Buzz! Quiz TV - CAG Night: Sundays at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST

But Scene It on the 360 still came with 8 AA batteries, and I saw an unboxing video for Buzz on youtube that also showed batteries in the box. Sony must hate America too :whistle2:(

Finally got into an online game. There's one round that is multiple choice, in that there can be multiple answers, but I don't know why you can see what others have picked since it helps the slow people get answers from the others. Also, fuck this bitch for picking the Style category in the betting round.

From the one game I played, it was a quick three rounds (normal quick buzzer, multiple choice, then betting rounds) and it was fairly smooth. The odd thing is that your opponents' answers don't necessarily show up as soon as they're picked. It was fun though.

If you're wondering, you have options for hosting the game yourself and inviting friends in or essentially being matched up with randoms. I don't see an option for multiple people from one couch to play online together, though technically you could do that with just the one buzzer and pass it around.

I kind of want this, but don't love the fact I'd have 4 360 and 4 PS3 buzzers around. I dunno, I shall think on it.

Does anyone know if they're selling a version that doesn't come with buzzers? Just being a bit of a miser and want to know all my options. I know the wired ones still work since we used them at PAX.

[quote name='zenprime']Does anyone know if they're selling a version that doesn't come with buzzers? Just being a bit of a miser and want to know all my options. I know the wired ones still work since we used them at PAX.[/quote]
No single game listed on the BB site:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...##3##g&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

I juuust picked this up - no batteries in the box. So once I pop some in I will give it a shot and see how it is.....

[quote name='zenprime']Does anyone know if they're selling a version that doesn't come with buzzers? Just being a bit of a miser and want to know all my options. I know the wired ones still work since we used them at PAX.[/quote]

I saw a Sony Rep at Target and asked her the same thing. She said that they are only releasing it with the Buzzers and she was not sure if the PS2 Buzzers would work on it. Of course I could not find the game wherever I went. I looked for it at several places in the Minneapolis area with no luck at all. I also tried to Gamefly it, but Gamefly does not offer the PS3 version for rent.

Is anyone else having any problems with the controllers? My screen is stuck on the "Push the buzz button to accept" screen, but my controller doesn't seem to work. I push the power switch up and the controller flashes 8 times, but it doesn't seem to connect. Any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found this link, it was really helpful, considering that the game did not come with a manual for the buzzers. http://www.fixya.com/support/t768788-buzz_wireless_buzzers

Last edited by a moderator:
If you rent this at BB, does it come with all the stuff or just the disc?

[quote name='DeskLaser']Is anyone else having any problems with the controllers? My screen is stuck on the "Push the buzz button to accept" screen, but my controller doesn't seem to work. I push the power switch up and the controller flashes 8 times, but it doesn't seem to connect. Any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found this link, it was really helpful, considering that the game did not come with a manual for the buzzers. http://www.fixya.com/support/t768788-buzz_wireless_buzzers[/quote]

I was stuck on that also - till I opened up the instruction book to page 4 - where it tells you how to turn the cntrollers on. :booty:

Yes, I did see that, but I guess my controllers weren't synced to the receiver right out of the box, so I had to find out how to do that myself. Getting that 5000 point on single player trophy is brutal, you can't miss a single question. I finally got both it and the lightning response trophy by whoring out the blockbusters category in the Movies and TV channel :) . I'm still waiting for the PS store to update so I can download the video game pack, and hopefully the sci-fi movie pack as well, depending on the costs. Oh, and btw, having your same friend in a 4 player game get stuck with the bomb in Pass the Bomb was quite hilarious :D

EDIT: Well it seems right after I made this post, the PS store updated. Anybody know what exactly is "deluxe" about the National Geographic pack? Does it include pictures/video/audio and the other packs not?

I left the USB dongle in the PS3 and it turns out that when you turn on your PS3 with it in that is controller #1. So for some games that may screw you up, like for example when I was trying to get LBP setup I could not because I could not use controller #1. Dunno if that makes any sense, but it took me a few minuts to figure it out.

I drove all over Minneapolis are to find this game and gave up looking for it at Target. Got it at a Gamestop and me and my wife played it and its fun. She got every question right in single player but her score was only 4798 or something like that. I was the champ on my first sofa vs. sofa, its great!! Is there going to be a CAG gamer night on this at all? I would like to do Sofa vs. Sofa on CAG, feel free to send me a friend invite (please let me know your from CAG, I keep getting request from people I do not know) PSN ID is Davestation!

[quote name='suko_32']Bought the video game pack. I hope it's worth it.[/quote]
I was checking that out - can you let us know how it is pretty please :)

[quote name='fuss']I was checking that out - can you let us know how it is pretty please :)[/QUOTE]

I can tomorrow when my friends are over and we start playing.

Well, I played the game very briefly last night. I only played on single player match as it was getting rather late. I'm going to try the online portion of the game this evening.

I bought this game as a fun party game, and I think it will deliver just that. Single player is good, but perhaps not great. I wasn't expecting it to be that entertaining as you're really playing against yourself. You choose a catagory, and answer the question as quickly as you can. There's about 8 or so questions in each catagory. You choose three different catagories. Once you're done, they roll the credits. Pretty bare bones single player experience.

I may have to create house rules when playing against my wife. Now, I know we all have our own catagory strengths and weaknesses, but shouldn't I choose "sports personalities" if given the option? She could try and guess, but most likely I would steam roll that catagory. I feel that it puts her at an extreme disadvantage. Whereas "new music" most likely puts both of us at a disadvantage. But that's how these quiz games work.

Now for some quick hits:

- The buzzers are very responsive. You'll need 8 AA batteries
- The characters personalities are quite humorous, but I'd like to see the Eye incorporated.
- You have the option to choose different buzz sounds (i.e. burp, train, whistle)
- The voice over is very good. It sounds very game show esque.
- The bronze trophy is easy to come by.

All right everyone, I'm weak. :whistle2:(
picture.php

I just couldn't resist this game. I traded in two games, got a big bonus, and only paid $12.59.

I sold Madden '09 for 40, and had $13 in Walmart store credit. So, it only cost me $5 and some change. Not bad. I think online this game will shine! This game does need voice chat though. Any chance it could be patched?

[quote name='doubledown']Are the QUIZ packs shareable? If so, that might tempt me to buy this and set up a sharing group.[/quote]

if they are im up for joining

I couldnt resist I grabbed it. I went there to pick it up (my wife wanted me to get it since its great for company) and I asked for it (at Gamestop). They guy asked my name. I didnt answer but asked a question of my own. Why I asked. He said all the Gamestop's in the area only got one copy of the game. I said oh so he said where you the guy that called earlier. -me knowing there was only one copy there- I said yep. He said your name is Taylor? I said yes sir. -I of course didnt call ahead and am not named Taylor.- haha

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right everyone, I'm weak. :whistle2:(
picture.php

I just couldn't resist this game. I traded in two games, got a big bonus, and only paid $12.59.[/quote]

What games did you trade in to get a big bonus? I may have to do the same. :p

[quote name='Sinistar']What games did you trade in to get a big bonus? I may have to do the same. :p[/QUOTE]I just got rid of Brawl and Sega Rally Revo, due to rarely playing them. I'll play it sometime this weekend.

I'm enjoying the game so far. I picked up all the quiz packs and they are just randomly included in the game from what I have seen. I didn't mind adding on the packs because I enjoy trivia and a good game show. The pie fight is fun with a lot of players.

The only things I had trouble with was setting up the controllers, and downloading the update. 207MB.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I just got rid of Brawl and Sega Rally Revo, due to rarely playing them. I'll play it sometime this weekend.[/quote]

I might have to pick this up when they have a trade in deal next.

Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to pick that video game category so I can't comment on it yet. It showed up a few times, but last place didn't pick it because I screwed her pretty bad in the bomb part with sports questions.

I just picked it up and played a game by myself and online. By yourself is, admittedly, a little boring. Playing online with others is fun, though.

It's one of the few online games I can think of where I wouldn't have to spend hours each day practicing so that some 10-year old kid wouldn't kick my butt.

This is quite fun. Played and won my first online game, and played through a single-player game.

With the MyBuzz channel, it's strange that they're going to try to sell expansion packs via PSN as well, no?

But, here's the deal: will these remotes work with the PS2 versions of Buzz? Alternately, is it even worth picking up the PS2 versions now that I have this?

I like it a lot. I've played several times online so far and no repeat questions. I just looked at the Jeopardy thread and people were complaining about that.

I also have to say that I like the controllers, too. It's something that I can hand to a non-game-playing guest and they can figure it out quite quickly. Also, they don't seem to be cheap/crappy controllers. My only beef with the controllers is the stupid USB receiver you have to plug in. It's basically like a usb flash-drive in looks but it just bugs me that the PS3 will wirelessly connect to controllers but companies continue to not use that interface (Guitar Hero III, for example).

The website integration is pretty cool. I like that aspect. I've played a few of the online Buzz Quizzes for different people but I haven't paid attention to who has posted what.

Has anyone tried the PS3 Eye with it? It makes it sound like you can put your face in the game somehow but I don't know where it would be unless they'd stretch it across one of the characters which could look pretty strange.

I'd get a PS3 Eye if it had some functional use in a game I'd play.

The PS3 Eye is for multiplayer, it takes shots at different intervals, and you can see the pics later on

[quote name='mykevermin']
But, here's the deal: will these remotes work with the PS2 versions of Buzz?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this, also...

The Buzzer manual I got with my game mentions the PS2 whenever it's talking about the PS3, so I'd guess that it would work. Just plug in the wireless receiver in the PS2 and you should be ready to go.

The Video Game question pack is actually pretty good. There was stuff about recent games like DBZ: Burst Limit which surprised me.

I created my first quiz, but it's about top performances in the Pro Circuit/World Championships of the VS System Trading Card Game by Upper Deck. Good luck.

bread's done
Back