets to normal even though the menu still says they are on. Does this happen to others?

[quote name='GamerChris']Are you saving after you change your options?[/quote]

Yes, because the camera goes back to normal, but the option still says on. Then i turn it off and its still the same, then turn it back on and then it finally is reverse.

[quote name='pete5883']Post the bug in detail on the Criterion Games forum. They just might fix it in the next patch.[/quote]

Meh, its not that big of a deal for me to register to their forums.

Looks like details are trickling out for a September release on September 18 for the bike pack. However, that is a Thursday.
Is anybody else concerned that it might only be for the PS3 for the first few weeks (as usual)?

I bought this game but haven't played it yet. Would it be a good idea to download the Cagney update before I start playing, or to play through it (or part of it) without the update first?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I bought this game but haven't played it yet. Would it be a good idea to download the Cagney update before I start playing, or to play through it (or part of it) without the update first?[/quote]

I would do the cagney update first. There are some differences in color menus. Plus you cant play online without it.

[quote name='sunnysky']Looks like details are trickling out for a September release on September 18 for the bike pack. However, that is a Thursday.
Is anybody else concerned that it might only be for the PS3 for the first few weeks (as usual)?[/quote]

The only reason they delayed the cagney 360 version was because the update had issues. No I'm not concerned, the update will be released for both 360 & ps3 on Thursday.

[quote name='KiLL3r']The only reason they delayed the cagney 360 version was because the update had issues. No I'm not concerned, the update will be released for both 360 & ps3 on Thursday.[/quote]

And the Cagney update still has issues. During my experience, ive had it corrupt on me three times. But clearing the cashe made it work again.

bread's done
Back