CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='asianxcore']One of my favorite things about PS2 sticks is that there is pretty much a solid converter out for any system you might want to use it for.[/QUOTE]Very true, that's exactly why I ended up going for a dual mod on the stick I'm getting. A 360+PS2 combo will end up covering everything I own!

[quote name='asianxcore']One of my favorite things about PS2 sticks is that there is pretty much a solid converter out for any system you might want to use it for.

MarkMan, I asked this in the FG thread but what is the best Saturn converter for PS2?[/quote]There's the ToToTEK.com PS2 -> Saturn converter.

3228517572_f8169b5835_o.jpg

3228517552_90af6e6601_o.jpg

http://www.hori.jp/products/xbox360/controller/realarc_pro_ex_se/

STICK - LS32
BUTTONS - PS-14G
START/BACK - PS-14D

Feb. 5th, 2009!

Count me in for one! Sexy!

Hey Markman, i notice you gave a ranking of TvsC stick from Exar a C...Can you give the reason why? Im getting it from a trade but would like more details on it...Is it playable?

quick question - on a PS2 6-button stick, which shoulder buttons usually get mapped? Like do they have L1 and R1, and leave out L2/R2 ? Other way around? Both left triggers and leave out the right?

I assume they keep L1 and R1 but I wanted to make sure.

[quote name='rcaido']Hey Markman, i notice you gave a ranking of TvsC stick from Exar a C...Can you give the reason why? Im getting it from a trade but would like more details on it...Is it playable?[/quote]

Oh yea it is definitely playable. It is just made out of ALL plastic, feels very cheap.

Not as responsive as the Hori stick either IMO.

[quote name='BustaUppa']quick question - on a PS2 6-button stick, which shoulder buttons usually get mapped? Like do they have L1 and R1, and leave out L2/R2 ? Other way around? Both left triggers and leave out the right?

I assume they keep L1 and R1 but I wanted to make sure.[/quote]
I asked this question earlier concerning ps3 controls.

For ps2 controllers, people usually just keep the R1 buttons. Makes sense since all the buttons in ps2 games are mapped with R1 and R2 by default. For ps3, I'm still trying to figure out what the general consensus is on the layout, since R2 is no longer a button but a trigger on the controllers. In STHD L1 and R1 was the default.

I saw that on akihabarashop this morning. 16000Y. About 220 CND right now. Ouch to my wallet. I thought $190 was a lot of the SFIV TE.

[quote name='option.iv']I asked this question earlier concerning ps3 controls.

For ps2 controllers, people usually just keep the R1 buttons. Makes sense since all the buttons in ps2 games are mapped with R1 and R2 by default. For ps3, I'm still trying to figure out what the general consensus is on the layout, since R2 is no longer a button but a trigger on the controllers. In STHD L1 and R1 was the default.[/QUOTE]Thanks! Hmm, good questions. I'd like some input on the PS3 issue too. I don't have a PS3, but I wanna plan my joystick layout to be as future-proofed as possible.

I just got another arcade stick (the PS3 hori stick) and honestly, i do worse with a stick then i do with a controller. Even with my broken 360 controller that has a sticky d-pad, i can pull off combos and moves much easier on that then i do with any arcade stick. I think its time i let go and sell all 4 of my arcade stick setups + adapters for 360 and wii.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I just got another arcade stick (the PS3 hori stick) and honestly, i do worse with a stick then i do with a controller. Even with my broken 360 controller that has a sticky d-pad, i can pull off combos and moves much easier on that then i do with any arcade stick. I think its time i let go and sell all 4 of my arcade stick setups + adapters for 360 and wii.[/QUOTE]

What sticks are you selling? I may be interested.

[quote name='genfuyung']Hey Markman, will the 360 TE stick work with BC games?[/quote]

I've been getting a lot of emails/PMs regarding whether or not the 360 TE stick will work with Third Strike via BC.

Yes it will.

Use this button mapping:

3231042026_0145675ca7.jpg

[quote name='blitz6speed']I just got another arcade stick (the PS3 hori stick) and honestly, i do worse with a stick then i do with a controller. Even with my broken 360 controller that has a sticky d-pad, i can pull off combos and moves much easier on that then i do with any arcade stick. I think its time i let go and sell all 4 of my arcade stick setups + adapters for 360 and wii.[/quote]
it's all practice

back in the days when i played alpha 3 and was learning VCs, i played on pad and i could do everything and i couldn't do anything on stick

now it's the other way around
i can't even imagine playing on pad anymore

woohoo, Lizard Lick got their black competition buttons back in stock. Finally placed my first order with them! Had everything shipped directly to akuma001. My stick is closer to becoming a reality!

Should I wait for the SFIV SE stick for 360 or is there another one out there that I can get now for around the same price or cheaper? I have 6 Sanwa buttons I can use to mod. I also have an LS-32, the stock joystick would probably work fine for my needs, but if the LS-32 would fit thats gravy. Any ideas?

Guess I could use the housing of my FS3, but would need to a new PCB. I'm not too up to speed on 360 sticks, are there special PCBs?

[quote name='Jest']Should I wait for the SFIV SE stick for 360 or is there another one out there that I can get now for around the same price or cheaper? I have 6 Sanwa buttons I can use to mod. I also have an LS-32, the stock joystick would probably work fine for my needs, but if the LS-32 would fit thats gravy. Any ideas?

Guess I could use the housing of my FS3, but would need to a new PCB. I'm not too up to speed on 360 sticks, are there special PCBs?[/QUOTE]

I really think you should wait. You could use the Hori DOA4/SC4/Fighting Stick EX2, but the mod would be much harder and the PCB would be inferior as well.

Hey MarkMan, Cheapy's best friend Crecente doesn't seem to know what the extra 2 buttons are for on the TE Stick. While a lot of people have complained about it (I can see why, but I like it) he's taking off points thinking he knows why its there

http://kotaku.com/5139955/street-fighter-iv-tournament-edition-fight-stick-review-shoryuken

"Two Extra Buttons: I know I can ignore those two far right buttons, they're there for people who can't manage to press the other three on the top or bottom at the same time. But this is supposed to be a Tournament Edition stick, so why include it. Occasionally, I found my hand accidentally slipping one button over because of them. My own failing, but sort of annoying."

[quote name='evophile']Hey MarkMan, Cheapy's best friend Crecente doesn't seem to know what the extra 2 buttons are for on the TE Stick. While a lot of people have complained about it (I can see why, but I like it) he's taking off points thinking he knows why its there

http://kotaku.com/5139955/street-fighter-iv-tournament-edition-fight-stick-review-shoryuken

"Two Extra Buttons: I know I can ignore those two far right buttons, they're there for people who can't manage to press the other three on the top or bottom at the same time. But this is supposed to be a Tournament Edition stick, so why include it. Occasionally, I found my hand accidentally slipping one button over because of them. My own failing, but sort of annoying."[/quote]

He also said the stick casing was made of wood...:roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='evophile']Hey MarkMan, Cheapy's best friend Crecente doesn't seem to know what the extra 2 buttons are for on the TE Stick. While a lot of people have complained about it (I can see why, but I like it) he's taking off points thinking he knows why its there

"Two Extra Buttons: I know I can ignore those two far right buttons, they're there for people who can't manage to press the other three on the top or bottom at the same time. But this is supposed to be a Tournament Edition stick, so why include it. Occasionally, I found my hand accidentally slipping one button over because of them. My own failing, but sort of annoying."[/quote]
isn't that the same guy that thought the xarcade was the best arcade stick ever? ahhhh and now everyone's a joystick pro and knows the difference between sanwa and seimitsu.

NCSX put up preorders for the HRAP EX SE stick. @ $229 before shipping I'll be taking a pass. I couldn't scrape together $150 for the TE, I sure can't almost double that for this stick.

[quote name='kainzero']isn't that the same guy that thought the xarcade was the best arcade stick ever? ahhhh and now everyone's a joystick pro and knows the difference between sanwa and seimitsu.[/QUOTE]it's called "sanway" you noob!!

[quote name='MarkMan']So I'm here, still baffled... How do you mistake plastic for wood?[/QUOTE]

hay man do u ever watch America's Best Dance Crew?

and how that show has Lil Mama on it??

I'm jus saying... sum ppl in this world are hella dumb beyond dumbness

[quote name='MarkMan']So I'm here, still baffled... How do you mistake plastic for wood?[/quote]
I'm really, REALLY tempted to make a penis vs. dildo joke here... SO I WILL!!!

NSFW maybe.
(I assume) it's easy enough to confuse wood for plastic when your a woman and your in the dark.... Wait a tick! BRIAN CRECENTE IS A WOMAN CONFIRMED!!!

[quote name='MarkMan']So I'm here, still baffled... How do you mistake plastic for wood?[/QUOTE]

maybe he thinks the vewlix and all candy cabs are made out of wood too. lol

he did after all work in an arcade you know, fixing rainbow edition and replacing imitation cherry switches one at a time and watching drunk people play high level strats in hole in the wall bars. :p

i feel like karma is gonna bite me in the ass for talking smack now.

I'm not one to rationalize stupidity, but maybe he thought it was actually built of wood and just had a plastic coating around it so the wood doesn't get damaged.

Or somethin'. fuck, I donno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back