CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TheToiletDuck']Ohhhh.. ok cool. I wasn't aware of negative edging.

I'm actually still getting used to the stick as i learnt and always played street fighter with a dpad (genesis,psx and ps2). I wish i had known about the fightpad before buying the ex2. I used to be ace with ken/ryu but find their moves sets difficult with a stick, whereas charge characters are infinitely better for me with a stick.

I might be alright with some more practice.[/QUOTE]

Eh you'll be better off long term playing with a stick. Yea it's going to take time and practice, same when you go to a better quality stick but if you're going to play the game may as well do it the way that lets you take full advantage.

[quote name='heavyd853']Yeah, just be careful of the hand position you have when you are moving your fingers to a different button. It drives me insane when I'm doing a ROM with Magneto and then randomly a roundhouse will come out and ruin everything.

It's all about hand positioning![/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the worst. I'm always banging out ex moves in 3rd strike on accident because of that.

I haven't really found a way of positioning my hand on the ache rap that I like a lot. I usually just kind of change it on the fly, if that makes sense. Is that what most people do?

I usually place my index, middle, and ring fingers above the buttons in a 6 button layout and hit a button in a column with that finger. It works pretty well.

When I play Soul Calibur on a stick, I use the arcade layout and use 3 fingers and a thumb. Thumb on G, index on A, middle on B, and ring on K.

If I do go with a layout I've got middle on square, ring on triangle, pinky on r1, and index on x. That's just because marvel was like the first game I played with a stick.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The SRK SFIV stick thread is a nasty nest of bitch ass trolls. Damn. It's like SFIV comes out, sticks come out, everyone turns into bitch ass pussies.[/quote]

I refuse to believe that ANYONE at SRK is elitist, whiny, or any of it. The hell you say!:whistle2:#

[quote name='Ronin317']I refuse to believe that ANYONE at SRK is elitist, whiny, or any of it. The hell you say!:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
:grouphug: It's mostly the influx of new members who need their SFIV game/stick fix like a crackhead needs a fix, and they can't chill the fuck out or attack Markman and Mad Catz like they have a blood feud with them.

I'll admit I jumped ship on the TE stick, but that's because Amazon wasn't shipping them yet. I need a 360 stick, my 360 dpad is dying, and the HRAP EX is a good 360 stick. I acted instead of just posted in a forum about how "Mad Catz SUX bcuz dey ain't made enuf stix 4 us!!" Shit happens, deal with it.

[quote name='genfuyung']Does anyone have some high res pics of all the character select pictures from HD Remix? I found them on Deviantart but they are all different sizes.[/QUOTE]Not sure if you still need this, but if you go to http://www.sirlin.net/sf, each pic on that "select screen" will link to a 371x416 photo of the character's vs. pose.

So has anyone else tried the Standard SFIV Sticks? I'm deciding whether I want to buy one today or not, and it sounds like there may be some issues with them.

It looks like it might be worth throwing down on the HRAP 3 instead.

[quote name='MarkMan']Thanks guys.

Anyone, back on topic.

The next wave of HRAP EX-SEs are shipping/going out soon from Hori, did anyone on here bite at all? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive as I love me some Seimitsu (remember how crazy I went when I got the HRAP: SE?)...

I wish T6BR was out already cuz I'd review that shit with that game ;([/quote]Had I known that, I might have chilled out on buying that HRAP EX last week but it's all good. Still waiting on Amazon to ship out my TE stick.

just got more pics from akuma001... looks like my 4-PCB, two player mod is just about ready!!!
PICT0858.jpg

PICT0860.jpg

Arcade stick + SFIV + my impending HDTV purchase = a good season for fighting games in the Busta household!

[quote name='Ronin317']I refuse to believe that ANYONE at SRK is elitist, whiny, or any of it. The hell you say!:whistle2:#[/quote]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']:grouphug: It's mostly the influx of new members who need their SFIV game/stick fix like a crackhead needs a fix, and they can't chill the fuck out or attack Markman and Mad Catz like they have a blood feud with them.

[/quote]

Its always been like this among that community. During alt.games.sf2 we had alot of attacks and elitism.

These days we have fans that feel like they're owed every little thing possible. Its nice to see the passion is that strong...but certainly annoying at the same time.

Busta looks nice but was wondering why you have the 1-player start button so close to the fierce punch button? Wont that accidentally cause you to press start or get confuse?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']:grouphug: It's mostly the influx of new members who need their SFIV game/stick fix like a crackhead needs a fix, and they can't chill the fuck out or attack Markman and Mad Catz like they have a blood feud with them.

I'll admit I jumped ship on the TE stick, but that's because Amazon wasn't shipping them yet. I need a 360 stick, my 360 dpad is dying, and the HRAP EX is a good 360 stick. I acted instead of just posted in a forum about how "Mad Catz SUX bcuz dey ain't made enuf stix 4 us!!" Shit happens, deal with it.[/quote]

Oh, I know, it's always been that way...which is why I lurked for years there without posting until last year.

Anyways, I need to send some friend requests out here to you, Busta, and Markman so we can get some SFIV on later. That goes for the rest of the regs in this thread too - drop a request...let's fight!

I'll probably get my ass handed to me for a while, but eh, at least it will be fun. I'm so not as good as I used to be at Fighting games...

[quote name='option.iv']Nice looking stick Busta. Looks like you'll have the party in a box wherever you go.[/QUOTE]thanks!!

[quote name='rcaido']Busta looks nice but was wondering why you have the 1-player start button so close to the fierce punch button? Wont that accidentally cause you to press start or get confuse?[/QUOTE]It's modded from an empty X-arcade case, so the button layout was already set up like that. I had used that stick in it's original form on MAME though, and I never had a problem accidentally hitting start. But JUST to be extra safe, I used a "Yenox" button for start, which supposedly has a tighter fit and takes a little more effort to push... so even in a worst-case scenario it will be a little harder to accidentally trigger it.

The start button placement on the 1-player version of that stick looks a lot worse:
xarcade_solo_1.jpg

Man, I remember when I wanted that Hanaho HotRod arcade stick... but then I heard about the X-Arcade and was like "whoa, I'll wait for that." And I waited for so long and it came out and I was like "this is gonna be tha shit!!" But it was also $150, and I didn't have $150 :(

You should have had akuma001 cover it up & just add holes to the front for the 1 & 2 player button...Looks nice though, im a masher so i would definitely push that start button!:)

[quote name='Ronin317']Oh, I know, it's always been that way...which is why I lurked for years there without posting until last year.

Anyways, I need to send some friend requests out here to you, Busta, and Markman so we can get some SFIV on later. That goes for the rest of the regs in this thread too - drop a request...let's fight!

I'll probably get my ass handed to me for a while, but eh, at least it will be fun. I'm so not as good as I used to be at Fighting games...[/QUOTE]

I knew you were being sarcastic. Hell yeah, I lurked there for years. I post every now and then now, but it's mainly in the tech area, or for lulz.

I'll be up for some SFIV when I get it too. :)

That SE Fight Stick is a piece of crap.

I was just playing JFD (whupping his ass), and the damn thing stopped going left, so I couldn't back up on one side and I couldn't go forward on the other.

Garbage.

If you guys are picking it up, you're definitely going to want to order a Sanwa replacement stick right away.

Damn, I really did NOT want to hear that. Maybe instead of selling my EX2, to partially fund an SE stick, I'll just mod it. I wanted the TE so bad, I just can't justify the $150 right now (still trying to pay down some debt form being unemployed/freelancing for 8 months). I guess the EX2 will have to do for now...which isn't actually bad. Could be better, but it's certainly better than the 360 dpad.

good lord, look at this monstrosity:

anyone ever see one of those things in the wild??? since it's old and I've never heard of it by now I can't imagine it's any good.

[quote name='Ronin317']Damn, I really did NOT want to hear that. Maybe instead of selling my EX2, to partially fund an SE stick, I'll just mod it.[/QUOTE]

Just remember that modding the EX2 will be wayyy harder than modding the SF4 SE stick. The EX2's buttons are soldered to the PCB and pretty difficult to remove if you don't own a desoldering gun. Also the SF4 sticks have the ability to function as the right and left analog sticks, which the EX2 does not.

eh, I'm alright on soldering...I really don't mind. there is something to be said about the feeling later on playing with something that's unique to you. It's more the time it will take than anything else.

Plus, right now, while I have the money to just go grab a TE stick, I just can't justify it. So I guess for me it's either stick with the EX2 for now, and mod it at some point soon, or just go get a TE stick somewhere (or wait until wave 2 of them), and sell the EX2.

Has anyone had a TE stick from Amazon actually ship? They pushed back my ship date, and have thusfar haven't responded to my e-mail inquiries about the order.

I'd be tempted to cancel the pre-order and just buy the HRAP (PS3), but I paid in-part with a gift card (Coinstar promotion from December)....and I'd rather not do that. Also, I really like the idea of a stick that I could mod without soldering (since I lack both tools and skills).

...looks like I'm stuck with the FS3 until Madcatz gets its production lines going again. :(

I have the PS3 SE Fight Stick.
Ive never had a arcade stick before, but i know what should and shouldnt happen....

my joystick does not get stuck like some say, dont hear or feel the washer grinding.
I think after folks who havent played with an arcade stick really before like me will hate the square gate, i can tell what u guys mean by the stick being stiff and the square gate feeling awkward.

the buttons are very good imo, they do not get stuck and regisster very well. i have no lag that i notice. My sister who doesnt even play games had zero problems playing with the arcade stick.

As for looks, i like the look of the SE more then the TE. I thought the SE is pretty heavy i could only imagine the TE. I liked the all around whiteness of the SE, though its just my preferance.

its a great gaming peripheral! If i upgrade ill give u guys a review again.

lol to that guy whos said its markmans fault with the quality issues. haha its funny imagining markman assembling all 10,000 fight sticks by himself... LOL,, obviously its not his fault he designed a good product, ten bucks says he didnt touch the machines that piece them together and it seems Madcatz needs to fire who ever is heading their manufacturing quality section...

[quote name='bjkrautk']Has anyone had a TE stick from Amazon actually ship? They pushed back my ship date, and have thusfar haven't responded to my e-mail inquiries about the order.[/quote]

No, date still Feb 24th with 1-day ship. I emailed them last weekend and pretty much got "thats the date, we dont know why, if youd like to cancel..." I have no interest in the game without a stick. Going to have to drown my wait in Canadian Club and MvSF arcade cab at a friends.

currently the Sony Ps3 Street Fighter 4 fight stick is currently sold out basically everywhere, so i was considering settling for the HRAP3...i have never owned a fight stick before so i was wondering what the differences are between these and the SF4 Tournament stick...is there any big noticeable ones? I am mainly looking for one that is built well and is responsive...

any arcade stick will be better than the ps3 D-pad, but i want to make sure that my money is going to be well spent ^__^

Thanks
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1234910770&sr=1-1

[quote name='hyogen']are there issues with fitment with octagonal gate for hrap 3?[/quote]

any issues with octagonal gate on hrap3?

[quote name='hyogen']are there issues with fitment with octagonal gate for hrap 3?[/QUOTE]

No, nor are there issues with fitification or fitualization.

Figured I would cut and paste my post on gamefaqs.

So I added new buttons, didn't buy enough adapter things though to finish the top row of buttons. But you can see its pretty simple. I just went to radio shack for basic connectors. Should have gone to Frys to make this more clean. More pictures later.

closeup.jpg

top.jpg

Guys I just wanted to update everyone that there will be an official announcement regarding anyone having issues with the standard edition FightSticks soon. We're not ignoring anyone.

I haven't been following the thread today, but I hope everyone is doing well. Street Fighter IV is here... so I hope everyone has a good time with the game.

I got my CEs today!

3288340655_b4e37c5f6e.jpg

3289158766_da93847cbd.jpg

And that second pic... I'm thinking of putting it up as a prize for a contest on sdt... I need to get Seth's autograph first to make it complete...

[quote name='bjkrautk']Has anyone had a TE stick from Amazon actually ship? They pushed back my ship date, and have thusfar haven't responded to my e-mail inquiries about the order.

I'd be tempted to cancel the pre-order and just buy the HRAP (PS3), but I paid in-part with a gift card (Coinstar promotion from December)....and I'd rather not do that. Also, I really like the idea of a stick that I could mod without soldering (since I lack both tools and skills).

...looks like I'm stuck with the FS3 until Madcatz gets its production lines going again. :([/quote]

The HRAP3 does not require soldering to modify. All of the buttons use quick disconnects. Buying the HRAP3 for $100 and then upgrading the buttons for about $30 through Lizard Lick is a good way to go.

[quote name='JEKKI']lol!!! ooooohhhhh shyt!!!

I think sum1 jus got...
[/QUOTE]

Oh, you know he just paid them to make that a word. It's a Duketastrophe!

[quote name='zewone']That SE Fight Stick is a piece of crap.

I was just playing JFD (whupping his ass), and the damn thing stopped going left, so I couldn't back up on one side and I couldn't go forward on the other.

Garbage.

If you guys are picking it up, you're definitely going to want to order a Sanwa replacement stick right away.[/QUOTE]

Yea that issue has been out there for like a week and seems like almost every one of them suffers from it. Pretty much only reason to pick those up is to mod it right off the bat and you want the smaller lighter case like the EX2 but easier to mod.

Still hate all of you with the game so so much. /glare

[quote name='bjkrautk']Has anyone had a TE stick from Amazon actually ship? They pushed back my ship date, and have thusfar haven't responded to my e-mail inquiries about the order.

...looks like I'm stuck with the FS3 until Madcatz gets its production lines going again. :([/QUOTE]

I called gamecrazy and bought the last one they had last night after Amazon changed the ship date for my order. I have had mine on preorder all the way back to when Amazon did not even have a date for it. Now they change it to ship next week and I wont get it for another week after that so 2 weeks for someone who preordered so early. They did the same thing with my CE of the game for the 360. Unless you get one from B&M in the next day or so they might be sold out and you might have to hold off till amazon gets more in.

Well since I haven't been able to play working on my stick art again. Got the characters almost done and pretty sure I'm digging it but something's still a touch off. Feedback?

Edit- Ignore the faint line through it, wasn't able to see that zoomed in as I was working and fixed it now.

CharacterTest.jpg

LOL. I'm really starting to think Madcatz SE stick > TE stick. At least for me

My HRAP2:SA is big and a bitch to lug around. The TE is even bigger! But a fully modded SE stick is just right and cheaper. I will main my HRAP at home but take the SE around for trips to work and friends. It is unacceptable that many people are experiencing QC problems with a stock SE. But as long as the electronics hold up...a modded SE is a winner. Great job Markman!

[quote name='Japakneez']LOL. I'm really starting to think Madcatz SE stick > TE stick. At least for me[/quote]

Why is that? And I'm assuming you mean modded SE?

[quote name='MarkMan']Guys I just wanted to update everyone that there will be an official announcement regarding anyone having issues with the standard edition FightSticks soon. We're not ignoring anyone.

I haven't been following the thread today, but I hope everyone is doing well. Street Fighter IV is here... so I hope everyone has a good time with the game.[/quote]

That's awesome news. Thanks, MarkMan. We appreciate it.

What about the alleged problems with the pads? Are there any real problems with the pads breaking or are people just being wimpy when adjusting to the new controller? Mine's worked beautifully so far and I'm recommending it to all of my friends... once I test it out some more to make sure it doesn't break, heh.

[quote name='GuardianE']Why is that? And I'm assuming you mean modded SE?[/quote]

Yes the modded SE. Due to its compact size, weight (surprisingly heavy for small stick), and overall portability. I'm looking at it and it also gives just enough room on the inside for dual stick mods. But once again, time will tell if the PCB is any good.

$80 SE stick ($70 if you go with PS3)
$20 Seimitsu joystick ($25 if you want Sanwa)
$24 Seimitsu/Sanwa Buttons ($3x8 buttons)

Base cost of $124 if you went with a 100% Seimitsu mod with the xbox360 stick. I'm using lizardlick prices.

How large is the SE? Looking at my FS3, it's small and compact, but it's just that. I really don't have a good palce to lay down my wrists and it really doesn't fit on my lap. (I'm more of a lap player)

You can see a couple posts up 2 pics of my SE stick. Behind it sits the SF4 box.

[quote name='option.iv']How large is the SE? Looking at my FS3, it's small and compact, but it's just that. I really don't have a good palce to lay down my wrists and it really doesn't fit on my lap. (I'm more of a lap player)[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back