CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
man u guys gotta make it clear and easy...

X-Arcade is the worst shyt in the world!!

well not the worst bu definitely F grade.

one time I was at my friend's house and he had the double X-arcade...

we were playing CvS and I was like dood stop hitting my elbow

and then I was like did you jus touch my ass???

then we stopped playing.

[quote name='g13']Does anyone know how the x arcade stick compares to the sticks mentioned in this thread? I am looking at the PS3 version.

http://www.xgaming.com/specialoffer/1player1.htm[/quote]

Didn't the Shoryuken forums say that the Xarcade stick is only good if you don't plan to play seriously? I think that was posted earlier in this very thread.

Nope. I couldn't find information on the X Arcade. So the SC IV stick is better and cheaper than the X Arcade?

Do the 360 arcade sticks (Like SC IV stick) work for most arcade games like Lumines or Super Puzzle Fighter?

[quote name='M_A_C']Do the 360 arcade sticks (Like SC IV stick) work for most arcade games like Lumines or Super Puzzle Fighter?[/QUOTE]

It seems like most XBLA games use two sticks. Those that don't should work OK. Certainly SHUMPS like Ageis Wing and Time Pilot work fine and I bet 1942 does as well, though I haven't tried that. Pac-Man CE benifits from the big stick as it is more accurate for 90 degree movements. Of course MK3 plays better with the stick. I can't imagine that Lumines benifits from the stick though; that game works great with the regular controller.

ended up buying the regular EX2 at circuitcity.com. free shipping, $60. except i'm californian and i have to pay sales tax but still, izzz aiight i guess.

now to order sanwa stuff. for some reason it's cheaper through akihabarashop than through lizardlicks. i don't get it. =)

akihabarashop, u gotta wait awhile for, lizardlick has em in stock and arrives fast. That's the main diff...

If you're patient, Akishop is the way to go.

If you need parts fast, lick your lizard.

So when does this SF stick come out in the US? Will it be just another EX2 with a different picture on it? Also what is with this sanwa stuff? do they make the ex2 better?

im wondering if a US release of the stick is even planned. It might be a japan only thing. Any idea on what the price may be?

im about to buy a Real Arcade Pro 2 SA. Hefty price but it sounds like i don't have to do any modding. I would wait for the SFIV stick but the HRAP2 SA may not even be available by then :roll:

I wish I knew when the SF stick was coming out as well. Or perhaps a pic of it so I know what to expect. I think I'll order the EX2 for now and modify it.

Guess it will come to the US. The producer in Japan said it will be Arcade perfect. So im guessing Sanwa Buttons and Joystick. Hopefully the Pro version will make it as well...

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/07/new-stick-pad-i.html
New Stick, Pad in the Works for Street Fighter IV

By Earnest Cavalli July 15, 2008 | 3:26:25 PM

LOS ANGELES -- Street Fighter fans fearing a forced usage of the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3's execrable directional pads when the latest iteration in the series is released later this year need no longer worry about shredded digits or unresponsive controls.

Capcom senior manager Seth Killian shares these fears and assured me that Capcom will be releasing a joystick as well as a control pad specifically for those who demand more useful controls in the upcoming Street Fighter IV.

Development on these peripherals is being handled by Capcom, though Killian explained that they have contracted with a mysterious third-party firm to assist in the development.

He couldn't reveal the name of the company, though I'm willing to bet that portion of the development is being handled by hardcore joystick manufacturer Hori -- a company that Killian expressed great affection for based on their previous work in arcade-style fighter joysticks.

These new peripherals should launch alongside Street Fighter IV's console iteration, and presumably a special edition of the game with the additional control options as pack-ins will be released as well, according to Killian.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MarkMan']It's not Hori I'll tell you that. But the sticks/pad are sexy.[/quote]

Dammit! That makes things even more interesting :wall:

It occurred to me that the new SF sticks will likely be PS3/360/PC only. I guess the HRAP / HRAP2 SA is the ultimate solution considering its direct compatibility with the PS2 (and lag-free gaming for PS2 games).

[quote name='MarkMan']It's not Hori I'll tell you that. But the sticks/pad are sexy.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you frustrate the hell out of me!

That being said, this topic has got me back in to fighters. I ordered an EX2 for the 360 (that I plan to mod) and I am buying a longer vga cable to play my pc fighting games on my big screen. I'm also now addicted to the shoryuken forums. :)

glad this thread is helping some people ;) !

I don't wanna frustrate/tease anyone I just want to inform. The tease is a bonus lol.

I keep forgetting about the upcoming SF pad. I really hope Capcom just goes to some old guys at Sega and asks them, "how do you make 2nd gen Saturn pads?"

I'll probably be in for one of the pads and the Pro stick assuming everything is available for the 360, my PS3 has enough controllers for awhile.

I'm wanting to get a new stick but seeing how all that are out for the 360 are the ex2 sticks I really dont want to buy one. At least not untill it goes all the way out. The one I have now seems to not even respond at times. Dont know why because I hardly ever use it. It is getting alot of use now with SCIV out. In one game it seems as though the stick did not even work at all. I would move it and the character on screen would do nothing. Even some of the buttons have been pressed and it seems like I have to slam it down hard to get it to respond other times it responds fine. Anyone know if i can fix this or when a better stick is comeing to the 360?

[quote name='Halo05']I keep forgetting about the upcoming SF pad. I really hope Capcom just goes to some old guys at Sega and asks them, "how do you make 2nd gen Saturn pads?"

I'll probably be in for one of the pads and the Pro stick assuming everything is available for the 360, my PS3 has enough controllers for awhile.[/quote]

Oh how I miss the Saturn pads...I even had the Sega Virtua Stick, which wasn't bad, not great, but the 2nd Gen pads were just so damned good that I stopped using it. Vampire Savior w/4mb Cart FTW!

Which reminds me, I think it's time I sell the modded US/Jap saturn and my imports and such. It's time. I've gotten all of the play out of it that I am going to...hasn't been hooked up in almost a year at this point. I'm going to miss it...

Every fighting game I played at the local arcade always felt weird and I always have tendency to jump a lot. Yet, I remember I played a KOF arcade game in Galleria in Houston and I was shocked at the arcade stick.

It was perfect and I can almost do the moves consistently without any problems. This isn't to say my local arcades controls suck. But man I feel right at home with it.

I doubt anyone can tell me, but what kind of sticks does that use and is it possible to get it for a ps3? Heh, this question been burning me all year long since I haven't gone back in a long time

Dang Markman, I just sold a Saturn PS2 pad yesterday. I still have a purple one, but I'm not getting rid of it. :) Used some of the proceeds to get the Japanese version of Street Fighter The Movie game for PS1, which I will play on my Japanese PS3 sometime.

Kyo is it a ball-top joystick? It would probably be a Sanwa JLF if so.

Not even as a joke, MM.

I MAMEd that shit up and it was definitely about as bad as the PS1 version. And didn't Acclaim develop it? You know just from that what you're getting.

[quote name='Chacrana']Not even as a joke, MM.

I MAMEd that shit up and it was definitely about as bad as the PS1 version. And didn't Acclaim develop it? You know just from that what you're getting.[/quote]

Dude, the arcade version is way better than the PS1/Saturn version. Completely different games !

[quote name='MarkMan']Dude, the arcade version is way better than the PS1/Saturn version. Completely different games ![/QUOTE]

Agreed. The reason I'm picking the game up now is I read through that series of message board posts and articles from the arcade game's developer, and I want a chance to experience the game in some form.

Owning the real SF Movie arcade game would be ridiculously cool.

[quote name='MarkMan']I really, REALLY, REAAAAAAAALY want a Sega Saturn PS2 or PC controller. I need me one for my collection.[/QUOTE]

I want one too but not for a particular collection just to play with. It's my favorite controller of all time. I wish I had known about the PS2 and PC versions of it when they were still available. Were they released and immediately discontinued?

[quote name='eastx']Dang Markman, I just sold a Saturn PS2 pad yesterday. I still have a purple one, but I'm not getting rid of it. :) Used some of the proceeds to get the Japanese version of Street Fighter The Movie game for PS1, which I will play on my Japanese PS3 sometime.

Kyo is it a ball-top joystick? It would probably be a Sanwa JLF if so.[/QUOTE]

How much did you get for it? It seems to go for ridiculous amounts on eBay. Wasn't it only around $40 retail?

[quote name='MarkMan']Dude, the arcade version is way better than the PS1/Saturn version. Completely different games ![/QUOTE]

It was different, but I wouldn't fling any positive adjectives at it like "better."

Though the novelty of having an SF: The Movie setup would be pretty ghangsta. There's something about recognizable arcade games from the 90's that's so damn cool.

[quote name='Collectordragon']How much did you get for it? It seems to go for ridiculous amounts on eBay. Wasn't it only around $40 retail?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to profit much, so I just sold it for $75 shipped. I guess I could have done even more, because I had 2 potential buyers within an hour of posting the ad.

Yes, it just cost me $40. I bought it a little while after it had gone out of production, but this obscure Hawaiian game store had a couple on sale.

What's really crazy is that the purple Vampire pad went on clearance at Play-asia for like $25 back in 2006.

I'm sad that I missed out on getting more of the PC pads. Those came in some crazy colors (I think there was a gold one). All I have is the US Saturn pad lookalike one.

[quote name='Chacrana']I remember the Vampire pad, but I still don't regret skipping that one. Purple? Holy shit, c'mon.[/QUOTE]

For pad players it is one of (if not THE) best PS2 pads available.

Before one of our local import shops closed here in NorCal, one my friends picked up a brand new one boxed w/ Darkstalker Tarot Cards for $30+

Plus the Vampire pad comes with trading cards and has nicer packaging than the regular pad. No reason to be afraid of the color purple.

[quote name='MarkMan']I don't care if it's rainbow and melts people's faces, I need a USB and a PS2 one X_X[/QUOTE]

I'd take a hot pink Hello Kitty version that I can only use if I'm wearing a dress if that was the only way I could get one.

On another note, MarkMan, do you have the Wii SNK arcade stick? If so how is it?

I don't have the Wii SNK stick, but I do have the PS2 one, which is pretty much the same. It's 'ok', it feels a lot like the old Neo Geo AES sticks, but those weren't that great to begin with. I also have the Hori stick for Wii, I like that much better feel wise. Just my .02 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back