CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats lame to the max. I'm here in San Antonio for a Smash tournament on Saturday at an anime convention, but they also will have SC4 for 360 (since its just a casual thing they dont have to keep it to the tournament standard).

I guess I'll try to fumble around with that controller D:

If I wanted to not mess with things, but just get a nice, affordable stock stick for the PS3, what should I get? I think I might want one for SF2HD/SF4 to learn how to play on one. I'm not going to be like frame counting and such with it. :)

[quote name='daroga']If I wanted to not mess with things, but just get a nice, affordable stock stick for the PS3, what should I get? I think I might want one for SF2HD/SF4 to learn how to play on one. I'm not going to be like frame counting and such with it. :)[/quote]

would like to know as well...

I'd really like to recommend the Fighting Stick 3 as an entry level stick, but I can't. It is just lacking on so many things, I think it would hurt the player more IF you would like to take it to the next level.

The only stick on the PS3 I'd recommend outright is an HRAP3 (the only other stick that is easily available).

Or a good PS2 stick with PS3 > PS3 USB Converter.

What is your price range? It's hard to find new ones in stock but there are always some that pop up on various marketplaces/forums, I'll keep an eye out for you.

[quote name='MarkMan']I really, REALLY, REAAAAAAAALY want a Sega Saturn PS2 or PC controller. I need me one for my collection.[/QUOTE]

I have a Darkstalkers PS2 pad that I will sell for $40 shipped, its in great shape and hardly used.

[quote name='MarkMan']What is your price range? It's hard to find new ones in stock but there are always some that pop up on various marketplaces/forums, I'll keep an eye out for you.[/quote]

yeah, anything under $70 preferably, but under $100 is fine. I just need one to get over the fact I haven't played fighters with one when I'm compelled to learn.

Start checkin' ebay! The last 4-5 Namco sticks ended around 40-50!

[quote name='Jayx77']I have a Darkstalkers PS2 pad that I will sell for $40 shipped, its in great shape and hardly used.[/quote]

WOOO, can you send me pics? Regardless, sending you a PM.

Yea, I'll let ya'll know. I'm always down to help... even if it isn't an arcade stick lol!

BUT! Arcade sticks... yes.

Stridajin is getting restock on HRAP3s!

I've wanted a PS2 Saturn pad for ages, but I haven't got one yet. I do have like 6 Saturn pads that I wished I could just put a PS2 plug on the end. ;)

I finished putting all Sanwa parts in my Namco stick. I'll have some fun pics sometime soon.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yea, I'll let ya'll know. I'm always down to help... even if it isn't an arcade stick lol!

BUT! Arcade sticks... yes.

Stridajin is getting restock on HRAP3s![/QUOTE]

Yeah he finally e-mailed me back since I will be getting them from him. He said he'll get them on the 13th

Yea, he's been selling a lot.

If anyone is looking for an HRAP or HRAP3, I suggest going thru Stridajin! Best prices around.

[quote name='MarkMan']Stridajin just got a shipment of about 14 HRAP3s. HRAP1s are still in stock as well.[/QUOTE]

HRAP 3 is just compatible with PS3?

[quote name='MarkMan']PS3 and PC

and BC[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you can reveal this yet but.... are their going to be 2 versions of the Street Fighter 4 Pro Stick, or is it going to be compatible with both PS3 and 360?

Aright, MM, i know you're prolly sick of fielding this question, but because I'm a bastard, here goes:

So I got SC4 for my 360. And I got other arcade-style games on the 360 and PC. I want a stick for the 360, but I dunno what the cheapest option is without fucking up. But I know that regardless of what stick I get, I'm going to want to mod that shit, so I need like a guide or some shit saying "hey idiot, this is how to mod the SC4 stick" or whatever it is that I pick up. I got some money on my hands, so ima do this shit for real. I figure it's worth it for SC4, Melty Blood, SFIV, and whatever else comes out on those two platforms.

[quote name='Halo05']What's really crazy is that the purple Vampire pad went on clearance at Play-asia for like $25 back in 2006.

I'm sad that I missed out on getting more of the PC pads. Those came in some crazy colors (I think there was a gold one). All I have is the US Saturn pad lookalike one.[/quote]

I got two of those pads during that clearance. It's the pad I use for all ps2 fighters when I don't feel like breaking out or dusting off a stick. The Taro cards are fresh.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Don't know if you can reveal this yet but.... are their going to be 2 versions of the Street Fighter 4 Pro Stick, or is it going to be compatible with both PS3 and 360?[/quote]

The SF IV stick will have a stick for each console... Unfortunately there will never be a stick that works on both PS3/360. :(

---

Chac: Do you want a big one or a small one? If you get an HRAP3 you can dual PCB mod it with a switch so it'll work for both PS3 and 360. akuma001 does these mods and you would just need to buy the parts and pay him to do it. Well worth it if you don't want to have two diff sticks. Hit me up on AIM later and I'll explain it more in depth.

I linked his work a page or two back. He mods the EX2 sticks with Sanwa parts too.

[quote name='Puffa469']I got two of those pads during that clearance. It's the pad I use for all ps2 fighters when I don't feel like breaking out or dusting off a stick. The Taro cards are fresh.[/QUOTE]

Willing to sell one of the pads? :)

omgz, SF IV sticks not Hori? Now I may just order a Soul Calibur one for the hell of it while I wait for SF IV.

Markman, you are awesome. Thank you.

I do what I can to help. ^_^

Nice to know info is used/appreciated.

FYI, there might be a Hori SF IV stick in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if there is.

MM with the helpful hookups!

I should be getting my EX2 stick today or tomorrow.
I talked to akuma001, he said he should be able to mod the HRAP1 to be dual PCB. Hopefully with the dual PCB it'll work with a converter.

Gonna get that done first once the parts come in. When it comes back, I send the EX2 out. Yay~ =)

[quote name='MarkMan']I do what I can to help. ^_^

Nice to know info is used/appreciated.

FYI, there might be a Hori SF IV stick in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if there is.[/quote]

Woo more fighting stick 3's!!!!!!!

... -_-

[quote name='kainzero']MM with the helpful hookups!

I should be getting my EX2 stick today or tomorrow.
I talked to akuma001, he said he should be able to mod the HRAP1 to be dual PCB. Hopefully with the dual PCB it'll work with a converter.

Gonna get that done first once the parts come in. When it comes back, I send the EX2 out. Yay~ =)[/quote]

Make sure you mention to him that you're MarkMan's homie, via SD TEKKEN. ^_^ I'll talk to him about it too, PM me your email address.

i charge more if you say you are markman's homie. j/k :p

haha, never knew there was an arcade stick thread here. but thanks again markman spreading the word.

Speak of the devil...

Yes, make sure you say you're my homie so he can charge you FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE DOLLARS.

^_^

And OMG at the SSF2X OG promo poster in the pic in your sig!

Looks like I'll be next in line for a pimped-out stick. Gotta justify the cost of all this shit in my head first, but yeah... probably.

Hmm... well, that does make for a tougher decision, but I still think I'll go the modded EX2 route... cause I wanna try a Seimitsu stick and Sanwa buttons. And I want a pretty picture.

[quote name='akuma001']i charge more if you say you are markman's homie. j/k :p

haha, never knew there was an arcade stick thread here. but thanks again markman spreading the word.[/quote]

i'll be contacting you soon :bow:

[quote name='MarkMan']It's not Hori I'll tell you that. But the sticks/pad are sexy.[/quote]

Hm, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Sexy as in stylistically, or sexy as in functionally? I was going to buy a Soul Calibur 4 Stick for my PS3, but I decided to wait for the SF4 stick that will inevitably be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back