Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off at Amazon

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]19624[/IMG-R]Amazon is matching Toys R Us, and holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale , but Amazon limits the selection somewhat. Titles include: Skyrim, Halo CE Anniversary, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Rayman Origins (with art book) and more.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the tekken Hybrid LE, but can't think of anything to combine it with.
Maybe skyrim, but I think i'll just hold out for a cheaper price.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Do you guys think its worth snagging Skyrim for this deal? Im having trouble finding another 60 dollar game to go with it. I already own it but i want to buy one for my cousin for x-mas. Just dont want to wait then find out its not gonna go on sale for 40 bucks or less by X-mas.

Bite or dont bite? If i do, any suggestions for another 60 dollar game to go with it? Saints row 3rd sounds good but its not at 60 bucks[/QUOTE]

Suggestions (depending on what you're in the mood for) for another $60 game to go with Skyrim:

Dark Souls
Tekken Hybrid LE (PS3) - this one went under the radar...didn't realize it was part of the deal
Disgaea 4 Premium Edition (PS3)

I'm thinking of getting Skyrim and Ultimate, both for PS3. After the half off, and my $20 credit, Ultimate will be free which is cool but.. I'm hearing some bad stuff all around about the PS3 version of Skyrim..
Always wanted the PC version but my laptop isn't a gaming rig. only 4 GB Ram and the newest intel core i3 doesn't seem like it's going to be able to push it too much. What do you guys think? Bite and face some possible issues with PS3 Skyrim or get PC version and see how well it plays?

[quote name='sonicsam']I'm thinking of getting Skyrim and Ultimate, both for PS3. After the half off, and my $20 credit, Ultimate will be free which is cool but.. I'm hearing some bad stuff all around about the PS3 version of Skyrim..
Always wanted the PC version but my laptop isn't a gaming rig. only 4 GB Ram and the newest intel core i3 doesn't seem like it's going to be able to push it too much. What do you guys think? Bite and face some possible issues with PS3 Skyrim or get PC version and see how well it plays?[/QUOTE]

I'd just hold off on skyrim all together.
BUT I would definetly go with the PS3 version rather than playing ball with the PC version. At least you know it'll play on your ps3

[quote name='sonicsam']I'm thinking of getting Skyrim and Ultimate, both for PS3. After the half off, and my $20 credit, Ultimate will be free which is cool but.. I'm hearing some bad stuff all around about the PS3 version of Skyrim..
Always wanted the PC version but my laptop isn't a gaming rig. only 4 GB Ram and the newest intel core i3 doesn't seem like it's going to be able to push it too much. What do you guys think? Bite and face some possible issues with PS3 Skyrim or get PC version and see how well it plays?[/QUOTE]

I'm avoiding it for the same reason. Even with the newest patch some people are still having issues.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']I'd just hold off on skyrim all together.
BUT I would definetly go with the PS3 version rather than playing ball with the PC version. At least you know it'll play on your ps3[/QUOTE]
I'm going to agree with you. I'm thinking I WOULD be able to play it on the laptop but at horrid settings. Main reason I wanted it on PC was for Mods but I think the PS3 version will have to hold me off until the day that I get a decent PC to play, then I'll re buy it on PC (years from now lol).

[quote name='dm85']I'm avoiding it for the same reason. Even with the newest patch some people are still having issues.[/QUOTE]
If you wanted to get it now because of the sale, maybe go for it? Just hold off on playing it till the next patch. xD I know I'd be busy with Ultimate because I just got an Eightarc Sapphire Fusion stick and my friends need to learn who their master is. :cool:

I got the 1000 and put like 65 hours into it. I started having really annoying issues at around 55 hours. I've had more issues than anyone else I've personally spoken with, and it still wasn't much, and was very late. It really is hyperbole to say it's unplayable and that you must wait. It's a great game, just go play it and enjoy yourself! DOVAHKIIN!!!!

I realize the PS3 is supposed to have some more issues, but rest assured good sir, the 360 is by no means free of them.

I contacted AZ about it, they issued me a $20 promo for the hassle, and I had a $5 credit, and I just signed up for the AZ card. I use my CC a lot to get stuff then pay it off right away, I figured I should do it on AZ to get some rewards back. So with that instant $30, I bought a Samsung galaxy player 5.0 with a card, figure I can sell my iTouch and make an even trade. Have an iPhone so don't need an iTouch but wanted to get something android to play around with.

/derailment.

That said, I went with SR3 because of the free download of SR2 :)

[quote name='Zaku77']I got the 1000 and put like 65 hours into it. I started having really annoying issues at around 55 hours. I've had more issues than anyone else I've personally spoken with, and it still wasn't much, and was very late. It really is hyperbole to say it's unplayable and that you must wait. It's a great game, just go play it and enjoy yourself! DOVAHKIIN!!!![/QUOTE]

The PS3 issue is confirmed to get worse the more you play. The more you do in the game, the bigger the file gets which causes the issues.

So, it's only really a huge issue if you plan on playing 100+ hours.

[quote name='crazydom2']The PS3 issue is confirmed to get worse the more you play. The more you do in the game, the bigger the file gets which causes the issues.

So, it's only really a huge issue if you plan on playing 100+ hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we just have to hope Bethesda is working to try fix this unlike how they didn't fix New Vegas.

[quote name='crazydom2']The PS3 issue is confirmed to get worse the more you play. The more you do in the game, the bigger the file gets which causes the issues.

So, it's only really a huge issue if you plan on playing 100+ hours.[/QUOTE]

Thought they fixed that in the 1.2 patch?

I'm up to 70 or so hours, no real issues. The patch introduced a new issue where load screens hang for a minute or so on occasion (only happened to me twice), and the game froze completely on me once, but that's absolutely nothing compared to how bad New Vegas was.

[quote name='Lucky13']Yeah we just have to hope Bethesda is working to try fix this unlike how they didn't fix New Vegas.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, Bethesda only published F:NV. Obsidian actually developed it.

Finally put in an order. Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension (Wii) and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. $59.98 shipped and two xmas items checked off. Pretty good deal.

I had bought a used copy of LoZ:OoT from AWD, but I'm going to return that used copy. It will cost me a few bucks to ship back, but I'd rather give a new copy for nearly the same price.

[quote name='wtsutton']IIRC, Bethesda only published F:NV. Obsidian actually developed it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they just recycle the same game engine from Fallout 3?

Had second thoughts and decided to cancel my order. So I got an email saying that Phineas & Ferb was successfully canceled (which is mainly what I wanted to get), but Zelda 3DS was not. So I go to Help, Contact Us, selected the order, checked the checkbox for Zelda and clicked cancel the order and it canceled it. WTF? So why wasn't it successfully canceled before? Grr. Amazon seems to be going out of their way to piss me off lately. I'm happy I was able to cancel it, but not happy that they tried to trick me into thinking I couldn't. Grr.

Now I've been trying to figure out something else on the list to pair up with Phineas, but I'm coming up with nothing, or at least nothing I really need now and/or would also be about $40 to maximize the deal. Oh well.

So I still want to get Phineas, but can't decide on what to go with it. Do we know when this deal will end?

@doubledown: No, the deal is not over. The page is still up. Just SR3 doesn't qualify now.

Debating whether to pick up Catherine and Rayman Origins. I know in the Gamestop thread they're having a B2G1 and I actually have a lot of credit to Gamestop, not as much as Amazon.

I was sort of thinking about getting Halo: CEA and AC: Brotherhood because I have $67 in Amazon credit left over after all the Black Friday shopping. However, I have a feeling that Amazon is going to offer something up between now and Christmas that is too good to pass up. I guess we'll see...

[quote name='wtsutton']IIRC, Bethesda only published F:NV. Obsidian actually developed it.[/QUOTE]

Same goes to mw3 on how people think that Activision developed the game when in fact its been infinity ward with help from sledgehammer.Sweet Jesus people!! get it right

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Same goes to mw3 on how people think that Activision developed the game when in fact its been infinity ward with help from sledgehammer.Sweet Jesus people!! get it right[/QUOTE]

Activision is a publisher 100% of the time (unless you go way back to the Pitfall days 30 years ago); Bethesda publishes and develops games.

Bought 2 Sony Wireless Headsets. Split the cost with a friend. Came out to $74.25 each. Win! Thanks OP for the post.

[quote name='dm85']They reduce Borderlands GOTY to $30 but take it off the list...awesome.[/QUOTE]

Say wha? I got it for $19.99 a year ago. If it hasn't been that cheap again recently it will be sooner than later with Borderlands 2 coming out in June.

[quote name='dm85']They reduce Borderlands GOTY to $30 but take it off the list...awesome.[/QUOTE]

I still see it on the list, but yes it is now $29.99. At least the 360 version is $29.99 and still available with this deal. Not sure about PS3.

[quote name='Lucky13']Say wha? I got it for $19.99 a year ago. If it hasn't been that cheap again recently it will be sooner than later with Borderlands 2 coming out in June.[/QUOTE]

You got the GOTY version for $20, or the standard (or platinum hits) version?

[quote name='crunchewy']You got the GOTY version for $20, or the standard (or platinum hits) version?[/QUOTE]

GOTY edition, just checked for you. And I got it at Best Buy. I keep track of what I pay for games in my phone lol

Bah, was excited to see the x31's on there really want a pair after i missed out on the amazon lightning deal, but nothing else in a similar price range to make the savings worthwhile. Had my fingers crossed for a psp model or basic kinect package making the list.

Just spent about 40 minutes with Chat Support. Mentioned that Toys R Us has Kirby as a part of the buy one get one 50 percent..and they DIDN'T match it. Jeez.

[quote name='crunchewy']I still see it on the list, but yes it is now $29.99. At least the 360 version is $29.99 and still available with this deal. Not sure about PS3.

You got the GOTY version for $20, or the standard (or platinum hits) version?[/QUOTE]

It was also $19.99 this past BF at Gamestop, and I think a LD on Amazon. I expect it will hit that cheap again in the next month

My problem with LD is my lack of Prime Membership. What's the point of a $20 game if I have to toss in something else for Free Shipping..

What is with Kirby?
Every reviewer gave it so so reviews yet I can't find it anywhere (on sale), Amazon won't include it on their B1G150 sale, and most of the time it is 3rd party sellers asking $60+ for it?
For a game that came out months ago???

[quote name='dm85']My problem with LD is my lack of Prime Membership. What's the point of a $20 game if I have to toss in something else for Free Shipping..[/QUOTE]

If the item cost $25 or more *before* the discount, then you get free super saver shipping. Not sure if you realize that or not. Figured I'd mention it.

[quote name='dm85']My problem with LD is my lack of Prime Membership. What's the point of a $20 game if I have to toss in something else for Free Shipping..[/QUOTE]

Did Amazon change their rules?

[quote name='Zimmy']What is with Kirby?
Every reviewer gave it so so reviews yet I can't find it anywhere (on sale), Amazon won't include it on their B1G150 sale, and most of the time it is 3rd party sellers asking $60+ for it?
For a game that came out months ago???[/QUOTE]

Beats me. Must be that nostalgia thing. But it kind of pissed me off when they wouldn't do it. I talked to two seperate reps, and neither would budge. This sucks.

Gah. I can't figure out what to pair with Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension. I don't really need any other games right now for myself. Sort of interested in upgrading to Borderlands GOTY, but if it's been $20 recently, then it will hit $20 on its own again before long. None of the 360 or Wii accessories are anything I need. I guess I'll just wait and see if Phineas gets a lower price of it's own before xmas.

[quote name='crunchewy']If the item cost $25 or more *before* the discount, then you get free super saver shipping. Not sure if you realize that or not. Figured I'd mention it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't no that! And ty for mentioning it.

Picked up AssCreedRev (for the husband) and SMT: Devil Survivor (for myself) last night. We were thinking of getting two more games, but there wasn't anything else we wanted badly enough...

[quote name='confoosious']Did Amazon change their rules?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Are you supposed to get free shipping on lightning deals whether or not you're a Prime member?

[quote name='RCS0926']What do you mean? Are you supposed to get free shipping on lightning deals whether or not you're a Prime member?[/QUOTE]
If they are over $25.

bread's done
Back